LOST Season 5 Discussion - 5/13: The Incident -

I hope next season pieces back information from the first few seasons, explaining Jacob/Jacob's rival/Smokey role right from the beginning when Losties first arrived. I'm not the kinda guy that goes back and rewatches eps. to try and make light of everything. =[

What is the significance of the cabin? That's not where Jacob resides, but perhaps Smokey/Jacob's rival? The ash around it was obviously to seal someone from or confide someone to the cabin... but it couldn't be from Jacob.. possibly Smokey.. but then Christian was found in the cabin before.. whtahljslaksea.

If you read or watch interviews with Lindelof and Cuse, they are really hesitant to take on side projects as their focus is 100% LOST. I really commend them for keeping that focus and I have faith they will wrap it up nicely. You can just see they have a plan for the entire series and aren't flying by the seat of their pants.

[quote name='shinryuu']I hope next season pieces back information from the first few seasons, explaining Jacob/Jacob's rival/Smokey role right from the beginning when Losties first arrived. I'm not the kinda guy that goes back and rewatches eps. to try and make light of everything. =[[/QUOTE]

That's why they have like 20 obnoxious recap episodes per season.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That's why they have like 20 obnoxious recap episodes per season.[/QUOTE]

That's not what I meant. I kinda meant, I hope they integrate scenes from the first few seasons into this last season, either as flashbacks or point of references just to explain Jacob/rival/Smokey's doings in those first few seasons since you can say they didn't really answer or explain their rivalry.

I haven't read anything in this post.....but....I want to read the "books of Lost", as in the books that the people on Lost are reading. I know I am the first person to do this. Coincidentally, I am reading "Catch 22" right now, and I saw that is one of the books. I also want to read the Phillip K. Dick book "Vallis"(?), but that is a maybe.

[quote name='shinryuu']That's not what I meant. I kinda meant, I hope they integrate scenes from the first few seasons into this last season, either as flashbacks or point of references just to explain Jacob/rival/Smokey's doings in those first few seasons since you can say they didn't really answer or explain their rivalry.[/QUOTE]

For continuity sake? Yeah, i totally understand. There's been a bit of a gap so far. Right when you think they're going to start answering stuff they do the time travel shit that only answers a few questions and in the typically ambiguous manner.

[quote name='Stoneage']I haven't read anything in this post.....but....I want to read the "books of Lost", as in the books that the people on Lost are reading. I know I am the first person to do this. Coincidentally, I am reading "Catch 22" right now, and I saw that is one of the books. I also want to read the Phillip K. Dick book "Vallis"(?), but that is a maybe.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to read the Flannery O'Connor be prepared to be depressed.

I've barely ventured into the DVD forum, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This isn't about a deal; it's about letting people know this is out there despite no marketing that I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/final-lost-season-gains-an-hour-.html

We all know that on ABC's "Lost," time is extremely relative.

So why not throw an extra hour into the mix?

The sixth and final season will run 18 hours, an hour longer than originally announced. This isn't exactly earth-shattering news, granted, but for "Lost" fans heading into the final lap, every minute counts.

Though the reason for the extra time hasn't been confirmed, one insider said that the producers felt they had some extra story to tell in the final season. "Lost" starts shooting later this summer.

[quote name='Segasonic01']damn thats expensive. I dont even have a VCR or 3.5" drive anymore[/QUOTE]

you meana 5.25" drive. it looks cool, but i doubt the extras are worth it. and i wouldnt want a different looking case from the ones i already have.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Why would you need a floppy drive? Those look like DVD sleeves to me.[/QUOTE]

could be. but i wouldnt put it past the lost crew to put some random stuff on floppys just because they know there are people out there who will track down a drive and use em.

edit: took a 2nd look, yeah they do look like sleeves. well i think id rather just have the normal version then. i hate stuff like this messing up my shelfs.

Boy, I consider myself a huge fan, but...not sure I'm going to sacrifice my Season Five sub-$50 Amazon preorder for the standard Blu-Ray edition for that, even if Amazon sells it for considerably less than the mentioned MSRP.

I guess what this verifies to me is that this next year or so is going to see ABC/Disney work this series for as much merchandising dollar as they can get. It's going to be pretty difficult to suss out the good stuff from the frivolous upfront, but I suspect that the vast majority of the bonus material, while not being red herrings, will amount to nothing more than interesting, intentionally ambiguous curiosities. Time and time again, "Darlton" have (or is it "has"?) said that only the show itself is actually canon, and the further you get away from that, the more likely that it's just 'cool stuff' that they shoehorned into the LOST vibe and world, a ball of yarn for the hardcore fans to bat around endlessly.

