Lost Season 3!!! (Beware of Spoilers)

[quote name='karkyco']And speaking of Dharma supplies, the recent episodes throw an odd twist to that supply "drop" the Losties found. Why would the Dharma initiative out in the real world still be dropping supplies if communication from the island was cut off and/or they knew their people had been massacred?

Or was it placed there by someone/something else (the Others? Moving that large a container/that much food through the jungle would be pretty much impossible...and why would they, or anyone for that matter, want to supply the Losties?). Maybe it was meant for the contestants on CBS's Survivor but they dropped it on the wrong island.:roll:[/quote]

Because there are too many plot threads that don't make sense that we will never get resolution on. I'm convinced that the writers have no freaking idea what they are doing next. Sure they may know general plot points but for a show like this the devil is in the details. Sci-fi fans are a crazy lot and will pick apart anything and everything so the writing needs to be air tight - which it isn't. There are too many things that can't be explained away even if you suspend disbelief for the sake of the show.

[quote name='javeryh']Because there are too many plot threads that don't make sense that we will never get resolution on. I'm convinced that the writers have no freaking idea what they are doing next. Sure they may know general plot points but for a show like this the devil is in the details. Sci-fi fans are a crazy lot and will pick apart anything and everything so the writing needs to be air tight - which it isn't. There are too many things that can't be explained away even if you suspend disbelief for the sake of the show.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:|

The Dharma supply drop is a minor detail that would take one line in a throwaway episode to resolve:

- Hanso was secretly continuing the Dharma initiative, and weren't aware or didn't care about the purge for some reason.

- The Hostiles that took over aroud the time Dharma "shut down" were really part of a larger Dharma initiative project. "Shutting down" really meant killing everyone who used to be involved with the project. Perhaps the Hostiles were working for Hanso and were used to get rid of the Dharma people out of fear of the project becoming public.

- The Hostiles/current Dharma people are secretly supported by someone within Hanso, but not the company itself.

- Someone has taken over Hanso corp. and has decided to continue the initiative or the supply drops for some reason. Perhaps someone working for the Others?

- The supply drop was left by the Others for the Losties.

If you go to Lostpedia, they have a lot of info about Hanso that makes some of these possibilities.

[quote name='Greetard']I read about The Lost Experience on lostopedia and it cleared up a crapload of mysteries. Thanks for posting that.[/QUOTE]

NP. It's the best Lost resource on the internet.

Here's the video that explains the numbers and the purpose of the Dharma initiative:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=E-eHEYswgK8[/MEDIA]

[quote name='evanft']:whistle2:|

The Dharma supply drop is a minor detail that would take one line in a throwaway episode to resolve:

- Hanso was secretly continuing the Dharma initiative, and weren't aware or didn't care about the purge for some reason.

- The Hostiles that took over aroud the time Dharma "shut down" were really part of a larger Dharma initiative project. "Shutting down" really meant killing everyone who used to be involved with the project. Perhaps the Hostiles were working for Hanso and were used to get rid of the Dharma people out of fear of the project becoming public.

- The Hostiles/current Dharma people are secretly supported by someone within Hanso, but not the company itself.

- Someone has taken over Hanso corp. and has decided to continue the initiative or the supply drops for some reason. Perhaps someone working for the Others?

If you go to Lostpedia, they have a lot of info about Hanso that makes some of these possibilities.[/QUOTE]

The supply drop seemed specifically for the people in the hatch. The guy Desmond was with didn't seem to be an other nor was their any indication the guy he was with that commited suicide was an other either. They were most likely Dharma employees. The hatch wasn't near the purge area and Ben and the Others might not have even known about the Hatch when they planned the purge.

[quote name='Graystone']The show has always been filmed in Hawaii. Unless your saying that they're not going to do to much with the flash-forward we've seen.[/quote]
Yeah that's what I meant.

As for the California thing, I'm sure maybe some of the scenes like Juliet's flashback were filmed there. But other than that all of the island filming is done in Hawaii.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I thought they were filming it in California for season 3 because Hawaii was too expensive.[/quote]

they get major tax breaks and some payment from the state...since they hire a lot of locals to work on the set...

after season 1, the state of hawaii was pissed about some loopholes in the tax system that allowed the movie blue crush to save a ton. There was talk about closing that loophole, and lost was looking at other locations to film. Lost execs told the hawaiin state gov't they were willing to move to Louisiana if they changed the tax code....the tax code stayed the same

[quote name='evanft']

[/quote]

So the Others new the supply drops were sitting there in the jungle and they let them sit so the survivors of Oceanic could use it? Meaning the Others arent such bad people after all? Or am I misunderstanding you?

[quote name='evanft']NP. It's the best Lost resource on the internet.

Here's the video that explains the numbers and the purpose of the Dharma initiative:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E-eHEYswgK8[/quote]

Dude evan, thanks for posting that. Damn, there is so much more out there, that site really opens up the show.

[quote name='Maklershed']So the Others new the supply drops were sitting there in the jungle and they let them sit so the survivors of Oceanic could use it? Meaning the Others arent such bad people after all? Or am I misunderstanding you?[/QUOTE]

IDK, I was just throwing it out there.

[quote name='Collectordragon']The supply drop seemed specifically for the people in the hatch. The guy Desmond was with didn't seem to be an other nor was their any indication the guy he was with that commited suicide was an other either. They were most likely Dharma employees. The hatch wasn't near the purge area and Ben and the Others might not have even known about the Hatch when they planned the purge.[/QUOTE]

Hey, they were just random ideas that could possibly explain things. You can throw "The Swan was still operated by Dharma." out there, too.

Since I just wound down from work and dinner, a thought occurred to me. Has Desmond ever encountered Ben? Wouldn't Ben have been watching him and the Shawshank guy for like....years or something? It seems I have forgotten some old episodes that have answered this for me. Oh well. I have 9 months to watch all the seasons again so I can come up with more hairbrained ideas that solve nothing.

[quote name='Stoneage']Since I just wound down from work and dinner, a thought occurred to me. Has Desmond ever encountered Ben? Wouldn't Ben have been watching him and the Shawshank guy for like....years or something? It seems I have forgotten some old episodes that have answered this for me. Oh well. I have 9 months to watch all the seasons again so I can come up with more hairbrained ideas that solve nothing.[/quote]

as far as i can remember Desmond didnt meet anyone except the guy he was orignally on the island with. Yes Ben would have been watching Desmond the entire time. The only flash backs I remember are him killing his partner on accident when he saw his boat being fixed.

[quote name='Maklershed']
3. a phrase that says, "God loves you as he loves Jesus"[/QUOTE]

It's actually God Loves You as He Loved Jacob, which is a little more familiar.

[quote name='Magus8472']It's actually God Loves You as He Loved Jacob, which is a little more familiar.[/quote]

Ah ok. Thank you. Time to go consult the internets on who Jacob was and what his significance might be to Lost.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ah ok. Thank you. Time to go consult the internets on who Jacob was and what his significance might be to Lost.[/QUOTE]
Jacob's ladder to heaven is a story I remember. Idk what it has to do with Lost, but....and Esau, his brother.....who he stole the inheritance of. Man, that's good grammar.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ah ok. Thank you. Time to go consult the internets on who Jacob was and what his significance might be to Lost.[/quote]
He's also the presence on the island if you have forgotten. Or the guy whom rappers get their bling from.

bread's done
Back