Lost Season 3!!! (Beware of Spoilers)

Was this last episode a test of their comedy writing. The had a lot of jokes. It was a solid show. Didn't move the story any where though. They spent a hour to tell us that they're going to go after Jack.

I enjoyed that last ep, but the convenience of them just finding random crap in the jungle is wearing a little thin

i.e. the ping pong table

at least we got some eye patch action, and more Sayid back story

that dude has had one messed up life

Pretty good flashback show but still lacks a lot.
So eye patch guy was just another one of them? That kinda killed it.
They showed another station just to blew it up?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pretty good flashback show but still lacks a lot.
They showed another station just to blew it up?[/quote]

fuck yeah! Blowing up stuff is the shit!

I liked the episode. It showed how dedicated Locke was to the island itself as well as led them to where the others are AND showed, once again, how badass Sayid is.

Kate just needs to get naked or dissapear, she's worthless now.

[quote name='Magehart'] how badass Sayid is.

Kate just needs to get naked or dissapear, she's worthless now.[/QUOTE]

Locke and Sayid have always been tied for my favorite character. But since Locke blew up the new station he's became my favorite.

If he didn't blow it up what would have we gotten?

Them spending 2 episodes fixing the satellite. Then another two eps trying to communicate. They would have gotten some small message or something from the outside world. Then the satellite would have shorted out with no way to fix it.
etc etc.

But Sayid's back story is the best one on the show IMO.

Kate's cute, but they need to develop some storyline for her. The stopped working on her backstory at the middle of season 2.

IIRC we have yet to find out how Locke became paraplegic.

[quote name='CitizenB']Locke and Sayid have always been tied for my favorite character. But since Locke blew up the new station he's became my favorite.

If he didn't blow it up what would have we gotten?

Them spending 2 episodes fixing the satellite. Then another two eps trying to communicate. They would have gotten some small message or something from the outside world. Then the satellite would have shorted out with no way to fix it.
etc etc.

But Sayid's back story is the best one on the show IMO.

Kate's cute, but they need to develop some storyline for her. The stopped working on her backstory at the middle of season 2.

IIRC we have yet to find out how Locke became paraplegic.[/QUOTE]

look back. I think i said March 21 (maybe march 14) we find out what happened to locke legs (was in EW few weeks back)

kind of stupid to bring the black women back just to kill her. I wonder what they were saying to each other. also why wouldnt the others remove the c4 . Also its intersting to find out that the
OTHERS were on the island long before the started the stuff on the island. So i wonder if the others are really The OTHERS cause why would they kill them (remember they said why would we kill to to jack)

i say there is a 3rd party on this island

[quote name='Magehart']
Kate just needs to get naked or dissapear, she's worthless now.[/quote]
Kate isn't worthless IMO, she's the one leading the rescue party...kinda. Her latest flashback was pretty redundant.

This episode had HUGE information in it, the "Purge," between the hostiles and the dharma initiative. That may be the biggest piece of the island's history we've gotten all season.

And yes CitizenB, Sayid's flashbacks are by far the best ones in the show, and it's about time he started kickin' ass again.

EDIT:

Also, I think Locke blowing up, "The Flame," will turn out to be a good thing. However, the three of them spent all damn day on that farm, why didn't Sayid or Kate tell Locke that there were C4s in the basement?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pretty good flashback show but still lacks a lot.
They showed another station just to blew it up?[/QUOTE]

i think that pretty much sealed my suspicion that Locke is working against the other 815ers, and has been from the beginning
why the fark would he do that? w/out asking anyone or telling them? all the communications equipment and he knew that entering 77 would have a bad consequence, you could tell from the look on his face

locke is gonna be revealed at some point

[quote name='slidecage']look back. I think i said March 21 (maybe march 14) we find out what happened to locke legs (was in EW few weeks back)

kind of stupid to bring the black women back just to kill her. I wonder what they were saying to each other. also why wouldnt the others remove the c4 . Also its intersting to find out that the
OTHERS were on the island long before the started the stuff on the island. So i wonder if the others are really The OTHERS cause why would they kill them (remember they said why would we kill to to jack)

i say there is a 3rd party on this island[/QUOTE]

Could the 3rd party be Russian like eye patch?

