Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II Thread - 1st Review is Up!

[quote name='asianxcore']still thinking about picking this up later today.

I saw the bonus map offer if you pre-ordered off of Ebgames.com, was the same offer on Gamestop's website?[/QUOTE]

yes, but so far nobody has actually reported getting and maps. PISSED.

you may have to email Gamestop and tell them you didn't get the code.

When I ordered The Sims 2 Open for Business and didn't recieve my pre-order code, I sent them an email and within 12 hours...I had it.

What email adress would I send that to? I better get these maps or there will be hell to pay. I broke my 'I refuse to pre-order games' oath for those damn maps.

[quote name='darkrage']What email adress would I send that to? I better get these maps or there will be hell to pay. I broke my 'I refuse to pre-order games' oath for those damn maps.[/QUOTE]

[email protected]

Here's a copy my generic email regarding pre-order codes:

"Dear Gamestop.com folks,

I pre-ordered X title on X date. I received the email stating the game has shipped from your warehouses, however, I did not receive my pre-order code X item. Will my code be sent soon?

Thanks for your help

Your name here"

After going through the tutorials, 1 skirmish, and 1 campaign game; I'm pretty impressed with the game. Sure there are some things I dont like about it that people already mentioned (the lag, control response), it's nice to see that they didnt cut any corners and it's almost exactly like the PC version. Have yet to try online yet but I wish they would have included a Coop mode (like you and a friend vs 2 computers).

So I got a response from Gamestop regarding the maps

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.Unfortunately, we can not confirm
if you will be receiving the map due to manufacture shortage.We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
josiane"

Which I responded with this

This is an extremely large inconvenience. I pre-ordered my copy back on May 5th on the assumption that Gamestop.com would hold out their end of the pre-order bargain. Now, you're telling me I'm just out of luck? I don't think so. If I do not receive my pre-order code sent to the order email address (it is different from this one), I will be cancelling all of my outstanding Gamestop.com pre-orders and will take my future purchases elsewhere.

Good day"

I said GOOD DAY SIR!

I want this game, but I think I'll wait to pick it up a little cheaper and for them to work out these kinks and update the game.

[quote name='terribledeli']So I got a response from Gamestop regarding the maps

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.Unfortunately, we can not confirm
if you will be receiving the map due to manufacture shortage.We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
josiane"

Which I responded with this

This is an extremely large inconvenience. I pre-ordered my copy back on May 5th on the assumption that Gamestop.com would hold out their end of the pre-order bargain. Now, you're telling me I'm just out of luck? I don't think so. If I do not receive my pre-order code sent to the order email address (it is different from this one), I will be cancelling all of my outstanding Gamestop.com pre-orders and will take my future purchases elsewhere.

Good day"[/QUOTE]

call me crazy but how did EA run out of numbers? Is there a finite amount that I don't know about?

I got a similar email.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

I am writing in response to your email dated 7/7/06 regarding your bonus
items for Lord of the Rings. This bonus offer was on a limited quantity
basis. I apologize that your local store did not have enough codes to
distribute. You do have an option of contacting other stores in your
area to see if they have codes that are still available. If they have
available codes, it should not be a problem for them to allow you to
receive one from that store. Thank you and have a nice day.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
Shannon "

sucks.

Well complaining worked

Here's their response

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

I am writing in regards to your Lord of the Rings bonus code. You were
sent an email last night with the code and instructions. Since you
apparently did not get that email, I have included the code below for
you to use. Thank you and have a nice day.

XQWDM-FXWJD-729MX-G7KGP-88TWQ

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Shannon"

Apparently nearly everyone didn't receive that email. I've already used my code once, so I assume its defunct. If its still working...have at it boys.

Did Terrible's code work for anybody else? Im in Milwuakee and away from my 360

Wombat, did you make any headway?

I visited another GameStop today and told my story and about my email, asking if they had any codes. I got a blank stare and a shoulder shrug. PISSED. Im writing another email.

I'd keep trying. My brother called them up and told them he didn't receive the code. They had to verify his pre-order on a "mailing list" then issued him a code.

I'm back !!
I stopped by EB to pay for my preorder and had my bro pick it up for me on Thursday. He came home with no code for the maps. So, I sent his happy ass back to EB to get my maps. They just handed him the flyer thing with the code and apologized for not giving him the code then.

I'm having fun with this game. I haven't played on live yet, but I'm waiting to get a better feel for the controls first. I did learn one thing about this game, don't try to learn to play when you've just finished going under the knife and you're all loopy from Percocet.

[quote name='y2jedi'] They just handed him the flyer thing with the code [/quote]
Is it the same code as posted by terribledeli XQWDM-FXWJD-729MX-G7KGP-88TWQ

???

