LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

I will be using Liongames in the future just to support them. I'd much rather give my money to a business like this than to a huge chain like Best Buy/Circuit City, or the douches that run Gamestop/EBGames. I still save a few bucks and I'm a patient man, so I don't really care if I have to wait a few days extra to get a game.

[quote name='R0wdi']Ok, let me simplify it, $53+$5=$58, I would usually be paying around $64. So I would actually be saving $6.[/QUOTE]

Or you could order from Amazon and basically do the same thing.

I love Liongames' service but let's face it, the really good "deals" were the first group of specials that are run. A title that's $52.99 plus shipping is basically the same as pre-ordering it at Amazon (which doesn't charge for shipping and doesn't charge tax in most states either).

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Or you could order from Amazon and the difference is $1.00.

I love Liongames' service but let's face it, the better "deals" were the first group of specials that are run. A title that's $52.99 plus shipping is basically the same as pre-ordering it at Amazon (which doesn't charge for shipping and doesn't charge tax in most states either).[/quote]
Ok, but that still wasn't the argument, you asked me how I would save $4. So, if I were given the choice, I would rather pay liongames $58 than pay amazon $59, and plus, I would rather give my money to Tony, a small business, than amazon.

[quote name='R0wdi']Ok, but that still wasn't the argument, you asked me how I would save $4. So, if I were given the choice, I would rather pay liongames $58 than pay amazon $59, and plus, I would rather give my money to Tony, a small business, than amazon.[/quote]

Agreed. Especially if they are also providing us deals in the future.

I hear you guys, and Liongames' service is exceptional. If you've got trades it's still a great deal going on the new titles, so I guess I just need to buy more games so I can trade them in :)

not to mention that Amazon's "Free shipping" takes a hell of a lot longer than Tony's shipping for Liongames stuff. If you wanna be fair you gotta pay for amazon shipping too to get it in any reasonable timeframe so Liongames still wins.

not to mention amazon doesn't take used games, and certainly doesn't run deals where if you trade in games you save even more).

Hes not going to run the deals forever. Its your fault for waiting. He is also doing monthly deals so just be patient. I got Halo 3 and Gta 4 for 95 so yea

I just got in my used copy of Super Paper Mario I ordered from liongames.

THE GOOD:

Price was good.

Shipping was amazingly fast, and communication was spectacular.

The box and instructions were in excellent condition.

Tony put in a personally written note to enjoy my game which was nice.

THE BAD:

The disc had scratches on it (not too deep, but I am a bit worried they'll effect gameplay). I will admit that I am a bit of a scratch-nazi when it comes to used games though.

There was some goo smudged on the bottom of the disc, which I needed to wash off. It looked like caked on cheese-wiz or something. There was a little dallop of it on the disc.

Since the game didnt have any quality qualifiers in the title, it shouldve been in excellent condition. I had to clean the disc up, and the scratches kind of worry me. Its the type of thing I prolly wouldve passed on if I was at an ebgames or gamestop.

IN CONCLUSION:

Have to say I'm a little disapointed. I just wish the game description had listed scratches (or said it was in less than excellent condition), and the disc had been cleaned before shipping. I was hesitant to post this without contacting Tony at lionsgames directly first, but the condition of the game isnt bad enough to warrant paying shipping back to them, and waiting for them to get another copy, or getting a refund. I just wanted to share my experience with my fellow CAGers.

BTW: I've pre-ordered Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and GTA IV in full from liongames.

UPDATE: Was contacted by Tony from liongames very quickly after this post and he resolved the issue completely. Could not be happier and give a full recommendation.

Doh! I missed out on Mass Effect, GTA 4 and The Orange Box deals! Do you think Tony would be nice enough to bring it back? I did pre-order Halo 3 from him :lol:

[quote name='blackmetal']is tony going to be adding more releases soon? like UT3, uncharted, haze?[/quote]

Yes working that out now. Updating the date base should take place in a few days. I am just trying to catch up and it has been pretty hard to stay caught up for a few months. I see the light att he end of the tunnel

[quote name='majorscud']I just got in my used copy of Super Paper Mario I ordered from liongames.

