Lumines 1 on PSP

solisnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've been trying to find this for a couple months though, I saw it new at FYE for $20 last month, shoulda picked it up. Went into Gamestop yesterday and they had it for $17.99 used with no case or manual, I was about to cough up the money for it...but then it rang up as $26.99. They asked if I still wanted it. I asked why it was $26.99 when it was $17.99 and he said "Oh, that must've been before the price went back up." I got kinda pissed off since he wouldn't give me the tagged price of $17.99. There's no way I was paying fucking $27 for a used PSP game thats around 2 years old and has no case or manual with it. I left without getting it.

Isn't there a law they have to sell it price as marked?

Anyways, can someone help me find this game, I don't want to pay more than $20-25. That's in my price range. Will be willing to trade, or even borrow it. I just need it to downgrade my PSP that's been collecting dust since I stopped playing Portable Ops for it.

Try TRU, it's 13.98 (11.88 this week with the extra 15% off clearance).

The game is going for $35+ on Amazon and eBay, so most retailers are picked clean. That's the very reason Gamestop jacked their prices up, to cash in on the increased demand.

As far as selling you the game for the marked price, I don't think there's a law. But most stores have a policy regarding it, stating that you get it for the marked price. I don't know where Gamestop stands on this issue. This is from their site:
Store Issues
If you have an issue with a store, please contact the GameStop.com Customer Service Center at 1-800-883-8895. At the menu press 1 to be directed to Store Issues. They will be able to assist you with any issue you may have regarding stores. Hours of operation: Open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (CST); Saturday - Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) .

You might get a helpful response.

[quote name='solisnk']I've been trying to find this for a couple months though, I saw it new at FYE for $20 last month, shoulda picked it up. Went into Gamestop yesterday and they had it for $17.99 used with no case or manual, I was about to cough up the money for it...but then it rang up as $26.99. They asked if I still wanted it. I asked why it was $26.99 when it was $17.99 and he said "Oh, that must've been before the price went back up." I got kinda pissed off since he wouldn't give me the tagged price of $17.99. There's no way I was paying fucking $27 for a used PSP game thats around 2 years old and has no case or manual with it. I left without getting it.

Isn't there a law they have to sell it price as marked?

Anyways, can someone help me find this game, I don't want to pay more than $20-25. That's in my price range. Will be willing to trade, or even borrow it. I just need it to downgrade my PSP that's been collecting dust since I stopped playing Portable Ops for it.[/quote]

i have 3 of them but they are most likely going to ebay...........unless your willing to trade or offer cash

(one of them GH Sealed NEW, and a used one bought from blockbuster non GH Complete, and the last one is pending in from a trade i am in the middle of)

but for the most part all the stores are picked clean for the same reason your looking for one

[quote name='whoknows']I'd say buy the one from Gamestop, downgrade your PSP and then return it. Easiest option if you don't want it to play.[/quote]

or just rent the game for block buster..

My Blockbuster doesn't even have PSP games...

I'm going back there tomorrow, will check Toys'R'Us first. Thanks guys.

fucking awesome!

Picked up the last 2 copies of Lumines at Toys'r'us for $13.98 :)

They're both the 2005 non-greatest hits versions. Think the extra one is worth anything?

Thanks guys!

I have had that happen twice at EB with the sticker price being lower than what it rang up for and both times they refused to honor the lower price. Just 1 more reason I won't shop there.

I think the pricing law varies state to state. In Michigan if its marked and rings up higher they must honor the cheaper marked price. Ive got a new XBOX with the old price before they jacked up the price at gamestop and a game at MEIJERS that way..

Heh. I sold my copy when the downgrading fad started. It's funny how either:

A. All these noobs are starting to downgrade.
B. Noobs that had homebrew then upgraded are downgrading again.
C. Lumines is the next Tetris.

Personally, I used my copy as a coaster until I flipped it on eBay.

I just picked up a PSP (to play with at work) and like an idiot, I didn't save a single copy of Lumines for myself. I flipped almost 25 copies on amazon/ebay and now I can't find another copy locally.

This is my 'duh' moment of the month.

[quote name='sp00ge']I just picked up a PSP (to play with at work) and like an idiot, I didn't save a single copy of Lumines for myself. I flipped almost 25 copies on amazon/ebay and now I can't find another copy locally.

This is my 'duh' moment of the month.[/quote]

lol...i got a used one i would let go for a decent price;)

I did some calling and just tracked down at least 7 more copies at another TRU. Guy said there may be even more in back. Only problem is it's a 45 minute drive to get there...

[quote name='thegarageband']Heh. I sold my copy when the downgrading fad started. It's funny how either:

A. All these noobs are starting to downgrade.
B. Noobs that had homebrew then upgraded are downgrading again.
C. Lumines is the next Tetris.

Personally, I used my copy as a coaster until I flipped it on eBay.[/QUOTE]

You calling me a noob? :/

I've had a PSP since launch and the only reason I had 2.81 FW was because of MGS: Portable Ops. I could never find an unpatched copy of LCS either.

I finally found a copy of Lumines since I've been looking after the exploit was announced. It's all thanks to the fellow CAG'ers that told me to check Toys'R'Us, the place I'd never look.

Anyways, PSP is now currently running 3.40OE, no brick!

