LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']yeah, and in the final scene were people that died before him like charlie, sun, jin, shannon, boone, sayid and locke, and people that died after him, like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the quote can just as easily be applied to Elvis as it can to any character on the show. Elvis died, and he died before Jack. That quote is too ambiguous to be used as primary evidence in any argument.

Im glad the finale was at least "acceptable".....i wish there was more island time, but im glad they at least explained the volcano - which was addressed in the classroom in season 5. Sentimentel ending but i still need a few more answers to be satisfied.

Haha, just thinking about the ending is just funny. IT's so damn vague, it's such a cheap way out. They never say anything in stone, just slight hints. Even the religious symbols are vague and could be any religion.

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but:

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/michael-emerson/257844
Michael Emerson tells G4's Attack of the Show that a special feature on the DVD collection for the entire series will show an epilogue of what happened to Ben and Hurley (Jorge Garcia) once they took over island-protector duties from Jack (Matthew Fox).

"For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature, which is... you could call it an epilogue," Emerson said. "A lost scene. It's a lot. It's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley becoming number one and the end of the series. It's self-contained, although it's a rich period in the show's mythology that's never been explored, so who knows what will come of it."

[quote name='Tony208']^That better be on the S6 stand alone. Having to buy the complete series is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

for sure, i already have the first 5 seasons on blu ray, im not buying the complete series for 12 minutes of footage.

Had to share these with you guys.
2OXLq.gif

tumblr_l2zjqnj47p1qzzta5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l2y8i9W9WT1qzst17o1_r1_500.jpg

My opinion is that they wanted the island to be purgatory. They thought they were clever but were taken aback when everyone guessed it so quickly. So they course corrected a bit. Honestly in this day and age the only way to surprise folks with a TV ending is for it to be asinine like the finale of Life on Mars. Any twist that makes the smallest amount of sense will be brought out in Message boards. For example if a twist like what happened in Dallas happened now people would have figured it out with the additional ways we have to communicate now

Which is silly as I don't much care if an ending is surprising.

The journey is the most important part--a predictable ending doesn't lessen that for me at all as long as it's a good ending and makes sense. That makes a good show/series/movie and one that I can rewatch over the years.

However, a twist ending that ignores the journey and mysteries related to it, sours the whole thing and kills any chance of me rewatching it.

[quote name='jlarlee']My opinion is that they wanted the island to be purgatory. They thought they were clever but were taken aback when everyone guessed it so quickly. So they course corrected a bit. Honestly in this day and age the only way to surprise folks with a TV ending is for it to be asinine like the finale of Life on Mars. Any twist that makes the smallest amount of sense will be brought out in Message boards. For example if a twist like what happened in Dallas happened now people would have figured it out with the additional ways we have to communicate now[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I wish they stuck to it actually. If they were upset people figured it out they could have had the big reveal at the end of season 2 or 3 and then filled in the gaps on how they get out of purgatory with the remaining seasons. I don't know... maybe that would lessen the overall impact of the show.

[quote name='javeryh'] I don't know... maybe that would lessen the overall impact of the show.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm not sure they could have done anything that lessened the overall impact for the mythos focused people like me than the path they did take. :(

[quote name='javeryh']I agree 100%. I wish they stuck to it actually. If they were upset people figured it out they could have had the big reveal at the end of season 2 or 3 and then filled in the gaps on how they get out of purgatory with the remaining seasons. I don't know... maybe that would lessen the overall impact of the show.[/QUOTE]

Yea I remember in the first couple seasons if a character got a special episode you would have to wonder if that meant they were dying. Because sometimes if they resolved their issues they were gone

I have not watched this since season one and I only watched maybe 2 or 3 of the episodes. I stopped after I had talked to someone that I worked with and they said it was purgatory or atleast they thought it was. After thinking about it I agreed with them. I stopped watching at that point. I did want to see the season final and glad I just got done watching it on hulu. Still sucks I knew what it was form the first or second episod.

For whoever asked upthread, they aired a pop-up enhanced finale tonight, so you will probably be able to find it online if you're interested.

[quote name='sendme']I have not watched this since season one and I only watched maybe 2 or 3 of the episodes. I stopped after I had talked to someone that I worked with and they said it was purgatory or atleast they thought it was. After thinking about it I agreed with them. I stopped watching at that point. I did want to see the season final and glad I just got done watching it on hulu. Still sucks I knew what it was form the first or second episod.[/QUOTE]

No, the island wasn't purgatory, sorry, you're wrong.

