Lost Planet 2- Gen. Discussion & Info - 4 Player Co-Op Demo Now On XBLM

[quote name='sleepy180']to sprint you hold down B[/QUOTE]
This changes everything!

I just re-taught myself how to dodge, jump and L3 at the same time.

Now that I've got my bearings straight on the demo this is a day one purchase for me. Co-op and the Hand Cannon = Orgasmic. Not digging the dodge command and single player vs. boss is akin to pulling teeth but I'm definitely itching for a confirmed release date.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Demo impressions: Meh

Are you sure you were all playing the same demo? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. I thought it was decent, and nothing special.

I didn't like the first game and I didn't care for this either. Its definitely better than the first game based off of the demo impressions, but I probably will never bother with this.

The game is around 5 months from release, so it's possible this is just what we saw at E3.

I loved that it's 4 player, but there are SO MANY opportunities for one jackass to ruin the game. EX: Stealing your VS weapons when you're trying to get him to ride on it with you, or someone jacking your VS while repairing it.

Also FF is enabled so if you try to be a team player and heal/enhance others with the infusion gun, and they think you're trying to kill you...they'll chase you all match.

Obviously you can play with friends, but this stuff happens.

I also am looking forward to the game after the mediocre and annoying LP1 for the most part (though it was cool and unique)

I don't like how little odds you have if the boss walks over you though... "OMG! RUN FASTER! *squish*"

>_>

Albeit I LOVE the Shadow of the Colossus feeling of the game.

Edit: And for anyone wondering, those "?" boxes supposedly contain goodies for customizing your character. Supposedly (based off previews) the customization options for your character are pretty deep.

I thought they respawned weapons on the map...but no..that just takes a long time :(

I can't wait. Wish it was cheaper than $60 on release though. Gonna have to cheapass it.

Would've been a great game but they chose to do the Dead Space route which is a really bad cop out and a really bad ripoff of Starship Troopers.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Would've been a great game but they chose to do the Dead Space route which is a really bad cop out and a really bad ripoff of Starship Troopers.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the 'Dead Space' route?

Your typical Aliens with legs and things that jump or fly around. It's like the flood in Halo 3 (I think it was) also.

I'm really starting to get the itch to play this, and I never played the first one.

Is the first Lost Planet worth playing through?

Also: Big fuckin' whoopedy doo-dah that the Gears of War guys are in this game. What a lame implementation by Capcom.

[quote name='HydroX']Is the first Lost Planet worth playing through?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already, do it now. I found it to be a ton of fun but the story leaves a lot to be desired.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']If you haven't already, do it now. I found it to be a ton of fun but the story leaves a lot to be desired.[/QUOTE]

I definitely haven't. I'm assuming I should grab the Colonies Edition?

if they were to make more games with this feel/camera/controls and graphics I'd shit my pants. i might just buy it both for pc and 360. i hope people mod this game into an orgyness of goodness (even if just skins, how awesome would that be to play on a resident evil level with megaman and any other game mascot. shooting each other.

orgy

got colonies, wish i had gotten the normal extreme one. i got what i need but for achievements i wont get 5000 kills anytime soon(extreme has more single player ones). the store had like 5 extremes and one colonies edition. i wonder if more are playing on extreme online.

I am a bit late to this game but it seems pretty epic. I might pick up the original lost planet to get a feel for the series, since I need something to play.

New demo is coming:
Prepare to be blown away by the latest Lost Planet 2 demo coming your way next week on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. Get ready to grab some weapons, hop in a vital suit, and battle with 16 players in real time. Featuring the “Turbulent Jungle” map from the online versus mode, the new Lost Planet 2 demo will include full chat support and stat tracking. While the demo will be available publicly on April 21 for Xbox 360 and April 22 for PlayStation 3, Capcom’s most avid fans will get a sneak preview of this demo beginning March 31 via community-distributed voucher codes for early access. Keep an eye out for the availability of early access codes coming your way!

Players who download and play the demo will be rewarded when they purchase the full retail version of Lost Planet 2 with immediate access to the Machine Gun SP which fires three round bursts.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Early access demo codes going out now...just got mine:

http://www.lostplanetcommunity.com/?jump=engage[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I signed up, then signed up for the Lost Planet mailing list or whatever it is, now how do I get one? lol

Edit: Nevermind, it didn't show up for me the first time I viewed the site after signing up. Good to go...

