Lost Season 3!!! (Beware of Spoilers)

from entertainment weekly

APril 25 --- deals with sun pregan.

may 2- we learn one of the biggest mysteries from season 1 (doesnt give hints what it might be)

May 9 is called the man behind the curtain

May 23 is the 2 hour final

I thought they said there was 5 left.

APRIL 18, 25 may 2 9 WHY SKIP may 16

THe biggest news and what sort of shocked

LOST SEASON 4 might not start till JAN 2008 and just do the entire season then JAN to MAY 2008 would be season 4

they are also hinting that season 4 might be the last

it will suck waiting from MAY 23 to JAN 2008

[quote name='slidecage']they are also hinting that season 4 might be the last [/quote]

I hope it's the last season. I'd rather this ends early with an awesome running than beat a dead horse (a la the Simpsons).

[quote name='Magehart']I hope it's the last season. I'd rather this ends early with an awesome running than beat a dead horse (a la the Simpsons).[/QUOTE]

IIRC someone said that they can't see the show going past 4 or 5 seasons.

I sorta agree. I can't see myself 9 seasons (= 10 years from now) wondering what going to happen next. Plus the longer the show goes on the more crazy the answers to the questions have be to keep people watching.

[quote name='slidecage']
it will suck waiting from MAY 23 to JAN 2008[/QUOTE]

Welcome to last month and you are obviously not a fan of The 4400 or BSG. With The 4400 the seasons always start around June, end no later than Sept. That's 9 months, Lost will only be 7.

I think Lost will have a fifth and finale season.

[quote name='David85']I think Lost will have a fifth and finale season.[/quote]
I believe Damon Lindelof and Cartlon Cuse stated last San Diego Comic-con that they have LOST planned out to run 5 seasons. They said ABC might want to continue after that but probably won't be involved.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I believe Damon Lindelof and Cartlon Cuse stated last San Diego Comic-con that they have LOST planned out to run 5 seasons. They said ABC might want to continue after that but probably won't be involved.[/QUOTE]

They have said a lot of things about the shows run in the last three years. Their timetable went from 5 or 6 years to 8 years to 4 years and a movie series to 5 years and a movie. They should hit 100 episodes and end the show. The ratings have been dropping anyways.

[quote name='David85']They have said a lot of things about the shows run in the last three years. Their timetable went from 5 or 6 years to 8 years to 4 years and a movie series to 5 years and a movie. They should hit 100 episodes and end the show. The ratings have been dropping anyways.[/QUOTE]

The writing is downhill a little. I remember the first time I watch the Lost season 1 & 2 dvds. I couldn't get through them fast enough. Every show was action packed be it, with questions, quests, or violence. Now they're throwing filler episodes at us, and moving the story along slowly. Instead of giving us an awesome show, it seems as if the writers are more worried about alright "how do we get out of this season."

With that said Lost is still IMO one of the best shows on tv today.

[quote name='CitizenB']With that said Lost is still IMO one of the best shows on tv today.[/quote]

In my mind Lost is only 2nd to South Park.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ben: "And wear a tank top for fuck's sake - it shows off your rack."[/QUOTE]
That's how I remember him saying it.

[quote name='David85']Ben is losing his faith in the island and that's why he got cancer. Locke has faith in the island and that's why he can walk.[/QUOTE]
But Locke could walk before he had any idea what was going on.

[quote name='Stoneage']But Locke could walk before he had any idea what was going on.[/quote]

The island heals you if you're a good person and Locke has been nothing but a saint. That's why Ben is screwed. I think he's going to die a horrible death.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']You need to watch 24.[/quote]

School restricts my ability to watch said show :(.

Maybe Desmond will die this episode, they always kill the cool charaters.

Charlie will die because he's useless.

[quote name='David85']Maybe Desmond will die this episode, they always kill the cool charaters.

Charlie will die because he's useless.[/quote]

Or not :lol:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Pretty obvious this whole show is just a hallucination after Patrick Duffy slips and falls in the shower.[/quote]

It's about time someone figured out LOST.

I liked the couple of pokes the show made at itself.

Sawyer said "what you talking about who's your favorite other."

Then when they found the phone.
Hurly; "Its dead."
Charlie said "shocking."

[quote name='Graystone']I liked the couple of pokes the show made at itself.

Sawyer said "what you talking about who's your favorite other."

Then when they found the phone.
Hurly; "Its dead."
Charlie said "shocking."[/QUOTE]

I caught that too. Pretty amusing. New to this thread so this has already been covered, but I heard from several places that Season 4 is the final season - popular or not, they're wrapping things up and hopefully everything will make sense in the end.

When all the guys was walking to go camping. I noticed they were whistling the Bridge over the River Kwai theme song. I don't know what meaning it has. Also they found a copy of Catch-22. Which looked to be in portuguese, German or Spanish.

I have to wonder...with the possible exception of Ben - if the Others really are "good" or "chosen" in some way, perhaps Locke was allowed to join them after facing his father (the thing he wanted most). If he faced him and showed mercy, he would be the only one of the group who really overcame his baggage. Thus he gets his name on the list?

[quote name='chosen1s']I caught that too. Pretty amusing. New to this thread so this has already been covered, but I heard from several places that Season 4 is the final season - popular or not, they're wrapping things up and hopefully everything will make sense in the end.[/QUOTE]

Well the creators said that they don't want to go past season 5. So the show may go on, but without the original writers.