[quote name='sendme']I have not watched this since season one and I only watched maybe 2 or 3 of the episodes. I stopped after I had talked to someone that I worked with and they said it was purgatory or atleast they thought it was. After thinking about it I agreed with them. I stopped watching at that point. I did want to see the season final and glad I just got done watching it on hulu. Still sucks I knew what it was form the first or second episod.[/QUOTE]

watch the finale again. the sideways world was purgatory. the island was real. geez

[quote name='Matt Young']I've watched the Lost series finale 5 times, and I've cried every time. I'm man enough to admit it, damn it. I spent years of my life watching those characters develop and their story unfold, and it was the greatest story ever told as far as I'm concerned, and I've read a lot of good books. The ending was sheer brilliance. I can't wait to re-watch the entire series for the umpteenth time.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely Matt. Most epic show ever. I'll admit it got a little misty in SIU country twice during the finale. Once when Kate and Jack FINALLY told each other they loved each other but yet wouldn't ever see each other again in their natural lives, and at the end in the church. Epic stuff.

[quote name='SIUfan']I agree completely Matt. Most epic show ever. I'll admit it got a little misty in SIU country twice during the finale. Once when Kate and Jack FINALLY told each other they loved each other but yet wouldn't ever see each other again in their natural lives, and at the end in the church. Epic stuff.[/QUOTE]

Actually, what get me tearing up is when Ben talks to Locke outside the church.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Actually, what get me tearing up is when Ben talks to Locke outside the church.[/QUOTE]
i 2nd that!!! It was so many things...the apology, the sincerity of it, and every reason not to forgive him but Locke did. Truly great ending that was full of emotion! I still lose sleep thinking about the ending.

God damn it. I preordered the Complete Collection since I liked the extras and it would actually be cheaper than buying seasons 1-4 and 6 on Blu-Ray (I have 5 on Blu-ray and 1-4 on DVD). But, my biggest fear has been confirmed- they fucked up the packaging.

While not nearly as bad as my seasons 1-5 set of 24, which was a "briefcase" holding a CD wallet sort of thing, we still don't get the real cases for each season. I can't really tell, but I don't even see how all 5 Blu-rays per season could even fit into the cases they show inside the box:

51YBEEb%2BLvL._SS400_.jpg

So, basically... shit.

They don't have a normal looking complete box set coming? One that doesn't look like a board game?

I'd want to get this as a gift for someone but that packaging is a joke.

So glad I skipped the complete collection and just got all the seasons individually (minus S6) on Amazon. I think I spent like $60 after rebates. Yeah, S3 has no slipcase, but they look nice enough on the shelf, certainly better than that godawful piece of shit pictured up above.

So what's better for posterity, Blu-Ray or DVD? DVDs look good on the right player and will probably play on many future devices. Will Blu-Ray continue in this fashion (CDs and DVDs) or will it become obsolete a la Laser Disc?

ok, lost was epic, but I can't watch it again... though I never watch anything twice unless it's godly epic.

one more rant.

Welcome to the new ABC = All 'Bout Cops

[quote name='willardhaven']So what's better for posterity, Blu-Ray or DVD? DVDs look good on the right player and will probably play on many future devices. Will Blu-Ray continue in this fashion (CDs and DVDs) or will it become obsolete a la Laser Disc?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

if anything dvd will be dropped when the next generation of home media devices come out. go with blu ray.

Well Blu-Ray market share is very low. DVD has been a giant for over a decade. I could imagine a next-gen tech (say Magic-DVD) coming in eventually (proprietary of course) which does not play Blu-Ray yet plays DVDs and CDs, thus making Blu-Ray obsolete.

Crazy idea?

Market share might be low, but saturation is climbing like crazy. For preorders of movies like Avatar, etc. the Blu-Ray sales are starting to decimate DVD sales.

It'll probably be a good 3-5 years before the trend of consumers opting for HD cause DVD to be discontinued by studios, and hence not carried by stores except maybe 10% of shelf space like when VHS was in its death throes.

For this show though, I'd get it on HD. It's one of the better looking Blu-Ray video quality samples out there, more often than not it's even superior to movies on Blu. The locales from the show benefit greatly from the extra "pop" color has on a 1080p HD. Even shows like Survivor over the air was like Dorothy waking up in Oz when you get hit by just how much better the show looks with the benefit of HD.

Well that and the price of a blu player... one invested heavy on DVDs and players now only mer $20, getting a sub $100 Blu player, and then buying Blus, only able to play on that one player, will take time.

I'd say by Black Friday we'll have sub $50 Blu players and there will be a massive surge at xmas. That's D-Day for DVDs.

if you have some sort of upconverter it doesn't look too bad on dvd, but IMO lost is one of the best looking blu ray you could pick up. i have the old dvds but i upgraded to the blu when they were released.

[quote name='xycury']
Welcome to the new ABC = All 'Bout Cops[/QUOTE]

CBS is the shitty cop show network, not ABC. ABC is all shady suburban housewives and horny doctors.

Wow, they are selling EVERYTHING! Sawyer's glasses, chunks of the plane, Locke's knives, Aaron's crib, costumes. And that's just from the season one PDF catalog.

I wonder if the DHARMA Beer that they're selling will actually have beer in it.

Drinking $200 fake beer seems like a nice way to spend the weekend, lol.

bread's done
Back