Lots of people still playing Wi-Fi? i.e Which games are dead?

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
I just got the Wi-Fi adapter today... I know on Xbox Live, alot of older games really aren't played very often anymore. I've popped in Tetris DS and found some opponents really quickly... I assume this and Mario Kart are still played very often? Are there any Wi-Fi games that are dead and no one plays?

Anyone? Mostly just wondering if Clubhouse Games still has a strong Wi-Fi aspect, meaning I can pop it in, find games very quickly, and play some quick games.

I'm amazed at the speed of which I can find players on Tetris.

Sure, Clubhouse Games really depends on which game you want to play, but it usually doesn't take extremely long to find someone.

[quote name='keithp']Sure, Clubhouse Games really depends on which game you want to play, but it usually doesn't take extremely long to find someone.[/QUOTE]

Was it ever released in Japan?

Majority of people I play against in Tetris are Japanese, which dosen't bother me at all. If it was released in Japan, then I know it'll still be alive since everyone has a DS over there :lol: I'm avoiding Mario Kart DS for the most part because of the snaking aspect which apparently killed the game.

ClubHouse is a remake of a Japanese DS game called "Daredemo asobi taisen," but the Japanese version, which is much, much older, has no wifi.

It doesn't seem like they are about to release ClubHouse in Japan, it would essentially be a re-release of "Daredemo" with wifi tagged on.

But we do have MahJong DS with wifi in Japan, LOL.
And that is traditional MJ, not the weird matching tile game found in ClubHouse, I think that is technically "Shanghai"...

Most games on Clubhouse Games are easy to find other people to play. I was playing this all last night with an old college roommate. This is one of the most addictive games on the DS. They need to have Dr. Mario in Wifi on the DS!

Roufuss, I haven't played Clubhouse myself in a while. For a short time there we had a nice gathering of CAG's that played it together. However, right after release I found it to be very hit or miss with respect to random opponents. I always had a hell of a hard time finding people to play Hearts. Things like Texas Hold 'em are easier. So don't assume any difficulties you might have are because the game is not new - they were there from the beginning. It's just part of the problem of there being SO MANY games to choose from within that package. But I'd like to know if you find anything still active (in the random hookup sense, not using friend's codes obviously).

Both Mario Kart and Tetris I have only played a few times each not even using Wi-Fi (though I did one Mario Kart race online before snaking was big). I should really get back to those at some point.

Well I tried playing Star Fox Command online the other day and couldn't find anyone. I played some Metroid Prime Hunters back a few months ago and there seemed to be plenty of people playing but I didn't feel like learning the rulesets, level layouts, and item locations, so I only played the one time.

I tried playing Clubhouse Games at release and had no trouble bowling or playing chess, but everything else took forever to find anyone to play. I played some Mario Kart and won a few rounds before I found a snaker. All this game needed was Wifi battle and I'd play it everyday, but for some reason they couldn't do that, snaking would do shit for those people in battle mode.

Honestly, I'm not having much fun with the DS wifi connectivity, I just wish I knew more people with DS's so I could play locally, which is always really fun.

Oh, and I can always find people to play Tetris, which freaking rocks, btw.

[quote name='Shion']But we do have MahJong DS with wifi in Japan, LOL.
And that is traditional MJ, not the weird matching tile game found in ClubHouse, I think that is technically "Shanghai"...[/QUOTE]

Hey could you tell me the title of that MahJong game so I could import it?

I still play CHG online fairly often... mostly Bowling and Hold'em. I really wish the Hold'em commitment wasn't for TWENTY freaking hands. That is a LOT! So many people drop out before they're all done. Bowling is great, though.

Tetris online is about 18x better than normal Tetris. Not sure why.

I've been having a hard time finding people to play tetris ds with online at night.. but that's probably because i kick so much ass in that game that people cower in fear upon seeing my name and immediately disconnect.. that or im just on at the wrong time.

Weird... I find people really easily no matter when I play.

They are usually Japanese, though, which makes sense cause when it's 4 am over here it's like 7 pm over there.

[quote name='jbuck138'] They need to have Dr. Mario in Wifi on the DS![/quote]

totally agree. dr. mario online would be fun. still have old NES hooked up for this game.

From my experience with Mario Kart, I've never really run into the snaking problem like others claim to have experienced. I would suggest at least trying it out, especially if you own the game. I've had quite a bit of fun playing other people online.

[quote name='David85']I'm just hoping the Wii Online isn't as bad as the DS one turned out to be.[/quote]The actual service itself is awesome (rarely get dropped or have any lag), just not enough used it.

bread's done
Back