LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

[quote name='slickkill77']From 7-17 through 7-22 he increased 400+ orders[/QUOTE]

The orders are a bit inflated for those with deposits as you have two order numbers. One for the deposit and one for the balance but definitely a significatn increase in traffic.

Just placed my preorder for :360: Call of Duty 4 w/one trade-in. FEAR will be shipping out tomorrow Tony...thanks for the great deals!!!

Oh shit! Just noticed Mass Effect for $39.99...wow...when does this end?

Since everyone says they're trustworthy, I did the $10 deposit on Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed.

As the poster above stated, if the price flies back up to $60, will I still only owe $30?

Did they stop allowing a $10 deposit? All of the new games, Tiger Woods 08 COD4 etc., only allow you to pay the full amount. I would like to preorder a couple of games but if I have to pay the $53 or so then I will just wait.

[quote name='gorgo'] Flat rate makes it much easier than having to calculate exact shipping for different parts of the country with slightly different weight of games. The price also covers, as mail order ALWAYS HAS, shipping and HANDLING. Give him a break for the extra dollar or something that he might be making off the shipping. Any online retailer does the same thing.[/quote]

He can make the Flat rate $3.25 or so... I have shipped games to Hawaii and shipping was $2.50 first class... :roll:

The prices are good, but the shipping charges remove most of the advantage, at least for those of us who only buy a game at a time.

Ok so you get $15 off the prices...WTF is wrong with you people. And you save on tax. What you want free shipping too? Go back to Eb games if your going to be ungrateful good lord

[quote name='evilwrath666']Because paying $17 more is SO much better[/quote]

It so is. I think I should cancel all my pre-orders. I mean saving money on games and having to pay $5 a pop for shipping. The math doesn't add up.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok so you get $15 off the prices...WTF is wrong with you people. And you save on tax. What you want free shipping too? Go back to Eb games if your going to be ungrateful good lord[/QUOTE]

Why the heck do I need to be grateful. Liongames is a business not charity. People can choose to take their money and spend it where ever we can get the best deal. And with the exception of 4 games Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect and GTA there are no $15 savings. (AC and Half Life at $48.99 or $11 before shipping and If I miss one or two other games so be it) The majority of his Coming soon games are $52.99 and $53.99 for 360/ps3 and $44.99 for Wii. Add $5 shipping and where is your savings? Not to mention the fact that you are tying your money up sometimes 5 to 6 months out (This is beyond where you normally can dispute a credit card or paypal charge as well). I don't understand the fanatical defense of Liongames whenever someone mentions that his shipping charges for multi games is out of line (and I notice in his recent post he nevers mentions that he would combine shipping on orders as mentioned by one of the previous posters)

Does he have a few good deals..sure. Does he seem to provide good customer service...according to the posts here yes. But in the end he is running a business and he offers these games at super low or below cost to attract business and bring people to his site. It is a cost of business and not something he is doing out of the goodness of his heart.

edited to add that he also added PS3 Splinter cell for $42.99

It is clearly worth it for Halo3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and GTA IV. A savings of 15 bucks or 13.50 if you go priority off MSRP is worth tying up the money a month to 3 months in advance. He even offered those early birds a massive discount on the Legendary Halo 3 just because he wanted to prove that he would stick to his word on the price. The other deals with the trade ins or what not are a matter of opinion. This is all assuming it works out in the future, which I have confidence in due to his coming through up to this point. Hovever if I get my games on or closely to near the release date, I am coming in this thread to gloat my ass off about those who missed out.

He has said he will combine the shipping charges earlier in the thread. If you don't want to go back and research it then don't.

People are fanatical because he has provided amazing customer support and has been responsive to all the requests of the people on here. He offers good deals AT A LOSS at his site. I am saving $60 by purchasing 3 games at $40 instead of $60. That means by buying here, which he is providing sales for games at A LOSS, I have banked enough money for another game.

If your not happy with the prices, go elsewhere. Spend $60 plus tax on those big titles instead of $40 plus $5 shipping. The difference in price between the two is close to $20.

(Finally) In for Bioshock and Mass Effect; I'm going to hold out for a deal on the GTA4 LE. I know it will be a long time, if ever, before I see a deal on the GS/EB exclusive Bioshock LE.

Fully Paid for Halo 3. Pre Ordered Mass Effect and GTA IV. Im thinking of going back and getting assassins creed for cheap. Is assassins creed deal ending tommrow?

I believe so.

Lets see: Halo 3 is $40, GTA 4 is $43 and shipping = $10. So thats $93 total.
At eb it would be: Halo 3 $63, GTA 4 $63 = $126...

Assassins Creed on ps3 or 360?

Edit: Snagged PS3 version.

So i ended up getting Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, GTA IV, And Halo 3 from Lion Games.

Man this guy brought some deals. He should consider getting some bigger name PC games as i know there are alot this year.

I said screw it and Pre-ordered Halo3, MassEffect and Bioshock.

Saved $40 bucks and a trip to the store!

Oh baby.

Note: Priority was just 4.50 (for 3 games) more. I couldn't miss out on jumping on it.

oh shiz im a vet, didnt know that :0

Just made the biggest videogame invesment of my life.

BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, & GTA IV shipped for a total of $190.
Total savings of $54.

