Looks Like I Got Ripped Off $230...NEW UPDATE: Wednesday Is His Last Chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Saucy Jack']I've always wondered about PO Boxes. Are there any benefits to them besides the "I want to keep my real address secret" benefit? Also, does the post office charge for them? I've heard conflicting reports on that last question, which is really strange...[/QUOTE]

I have a PO Box. The main reason is because I suspected someone stealing out of our street addy years ago.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have a PO Box. The main reason is because I suspected someone stealing out of our street addy years ago.[/QUOTE]

I have to have a PO BOX, my home address isn't even confirmed with some places so I have to get stuff shipped to PO BOX.

I don't think we pay for it either, I think you have to pay to get your mail delivered unless your disabled or something. Its nice though to know your stuff is safe, and they never jam stuff into our box, they just put in a yellow slip that says there is stuff too big and you just take it to the teller and they hand over the goods.

And good luck OP :)

[quote name='wubb']Ha, nice job getting some action out of that scammer. Hopefully he really comes through.

I'm surprised the guy would be required to fly/drive out to your city over this lawsuit or face arrest, but if that's what the cop says I guess it's true.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is true. All the paper work is filed where the original poster is and his court take care of the trial.

I sent the cash to ya 5-6 days ago. If ya haven't got it yet then you should shortly. I just hope that it has not been lost in the mail. thank you for your time.

Carl
I took a look through this guy's BTRs, and I noticed that he seems to have a pathetic excuse for nearly every problem that is encountered. It also seems like that he doesn't do anything until his back is against the wall. In fact, with this attitude and all of these excuses, I'll be quite surprised if it turns out that he is an adult.

This guy is a total butthole. I emailed him for his address again yesterday and told him I would get his playstation(which didn't work when I received) sent out on the 14th. When I get home today I see this butthole has filed a btr on me and didn't even let me get the psx sent. So since he wants to be that way I will send it when I'm damn good and ready to plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {even more exclamation points}

12-17-03: Man do I feel like a major you know what right now. I really thought I had sent the gba back to HotVideoGameChick but I was looking through my stuff today and I found the gba. So what I am gonna do is send the gba back to her via priority mail with a dc# and a FREE gb game. I hope she will forgive me for this hole ordeal.

Item was sent on 10-27-03. I have been dealing with medical problems. He should have contacted me to remind me but he didn't. I waited for about a month for him to send allso. He had told me that he had sent several times but did I go and give him a btr. NO I DIDN"T!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus he states that he sent by priority and he never did he sent first class.

I guess he is the only person in the world that doesn't have any personal problem. O well, it must be hell being so perfect.

After sending Carl a few more e-mails within a span of 2 days, he finally responds by saying:

The reason I didn't rerspond is because I was gone. I had sent your money. If ya don't receive it by Wednesday let me know. If ya don't I can send $130 on the 7th and then the other half of it Sept. 7th

It seems very obvious that this guy is full of shit. Now, 2 days ago he had original claimed that he sent the money out 5-6 days ago. What I'm thinking is he set out the money these past few days, and that's why he said wait until Wednesday. I will wait until Wednesday, but if I don't have it by then, there is no way I'm waiting until August 7th to see if I get half of the money. If I don't have it by Wednesday, I will finally take this to civil court.

Oh My God.

Call judge judy this instant!

She'll own that guy. You'll get your money + some, and i'll see you on tv!

Seriously - stop letting this guy dick with you and take him to court.

Well this thread inspired me to contact the authorities to nail some jackass who ripped me off too. I sent $, he didn't send stuff. I send him one last email giving him one last chance telling him that I had contacted authorities, all I had to do was file a formal complaint and the investigation would be underway... now I am awaiting his reply. Asshole.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Well this thread inspired me to contact the authorities to nail some jackass who ripped me off too. I sent $, he didn't send stuff. I send him one last email giving him one last chance telling him that I had contacted authorities, all I had to do was file a formal complaint and the investigation would be underway... now I am awaiting his reply. Asshole.[/QUOTE]

Was his name Branks? I hate that guy.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']After sending Carl a few more e-mails within a span of 2 days, he finally responds by saying:

The reason I didn't rerspond is because I was gone. I had sent your money. If ya don't receive it by Wednesday let me know. If ya don't I can send $130 on the 7th and then the other half of it Sept. 7th

It seems very obvious that this guy is full of shit. Now, 2 days ago he had original claimed that he sent the money out 5-6 days ago. What I'm thinking is he set out the money these past few days, and that's why he said wait until Wednesday. I will wait until Wednesday, but if I don't have it by then, there is no way I'm waiting until August 7th to see if I get half of the money. If I don't have it by Wednesday, I will finally take this to civil court.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like he doesn't have the money and wants you to wait til september 7th.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']After sending Carl a few more e-mails within a span of 2 days, he finally responds by saying:

It seems very obvious that this guy is full of shit. Now, 2 days ago he had original claimed that he sent the money out 5-6 days ago. What I'm thinking is he set out the money these past few days, and that's why he said wait until Wednesday. I will wait until Wednesday, but if I don't have it by then, there is no way I'm waiting until August 7th to see if I get half of the money. If I don't have it by Wednesday, I will finally take this to civil court.[/QUOTE]

I think he's just stalling ya, buying time so he can move and evade the law. Unless he sends you proof that he did send out your money (a post office receipt, etc.) I wouldn't buy any BS story he's been telling you. Anyone with half a brain cell would know to NEVER send cash through the mail, because there's no proof of it being sent (with money orders you get a receipt), and there'd be no recourse if it gets lost/stolen in the mail.

