Lots of Guitar Hero Stuff on Sale at CC + Free X-plorer w/any 360 GH Game or Bundle

VxExLxVxExT

CAGiversary!
CheapyD Update:

Update: In addition to these deals, CC is throwing in a free X-Plorer (sold separately for $10) wired guitar with any GH Xbox 360 game or bundle.

iconcircuitcity.gif
Les Paul Wireless Guitar (PS3/360/Wii) $19.99
:360:Guitar Hero II Guitar Bundle - $24.96
:ps2:Kramer Striker Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps2:Activision Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps3:Peak Starpex Guitar for PS2 & PS3 - $89.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero III Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Drum Throne - $14.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Mic Stand - $12.49

Original Post:

the GHIII wireless Les Paul is on sale for $19.99 at CC, but ONLY the one for the PS3 is $19.99, and the 360 one is still $39.99 for some reason. i didn't price verify the 360 one in the store, because i didn't need one, but on the website they're still listed at $39.99. i'm not sure when this deal ends, but it's still one of the best wireless game guitars around, so definitely look into it if you need a 2nd guitar for RB or GH...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206603&cc_fm=Toolbox+Cart

also, the Mad Catz 3 guitar stand scanned for only $14.99 when i took it to the register, so i picked one of those up too. i don't know if it's a YMMV, because it is still listed for $29.99 on the CC website, but no one modified the price and it definitely came up half price when i went to pay for it. and this was at a regular CC, not one that's closing with clearance prices...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=215656&cc_fm=Recently+Viewed+Items

EDIT: a member said in this thread that the GHIII LP for the 360 is also on sale for $19.99, even though it's still listed at regular price on their website...

EDIT 2: if you're interested in a Drum Throne or Mic Stand for either RB or GH:WT, look at the other thread i started, because the Verge Drum Throne and Verge Mic Stand are currently half price at CC too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this compatibile with all the GH heroes for the PS3 as well as all both Rock Bands? Just making sure before I purchase it.

Man, I'm all over this. I just got Rock Band 2 and needed a 2nd guitar and considered the Nyko Frontman but for the same price, I'll go with this since it is supposed to be very good. I need to check real quick to see compatibility though but I think it is now.

Great price.

While I'm pretty sure this is true, I wanted to ask--I could get the Rock Band standalone game without instruments and just use this guitar without the drums or microphone to play the full game, right? I know that kind of defeats the purpose, but I could justify those costs a heck of a lot easier to my significant other than spending $100+ for the full RB set.

You could always try checking out your local TRU still or get an ad and price match. I just got the Rock Band 2 set for $109 along with a $25 gift card. I was thinking the same thing as you until I came across that deal. Now I'm going to end up essentially having Rock Band 2 SE and an extra Les Paul for bass at a grand total of just over $110. Not a bad Christmas gift.

That guitar has some problems, but may not bother some of you. The guitar neck detaches, and sometimes the connection becomes loose during gameplay, causing you to miss notes. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm in for one, this'll be my 6th guitar (but I'm giving it to a friend). I don't need a stand, since I'd have to buy more than one to hold them all anyway. Is the Verge mic stand they sell any good? I'm interested in getting one but there's no info about it since it's their in-house brand. Anyway, nice find on the guitar!

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']That guitar has some problems, but may not bother some of you. The guitar neck detaches, and sometimes the connection becomes loose during gameplay, causing you to miss notes. Just thought I'd throw that out there.[/quote]

Actually mine that I ordered from Redoctane had some problem with the strum bar I believe. Basically everything would be fine on songs like Slow Ride, but anytime you needed to strum a lot in a rapid sequence I would suddenly miss some notes. I tried the same song with the world tour guitar with no problems so I have to assume it wasn't my shitty playing. I'm hoping that this guitar works like it should and I won't have to fight to exchange it (since I doubt CC will let me).

Just got back from CC, they have stack and stacks of them at the Tustin CC. IN fact, I'd say a good portion of their store is taken up by plastic instruments and the like. Can confirm I saw all systems guitars for $20. They also have the world tour complete guitar/game bundle for $80 which is not as good as the red octane deals if they're still going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I need to seriously consider the aesthetic/organizational advantages of having three relatively space-eating triple guitar stands vs. my current way of just leaning 9 plastic guitars against the wall behind my TV.

Is the stand okay for Les Pauls? I've got two of the LPs and a RB guitar heading my way Christmas day(CAG was VERY good to my family this holiday season) and I was thinking about this stand.

In for 1 and trading a game of mine to a friend for his copy of Rock Band. Woo! Now I just gotta get a cheap RB2, GH3, and GHWT.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']That guitar has some problems, but may not bother some of you. The guitar neck detaches, and sometimes the connection becomes loose during gameplay, causing you to miss notes. Just thought I'd throw that out there.[/quote]
that was only really a problem with the original ones. i've played on about 6 of them, and never once had a problem with any of them. that's not to say that someone can't get a bad one, but like i said it was really only a problem when GIII first came out, and i haven't heard of anyone locally having a problem with the neck...