LOL. Thanks for nothing Capcom. Apparently I'm one of the lucky recipients of a redeemed code. To make matters worse I can barely load up both the official site and the Capcom-Unity forums so I can only hope there's enough of us for them to actually do something about it. Otherwise I just got screwed out of early access to the demo. ;\

Played one game and got enough XP to level up, but nothing happened, so I hope that's a fluke and not the norm.

Also, it has DOA-style boob physics for female characters.

I played a few games and I'm still clueless how to play these Lost Planet games. I don't know why it takes me forever to kill people in multiplayer and why I die so easily. What is this glowing thing on my ass that explodes and I die? No idea how everyone's doing that jump and roll dive thing.

Just, ugh. I don't think I'll be getting this game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Also, it has DOA-style boob physics for female characters.[/QUOTE]
Gotta love DOA-style boob physics.

i played the colonies one online and i got to say its complete bs. me and my teammates fire like 10 grenades and 10 rockets into a hallway. and the guys just walk through to shotgun us

Sorry, no more codes at this time.

Currently we have exhausted the available access codes for this demo. The demo will be available to the public on April 21st for Xbox 360 and April 22nd for PlayStation.

Thank you for your participation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Pretty good game, just played a couple of rounds. How do you switch you your shotgun though?[/QUOTE]

You dont actually have a loadout of different weapons. You have to go find them in the level and the spawns change alot.

Maybe there is a mode thatll have loadouts, Its odd they let you pick stuff though. Maybe itll just be for looks if you pick it up?

im in love with the game, my friend isn't however

i love everything BUT the spawn killing and the matchmaking. i swear this matchmaking is by for worse than 1998 servers on the computer.. it just that terrible. I better be able to have a "party" and go into matches with them instead of.. this= what match you in? I'll join that one "searches, cant find!" searches again, full.

well, this went from a "buy" to a "bargain bin purchase"...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/lost-planet-2-review (they gave it a 6/10).. but check this

As if to underline its uncompromising positioning as a multiplayer game, Lost Planet 2 offers no save system at all, no checkpointing during gameplay, and any in-game 'death' simply respawns you at the nearest data point.

Rather than give you a stock of lives, the game starts you off with a limited number of Battle Gauge points (depending on difficulty), and dying reduces that by 500, or 1000 if you happen to be in a Vital Suit mech at the time. Run out of Battle Gauge points and you have to start the entire chapter from the beginning, potentially costing you anything up to 45 minutes of wasted time.

Capcoooooooooooom!

Damn the first game had checkpoints, not a lot of them but there were some checkpoints. I'm thinking this game will be similar to Halo 3 in that the campaign will be 10x easier with 4 player co-op.

I'm really contemplating my purchase on this game with the way things are looking. I wasn't a fan of the Multiplayer demo, but the first Co-op demo had me pumped.

Argh.

I loved the first LP and loved colonies (even though i got ROMPED when i tried to go back and play) I hated the new modes though, Akrid hunter was stupid imo.

I played a few matches of the MP demo and it was decent, the map was kinda small and i didnt seem to find near as many grenades and weapons as i did in the first one. I also am getting annoyed at the running backwards and trying to shoot.

Finished the game, and I thought it was actually really good. I may be in the minority but I couldn't stand the first game, except for the multiplayer. I did a review on LP2, you can check it out here if you want...
http://gamerfill.com/

So... two months after the last post, is anyone even still playing LP2? I'm looking to get it now, since it's cheap ($25 or so on Amazon, $35 new from Newegg).

Looks pretty good for $15 or so (giftcards). I'd play mostly SP, or with one or two others.

However, I can't really tell how the community is or if there were any gaping flaws that made this game so unpopular.

Guess that answers that question..?

Probably gonna pick it up anyway. I love third person shooters, and coop.

It's currently $40 new at Best Buy, $50 ($40 used with 10% off) at Gamestop, and $35 new at Newegg. And roughly $30 or so at Amazon, shipped, used.

I gotta bump this up again, ordered the game today...

I have only one person out of 46 people on my friend list that's played it, and it'd be nice to have some more cags on my list. Doesn't look good since I'm basically reviving the thread with every post, though. >_>

Some new DLC was released earlier this month too, as well as a patch.

Two map packs, a 'Boss rush' DLC, and a patch making it much easier to play solo, as well as other convenient changes.

I recently started playing this. Might get the Boss Rush DLC since it's only 240 MS Points, however I have no interest in the PvP aspect of this game.

bread's done
Back