LOTR:War in the North $19.99 EB Canada

Cthulhu8u

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As the title says. It must have just dropped this week since it was $29.99 last week. Good PM opportunity from BB or FS.
Oh, and the CE is $39.99. Comes with a quiver, DLC and artbook.

The one with the Move support is Aragorn's quest, ie the game that was also on the Wii.

No idea if this one is good or not tho.

War in the North is alright. One of the better LOTR games. However, you fight wave after wave of enemies. I ended it up trading it in.

I'd only recommend it for coop gameplay. It does have splitsceen. I think you can even do splitscreen + online for 3 player coop (but don't quote me on that)

As a solo campaign, it can get VERY repetitive.

I picked it up for the co-op. I think you're correct on the splitscreen + online FHM, since it supports up to 3 players. I liked LOTR Conquest, although this one sounds more like an RPG than Battlefront with Elves.

The reviews seem OK, and its pretty cheap despite having only come out in November. I'm sure everyone will draw their own conclusions from that.

Futureshop is showing this game's CE as Final Clearance but it's marked $59.99 but EB's is $39.99 would Futureshop still price match it if it's marked Final Clearance ? I have a feeling no but i would Rather a definite for sure answer.

It should be fine since EB's listing is not clearance. FS just doesn't price-match a competitor's clearance.

[quote name='Mr.']It should be fine since EB's listing is not clearance. FS just doesn't price-match a competitor's clearance.[/QUOTE]

Ah Ok. i'll give it a try tomorrow then. unless someone says otherwise.

I changed my mind on this i was told of a common bug in the game that could make you have to play online with people and if that doesn't work starting the game over from the start... and i don't wanna buy a game where i can get a nasty bug like that .. so that's a deal breaker for me. :cry:

Really? Have you got a link to that? I know it updated when I installed it last night, and a pretty big update too. I hope it doesn't affect splitscreen.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Really? Have you got a link to that? I know it updated when I installed it last night, and a pretty big update too. I hope it doesn't affect splitscreen.[/QUOTE]

I take it this message was directed at me. now i may have forgotten to mention. it's the PS3 Version i was told about not sure if it's like this for 360 as well ... but a friend of mine on PS3 told me that this morning in message when i read it i just went back to bed and said heck with that then.

[quote name='EvilMario']Also $19.99 on Steam, for those that would prefer that.[/QUOTE]

If its that price on Steam, I'm sure we'll see it go on sale for $5 - $7.50 eventually.

bread's done
Back