Long story short... the OTT was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This is why whenever anyone says that game testing is fun or cushy I laugh in their face.[/QUOTE]

Plus how many times can you say, check the boundaries of a level for clipping or test a boss's AI or whatever? I'm sure it gets real old really fucking quick. I'm surprised you still want to play games when you're done.

I'm lucky that I can differentiate "games as work" and "games for fun" but a lot of people seem completely unable to play games after testing. Hell, whenever the missus is playing a game "for fun" she still ends up testing it. Managed to get stuck in environment in Bulletstorm and was about to smash her keyboard.

I made 100 rounds of 9mm today. Would have made more but I didn't have much time for that sort of thang.

My 7000 9mm casings came today though. Holy shit was that heavy.

Morning, OTT.

I'd like to give a shout out to Number83.5, as he turns 18 today...Love ya and don't do anything stupid like rush out and get a tat or something, or I will start charging you rent.

On a more personal note...1 down, 2 to go!

White people problem time: All week long I'm so fuckin tired in the morning my alarm can barely wake me up. If left to my devices I'd sleep in until past 8. Then today, my first day off, I wake up at 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. WTF?

83 - take 83.5 to Smokey Bones. A perfect excuse to go! Oh, no Smokey Bones up this way yet but we're getting a Texas Roadhouse. Those are pretty good right? They have pulled pork and all that bbq type stuff I think. Isn't there one on Broadcasting Road?

Ever since I left Texas, or really a few days before, I've been waking up earlier than normal--anywhere from 5-6AM. It really sucks because I am dead tired by the middle of the day.

In other news, I leave for NYC on Tuesday, then London on Wednesday, then Paris on the 18th. Je suis très excité

[quote name='Maklershed']White people problem time: All week long I'm so fuckin tired in the morning my alarm can barely wake me up. If left to my devices I'd sleep in until past 8. Then today, my first day off, I wake up at 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. WTF?

83 - take 83.5 to Smokey Bones. A perfect excuse to go! Oh, no Smokey Bones up this way yet but we're getting a Texas Roadhouse. Those are pretty good right? They have pulled pork and all that bbq type stuff I think. Isn't there one on Broadcasting Road?[/QUOTE]

It's the excitement of having the days off that gets your adrenaline pumping, I think. Think of it as more game time!

We rented a tent and are throwing him a party for him and all his friends from school...Pizza, Wings, etc. I was hoping with the holiday weekend, that we'd get a lot of no-shows...doesnt seem to be the case however.

I'm not a big fan of TR...it's hit or miss. Sometimes it great, others not so much. Yes, they have almost the same faire as Smokey Bones. There is one on Broadcasting...I actually think it's either right across from Smokey Bones or the next block after.

[quote name='seanr1221']Fun filled weekend...BBBQ tonight, Camel Beach tomorrow, another BBBQ Sunday and Phillies Monday.[/QUOTE]

Are these just typos or are BBBQs different than BBQs? Or is it, "The extra B is for BYOB!"

AcQnV.png

I'm only about 30* minutes from route 83, but I work tonight.

*York traffic sucks, so it could be longer than 30 minutes.

[quote name='Number83']Chick-Fil-A[/QUOTE]

Ahh we don't have any of those around here except for in malls and I think even those are gone now.

As someone with no credit (or is it technically good credit? Never signed up for a credit card before), would signing up for one of those reward credit cards (You know, like Amazon does, sign up and get $50 off or whatever) and not using it other than for the initial purchase harm my credit score or just do nothing? I wouldn't use a credit card and build up a balance regularly.

[quote name='seanr1221']I haven't been to a water park since I was a little kid. I wonder if it's possible to just float in the lazy river all day.[/QUOTE]
The lazy river has never been lazier.

Things like overspending, latecharges and whatnot will hurt your credit rating, but also things like applying for too many cards, cancelling them too shortly after receiving them, or even having too many people checking your credit score.

However, getting a single card like that and using it, say, only for your Amazon purchases and paying it off on time every month immediately after you buy something will help your rating out.

OK Pennsylvanians, we're heading out in a little bit. Find my cell # on my facebook page if you want to catch a bite off of 78 or 83 in the 4-6pm time frame (around 4pm we'll be closer to Allentown, 6pm York).

I didn't qualify for a CC until I was 22-23 because I was in Rocko's predicament. This was around the same time I started a full time job. Maybe that's why I was able o get a CC. From personal experience, a CC is a dangerous thing. My credit limit started at $3500, but has since been raised to $5500. Always remind yourself: NEVER buy something you can't pay off immediately. I have always paid my CC in full every month, but I have come close to living off near broke until my next paycheck at times.

If I ever got a CC I would use it for small purchases and pay it monthly from my checking account. I would use it as a debit card, basically, in order to hopefully build credit.

It's too dangerous (and financially irresponsible) to buy something you don't already have the money to comfortably pay off within the month unless it's something like a car or an emergency (car repair or something).

For online-type stuff, I have a Capital One card that has a $300 limit. It's great for those types of purchases, because if someone were to get my cc# from online shopping, they can't do very much. So far I've been very happy with Capital One. I've had this card since Jan. In the past I had an Amazon card, BoA, Citi, and Discover. I wasn't unhappy with Discover or Amazon. I *hated* the Citi card. They were retarded about when you pay versus when it's applied and the effective date. Even if you paid online the day your bill was due, it took 2-4 days for the payment to post and they'd charge you a late fee. Bank Of America was even worse.

I actually had a CC with Washington mutual where your credit limit was determined by how much money you deposited into a "special" account. I really liked this idea since you would he able to pay off your CC no matter what. Sadly they discontinued it once Chase took over.

[quote name='Maklershed']The first UFC fight on network tv is gonna be Cain Velasquez vs JDS. That's pretty epic. I can't wait.[/QUOTE]Damn it. I was hoping to watch that live in San Jose.

I should have a three day weekend but I agreed to work labor day for both the holiday pay and so I didnt have to take a day without pay.
Not crazy about working day shift at a different hospital than I'm used to but I can hopefully keep the critical part of my mind turned off for those 8 hours.

[quote name='Maklershed']The first UFC fight on network tv is gonna be Cain Velasquez vs JDS. That's pretty epic. I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Sweet

Check out the new foosball/coffee table I picked up at Big lots for $225 yesterday:

v5byfa.jpg

It was marked at $250, and was a display model, but the guy working there saw my pac man shirt, and I struck up on conversation with him, and he offered it to me for $225, so I jumped at it. There was an issue getting my points to credit to my big lot loyality card, but it worked out in the end.

I can't wait until my basement is done in the winter when I will work on it with my Dad! I'll have arcade games, several TVs, pinball, and places for my friends to come and game.

The plan is arcade carpeting, black lights, a T2-3 pinball machine, a Neo Geo 4 or 6 slot, several CRTs for classic gaming, a fridge, and this coffee table will be the first piece of furniture for the game room!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back