The sad part is that I still plan to get other games like Assassin's Creed, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Beautiful Katamari, & the Orange Box. My wallet isn't feeling too good this time of year, which is made worse because of the fact that Christmas is just around the corner.

[quote name='brianffrpg']Just made the biggest videogame invesment of my life.

BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, & GTA IV shipped for a total of $190.
Total savings of $54.

The sad part is that I still plan to get other games like Assassin's Creed, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Beautiful Katamari, & the Orange Box. My wallet isn't feeling too good this time of year, which is made worse because of the fact that Christmas is just around the corner.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the same except Bioshock, I figured since so many CAG's were buying it that I'd wait and pick up a like new copy from someone. But I'll be in for the Orange box & Call of Duty 4. I thought I'd possibly trade GTA 4 & Mass Effect for Assassins Creed.

[quote name='greedycheese']I am putting in a request for a Rock Band special.[/QUOTE]

good luck w/ that.. is it to santa clause or the tooth fairy?

GTA IV for 360 doesn't have a deposit option. this ends soon... am I not looking in the right place? There are both options for the ps3, but only a full payment for 360.

[quote name='isochronus']How in the world can this possibly stay afloat if he is taking a loss with sales?[/QUOTE]
It's not a loss on everything, just some select games.

His previous explanation is that instead of spending money on advertising, he uses that same capital to reduce prices on selected big games. This way, every single dollar used for 'advertising' is actually targetted to the intended audience. The idea is that you will have a positive experience and return to purchase other items which provide a net profit to the business (like used games), and from there, utilize word-of-mouth to further advertise his business.

He also has a physical store in Connecticut which presumably generates profit enough to finance the online portion of the business until it is self-sustaining.

[quote name='velvet396']GTA IV for 360 doesn't have a deposit option. this ends soon... am I not looking in the right place? There are both options for the ps3, but only a full payment for 360.[/quote]

yes I'm quoting myself because I want to add a question:

Somone mentioned combining shipping charges. Does that mean if I've already pre-ordered Halo3 that I can do a pre-order for GTA IV and they'll waive the shipping charge if I contact them?

[quote name='velvet396']yes I'm quoting myself because I want to add a question:

Somone mentioned combining shipping charges. Does that mean if I've already pre-ordered Halo3 that I can do a pre-order for GTA IV and they'll waive the shipping charge if I contact them?[/quote]

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is that it's $5 (or whatever you choose as your shipping rate) per order. However, if the games are pre-orders and have different ship dates, it changes to $5 per game.

So, if you were to order a handful of used games, that'd be $5 shipping...but if you pre-order BioShock and Assasin's Creed, it's $5 per game since they have different release dates.

[quote name='expane']good luck w/ that.. is it to santa clause or the tooth fairy?[/quote]

I was thinking Liongames.com but if you can get me in touch with santa that would be great. That dude hasn't answered my letters in, like, forvever.

Last time I asked about a game (Orange Box) Tony had it up within a week and I happily pre-ordered. I figure it dosen't hurt to ask.

[quote name='greedycheese']I was thinking Liongames.com but if you can get me in touch with santa that would be great. That dude hasn't answered my letters in, like, forvever.

Last time I asked about a game (Orange Box) Tony had it up within a week and I happily pre-ordered. I figure it dosen't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

im just thinking Rock Band and Orange Box "deals" are going to be real hard to come by.... both of those games are MAJOR 07 releases IMO :) and considering RB has hardware, its tough to get those at a discount especially since he isnt a big box and cant get 100 of them in stock like a best buy can is all :)

Im shocked he has deals on GTAIV

I just got my order after paying in full for BioShock (sunday nite) I bought Forza 2 (used) and a friend had me order Fight Nite 3 (used) they both arrived today

we shipped priority 2-3day, by the way its $5 s/h each Game

Forza 2 is in perfect condition and even has the 48hr XBL gold trial unused.

Great Experience.l.
now just have to pay off the other pre-orders
Mass Effect & Assissin's Creed

[quote name='kojubat']It's not a loss on everything, just some select games.

His previous explanation is that instead of spending money on advertising, he uses that same capital to reduce prices on selected big games. This way, every single dollar used for 'advertising' is actually targetted to the intended audience. The idea is that you will have a positive experience and return to purchase other items which provide a net profit to the business (like used games), and from there, utilize word-of-mouth to further advertise his business.

He also has a physical store in Connecticut which presumably generates profit enough to finance the online portion of the business until it is self-sustaining.[/quote]

Yeah its basically loss leader strategy. Sell a few big name games at a loss for a limited amount of time to get people into the store. I know i'm much more likely to shop there now if I get my orders for $44.99 shipped and can save $15 at launch.

To be honest without that game savings i'd have never even gave his site a look.

Just curious...I figure this has been answered somewhere else in the thread but I am work and don't have time to sort through 30 pages. If I put the $10 deposit down on BioShock and the price has gone back up by the time I pay it off, do I now pay the full payoff price ($49.99) or still the cheaper payoff price ($29.99).

You pay the cheaper price. And BTW, you have to pay off Bioshock ASAP since Tony has said he needed to get in his orders by Monday and it already has been 3 days since.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Anyone know how much time is left to pre-order mass effect and bioshock??[/quote]

Mass Effect is tonight at 12:00 and it might be too late to preorder Bioshock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back