With Comic-Con a couple weeks away, some of us have got a very big decision to make: do we stay spoiler-free as much as humanly possible for this final season? I'm sorry, there's no way you can practically discuss the show online (once the inevitable Comic-Con video is screened) without having some people at least abstractly spoil upcoming events. And like the last Harry Potter book, look forward to more than a few major-league dickheads working overtime to really fuck it up for everyone.

The spoiler respite we've had since the airing of "The Incident" is about to come to an end. Choose a side.

If that's for one season imagine the super sweet collection and collectibles they'd put for all 6 seasons :drool:. The inevitable $815 price tag would turn me off though.

I tend to think that in December of 2010, they'll release a standalone standard edition of Season Six, as well as something like this (but remember, there really won't be the same incentive to keep 'excavating' the mythology). My guess is that the complete series uberset won't be released until some point between Labor Day and Christmas of 2011. That's for double (and triple, in some cases) dip purposes. I see it being under $300, believe it or not.

[quote name='Magehart']If that's for one season imagine the super sweet collection and collectibles they'd put for all 6 seasons :drool:. The inevitable $815 price tag would turn me off though.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm waiting for. The entire series, all six seasons, in one boxset, on Blu-Ray. I don't care for any extra crap, just all the episodes. And I don't see the price tag being more than $500.

Same here. Ditcheck my Season 1-3 DVDs and will wait for a the inevitable complete series box set.

I just hope they put out a simple one, and not some big, space wasting box with a bunch of extra junk. In that case I'd just pick up the six seasons on blu rays individually when they were on sale etc.

And that's all dependent on next season wrapping up things in a satisfying way, as I won't buy if the last season and the ending sucks.

well im bumping this thread because michael emerson, better known as ben linus, won an emmy last night for best supporting actor in a drama. kudos to him, ben is definately one of my favorite characters on the show.

He won! That's awesome. It's so hard for people from this show to ever win anything. Ben is arguably the coolest character on the show now.

I have to agree about the inevitable box set. If it's a fucking godawful packaging like Battlestar Galactica's $200+ set, I'm going to be pissed. I'd rather they just put every season in matching cases (something they have failed miserably at since season 4 came out and didn't match season 3's random alternate packagings). Then maybe toss them all in a bigger spine view slipcase like the free Lord of the Rings case you had to order in the mail.

This broke my heart a tiny little bit:

lost_tv_poster_final_season_01.jpg

To be honest, I'm glad they're finally going to wrap it up. It's getting too convoluted and isn't nearly as compact and powerful as seasons 1 and 2. At least Matthew Fox has said he was one of the few that knows the ending and promises fans will love it and not think it's underwhelming.

ill be sad when it ends. but i think the creators did a good thing when they committed to ending it after 6 seasons. now they can focus on bringing everything together instead of making out in polar bear cages.

Has anyone read anything indicating when ABC.com or Hulu will have the second half of Season 5 back online?

They just have eps 1-9 currently. My girlfriend was watching through the whole series and is dying to see the rest of season 5.

Hulu are pretty bad about maintaining full seasons. I think that's why they are going paid soon. Too many people complain about not getting much other than the past 3-4 episodes of shows and Hulu realized they could make some money manipulating a legit visitor complaint.

It's the same on ABC.com and hulu has a note that they can only show those first 9 episodes now, so I think that's ABC rather than hulu's issue.

That's probably why Hulu is going to subscription. Like Netflix, so they can offer full seasons and kick money to ABC, etc.

Probably. Just saying in this case that ABC.com only has the first 9 up as well.

I found at least the next couple on surfthechannel.com. Had issues with the video freezing but there was a link to download it with Graboid so we tried that and it seemed to work. So my girlfriend should be set as long as they have all of the second half still.

ABC has full seasons for 1-4. But only eps 1-9 currently for season 5 for some reason. Hulu has the same, with a note that the second half will return at a later date--so I guess ABC doesn't want the full season up right now.

Maybe since it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray in December and they want to get people hooked so they'll buy it.

[quote name='Matt Young']So, the official premiere date has been announced: February 2nd, 2010, at 9:00.[/QUOTE]

cant wait, but at the same time im sad, knowing this will be the final season. i hope they have an epic 6 hour 2 part mini series finale or something. instead of a 3 hour finale that counts as 3 "episodes"

Feb 2nd already? Excellent. Thought the wait would be a bit longer.

::prays for no fucking "breaks" and a 2-3 hour finale instead of conjoined episodes.

bread's done
Back