Someone will translate what eye patch, and old girl was saying.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i think that pretty much sealed my suspicion that Locke is working against the other 815ers, and has been from the beginning
why the fark would he do that? w/out asking anyone or telling them? all the communications equipment and he knew that entering 77 would have a bad consequence, you could tell from the look on his face

locke is gonna be revealed at some point
[/QUOTE]

I think he didn't know I think he was 50/50 on it. He thought that it might bring help, or harm. So he took a risk. They've done to much backstory on him to have him be part of the others, and not 815ers.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i think that pretty much sealed my suspicion that Locke is working against the other 815ers, and has been from the beginning
[/quote]

I highly doubt that unless you've got some supporting evidence.

Locke was ignorant about the C4, he didnt kno what would happen if he pushed the button.

He's just a curious cat.

anyway tv.com said the next ep is a claire episode.

I wonder if they will actually make her character, u kno, interesting??

[quote name='CitizenB']

I think he didn't know I think he was 50/50 on it. He thought that it might bring help, or harm. So he took a risk. They've done to much backstory on him to have him be part of the others, and not 815ers.[/QUOTE]

You could be right, I need to watch it again. But I could have sworn he had that "locke look" on his face when he did that... the same look he had when he gave vincent to michael to return to walt. I've just had a weird feeling about Locke's motivations from the beginning.

And, no LJ, I don't have any evidence at all.

But the way he has evolved, the way they are sitting on the rest of his flashbacks and origins of his wheelchair status... and most of all the casting of Terry O'Quinn in the role. All of those together make me think that Locke's true role will be one of the last and biggest reveals of the show.

He might not be an 'other' or affiliated with anyone on the island.

But he's something different from the rest of the 815ers.

Like I said, just a feeling.

[quote name='JEKKI']Locke was ignorant about the C4, he didnt kno what would happen if he pushed the button.

He's just a curious cat.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can say that definitively

especially not on a show like Lost

[quote name='PKRipp3r']And, no LJ, I don't have any evidence at all.
[/quote]

I'll have to admit, the very thought has crossed my mind. But it just seems like they have gone too far into Locke's character to make him out to be one of the, "others."

How about that last Locke flashblack though? That may have been one of the strangest we've seen.

I wish more characters I didn't like would ask to get shot like that lady :/ Bravo...I wonder if she yelled at the producer or whoever like Echo did. Bless him.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I'll have to admit, the very thought has crossed my mind. But it just seems like they have gone too far into Locke's character to make him out to be one of the, "others."

How about that last Locke flashblack though? That may have been one of the strangest we've seen.[/QUOTE]
I guess we'll find out in two weeks when another one of his flashbacks is the center of the episode.

Translated Russian Dialouge

The dialogue in Russian:
Klugh: Mikhail! You know what to do.
Mikhail: We still have another way.
Klugh: We cannot risk. You know what to do.
Mikhail: We still have another way.
Klugh: We cannot risk. You know the conditions.
Mikhail: We have another way.
Klugh: They know us. We will not let them [unintelligible]. You know what to do. It is an order.
Mikhail: But we still have another way! (pause) I’m sorry! (shoots)

Lost is such a cool premise but something is missing in the execution. I think they should just have a full episode where 20 Others rush Sayiid with guns and knives and shit and he kills them all. He is by far the best character on the show.
He was so badass when he noticed the height of the Russian and how there were 2 horses outside, etc.
Jin, Sun, Sawyer and Hurley are all pretty interesting but Sayiid kicks all their asses. Also,
killing that black lady was right up there with one of the lamest things ever - what was the point
?

[quote name='javeryh']I think they should just have a full episode where 20 Others rush Sayiid with guns and knives and shit and he kills them all.[/quote]
Yes, this needs to happen. I heard Damon Lindelof say that after 5 seasons Lost is done. So hopefully ABC wants a Sayiid spin-off, the show could just be called, "Kickin' Ass."

Also, has anyone found a translation of Mikhail's paper that was next to the typewriter?

[quote name='javeryh']what was the point?[/QUOTE]

island hate crime?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']
But the way he has evolved, the way they are sitting on the rest of his flashbacks and origins of his wheelchair status... and most of all the casting of Terry O'Quinn in the role. All of those together make me think that Locke's true role will be one of the last and biggest reveals of the show.

He might not be an 'other' or affiliated with anyone on the island.

But he's something different from the rest of the 815ers.

Like I said, just a feeling.[/QUOTE]

He might end up changing toward the finale but for the most part.

I think that your feeling for locke come from the fact that he looks at being on the island as destiny. But for the finale or for rating one day they might make him go crazy, and live out in the woods alone atop one of the mountains.