THE GOOD:

Price was good.

Shipping was amazingly fast, and communication was spectacular.

The box and instructions were in excellent condition.

Tony put in a personally written note to enjoy my game which was nice.

THE BAD:

The disc had scratches on it (not too deep, but I am a bit worried they'll effect gameplay). I will admit that I am a bit of a scratch-nazi when it comes to used games though.

There was some goo smudged on the bottom of the disc, which I needed to wash off. It looked like caked on cheese-wiz or something. There was a little dallop of it on the disc.

Since the game didnt have any quality qualifiers in the title, it shouldve been in excellent condition. I had to clean the disc up, and the scratches kind of worry me. Its the type of thing I prolly wouldve passed on if I was at an ebgames or gamestop.

IN CONCLUSION:

Have to say I'm a little disapointed. I just wish the game description had listed scratches (or said it was in less than excellent condition), and the disc had been cleaned before shipping. I was hesitant to post this without contacting Tony at lionsgames directly first, but the condition of the game isnt bad enough to warrant paying shipping back to them, and waiting for them to get another copy, or getting a refund. I just wanted to share my experience with my fellow CAGers.

BTW: I've pre-ordered Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and GTA IV in full from liongames.[/quote]

Hello Major. Please shoot me an email with your invoice number. First of all you are my first complaint on a used game condition that i have received, except for two people that complained a bit about my video store stickers that were on a used game. Here is the process on my receiving used games. They go to the video store address. Then my manger calls me and says I got trades ins. He then inspects them, and if they are clean I get online and notify the customer. If he tells me they may not be excellent, I just wait until I look at the game myself. In this case I had no super marios that he told me to look at to judge for myself. So The scratches had to get by him. Then before I put the game in the envelope, I check to make sure the condition is excellent. So each game gets a double checking. I try to turn the disk at all angles in the light to make sure of the games condition. So maybe my lighting was bad or maybe I didnt think the game was bad enough to be downgraded. I am not sure about the gunk on the back. Either way the game somehow slipped through 2 checkpoints. Bottom line is the game is 100% guaranteed. Sometimes it is tough doing business through the mail. Iif we were face to face you could say yes or no. I could also say excellent condition or good condition. I have gotton harder on my trade ins. I turned down at least 6 games in two days, and downgraded a few more. Either way email me because I want you to be happy and I also want you to buy with total confidence.

Tony

[quote name='liongames']Yes working that out now. Updating the date base should take place in a few days. I am just trying to catch up and it has been pretty hard to stay caught up for a few months. I see the light att he end of the tunnel[/quote]

Well, keep up the good work and thanks for the great deals, and I look forward to seeing some more.

[quote name='liongames']Hello Major. Please shoot me an email with your invoice number. First of all you are my first complaint on a used game condition that i have received, except for two people that complained a bit about my video store stickers that were on a used game. Here is the process on my receiving used games. They go to the video store address. Then my manger calls me and says I got trades ins. He then inspects them, and if they are clean I get online and notify the customer. If he tells me they may not be excellent, I just wait until I look at the game myself. In this case I had no super marios that he told me to look at to judge for myself. So The scratches had to get by him. Then before I put the game in the envelope, I check to make sure the condition is excellent. So each game gets a double checking. I try to turn the disk at all angles in the light to make sure of the games condition. So maybe my lighting was bad or maybe I didnt think the game was bad enough to be downgraded. I am not sure about the gunk on the back. Either way the game somehow slipped through 2 checkpoints. Bottom line is the game is 100% guaranteed. Sometimes it is tough doing business through the mail. Iif we were face to face you could say yes or no. I could also say excellent condition or good condition. I have gotton harder on my trade ins. I turned down at least 6 games in two days, and downgraded a few more. Either way email me because I want you to be happy and I also want you to buy with total confidence.

Tony[/quote]

Now that's customer support.

