Looking for a cameraman for Left 4 Dead Machinima

CaptainPlanet!

CAGiversary!
What's up everybody. It's been a while, but hey, what better way to return than with a shiny new thread?

So a little studio I'm part of is looking for a cameraman for a Left 4 Dead machinima series we're trying to get off the ground. We've already got the scripts, actors, editors, etc., but recently our video capture guy bailed on us. I figured CAG might be a good place to find a new one.

If interested, you should be able to run FRAPS (or the capture software of your choice) and Left 4 Dead (maxed settings) simultaneously. PM or post if this interests you. Thanks.

Do you need actors? I do a pretty good Bill... I often lag behind, i'm usually pounced on, and my cigarette never goes out. :lol:

Also, after a few beers I'm a decent Boomer... :puke:

[quote name='carpwrist']Do you need actors? I do a pretty good Bill... I often lag behind, i'm usually pounced on, and my cigarette never goes out.

Also, after a few beers I'm a decent Boomer... [/quote]
We already have Bill, sorry. Have any sound clips of that Boomer, though?

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']We already have Bill, sorry. Have any sound clips of that Boomer, though?[/QUOTE]

Uhh, he was kidding, as in a real life actor :roll:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Uhh, he was kidding, as in a real life actor :roll:[/quote]
This I know, though in hindsight it wasn't very evident in my response.

I always wondered if the sound clip Valve used for the Boomer's attack is actually someone puking, or just making the sound. I like to think they gave Gabe some Ipecac one day without his knowledge, and then followed him around with a recorder, waiting for the inevitable.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']I always wondered if the sound clip Valve used for the Boomer's attack is actually someone puking, or just making the sound. I like to think they gave Gabe some Ipecac one day without his knowledge, and then followed him around with a recorder, waiting for the inevitable.[/quote]

It's funny you mention Ipecac, since Mike Patton did the voices for all of the infected. I'm pretty sure he did the Boomer too.

I am not sure if you guys are still looking for a cameraman (or if you found one now), but i would be interested in helping out with this if you still need one.
I can run left 4 dead on max w/ max antialias at a resolution of 1920x1200
FRAPS says i get 60fps without recording turned on. When i turned it on to make a test video it ran at 30fps
(FRAPS settings are at Full-size and I selected 60fps)

bread's done
Back