Looking for a live tanuki?

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Are these things even real? Can you have them as pets? If so, where can you find them? I know some of you might wonder if I'm stupid for asking these questions and if I'm being serious. The answer to both is yes.

real-thing-tanuki-JT.jpg

According to Wikipedia, a tanuki, also known as a Raccoon Dog, is a species of wild dog (often confused with a badger or raccoon, though) in Japan (and a few other places). I suppose you technically could have one as a pet if you went to Japan, caught a wild one, and were somehow able to tame it, but I imagine that it would be very difficult. It would be a cool pet, though.

tanuki.gif

Thanks for the help. I've been reading a little more about them and the whole shape-shifting thing really appeals to me. If I was somehow able to catch one and sneak onto a plane, I would most definitely name it Tom Nook, after the Animal Crossing character. Just one more of my dreams shot down. That thing would be such a babe magnet.

Hey FriskyT. Since you seem to be in on the Tanuki thing, please answer one question. With the shape-shifting, if the Tanookie turns into for example a tree, will it be a regular size tree or a tree approximately the size of the tanuki? This info might play a part into if I want to smuggle one into the country.

[quote name='repetske']Hey FriskyT. Since you seem to be in on the Tanuki thing, please answer one question. With the shape-shifting, if the Tanookie turns into for example a tree, will it be a regular size tree or a tree approximately the size of the tanuki? This info might play a part into if I want to smuggle one into the country.[/QUOTE]
From the stories I've heard, it's only the size of the Tanuki. Though I believe they could stand on top of another and form a regular tree that way if they so desired.

Maybe if enough of us express our desire to own our very own tanuki someone will begin to import them to the US. Hell, CheapyD is about to move to Japan and said he doesn't have a job besides CAG. Maybe he can take on tanuki wrangling?

[quote name='repetske']Maybe if enough of us express our desire to own our very own tanuki someone will begin to import them to the US. Hell, CheapyD is about to move to Japan and said he doesn't have a job besides CAG. Maybe he can take on tanuki wrangling?[/QUOTE]

CHEAPYD!!!! 300$ shipped for a tunaki

I have no clue where this thread came out of, but I like it.

Also, I hadn't known that Cheapy was moving to Japan. When was this announced?

bread's done
Back