Looking for Xbox 360 HDMI AV Cable

Shimrra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
I just got a new tv and it has a couple HDMI ports so I would like to know if there are any deals going on for Xbox 360 HDMI Cable. If anyone has one do you see a difference with HDMI compared to Component?

There is no '360' HDMI cable, any HDMI cable will work. There is a big debate over whether VGA or HDMI is better on 360. My 360 doesn't have HDMI and VGA looks better than component for me and I can set the resolution to my LCD TV which has 768 instead of 720 lines. I think VGA is more flexible, but not too sure. You should be able to get either for around $15 online.

the xbox hdmi kit has an an adapter for the audio though (optical and rca analog), if he doesn't have a way to get sound thru hdmi...

As for component and hdmi, i don't notice a difference... I run my stuff hdmi thru my receiver for switching, the only reason i went with hdmi... I bought cheap ones off of amazon ($3 apiece for 6 footers) and they work just fine... the only real advantages to HDMI - IMHO-1080p and the new surround sound codecs (dts HD and Dolby TrueHD) are moot points on the 360 as none of the games use it...

[quote name='fred312b']the xbox hdmi kit has an an adapter for the audio though (optical and rca analog), if he doesn't have a way to get sound thru hdmi...

As for component and hdmi, i don't notice a difference... I run my stuff hdmi thru my receiver for switching, the only reason i went with hdmi... I bought cheap ones off of amazon ($3 apiece for 6 footers) and they work just fine... the only real advantages to HDMI - IMHO-1080p and the new surround sound codecs (dts HD and Dolby TrueHD) are moot points on the 360 as none of the games use it...[/quote]
None of the games use the sound stuff because the 360 only supports HDMI 1.2, not 1.3. You can get 1080p through component quite easily.

My Xbox Elite has 2 cables running out the back.
1 HDMI to the TV
1 Optical to the receiver

If you have an HDMI port on the 360, you don't need an HDMI kit.
If you don't have the port, the standard 360 component cables will give you 720/1080p video just the same as HDMI. I should know, as I've done it before. HDMI just simplifies it all (HD audio/video) to one cable.

[quote name='YodaEXE']None of the games use the sound stuff because the 360 only supports HDMI 1.2, not 1.3. You can get 1080p through component quite easily.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, you would think. My friend's Sony Bravia doesn't support 1080p through component. How convenient for Sony :). You should check your TV about what formats are supported by what cables.

definitely monoprice.com. i ordered a hdmi cable from their website for about $2.40 plus about $2.00 for shipping and it was a great quality cable. definitely worth checking out monoprice if you are in the market for a cable... nothing wrong with Microsoft's products, but there is no use paying that much for an HDMI cable and audio adapter...

[quote name='phoenicks']My Xbox Elite has 2 cables running out the back.
1 HDMI to the TV
1 Optical to the receiver

If you have an HDMI port on the 360, you don't need an HDMI kit.
If you don't have the port, the standard 360 component cables will give you 720/1080p video just the same as HDMI. I should know, as I've done it before. HDMI just simplifies it all (HD audio/video) to one cable.[/quote]

Yes, you do. Only the Elite came with HDMI and Optical output. Non-Elites with HDMI have no Optical output and require the $50 kit for HDMI and Optical. I discovered this the hard way and am currently using VGA/Optical until I find the HDMI/optical adapter at a reasonable price.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yes, you do. Only the Elite came with HDMI and Optical output. Non-Elites with HDMI have no Optical output and require the $50 kit for HDMI and Optical. I discovered this the hard way and am currently using VGA/Optical until I find the HDMI/optical adapter at a reasonable price.[/quote]

I got a Pro a few weeks ago and all I had to do was hook my HDMI cable from the 360 to the TV.

[quote name='KSHLove']gamedealdaily.com has official 360 hdmi cables used for $14.99 + shipping[/quote]

Just to confirm this was the offical MS HDMI kit that gamedaily had for $14.99.

I picked one up as my Arcade has no optical out so I needed the kit, it was a good deal.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I got a Pro a few weeks ago and all I had to do was hook my HDMI cable from the 360 to the TV.[/quote]

Yeah, but if you use a home theater receiver, you can't run audio directly from the 360. You have to pass-through the TV.

My TV volume has control over the optical output, which absolutely sucks. So, the only option to get decent sound is to run directly to the receiver.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, but if you use a home theater receiver, you can't run audio directly from the 360. You have to pass-through the TV.

My TV volume has control over the optical output, which absolutely sucks. So, the only option to get decent sound is to run directly to the receiver.[/quote]

I didn't know that. The sounds comes through awesomely with my surround sound set up.

bread's done
Back