Looks Like I Got Ripped Off $230...NEW UPDATE: Wednesday Is His Last Chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate to see anyone get ripped off, especially for so much merchandise. But I have to wonder if this is karma reaching an equilibrium. Isn't Mr. "AnGeL" the one who was having his mom return copies of Madden to Target for $49.99 when he purchased them for $16 with 40% off rainchecks multiple times?

I really can't feel that sorry for someone else's fraudulent behaviour coming back to bite him in the ass.

[quote name='Kayden']Yes, we'll take 6,000 chicken fahjightahs.

And I'll have a soosaj mcbiscuit.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

You sir, are awesome. I never mind a quality FG reference.

[quote name='bmulligan']I really hate to see anyone get ripped off, especially for so much merchandise. But I have to wonder if this is karma reaching an equilibrium. Isn't Mr. "AnGeL" the one who was having his mom return copies of Madden to Target for $49.99 when he purchased them for $16 with 40% off rainchecks multiple times?

I really can't feel that sorry for someone else's fraudulent behaviour coming back to bite him in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Plus he's a Viking fan . . . boo!

Just kidding . . . I hope he got his money.

[quote name='bmulligan']I really hate to see anyone get ripped off, especially for so much merchandise. But I have to wonder if this is karma reaching an equilibrium. Isn't Mr. "AnGeL" the one who was having his mom return copies of Madden to Target for $49.99 when he purchased them for $16 with 40% off rainchecks multiple times?

I really can't feel that sorry for someone else's fraudulent behaviour coming back to bite him in the ass.[/QUOTE]

It's target's own damn problem. Not his. He's just taking advantage of it, which is what it's there for. Isn't it?

[quote name='Technique']It's target's own damn problem. Not his. He's just taking advantage of it, which is what it's there for. Isn't it?[/QUOTE]

No. It's fraud, pure and simple. Target is providing a service for customers; he was abusing it to defraud them because he knew he probably wouldn't get caught.

If I steal your stuff, is it your fault for not paying attention? Hint: It's the criminal who's at fault, not the victim.

[quote name='slidecage']thats just sad if you have no idea if you sent someone money lol[/QUOTE]

I can probably find something sadder.. What about the time you forgot you had an XBox?

[quote name='slidecage']Unreal championship for Xbox ( FOrgot i dont have an xbox) [/quote]

Then you tried to convince everyone that you bought seven Ace Combat 5's as gifts when everyone here knows you're only about a profit, even if it's just a dollar.

So yes, update on the scammer situation!

Duh-duh-DUUUH!

The plot thickens. . .

I'm still rooting for Carl (the thief). Anyone with me?

I mean, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL didn't know who the hell this guy was, he's never seen or met him in his life, his address was a PO Box number, and the only thing revealed about our friend Carl was that... HE HAD A fuckING RECORD OF BEING A BAD TRADER!!! Yet, what does oNeWiNgEdAnGeL do? He ships out six games to Carl before he even recieved Carl's payment. Smart move!
Technically, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL, you GAVE Carl those games. Technically, Carl doesn't owe you a damn thing. Technically, those games now belong to Carl because, and only because, you GAVE them to him. Think of what I like to call "The Gumball Machine Effect". You put your money IN the machine, and OUT comes your gumball. Never do you get you gumball before you put your quarter in the machine. If so-ever the gumball comes OUT before you even put your money IN the machine, that gumball is now YOURS... or whomever is willing to take the gumball that was GIVEN (reference to you GIVING Carl those games). Catch my drift?

Let's put it this way: If our man Carl is an idiot, he'll give the games back to you (even though they are his now). If he knows his rights, he will keep HIS games and hope that you learned a valuable lesson (no pun intended). When you shipped those games to Carl without receiving his payment, you BASICALLY contracted to saying:

"Yo, Carl. That thing that was mentioned about the $230 dollars......... TOTALLY OPTIONAL, dude!"

So now Carl is faced with those choices listed above. And I hope to ALL THINGS that Carl reigns victorious in this bout! And, ya know, bmulligan made a perfectly accurate assuption. Maybe this is your karma lashing out at you. It had to come sooner or later. Maybe next time you wont have your MOMMY commit your fraudulent acts for the sake of you having video games. Games can be had cheaply without committing such frauds, and you might consider getting games on your own, without your MOMMY. It's a step toward maturity, and, guess what?.... BAD KARMA IS WEAK AGAINST MATURITY!

So live and learn, and mature yourself. Maybe then, karma wont come from behind and bite you in the ass, but rather brush up against you, as a reminder that something like this can happen, yet again, if you're not mature enough.

Take a good look in the mirror, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL and from this day forward, consider Carl to officially be your butt-plugger, because that's what he basically did - owned you up the "you-know-where". But, I'm off now. I hope you learned your lesson. I will leave you with these two words - the same two words MANY of us where thinking after reading the very first post of this thread.........

GO, CARL!!!

[quote name='Devin']I'm still rooting for Carl (the thief). Anyone with me?
GO, CARL!!![/QUOTE]

I'll join you, some people really are best used as examples of how not to handle situations. What an idiot!

I mean, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL didn't know who the hell this guy was, he's never seen or met him in his life, his address was a PO Box number, and the only thing revealed about our friend Carl was that... HE HAD A fuckING RECORD OF BEING A BAD TRADER!!! Yet, what does oNeWiNgEdAnGeL do? He ships out six games to Carl before he even recieved Carl's payment. Smart move!
Technically, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL, you GAVE Carl those games. Technically, Carl doesn't owe you a damn thing. Technically, those games now belong to Carl because, and only because, you GAVE them to him. Think of what I like to call "The Gumball Machine Effect". You put your money IN the machine, and OUT comes your gumball. Never do you get you gumball before you put your quarter in the machine. If so-ever the gumball comes OUT before you even put your money IN the machine, that gumball is now YOURS... or whomever is willing to take the gumball that was GIVEN (reference to you GIVING Carl those games). Catch my drift?