[quote name='BlueSwim']Is the stand okay for Les Pauls? I've got two of the LPs and a RB guitar heading my way Christmas day(CAG was VERY good to my family this holiday season) and I was thinking about this stand.[/quote]
it's actually perfect for the Les Paul, because the neck of the LP is evenly shaped and balanced. it's DEFINITELY worth it...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']it's actually perfect for the Les Paul, because the neck of the LP is evenly shaped and balanced. it's DEFINITELY worth it...[/quote]
AWESOME!!! Thank you very much.:D:D:D

[quote name='hobomatt']was at CC last night and saw this, the 360 version is $19.99 in-store...don't know why its still listed as $39.99 on the website[/quote]
probably the same reason the stand is $14.99 but listed at $29.99 on the website, maybe they just never got around to changing it...

it just sucks though, because i actually want to pick up 2 more stands as X-Mas gifts for co-workers, but it's snowing pretty bad here. i would just order it online, but i don't feel like paying double...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']probably the same reason the stand is $14.99 but listed at $29.99 on the website, maybe they just never got around to changing it...

it just sucks though, because i actually want to pick up 2 more stands as X-Mas gifts for co-workers, but it's snowing pretty bad here. i would just order it online, but i don't feel like paying double...[/quote]
If you order it online for instore pickup and pick it up before the instore price changes, they automatically give it to you for the instore price. (Actually, they give you a refund of the difference.)

This happened when I bought a printing calculator there in November. I bought it online for $45, and it was $30 instore. I didn't even know, and they refunded me $15 when I picked it up.

After trying two of the PS3 Les paul I would not recommend them to any serious player. I think it's something in their design that they are not meant for rapid fire down strumming. It just won't register every strum on songs like barracuda where you need to do three quick strums in a row. I have no problem keeping a streak using the world tour guitar but on both of the Les Pauls I have tried on numerous lag calibrated/non lag calibration settings it will break streak. I can actually keep a streak by up and down strumming but I don't think that's an acceptable "fix".

This is my experience with the PS3 Les Pauls; I am a bit of a perfectionist I suppose but I want the damn guitar to work on the quick strumming expert tier songs. I would not recommend buying the GH3 guitar and just get a World Tour guitar if you want to play the harder songs.

Dammit...just bought a second Les Paul from Overstock for $27...only about a $5 difference after tax, but it's still bothersome.

For those interested in Rock Band compatibility on PS3, I only use the Les Paul now, and firmly believe that it is the perfection of the toy guitar in terms of balance/feel/accuracy (it could look a bit better aesthetically though).

Highly recommended at $20.

The Xplorer (360) is better than the Les Paul, and it's only $10 at CC, but if you want wireless, Les Paul is the way to go.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']That guitar has some problems, but may not bother some of you. The guitar neck detaches, and sometimes the connection becomes loose during gameplay, causing you to miss notes. Just thought I'd throw that out there.[/QUOTE]

My wireless LP started having that problem, so I searched around and found a business card fix. Cut a thick business card and slide it under the neck portion before attaching to the body. Keeps the connection secure.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']the GHIII wireless Les Paul is on sale for $19.99 at CC, but ONLY the one for the PS3 is $19.99, and the 360 one is still $39.99 for some reason. i didn't price verify the 360 one in the store, because i didn't need one, but on the website they're still listed at $39.99. i'm not sure when this deal ends, but it's still one of the best wireless game guitars around, so definitely look into it if you need a 2nd guitar for RB or GH...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206603&cc_fm=Toolbox+Cart

also, the Mad Catz 3 guitar stand scanned for only $14.99 when i took it to the register, so i picked one of those up too. i don't know if it's a YMMV, because it is still listed for $29.99 on the CC website, but no one modified the price and it definitely came up half price when i went to pay for it. and this was at a regular CC, not one that's closing with clearance prices...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=215656&cc_fm=Recently+Viewed+Items

EDIT: a member said in this thread that the GHIII LP for the 360 is also on sale for $19.99, even though it's still listed at regular price on their website...

EDIT 2: if you're interested in a Drum Throne or Mic Stand for either RB or GH:WT, look at the other thread i started, because the Verge Drum Throne and Verge Mic Stand are currently half price at CC too...[/quote]

I went to the Florence, KY store and bought the last 2 stands they had for $14.99. Works with all my guitars.

QFT :bomb: mine was from Dec-Jan 08 batch. I'm glad I upgraded to the guitar from GHWT no issue so far with that :D

[quote name='Coraanu']My wireless LP started having that problem, so I searched around and found a business card fix. Cut a thick business card and slide it under the neck portion before attaching to the body. Keeps the connection secure.[/quote]

Thx for the tip. My little brother is gonna be happy :)

At the Altamonte Springs (Orlando North) store, the stands rang up at $14.99, but came up as "Wii Fit Pulse Pak." Probably a mixed up UPC in their system, so jump on the deal soon if you want it.