Speaking of the mountains. Why have the people at camp quit exploring. In the other season's they were always going out looking for something. Now its like they've accepted their spot on the island.

If they would climb one of the mountains, they might found a cave. Or realize that they island they're on is just off the Florida keys. :D

They film the show in Hawaii, it would be funny if one character would reference that. Something like "I'm getting tired of this beach the one's I've seen in Hawaii were much better."

[quote name='Jedi1979']Good episode tonight...the end was freaking hilarious:lol:[/quote]

I really hated tonight's episode.

I felt that they needed to do a Claire episode and the only thing that could make her interesting would be for her to be Jack's half sister. Then that shit with Jack was too much for me.

Tonight's episode was pretty meh.

I think that when the show is all said and done, if the 815'ers do get off the island, that Locke will choose to stay there by himself. Who knows if he'll survive though.

At least they're making Locke interesting again, I guess....

I thought tonights episode was great...

I am still upset with all the unanswered questions out there...but its definitly going to get very very interesting!

[quote name='Magehart']Bastards keeps making me watch this show because I WANT to see Charlie die.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting since season 1.

Why did they go and mess up Desmond? He was pretty cool when we first saw him and now he's some hippy.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Why did they go and mess up Desmond? He was pretty cool when we first saw him and now he's some hippy.[/quote]

How is he a hippy?

Also,
In 2 weeks Billy Dee Williams aka Lando Calrissan makes his LOST debut!

[quote name='Magehart']Bastards keeps making me watch this show because I WANT to see Charlie die.[/quote]

I hope they kill Charlie and Claire at the same time. Maybe Aaron will kill them with his mind. They are probally the worst characters ever. They suck even more than Hurley.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']How is he a hippy?

Also,
In 2 weeks Billy Dee Williams aka Lando Calrissan makes his LOST debut!
[/QUOTE]

billydeesign.jpg

fuck yeah.

These next 2 weeks are going to be AWESOME! First we have Locke's episode. Then Nikki and Paolo should hopefully live up to their hype.

[quote name='jshendel']These next 2 weeks are going to be AWESOME! First we have Locke's episode. Then Nikki and Paolo should hopefully live up to their hype.[/quote]

from what I have heard about the storyline involving nick and paulo, it sounded fucking horrible:roll: I got this from my source on the show

the two new stars they signed at the begining of the year. They are on the beach and have had very few small appearances. Last week sayer said to them at the ping pong table, who the hell are you

[quote name='ryanbph']the two new stars they signed at the begining of the year. They are on the beach and have had very few small appearances. Last week sayer said to them at the ping pong table, who the hell are you[/QUOTE]

Someone who is starting to not give a shit?

[quote name='Magehart']Bastards keeps making me watch this show because I WANT to see Charlie die.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt be shocked to see Desmond die before charlie. they universe could get pissed off at desmond for getting in its way to kill charlie so it off them instead

Last night show was the best of the season. THe trap was very lame though. Ummm why would you build it that close to the trees if someone could just cut a tree down and climb over it

AND WHATEVER BECAME OF THE SICKNESS THAT KILLED OFF EVERYONE IN SEASON 1

anyone notice the birds were flying back to the village like the birds came from there and not the main land so expect the others to find the note they put on the birds

This past episode was very good.

The Russian was about to say Locke was paraplegic but got cut off from saying so.
Jacks dad went to Australia for his babies mommy and daughter (Jacks half sister), and not to drink himself away at first.

Anyone know the real reason they're going to kill charlie. Is Dom going to go work on another show?
I liked Charlie better when he was struggling with Heroin addiction. Without the smack his character sucks.

Jack playing football with the others. Crazy stuff.

Also Locke had some C4 in his backpack. From a tech standpoint the communication station would never work again, everything electronic was fried by the EMP. So him blowing it up wasn't a bad idea. But why would he? It did have some value.
I'm excited for the Locke episode next week.

The past two weeks have been very good. Locke is finally back from pussying out all the time. I was just starting to like the eye-patch guy too. Oh well, it's Lost, you can never get too attached to anyone. I'm looking forward to Locke's confrontation with Ben next week.. looks good.

Niki and Paolo were those two dorks that popped up when Locke was looking for people to go to the small hatch station where Ecko died (where we first saw eye-patch guy on the monitors). Uh-oh, ratings are starting to sag? Let's infuse two new young hip characters, and pretend they've been there since day one. The writers had a serious Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie moment. They couldn't have been written into the show any worse. They both need to be killed off swiftly.

