Lost my saved game (GBA super mario advance)

techstar25

CAGiversary!
I was getting pretty far in GBA Super Mario Advance (Sup. Mar. Wrld), when one day I picked it up to play and my saved game was gone. It's a genuine usa cart. Has this happened to anyone else? Do these have a small battery in them like the old NES carts? What would cause it to go blank?

[quote name='techstar25']I was getting pretty far in GBA Super Mario Advance (Sup. Mar. Wrld), when one day I picked it up to play and my saved game was gone. It's a genuine usa cart. Has this happened to anyone else? Do these have a small battery in them like the old NES carts? What would cause it to go blank?[/QUOTE]

My fiancee lost her Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga save file when she ran out of battery as the game was saving. Maybe you ran out of battery or turned it off while it was trying to save?

If your GBA games are using batteries to save, they're pirated bootlegs. Offical GBA carts use EEPROMs for saving.

[quote name='daroga']If your GBA games are using batteries to save, they're pirated bootlegs. Offical GBA carts use EEPROMs for saving.[/QUOTE]
Not all GBA games use EEPROM, some games (like the Castlevania trio) use battery-backed SRAM or Flash.

But Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World is not one of them, it uses an EEPROM.

How can you tell which GBA games use battery and which use EEPROM? Also, how long will the battery last on those carts? I have some saved data for those games and I'm wondering if I need to prioritize which game to complete first so I don't loose data.

[quote name='mookiemeister']How can you tell which GBA games use battery and which use EEPROM? Also, how long will the battery last on those carts? I have some saved data for those games and I'm wondering if I need to prioritize which game to complete first so I don't loose data.[/QUOTE]

Hehe sounds like someone is going to lose sleep.

My Golden Sun 1 did that. Was about to beat it too. :( Oh well, the game wasn't that great. Annoying reading bullshit.

bread's done
Back