Lost Odyssey 4-Disc Case Japanese Exclusive? But I Want One, GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious. How are the discs packaged in the U.S. version? I'm still hunting for a $15 copy at Target ;)

[quote name='eau']Just curious. How are the discs packaged in the U.S. version? I'm still hunting for a $15 copy at Target ;)[/QUOTE]
In a Blue Dragon three case spindle with the fourth disc in a paper sleeve, with a note that says "fuck our fans in our homelands."
Well, I guess it's not bad. But they gave the Japanese a true four disk case. THEY'RE THE JAPANESE! We're American, and so is Microsoft :nottalking:

[quote name='eau']Just curious. How are the discs packaged in the U.S. version? I'm still hunting for a $15 copy at Target ;)[/quote]
Discs 1-3 are stacked on top of each other and the 4th disc is in a paper sleeve...bullshit if you ask me.

[quote name='Cmosfm']While the packaging is silly, obsessing over finding a new case for it is also a tad bit silly as well.[/quote]
Do you own the game? Considering 3 of the discs are sitting on top of each other and the 4th is in a sleeve, i'd like to protect my investment.

Hmmm, considering ordering 2 of those clear cases (for Blue Dragon as well) and I see they bump shipping by like $2....what's up with that? Hmmm, if the shipping wasn't so expensive I'd order a couple just in case future games have this issue.

I bought one of the clear 4 disc cases mentioned here. Only 1. It came today in a huge box with a HUGE amount of bubble wrap. What the hell?

The clear case is nice, though. Also, my green one (the 3 disc spindle) is up for grabs if someone wants it, I suppose. It has some sticker residue and there's a tiny tear on it, but maybe, just maybe, someone needs it. Let me know (is it worth putting in my freebie list? See my list for details on that).

I'm still interested in the non-American LO cases as well. The only option I have found would be to import the whole game.. but I'm not going to do that.

I am wondering about a couple other things... What is the packaging like for Infinite Undiscovery, a 2-disc game? I saw an "official trans green double disc" case on eBay, but it was a stackable case. I have the Sega Superstars Tennis + Xbox Live Arcade Compilation (2-disc set) that came with my system, and it is not stackable. It has a single-disc insert attached to the hinge, just like PS2 and DVD cases. Does anyone know where we could buy more of these?

I would like to replace my Blue Dragon case as well. I was thinking about putting the clear double-disc insert mentioned earlier in this thread to replace the green single-disc insert. That way the outer case would be nice and green to match everything else. That would be a good solution for all future 2-disc and 3-disc games. Still doesn't help with LO but I don't think there will be many more quad-disc games on the horizon.

A little late to the show it seems... does anyone know if the case is still available? I've checked the link but its no good now. I've searched the site and I've seen some options, but nothing as good as the one featured in this thread. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Can't consider it a steal compared to some of the other posts I've seen, but I was pleased to find LO at K-Mart for $19.99.

For what it's worth, Blue Dragon owners can switch to an L.A. Noire case if they want something that will protect the discs better. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you LO folks...unless you want to try using some hot glue to customize the aforementioned case. If done properly, it should look like the clear cases from the previous page...but green. Or perhaps you could even manage to glue/melt the little snap pieces into you LO case so you can add a 2-disc "page" (not sure what to call it; hopefully you know what I mean) to the center of the case. You would still have to stack two discs, but it's better than a sleeve.

I thought the case he found looked great; I just can't find it now. :roll:
I don't know if they stopped carrying it or if I'm not looking in the right spot. The link goes to the site's home page, not the product, so I'm thinking I might be out of luck.

Discs 1-3 of Lost Odyssey are literally stacked on top of each other and the 4th is in a crappy paper sleeve stuck in the inside cover with the instruction booklet.

When I opened my copy the first disc was loose and already had a few scuffs. Last copy, but I'm sure it will be fine.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Discs 1-3 of Lost Odyssey are literally stacked on top of each other and the 4th is in a crappy paper sleeve stuck in the inside cover with the instruction booklet.

When I opened my copy the first disc was loose and already had a few scuffs. Last copy, but I'm sure it will be fine.[/QUOTE]

wow M$ bastards. also what do you mean by "last copy"?

it doesn't make sense, they should have at least included that disc hinge that some games had (Infinite Undiscovery is 2 disc, one normal and the other is inserted in a disc holder hinge piece) with 2 dics each.

I think LA Noire had some weird 3 disc thing where each disc overlaps the other.

is Blue Dragon also 4 discs? I planned on getting these games down the line

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wow M$ bastards. also what do you mean by "last copy"?

it doesn't make sense, they should have at least included that disc hinge that some games had (Infinite Undiscovery is 2 disc, one normal and the other is inserted in a disc holder hinge piece) with 2 dics each.

I think LA Noire had some weird 3 disc thing where each disc overlaps the other.

is Blue Dragon also 4 discs? I planned on getting these games down the line[/QUOTE]

Blue Dragon is a 3 disc game.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wow M$ bastards. also what do you mean by "last copy"?[/QUOTE]

Last copy as in "the last copy of Lost Odyssey at that store".

I really liked the case that SynGamer found but unfortunately its no longer offered on that site. I messaged him to see if he knew a product number or description... anything that might point me in the right direction. He didn't have anything like that but he was kind enough look around the net for other options. Pretty cool of him.

Anyway, I looked around on ebay a bit and came across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350479050463?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It looks to be almost identical to the original case he found. The only difference I can tell from the pictures are the lack of insert clips. No big deal to me as long as the quality of the case is decent. Seller has them listed in quantities of 5($10), 10($15), 20, 50, and 100. All have free shipping.

Thought I'd post it here in case anyone happens to stumble across this thread again. Here's the item description and the seller if the link dies.

"5x Blank Quad 4 Discs DVD Box Case Clear Standard Size"
(sold by "ichigear")

bread's done
Back