He's telling you that he sent you cash so when it never shows up later he can say "I dunno, must have been lost or stolen in the mail, I am sorry but you are SOL."

Yeah seems to me that is trying to evade you. Tell him, "No, I need payment by this date or I will file a civil lawsuit. The authorities are on my side. Don't make this harder than it has to be"

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Yeah seems to me that is trying to evade you. Tell him, "No, I need payment by this date or I will file a civil lawsuit. The authorities are on my side. Don't make this harder than it has to be"[/QUOTE]

He had his chance to pay. Too fucking late in my opinion.

Stop wasting your time with him and just file the damn court thing. That's the last time I'm going to say it. Stop jumping through his hoops hoping he'll send what he promised to.

I don't mean to be rude, but it just seems silly to keep letting him string you along over and over. The cops said you're golden. Follow through and crush Carl into paste.

Dude, take him to court already. You did a great job nailing his butt with the authorities, don't blow it now.

he's obviously trying to pull the "i sent it, it got lost, oh well" excuse. Its BULL. Waiting til Sept 7? That's ridiculous.

Good luck

Just file the suit already- it'll look bad for you if you wait too long, like you got the money and you're just after more or something. (Plus you've giving him time to forge up some junk so he'll have a better case, and to go pawn/loan your games away so the police can't take them back!)

yeah im gunna have to agree, file the suit, and then if u do get the money before the court date, u can drop the charges, THAT would put u in a win win, u keep saying that he only does stuff when his back is against the wall, but his back certainly isnt against the wall with someone just saying, "oh i want my money or im taking u to court" and not following through. filing the charges is when his back is truly against the wall because then he knows youre serious

Yes - I'd stop him from trying to buy more time and file the suit already. He's had his time and the audacity that he has to keep stalling should be a tip off to just how brazen this Carl is. Finish him off.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']i am going to have to agree with HAGGER and he is most likely a teen who is begging his mom please i need the money.[/QUOTE]

You realize you can just tell him to send it Certifed right? They stick a barcode on the letter to keep track of it. The post office will scan the envelope when they get it and the mailman will scan it when he drops it in your mailbox.

Set a deadline and stop letting him stall. It sounds like he's just giving excuses now.

Honestly, I'm glad that you've taken action and are progressing so far in getting his ass beat down.

Congrats much.

[quote name='topplehat']I second that.[/QUOTE]

subzerofatality.jpg

[quote name='dracula']I tend to agree, file the court papers before he has a chance to pawn everything.[/QUOTE]

yes if you dont take him to court, he will repeat the process. layith the smackith down!

[quote name='RandyTsai']how the hell do i block this thread?[/QUOTE]

Umm... you have to CLICK on a thread to read it. You could just, like, NOT click. Crazy, huh? :roll:

Damn you got owned! Did you even check his feedback/any kind of reference before you sent it out? I wish the best of luck you get this resolved.

Update #3

After sending Carl a few more e-mails within a span of 2 days, he finally responds by saying:

thats just sad if you have no idea if you sent someone money lol

Man, you are pretty naive............. wanna send me some stuff and I'll......send...... you .... money.....

I would have filed a lawsuit the first chance I had.......... sue the bastard...... he's d*cking with you.........

I had a similar problem 5 years ago with a trade. I held up my end of the bargain but never got the merchandise I paid for. It was a stupid thing of me to do, but I did use the guy's history and also used a personal check. After getting e-mails such as "my monitor broke, so I couldn't send you an e-mail that I haven't sent it" and "I forgot - I'll send it out tomorrow", I got FED UP and used some of my connections to get a telephone number of the guy. It turns out he was 15 years old and his mother was a total b!tc# to me when I first called. She didn't believe any word of this until I let her know I had the returned check with HER signature on it - a family scam???? I said I would be filing a mail fraud report and would take them both to court. I received a cashier's check for the amount I had sent 2 days later.

PURSUE PUSRUE PURSUE!!!!! You WILL win this and get your stuff back or the cash owed!

[quote name='jlkeeton']I got FED UP and used some of my connections to get a telephone number of the guy. It turns out he was 15 years old and his mother was a total b!tc# to me when I first called.[/QUOTE]

Your "connections".. www.yellowpages.com maybe?

Well hes definnetly full of shit, even though i cant remember how to spell deffinetly lol. Anyways, you should get your money by wed. cuz he doesnt want to have to travel to wherever you are just to have to physically hand over the money to you. Either way, you win. lol

Just read through all of this. Glad to see you've taken steps to stop this guy. But, an update on the situation would be nice. Hopefully, you didn't give him more time...

That was an interesting read... I'm glad you take your stuff and money seriously, and I hope that guy learns his lesson. I hope he is not underage because I don't know if the legal proceedings would be the same...

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Your "connections".. www.yellowpages.com maybe?[/QUOTE]

Not quite... this was a kid who lived at home, so he wasn't listed there (of course, I checked there first since I didn't know his age!).

I used a different method of getting information - asking someone who has access to everyone in that area and having that person look up a phone number for the address (this was not a P.O. Box). If you have water, sewage, electricity, gas, or any other utility, you most certainly have to give a phone number. Cell phones were not replacing home phones at that time, so I got a telephone number from that. I had assumed the guy was married b/c it was in a lady's name, but it turned out to be his mother.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Please give us an update, or I'll intercept your mail and spend the $230 on Chicken Fajitas.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we'll take 6,000 chicken fahjightahs.

And I'll have a soosaj mcbiscuit.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back