I'm sure Jack playing football at Othersville is just some Dharma induced island psychosis.

agreed about the look on kate's face. the way jack spiked the ball was hilarious too... with that little hesitation. that really sold it.

also have to point out that, again Locke did some majorly weird stuff that only makes sense (to me) if he's working against the other Losties.
why shove the guy through the guard fence that killed him? he said 'how could i know they had that?' which is exactly what he said about the c4.. and yet he had some in his backpack - WHICH MEANS HE BLEW UP THE STATION ON PURPOSE

which says to me that he killed that guy on purpose. maybe he knew some part of the real truth about locke and his role.

i still firmly believe that his character has some HUGE importance beyond what's been revealed. like, maybe he's Ben's boss' boss. Or he's a double/triple agent, or something. I don't know.

The writers have just seemed to drop weird hints about him from the first eps of season 1.

[quote name='kaw']Uh-oh, ratings are starting to sag? Let's infuse two new young hip characters, and pretend they've been there since day one. The writers had a serious Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie moment. They couldn't have been written into the show any worse. They both need to be killed off swiftly.
[/quote]

Hmm, I don't think they were put on for ratings. Ratings for season 2 were good, and they were introduced I believe in the beginning of seaon 3. But they are SO LAME.

Their scene with Sayiid and Locke in the beginning of the season just seemed so out of place. The girl said something about, "Well did you guys try this?" And flicked a light switch and Locke said something like, "Why didn't I think of that?" And then the D-Bag guy comes out of the bathroom with the toilet flushing, "Well, toilet works!"

Just really really bad writing, almost as bad as my re-cap.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Hmm, I don't think they were put on for ratings. Ratings for season 2 were good, and they were introduced I believe in the beginning of seaon 3. But they are SO LAME.

Their scene with Sayiid and Locke in the beginning of the season just seemed so out of place. The girl said something about, "Well did you guys try this?" And flicked a light switch and Locke said something like, "Why didn't I think of that?" And then the D-Bag guy comes out of the bathroom with the toilet flushing, "Well, toilet works!"

Just really really bad writing, almost as bad as my re-cap.[/quote]

yeah season 2 started off with over 21mill watching the premiere...and ended with about 16-17 mill watching the finale...(lot of the drop due to competing with americain idol)...they were cast last spring, so they weren't put on to bump the ratings...they actually had an open cast for a latino male, so they had some plan on what they wanted

[quote name='PKRipp3r']agreed about the look on kate's face. the way jack spiked the ball was hilarious too... with that little hesitation. that really sold it.

also have to point out that, again Locke did some majorly weird stuff that only makes sense (to me) if he's working against the other Losties.
why shove the guy through the guard fence that killed him? he said 'how could i know they had that?' which is exactly what he said about the c4.. and yet he had some in his backpack - WHICH MEANS HE BLEW UP THE STATION ON PURPOSE

which says to me that he killed that guy on purpose. maybe he knew some part of the real truth about locke and his role.

i still firmly believe that his character has some HUGE importance beyond what's been revealed. like, maybe he's Ben's boss' boss. Or he's a double/triple agent, or something. I don't know.

The writers have just seemed to drop weird hints about him from the first eps of season 1.
[/QUOTE]

Yes the football spike was funny.

Yes Locke is doing some weird stuff I won't deny that. But I think its more of them trying to make his character hated.

Maybe the C4 was in that room with the PC. He saw it and took it off the wall.
You make some great points PK. But the when he threw that guy through the fence that "hadn't worked in years." Locke did it more to see if it worked, and when it worked. I think he got pissed off at himself IMO of course.

They're building a lot of questions around Locke right now. Which I think will be answered next episode. Then the episode after that might touch on the fact the Jack was playing football.

The only reason I say Locke isn't with the others is that he was paraplegic, and in the pilot episode they showed him laying in the sand. With blood on his face. He then wiggled his toes, and stood up.

Now you could say that Locke was part of the others walking on that part of the beach, and then got hit by plane as it crashed.

Again with each Lost episodes I always walk away saying. I have no idea.

[quote name='CitizenB']
Now you could say that Locke was part of the others walking on that part of the beach, and then got hit by plane as it crashed.

Again with each Lost episodes I always walk away saying. I have no idea.[/quote]

How could he get hit by the plane he was in?

bread's done
Back