Let's put it this way: If our man Carl is an idiot, he'll give the games back to you (even though they are his now). If he knows his rights, he will keep HIS games and hope that you learned a valuable lesson (no pun intended). When you shipped those games to Carl without receiving his payment, you BASICALLY contracted to saying:

"Yo, Carl. That thing that was mentioned about the $230 dollars......... TOTALLY OPTIONAL, dude!"

So now Carl is faced with those choices listed above. And I hope to ALL THINGS that Carl reigns victorious in this bout! And, ya know, bmulligan made a perfectly accurate assuption. Maybe this is your karma lashing out at you. It had to come sooner or later. Maybe next time you wont have your MOMMY commit your fraudulent acts for the sake of you having video games. Games can be had cheaply without committing such frauds, and you might consider getting games on your own, without your MOMMY. It's a step toward maturity, and, guess what?.... BAD KARMA IS WEAK AGAINST MATURITY!

So live and learn, and mature yourself. Maybe then, karma wont come from behind and bite you in the ass, but rather brush up against you, as a reminder that something like this can happen, yet again, if you're not mature enough.

Take a good look in the mirror, oNeWiNgEdAnGeL and from this day forward, consider Carl to officially be your butt-plugger, because that's what he basically did - owned you up the "you-know-where". But, I'm off now. I hope you learned your lesson. I will leave you with these two words - the same two words MANY of us where thinking after reading the very first post of this thread.........

GO, CARL!!![/QUOTE]

Holy shit, how ignorant can people be? I hope to God that you are only a high-school educated person. If this is the case, I'll excuse your ignorance. You seem to have overlooked one MAJOR point. They are both bound to a contract. This wasn't simply a "word of mouth" transaction. There is documentation of the trade and the details are all laid out at Gametz.com. In fact, Onewingedangel was following the site rules. It's advised that new traders only trade/sell items to those who have substantial feedback, much like Carl did. Unfortunately, Carl isn't a very good trader, but he hasn't actually ripped anyone off as of yet.

As for the fact that he sent goods before receiving payment, that means nothing. Have you ever used a credit card? You don't pay anything, yet you still receive the goods. What about companies that sell goods "Cash on delivery"? What about products that come on a 30 day trial, where you don't have to pay a dime until the 30 days are up? I guess in all of these cases, you don't have to pay up!

u can look up the PO Box address and then look up the place where the PO Box is and then u can call the place where PO Box is and then u ask if they can give u a name of the person who got the PO Box address

GO, CARL!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, the gumball machine effect? It makes partial sence to me in the way that you RECIEVE the gumball, but IF you TAKE it without paying, then that would be called stealing. You STOLE a gumball, because you never PAID for it. If the gumball machine effect was true then we would have a lot of people say, "Oh, hey look at that car, it's not mine, but it's unlocked so I guess it's mine now!"

Devin, let's say you were in onewingedangel's position. I bet you wouldn't act like, "OH YEAH TOTALLY MY FAULT. SORRY CARL, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THAT STUFF FREE, I GUESS I LEARNED MY LESSON."

[quote name='Scorch']I can probably find something sadder.. What about the time you forgot you had an XBox?

Then you tried to convince everyone that you bought seven Ace Combat 5's as gifts when everyone here knows you're only about a profit, even if it's just a dollar.

So yes, update on the scammer situation![/QUOTE]

And the Ace Combat thing was before the sc1000 rule, wasn't it?:lol:

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Op is the worst storyteller :roll: I keep checking to no avail "U SUCK"[/QUOTE]

I agree OP you suck. You build up the suspense and now you leave your viewers hanging. Your critics are bitching at you.

It sucks man, but most likely you wont get your shit back. Sorry to say.

The best thing you can do. Put his PO box or whatever you sent it to on web to warn others of him.

So many of these responses exhibit everything wrong with message board posters. "It's your fault for selling the stuff so cheap." "It's your fault for not being more careful." Most of us have been ripped off at one time or another, and the last thing we need is holier-than-thou douches kicking us when we're down.

Same thing happened to me, but only over $12.50 I sent for a PSone game -- on this site. Get hope from the fact that I eventually got my money back and then some, OP, and I didn't even have to beat the guy's ass. It took time, though. You seem to be going through the right channels so far. Best of luck.

[quote name='Scorch']Kinda funny how he avoids this thread..[/QUOTE]

Talking about how easy it would be to take the guy to court and win and get his money as opposed to, you know, actually going through the process are entirely different things. There's probably a reason why there hasn't/won't be an update

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Talking about how easy it would be to take the guy to court and win and get his money as opposed to, you know, actually going through the process are entirely different things. There's probably a reason why there hasn't/won't be an update

Dave[/QUOTE]

exactly....wont let him forget ;)

[quote name='Sk']If people want to know so badly what the outcome was; why doesn't someone just PM him?[/QUOTE]
Because we want him to announce it, and post count +1 :D

[quote name='Technique']What happend here? I try to send you a PM, but your inbox is full. UPDATE US![/QUOTE]

We shall know, after all wednesday is our last chance. ;)

Maybe we should just let this thread die instead of bumping it every 3 days thinking the original OP will actually post a reply.

[quote name='gizmogc']Maybe we should just let this thread die instead of bumping it every 3 days thinking the original OP will actually post a reply.[/QUOTE]
Bump ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back