I ordered the Halo 3 Collector's edition and was pretty glad to get a good deal on it. I can't wait until it shows up at my door in a few short weeks. I am curious Tony, are you planning on having any deals on the new Oblivion game of the year edition?

Tony I sent you a PM with a quick question I had posted earlier, but I know that you are busy and probably didn't get a chance to see it.

I made my first purchase from Liongames with the Halo 3, Mass Effect and Bioshock deals. I was skeptical until I read this thread and now I am anxiuous for some more great deals. Get some more up and you will have my $$$$$.

When you say that Call of Duty 4 is $37.99 with three trade-ins, do you still get credit for the three games you trade in but you also get $5 extra off Call of Duty for each game you trade in?

Will Tony let me cancel my Halo preorder and refund my money if I want to jump on the BB Halo deal?

Or do you think I should just keep my preorder for a 50 dollar collectors edition and sell it to break even or make a small profit?

[quote name='saddamizer']Will Tony let me cancel my Halo preorder and refund my money if I want to jump on the BB Halo deal?

Or do you think I should just keep my preorder for a 50 dollar collectors edition and sell it to break even or make a small profit?[/quote]

You may cancel. If the invoice is less then 60 days old I just reverse the payment. Over 60 days I can cut you a check or give you store credit.

[quote name='Unickuta']When you say that Call of Duty 4 is $37.99 with three trade-ins, do you still get credit for the three games you trade in but you also get $5 extra off Call of Duty for each game you trade in?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if the trades can be Xbox or PS2 games? And I just want to make sure that I understand this, if the deal says whatever game for $43.99 with 2 trades then you get the game for $43.99 plus the credit for the games traded? If that is the case and the trades can include Xbox and PS2 game I am all over this site! Even if you can't get the game deal with Xbox or PS2 games I might still be all over this! Thanks ahead of time Tony!

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']Does anyone know if the trades can be Xbox or PS2 games? And I just want to make sure that I understand this, if the deal says whatever game for $43.99 with 2 trades then you get the game for $43.99 plus the credit for the games traded? If that is the case and the trades can include Xbox and PS2 game I am all over this site! Even if you can't get the game deal with Xbox or PS2 games I might still be all over this! Thanks ahead of time Tony![/quote]
You can if their trade in values are $10 over

Please remember the trade in rules. Trade value must be over $10 and in excellent condition with box and directions.

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']Does anyone know if the trades can be Xbox or PS2 games? And I just want to make sure that I understand this, if the deal says whatever game for $43.99 with 2 trades then you get the game for $43.99 plus the credit for the games traded? If that is the case and the trades can include Xbox and PS2 game I am all over this site! Even if you can't get the game deal with Xbox or PS2 games I might still be all over this! Thanks ahead of time Tony![/quote]

I am not doing trades on Xbox and PS2 any longer. I am only dealing with next generation systems such as Xbox360, PS3, and Wii.

I understand it'd be a huge undertaking to do so, but it'd be awesome if you could add Nintendo DS games to your site. On the one hand, it's more inventory to deal with, but on the other hand, DS games are much more frequently Mint/Complete than disc-based games and I feel like there's a pretty strong demand.

You'd have my business! Just my two cents! Keep up the good work.

Just another positive reputation post for liongames.com here..

Just pre ordered Halo 3 and bought Splinter Cell Double Agent. Very pleased with the service and communication. Game got here in 3 days.

Thanks

I just threw my hat in for a Metroid Prime 3 pre-order. I traded in Wii Sonic and Metal Slug and ended up paying $10 for MP3. Not too shabby. Tony it would be cool if you dealt in DS/PSP games too.

Heres a start to the

FAQ

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which mean I should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick as fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower te price)

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes

[quote name='R0wdi']When was assassin's creed $40? Are you talking the 360 version?[/quote] yes .the preorder was $39.99

[quote name='R0wdi']I thought assassin's creed for the 360's price was $48, I already have a $10 deposit and the balance left is $38.[/quote]
when i deposited the money the price was $39.99 so hopefully ,Tony will honor that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back