Lord of the Rings EE blu - $49.99

I had to double check price history on this one and was going to post it, definetely the best price so far, I'm biting

Goddammit I'm on the fence with this one...$10 cheaper and I would be all over it, but I still have the TE Blus from last year, still sealed.

Ugghhh

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Like Gandalf said "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" (on this deal) ;) LOL![/QUOTE]

fuck me, I can't decide. It's too early in the morning. I still haven't even opened by regular editions yet.

[quote name='kliiez8']Thanks OP. I bit on this. Used some credit I had for preordering BF3.[/QUOTE]

This, Thanks OP

It *is* a good deal considering the MSRP. However, considering the MSRP is way overpriced to begin with IMO (a bundle of three movies for $100?), this is what I consider my high price to buy would be. I may wait another year and see if it will be in the $30 range.

[quote name='Yanksfan']It *is* a good deal considering the MSRP. However, considering the MSRP is way overpriced to begin with IMO (a bundle of three movies for $100?), this is what I consider my high price to buy would be. I may wait another year and see if it will be in the $30 range.[/QUOTE]

Yeah $30 range does sound much better... however waiting until next year does NOT. I was hoping closer to the $40-$45 range for this year's BF but if $50 is the best we are going to get for now then I will probably bite... but the question still remains: Is $50 the LOWEST we are going to get this year??? :whistle2:?

[quote name='Zimmy']To confirm, Best Buy had this for $49.99 today.[/QUOTE]

I remember at 5am this morning bestbuy.com's listing said Unavailable (both online and in store (no in-store pickup option)) and now it says "Coming Soon". So perhaps that will be the BF price? Unless they adjust it of course... decisions decisions....

[quote name='dsimmelink']I remember at 5am this morning bestbuy.com's listing said Unavailable (both online and in store (no in-store pickup option)) and now it says "Coming Soon". So perhaps that will be the BF price? Unless they adjust it of course... decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]
Buy it. Its 100% worth it. Your only paying paying 15.50 a movie. each movie is over 3 hours long. so its like 4.50$ an an hour

[quote name='bob_793']Buy it. Its 100% worth it. Your only paying paying 15.50 a movie. each movie is over 3 hours long. so its like 4.50$ an an hour[/QUOTE]

I'm close... I just wish I had a $10 credit like you had. ;) I did have a $5 but I used it on Friday for Evil Dead 2. :twoguns:

Im ready to get this at Best Buy on Black friday for $49.99+Tax, Im Glad amazon have price matched it. Thanks OP!!! :applause:

[quote name='dsimmelink']I'm close... I just wish I had a $10 credit like you had. ;) I did have a $5 but I used it on Friday for Evil Dead 2. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]
If it helps you make your decision used they go for 50$ and that digital copy code codes for at least 20$. On ebay

[quote name='dsimmelink']I remember at 5am this morning bestbuy.com's listing said Unavailable (both online and in store (no in-store pickup option)) and now it says "Coming Soon". So perhaps that will be the BF price? Unless they adjust it of course... decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

Not sure about BF, but they had about 20 copies in the store today with that price.

Me thinks it was supposed to be in today's box set ad and they forgot.

Hell yeah, I'm going to use my $10 gift card from buying the Zelda game on this to make it $39.99. Sweeeet!!!!

Seems to be taken off the deals calendar page, so the price is staying the same so far no LD or anything in the future I guess.

Ordered thanks OP! Was ready to try and get my hands on this at Best Buy but don't have to worry about that anymore! Now I can focus on my bigger purchases there come Thursday!

I just redeemed my Wells Fargo points for a $50 Amazon e-certificate! And lo, what do I find? Copped it for $8.00, after shipping and handling!

Is Amazon really busy about shipping items now? I ordered this set late sunday/early monday morning (2 AM central) and it still shows "shipping soon". Not a big deal, but they usually ship the items pretty fast unless I order an item on the weekend. If I do order something during the weekend, it always ships Monday morning.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Is Amazon really busy about shipping items now? I ordered this set late sunday/early monday morning (2 AM central) and it still shows "shipping soon". Not a big deal, but they usually ship the items pretty fast unless I order an item on the weekend. If I do order something during the weekend, it always ships Monday morning.[/QUOTE]Yes, they are.