[quote name='h2dk']Is it the same code as posted by terribledeli XQWDM-FXWJD-729MX-G7KGP-88TWQ

???[/QUOTE]

Probly not, I tried that code and I got nothing

Demo should be up today:

No Xbox 360 owner is going to complain that there are too many demos available for download over Xbox Live Marketplace. Apparently Electronic Arts also believes that there can't be too many demos either, as the publisher continues to roll out demos of each 360 game it has on store shelves, and even one that hasn't yet made it to retail.
That trend continues, as GameSpot News has learned that a demo for Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II is scheduled to be released Thursday, July 13. The exact time of its availability has not yet been announced.
The trial will feature both single- and multiplayer and take gamers into the War in the North campaign. Console real-time strategy games will likely be unfamiliar to most, so EA has included a tutorial to show players how to use the 360's controller to direct their legions.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6153941.html

Didnt want to create a new thread. Mods or OP can you update title to reflect this? Thanks.

EDIT: Demo out now.

Played the demo...seemed pretty fun but all I did was summon tons of Cave trolls to run all over people ;)

I'd pick it up for cheap.

In an ironic twist, UPS actually lost my copy of the game.

I'm in the process of getting it resent. Guess my curt nature with Gamestop.com's staff may come back to bite me in the ass.

Just won my first online game I played. At the beginning I just sent over 2 packs of goblin warriors, destroyed one of his tunnels(he was goblins too) Then he sent over probably 7 or 8 groups and took out some sentry towers and a tunnel, but my guys eventually killed them off. I then built up about 8 packs of goblin warriors and spiders with 2 cave trolls and went and attacked him. After this I just kept on sending 1 or 2 packs whenever they were made and he eventually went down. Units created: 1067 Lost: 1028. Him Created: 449 Lost: 446.

[quote name='doubledown']I played the demo....single player only. I beat it, but it was pretty fun. I would pick it up for around $20 or so.[/QUOTE]

Same 20-25 bucks only

Yea, the AI is kind of stupid sometimes, ill sit there telling troops to attack and they just stand there, or they run the opposite direction (right in front of them, not on any ledges). Sometimes ill be attacking the enemy's camp, and the enemy will just be sitting there while i do it.

The demo is fantastic. I think I'll buy the game if it is $40 for the asian version. I've played the demo for 6 or 7 hours so far and will probally keep playing this instead of Oblivion and G.R.A.W. for the next few days. I haven't played a strategy game in years (except for Pikmin), so I'm glad the Marketplace had this demo. Never saw the Lord of the Rings, but it'still really fun.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']heads up:

First Marketplace price drop!

Have you downloaded the LOTR content yet from Marketplace? If not, you can now grab it for 1/2 price. It’s now only 350 points.

http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2_360/us/news.jsp?src=Aragorns_Journey[/QUOTE]

Yeah but this was free at one time if you had the code from EA so why pay for it at all. Also Outift content that was 500 points has been free for a while. So this is not the first price drop.

Great game btw I just finished the single player over the holiday weekend and really enjoyed it. The end level on the evil campaign was crazy. The evil campaign in general was a lot harder than the good campaign.

Nice for a first time RTS player like myself.

[quote name='flybrione']Yeah but this was free at one time if you had the code from EA so why pay for it at all. Also Outift content that was 500 points has been free for a while. So this is not the first price drop.

Great game btw I just finished the single player over the holiday weekend and really enjoyed it. The end level on the evil campaign was crazy. The evil campaign in general was a lot harder than the good campaign.

Nice for a first time RTS player like myself.[/quote]

Well I meant first price drop as in drop in price, not as in, its now free.

I've been playing this demo for about two months online. I'm still waiting for it to drop to $30- $40 before I pick it up, but I've probally played this demo more than most games I own (as I'm sure some people on my friend's list have seen). I love the online play and can't wait to be able to play 2V2 games. Anybody seen this for about $40 yet?

I was blown away by the demo mostly because I thought it would just SUCK. So I grabbed the game from Bestbuy with a coupon and couldn’t put it down till I had beat both the good and bad side. I have such a short attention span for games that beating both campaigns was a big deal for me. I really cant say enough about this game, if EA made another game nearly like it with that same control scheme and just a few improvements I would gobble it right up too. Loads of reply value too.

Just got this game today. Can't wait to play it. Glad to see that people are enjoying it, as I had reservations on picking it up.

Just picked it up from Target at clearance ($21). Not sure it's for me, but glad that some of you liked it. I'll check out the demo and see if I like it.

Yeah, I've still been playing the demo, months after I was considering buying the game. A friend of mine tried out the demo, and said he was going to buy it, so I think I'll look for a copy now.

When I rented it, I didn't enjoy the online too much compared to the demo, but I'm sure I'll get into it after I have it for a little while.

bread's done
Back