Lost Odyssey - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Blackout']Any tips for the Learned all skills achievements? I'm guessing you can't get these until the end of the game? Anything I should know about them?[/QUOTE]

for the mortal just level up. For the immortals it is harder since some skills you can only get near the end of the game. Also get double accessories and double AP asap

What about for the other characters? I was reading something over at gamefaqs about missable accessories. What's the deal with that?

Are the treasure hunts worth doing? When can I start them?

I just got
Sarah in my party. Who should I take out? Mack or Cooke?

And what happened to
Mack and Cooke's dad? Must have blanked when they said it.

[quote name='Blackout']I just got

And what happened to
Mack and Cooke's dad? Must have blanked when they said it.
[/QUOTE]

I'd take out Mack, I didn't use him much. You'll probably end up rotating through out the rest of the game anyway.

[quote name='SynGamer']I thought there were two spells that were missable?[/QUOTE]

oh yea those are missable.

[quote name='Blackout']I just got

[/QUOTE]

Use both because later on there will be parts where you have to use both of them

I was reading that she was pretty good. I shouldn't replace someone with her?

[quote name='Blackout']I was reading that she was pretty good. I shouldn't replace someone with her?[/quote]

Sarah and Ming are about the same when it comes to stats; I think all the immortals are awesome.

I ended up rotating my party throughout the whole game making sure everyone was around the same level; plus it keeps things fresh and prepares you for the points when you have to use the other characters. Once I had done everything in the game except get all the skills and the like for the immortals, I just started using the four immortals and Sed (because Sed is bad ass).

I used Cooke until I got Sed. For the part where Mack was required...well...i just had some buff immortals by that point, so it didn't really matter. Mack just died and stayed dead.

Always have the immortals in your party. The fact that each area caps your level allows you to level up everyone equally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Trakken-the way they do it you can keep everyone leveled pretty easily. (I had forgotten about that. It's a nice feature really.)

I'm using Cooke and Mack ATM. Should I just switch them out for Ming and Sarah?

[quote name='Blackout']I'm using Cooke and Mack ATM. Should I just switch them out for Ming and Sarah?[/QUOTE]

I would keep immortal in as much as possible as they can learn skill. I would keep Sarah in your party as she is the best magic user.

Also keep in mind one of the optional boss will require you to use Mack, and that boss is pretty hard.

[quote name='62t']I would keep immortal in as much as possible as they can learn skill. I would keep Sarah in your party as she is the best magic user.

Also keep in mind one of the optional boss will require you to use Mack, and that boss is pretty hard.[/quote]

I'll have to rotate him in and out then. As for Cooke, is she pretty much worthless?

you probably want to keep using the mortals till they learn all the skills and your immortals learn them too

What level would that be? Do party members still gain levels/skills if they are in the reserves?

They'll probably be level 80-100 by the time you learn all skills with them.

No, characters don't gain levels or skills if they're in the reserves.

Ok thanks. I just beat
the red spider boss in Black Cave. What a bitch. It kept fleeing.

[quote name='Blackout']Ok thanks. I just beat
the red spider boss in Black Cave. What a bitch. It kept fleeing.
[/QUOTE]

thats actually a good thing as it is the only way to get extra slot seed

[quote name='62t']thats actually a good thing as it is the only way to get extra slot seed[/quote]

Which I don't think I got since I didn't steal from the boss. :cry:

I finally got around to playing this game. I love the dream sequences the best feature of the game so far (about 6 hours into it).

[quote name='kill3r7']I finally got around to playing this game. I love the dream sequences the best feature of the game so far (about 6 hours into it).[/quote]

Yeah they are good stories and well written.

Whoever translated those dreams needs a raise or something.

I just completed the game right now. Overall I enjoyed it. The first three discs were pretty meh, it was just too linear. The fourth disc is the one I enjoyed the most. The world was more open and had a lot of sidequests. One thing that annoyed me in the end was
how they got rid of Seth. That was pretty lame, they should've got rid of Sarah, no one cares about her. Hopefully they bring her back if/when the new installments come out.
Anyways, I'd recommend this game for thirty bucks.

I'm kind of stuck right now and I need help. I'm at
the Sorcerer's Mansion, and I need 2 more symbols to get into the courtyard. I have the Wheat(?) symbol, but I can't find the other 2.

You get the other two symbols in the alternate dimension. Walk back into the main hall and enter the room to your left (the one with the chest in it), examine the mirror that's missing a jewel piece. After doing so, walk down the long hallway try opening the doors to your left, you'll find the jewel in one of the rooms (after defeating the monsters in the room). At this point pick up the jewel and place it on the mirror. Now you have access to the alternate dimension.

[quote name='saggypockets']I just completed the game right now. Overall I enjoyed it. The first three discs were pretty meh, it was just too linear. The fourth disc is the one I enjoyed the most. The world was more open and had a lot of sidequests. One thing that annoyed me in the end was [/QUOTE]

That was awesome I thought, and I didn't expect it.

Overall the game didn't resonate with me emotionally at the same level as Final Fantasy 9 and 10, but it was still right up there with Sakaguchi's best I thought.

I've been pleased that he's still got it, even without Square-though I'm worried about whether he's working on something new.

I mean all we've had recently was that horrific Brownie Brown Blue Dragon RTS *shudder*.