However the person from the helicopter was hired by Penny. If anyone remembers when they didn't push the button, and the sky turned purple. Two guys in a snowy mountain had some seismic activity. They then promptly called penny. I think Penny sent out a rescue person to the seismic activity to check it out.

Wow, Graystone thanks, I totally forgot about that little tidbit of info.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode but I really HATE the frackin love triangle between Kate, The Doc and Sawyer.

[quote name='chosen1s']I have to wonder...with the possible exception of Ben - if the Others really are "good" or "chosen" in some way, perhaps Locke was allowed to join them after facing his father (the thing he wanted most). If he faced him and showed mercy, he would be the only one of the group who really overcame his baggage. Thus he gets his name on the list?[/QUOTE]

Ben allowed Locke to join cause the island accepted him. Ben wants to know why the island accepts Locke (an outsider)

Overall last night show BLEH

next week we find out who is SUNS baby father again bleh

[quote name='Graystone']When all the guys was walking to go camping. I noticed they were whistling the Bridge over the River Kwai theme song. I don't know what meaning it has. Also they found a copy of Catch-22. Which looked to be in portuguese, German or Spanish.[/quote]

It was Portuguese, which was also the same language that the two scientists were speaking at the end of season 2.

[quote name='kaw']It was Portuguese, which was also the same language that the two scientists were speaking at the end of season 2.[/QUOTE]

I sorta thought it was thats why I put that first. So that proves Penny sent the helicopter out.

[quote name='Graystone']I sorta thought it was thats why I put that first. So that proves Penny sent the helicopter out.[/QUOTE]

Well I think the picture they found kind of did a better job of proving that point.

Did you guys notice that on the monk's desk he had a picture of himself with the old woman from the jewlry store. It just adds to my confusion....

[quote name='E_G_Man']Did you guys notice that on the monk's desk he had a picture of himself with the old woman from the jewlry store. It just adds to my confusion....[/QUOTE]

The producers do little easter eggs like that from time to time. Like back in season 2 when they were on the raft. The sharks in the water had Darmah logos on their dorsal fins.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well I think the picture they found kind of did a better job of proving that point.[/QUOTE]

picture?

[quote name='darthbudge']Wow, Graystone thanks, I totally forgot about that little tidbit of info.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode but I really HATE the frackin love triangle between Kate, The Doc and Sawyer.[/QUOTE]
But the ping pong......it's so.......pingy! Or is it pongy?

[quote name='slidecage']

next week we find out who is SUNS baby father again bleh[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot she was preggers.

[quote name='chosen1s']
I like how Sawyer seems to have found his humanity lately.
[/quote]

he's also found a new gut yeah? that C&C3 money must be going straight in his belly.

[quote name='E_G_Man']Did you guys notice that on the monk's desk he had a picture of himself with the old woman from the jewlry store. It just adds to my confusion....[/QUOTE]

It adds to the confusion of the writers too. There is no way in hell all the lose ends will end be tied up.

[quote name='Graystone']

picture?[/QUOTE]

They found the parachuter's backpack in a tree, opened the book, and found the same picture that Desmond's been toting around with him and Penny together on the pier.

[quote name='David85']It adds to the confusion of the writers too. There is no way in hell all the lose ends will end be tied up.[/quote]

Well some will never be. The Church Ecko was building, Libby in Hurley's psych ward etc. etc.

Did anyone notice the "chief" of the others striking resemblence to the woman in the jewlery store?

Also, this episode, which I liked, was scripted by comic book writer Brian K. Vaughn. Known for Y The Last Man, Runaways, Ex Machina and so on.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Well some will never be. The Church Ecko was building, Libby in Hurley's psych ward etc. etc.
[/QUOTE]

I think we will see Libby again in Hurley's psych ward. Eko's church is a very good point. I don't think the church itself is important, Eko had faith in the island and built a church. They should show the church again, it's still a good place to store things.

[quote name='David85']They should show the church again, it's still a good place to store things.[/quote]

Or throw a tarp over it, it would make a decent house.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Or throw a tarp over it, it would make a decent house.[/QUOTE]

My mom and I talked about the tarps, they annoy us, her more than me. I understand this is a sci-fi show with smoke monsters and everything and that these people fell from the sky and all should be dead. That said where the hell did the tarps come from?!?! Do they have lots of tarps on planes these days?

[quote name='David85']My mom and I talked about the tarps, they annoy us, her more than me. I understand this is a sci-fi show with smoke monsters and everything and that these people fell from the sky and all should be dead. That said where the hell did the tarps come from?!?! Do they have lots of tarps on planes these days?[/quote]

I choose to disregard that stuff most of the time. I just say to myself, "All the useful stuff landed ashore...and then some." But I've never though about tarps but my excuse to that is...the...hatch?

Well it never bothered me when things from the plane or people packed landed on the island. But tarps? I pack a few just in case the plane crashes so i can make a tarp! :)

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I have a tarp and a tent in the trunk of my Lancer, Why I don't know[/QUOTE]

Do you bring them with you onto a plane? :p

[quote name='David85']Do you bring them with you onto a plane? :p[/QUOTE]

If I can take it as a carry on, yes.

A: I could make a makeshift parachute
B: Once I survive the landing I could setup camp
C: It's wrapped up so tight it's about the size of a purse.

I think the writers aren't leaving stuff open, but like the food drops. I think thats there way of saying this is how the losties eat. We've explained, we don't need to go back to it.

bread's done
Back