If you don't have Prime and you're using FSSS, it could be 2-3 days before it's shipped out. With FSSS, it'll be going USPS Media Mail, which is 3-5 days for delivery, possibly more.

If you have Prime and you're getting two-day shipping with that, it should have shipped by now, unless there was some allocation issue with the item.

Everything I ordered from Amazon that was in-stock yesterday shipped out, and it's on the way. I have Prime, which is why it already shipped out.

I have the DVD versions (12 discs) already.

Wondering if they've put in any new materials other than the High Def version of the movie in this BluRay version?

[quote name='cagfansub']I have the DVD versions (12 discs) already.

Wondering if they've put in any new materials other than the High Def version of the movie in this BluRay version?[/QUOTE]
We get some minimal extra content. Read the chart on the Amazon item page - it sums it up pretty nicely. Basically we get a few extra documentaries.

Anyone think this will go lower than $49.99? I feel like it's been out long enough that $39.99 wouldn't be out of the question and that's around my price point for it. Maybe it's just because I got the non-extended edition on blu-ray for $7 last year and then flipped it, but I feel like $50 is still too much for my wallet.

Was going to get this at Best Buy on Friday, so getting it now without the hassle works for me! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Bobo84']Was going to get this at Best Buy on Friday, so getting it now without the hassle works for me! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Why wait till Friday? Its available in-store right now for $49.99.

Great price for these but I already have the EE DVDs and I'm not sure it's worth $50 to upgrade. If I didn't have them already I'd be all over this though.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Is Amazon really busy about shipping items now? I ordered this set late sunday/early monday morning (2 AM central) and it still shows "shipping soon". Not a big deal, but they usually ship the items pretty fast unless I order an item on the weekend. If I do order something during the weekend, it always ships Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I ordered mine yesterday evening (Monday), shipped a few hours later, and it arrived this morning (Tuesday). I am a Prime member so I had free 2 day shipping, so I was surprised that it came faster than I thought.

I ate this UP! its $50 at best buy on black friday so I jumped at it! Xmen firs class blu ray is the $10 best buy BF price too! I think transformers 3 is cheaper somewhere but for $15 also on amazon i jumped at it, not gonna run around to try and get it for $13 at kmart r target wherever it was lol. saves me time worrying if ill get them since i needed all 3. so excited. I LOVE YOU AMAZON.COM! first WWE 12 being price matches to targets $47, now this. i love it. All were in stock still too as I just did it right now!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']50/50 on this since I own the original extended DVDs[/QUOTE]

i'm 100/100 on this even though i own both theatrical and extended on dvds

Gah, I'm torn if I should go for this. The game deals suck today, so I thought I wasn't going to be spending anything but this... damn yous!

[quote name='buster90']Frys has it on sale today for $39.99 for those interested. It said it was only a one day sale.[/QUOTE]Sold out.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sold out.[/QUOTE]
Sold out online. ;) If you're lucky enough to have a Fry's nearby you can still find it in store. Now that's a store that needs to expand nationally - I bought so many blus from there last year when I was in Texas for BF that it wasn't even funny.

Had $15 left in RZ points from the $235 I had been hoarding all year in anticipation of Fall video game releases (well, originally it was going to be put towards a new TV, but my father bought a new one and traded his old 42" for my 32" to give to my grandmother)...

Just got back. $35 for LOTR EE on Blu-ray without having to endure Black Friday madness? Heck yes.

[quote name='simmias']Sold out online. ;) If you're lucky enough to have a Fry's nearby you can still find it in store. Now that's a store that needs to expand nationally - I bought so many blus from there last year when I was in Texas for BF that it wasn't even funny.[/QUOTE]Damn, for once Amazon actually got undercut. Wish I had waited a few days before I ordered from Amazon. Fry's is 5 minutes away from me.

bread's done
Back