I just finished this game. I really enjoyed it. How is the extra DLC dungeon? Is it worth a replay?

Also I much prefer turn based RPGs like this one. Which of the other current gen RPGs are turn based?

[quote name='elaine_of_shalott']I just finished this game. I really enjoyed it. How is the extra DLC dungeon? Is it worth a replay?

Also I much prefer turn based RPGs like this one. Which of the other current gen RPGs are turn based?[/quote]

The extra DLC dungeon provides a good challenge, but the boss at the end is insane. I loved the game, so I wanted everything little thing I could get, which means I ended up buying all the DLC for the game.

Uh, as for other turn based RPGs I would suggest looking into Persona 4, The Last Remnant, Valkyria Chronicles, Culdcept Saga, or Blue Dragon. Hmm, there are probably plenty more out there, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

[quote name='elaine_of_shalott']I just finished this game. I really enjoyed it. How is the extra DLC dungeon? Is it worth a replay?

Also I much prefer turn based RPGs like this one. Which of the other current gen RPGs are turn based?[/quote]

I would still suggest you try Tales of Vesperia as it's really great, but it's not turn based.

In terms of turn based on the 360 I would say try Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon before any others. The Last Remnant is not playable unless you install the game so beware of that.

PS3 easy choice is Valkyria Chronicles. If you have backwards compatibility or a PS2, try Persona 3 FES ($20 at Gamestop) or Persona 4.

Yeah, the demo for the Valkria Chronicles is REALLY fun and feels fresh (without feeling super complicated like so many Japanese RPGs do now).

I like turn based RPGs too (although I also love Mass Effect's FPS interface-Deus Ex or even Bio Shock are sort of RPGs too, and I love that combined with an FPS interface...or like a side scrolling interface...River City Ransom should have been copied by now-I mean it's a fighting game/RPG, how cool is that?)

Man, I'm rambling again. Anyway I really hope Lost Odyssey isn't the last Sakaguchi RPG like that. He really makes a special game. His gameplay for me is always the right level of complexity (interesting, but not bogged down in crazy levels of complexity like so many Japanese RPGs now), and his stories always have a certain "feel" to them that's like nothing else (in ANY medium, not just interactive).

I'm so hoping for more, whether it's a sequel to Lost Odyssey, or whatever. Final Fantasy 9 and 10 remain my favorites of his though.

WTF is up with Disc 4? I just beat the last boss of Disc 3 and went to swap discs. When I put Disc 4 in, it said "wrong disc, please put in Disc 4". I opened and closed the tray. It started to load (little load circle in the bottom left hand corner) and my 360 completely froze. The Xbox button was completely unresponsive. I restarted the system and tried playing the game. It froze on the black screen 3 times. What is going on? The disc is brand new and never been played. I googled the problem and it seems like a lot of people have had the same problem. Any solutions? I really wanna finish the game up. It's been great so far.

Edit: When I restarted my system and opened/close the tray, I got a DRE from the NXE. I also tried to install the game and it stopped at around 37-38% and said "clean disc bla bla", even though the disc is brand new, never been played before.

I think I'm screwed. I bought this game last year but just started playing it again recently.

Last edited:
See if you can try it on a different Xbox or get it swapped under warranty. I've noticed a lot of Xbox discs that have weird distortions on them, but haven't heard of people having trouble playing that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']See if you can try it on a different Xbox or get it swapped under warranty. I've noticed a lot of Xbox discs that have weird distortions on them, but haven't heard of people having trouble playing that.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to swap with a friend. How would I get it swapped under warranty if I bought the game months ago? I looked into Microsoft's Disc Replacement Program and it sounded great until I saw that you had to pay 20 bucks. What a ripoff. Is there a store I could go to that would let me swap discs? I read that the packaging disc 4 comes in possibly screws up the disc. Something about the glue from the package seeping into the disc.

Where did you buy the game from? If it was from a place such as Gamestop you could probably go in, explain how you bought it months ago and just now got to the 4th disc and it won't play and you wanted to know if you could swap it. I would imagine they would.

[quote name='mission42']Where did you buy the game from? If it was from a place such as Gamestop you could probably go in, explain how you bought it months ago and just now got to the 4th disc and it won't play and you wanted to know if you could swap it. I would imagine they would.[/QUOTE]

I got it as a gift from a friend. I have no idea where he bought it from. I could just try Gamestop and see if they;ll do it, but I don't think they will.

Have any other CAGs experienced this problem?

I gotta give this game another try during the summer, played about 2 hours and couldnt get into it.

Sorry for the big bump, I've got a problem with 5.1 in this game. In certain types of cutscenes, it sounds like the dialog is only coming out of the left front speaker, instead of left and right. If I get close to the right speaker, I can hear the music, and that the dialog is playing, but very low.

The fancy CG cutscenes sound fine, and the voice that comes out when in-game sounds fine, it's the cutscenes in between these that sound wrong. Anyone else have this problem? I think the same thing was happening in Eternal Sonata, but I was playing the PS3 version so I can't blame it on either system.

Sorry for the bump but..........

picked this up from gamestop today and saw it only has two discs!! The game takes up 4 discs right? Or are my missing 2 discs maybe the soundtrack and/or bonus features?!

Thanks in advance for the help.

bread's done
Back