The Gamer Savings Card worked on the stand and drum throne when I bought them today, so yay, more savings!

[quote name='BlueSwim']YMMV on the stand. My CC still has it for $30.[/quote]
the description on my receipt says social gaming, and the model number is MCZ MOV55897. ask someone in the store to check the price on something, and give them that model number, and see if it comes up $14.99...

Well, I placed an online order for the stand at $30, and will pick it up tomorrow. If it does not adjust to $14.99 when I pick it up, I'll return it.

Bought a PS3 Les Paul and it drops notes like crazy. I tried the same song with a World Tour guitar and had no dropped notes. These are songs I know and can easily beat, mind you.

Going to return it. Hopefully the next one will be better. This guitar has been a nightmare so far. It drops almost every other note!

Haven't had any issues with the PS3 GH:Aerosmith Les Paul guitar on GH3, or either RB game-- granted I'm not the greatest player anyway, but did they maybe "fix" some of the guitar problems quietly? (just something for people buying to think about)

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']the description on my receipt says social gaming, and the model number is MCZ MOV55897. ask someone in the store to check the price on something, and give them that model number, and see if it comes up $14.99...[/quote]
I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks, man.:cool:

[quote name='Justin42']granted I'm not the greatest player anyway, but did they maybe "fix" some of the guitar problems quietly? (just something for people buying to think about)[/quote]
well, the original ones from a year ago certainly did have some problems, but for the most part the ones made after that have been pretty good. it's like anything else made in mass production, there's always a chance you may get a bad one, but for the most part it's not going to happen. like i said before, i've played on about 6 different ones in the last year, and not one of them gave me a problem out of the box...

if you're worried about it that much, you can always just buy the GH:WT guitar bundle, just so you can ebay the game and keep the guitar...

Picked up the X360 Les Paul for $19.99 at Circuit City in Tyler, TX. Also picked up their last X360 Xplorer for $10.

Well, appears that the online SKU for the guitar stand and the in-store SKU do not match. I went to pick up my online order and it came up with an error when they scanned the stand against my online receipt.

They scanned the stand by itself. I asked if the price was the same, and they said yeah, but not sure they were really looking. They just said to take it.

In any case, I went through with it, but got it for $30. I'll probably return it after the holidays. I'll probably end up with the same issue when I return it.

Has anybody had any luck playing Rock Band 2 with the PS3 Les Paul? I went to Circuit City for a replacement guitar and it still misses notes. I calibrated everything, so I am at a loss.

When I then turn on my Guitar Hero World Tour guitar and calibrate it to its settings, I can hit every single note. This is insane. I wanted to buy another guitar so my friends can come over and play. But this has been a disaster.

Might just try and get a refund.

What mode are you playing on? I have no trouble on medium, but I kinda suck at the higher levels anyway so I can't blame the guitar. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']What mode are you playing on? I have no trouble on medium, but I kinda suck at the higher levels anyway so I can't blame the guitar. ;)[/quote]

I play on expert. I can get top 10 scores on scorehero. Really play this game WAY too much. But the thing is, I even try an easy song just to test it and it drops random notes. I turn on my World Tour guitar, no dropped notes.

I either got a bad batch or something is going on at my Circuit City. Never had trouble with any other guitars except this one.

I just tested mine out by hooking it up to my macbook pro and tried Frets on Fire for the first time. It worked great. I just plugged in the receiver in the usb port and set the buttons to the right keys and I was playing right away. I stink though...

[quote name='Se7en69']Has anybody had any luck playing Rock Band 2 with the PS3 Les Paul? I went to Circuit City for a replacement guitar and it still misses notes. I calibrated everything, so I am at a loss.

When I then turn on my Guitar Hero World Tour guitar and calibrate it to its settings, I can hit every single note. This is insane. I wanted to buy another guitar so my friends can come over and play. But this has been a disaster.

Might just try and get a refund.[/quote]

From what I've gathered from reading the scorehero forum, the PS3 Les Paul is shit. It's something like the signal the wireless dongle uses creates a variable lag that calibration can't fix. It is something that affects all PS3 Les Pauls due to the hardware components they use. Both my the Les Pauls I tried had this issue straight out of the box which pissed me off. Supposedly the 360 ones are fine though.

To be fair, the lag is only REALLY noticeable when you're playing on expert and you need to downstrum a lot like on Barracuda. That's the song I used to test anyway. The World tour guitar handled it just fine, but both Les Pauls broke streak.

I just took the les paul back and got a refund with no hassles. I'm guessing you'll just have to wait till they sell the world tour guitars on their own if you want an extra one since that's the only wireless ps3 guitar that actually works.

bread's done
Back