[quote name='sp00ge']I did some calling and just tracked down at least 7 more copies at another TRU. Guy said there may be even more in back. Only problem is it's a 45 minute drive to get there...[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt start asking how many of this game they had... might raise suspicion, and the employees might snag them

Ive made do with about 23 copies on ebay and amazon... still have my original sealed as well

[quote name='zman73']I wouldnt start asking how many of this game they had... might raise suspicion, and the employees might snag them

Ive made do with about 23 copies on ebay and amazon... still have my original sealed as well[/quote]

The guy I talked to sounded like a magoo. Besides, I told him I'm almost an hour away and won't be able to make it until tomorrow, and wanted to make sure they had several copies. He's the one who gave me the number, I didn't ask "How many."

[quote name='monkeydeew']spoog flipped 25+ copies of lumines, wow[/quote]

monkeydeww made another obvious yet pointless post, wow

sorry to hijack this thread for a moment but here is an interesting pm i just received from our pal and one of the forum's morons

a) please dont talk crap to me on forums, its classier to address it directly

b) if you hate me then put me on your ignore list, simple as that

c) spoog is a freaking eh-hole he talked so much crap to me about flipping and hes freaking worse so its hypocritical

d) please dont talk crap to me, i do take it personal no matter how cute you think you are

e) spooge got all butt hurt b/c he didnt see the southpark with al gore, yes im so cereal

thanks, happy trading

[quote name='Jedi1979']monkeydeww made another obvious yet pointless post, wow[/quote]
See? I'm not the only one who finds him obnoxious with the pointless posts.

He (she?) is just pissed that I called them a retard with ADHD in one thread and has apparently made it their life mission to threadcrap wherever I post.

Just because you're on my ignore list doesn't mean I can't ready what you post.

EDIT: that's so nice of you to still and recycle some of the insults I hurled at you.

And FYI, "Are you Cereal" phrase has been around since the 80's. So if you think you're clever by quoting SouthPark, thinking thewy actually said something original, you truly are an e-tard with ADHD.

Can we ban this asshat now?

Quoting, but removed from box so I can address each point:

sorry to hijack this thread for a moment but here is an interesting pm i just received from our pal and one of the forum's morons

a) please dont talk crap to me on forums, its classier to address it directly --- Coming from the douchebag who threadcraps and tries to start up with me (and maybe others?) in public forums

b) if you hate me then put me on your ignore list, simple as that --- Self explanitory.

c) spoog is a freaking eh-hole he talked so much crap to me about flipping and hes freaking worse so its hypocritical --- What? Talked crap to you about flipping? I called you an obnoxious e-tard because you're annoying. Yes, I flipped a bunch of copies of a game that has been on clearance for over 6 months. If anyone wanted a copy, they had more than enough time.

d) please dont talk crap to me, i do take it personal no matter how cute you think you are --- Sarcasm must be againt his religion. But please, don't cry about it.

e) spooge got all butt hurt b/c he didnt see the southpark with al gore, yes im so cereal --- Nice of you take rehash the butt-hurt comment I made to you. SouthPark didn't create that phrase, it's been around since the 80's... longer than you have.

thanks, happy trading

thanks for the pointless posts, thanks again for giving me the attention i so desperately need and crave from you. wow i dont even have to pump quarters into you!!! what a deal in for ten!!!

[quote name='monkeydeew']thanks for the pointless posts, thanks again for giving me the attention i so desperately need and crave from you. wow i dont even have to pump quarters into you!!! what a deal in for ten!!![/quote]

You really are a retard. You pick a fight and then you try to play the cool card.

Make yourself useful and go choke on something, noob.

im done talking crap spug, i am cooler than you. anyone who read this thread will probably agree that my sarcasm > yours. and that lettered list, fyi, was sent to jedi behind your back, im not rehashing crap.

[quote name='monkeydeew']im done talking crap spug, i am cooler than you. anyone who read this thread will probably agree that my sarcasm > yours. and that lettered list, fyi, was sent to jedi behind your back, im not rehashing crap.[/quote]

Dillusion is a beautiful thing. Enjoy it before reality sets in. Don't cry when it happens! Have a nice day!

P.S. - Bumping Jedi's thread just so you can call him an asshole was a real mature move. Good job on that mature "Keeping it in the PMs" you seem to preach about.

[quote name='solisnk']Get these mother fucking posts out of my mother fuckin' thread! :)[/quote]
It's my thread now, beotch! :D

Glad to see you found a copy at TRU.

fyi

SUBMISSIONS TO THE SITE
Proper contributions to CheapAssGamer.com are welcomed by registered users. You agree not use the Site in any way to:
a. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that you know to be false or that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

The TRU I went to a couple weeks ago had about 4 copies of Lumines on the shelf. I took them to the register and the girl in the electronics asked me "Do you want more of those?" She said "We have more in the back". She comes back with like 8 more copies. I couldn't believe my luck. Especially since this happened at least 2 wks after the initial hype it the interwebs. I've moved a total of about 15 copies. I nabbed a couple at Gamerush, two more copies at a TRU on the Kansas side of the state line and a total of about 3 GH copies from Circuit City.

[quote name='monkeydeew']fyi

SUBMISSIONS TO THE SITE
Proper contributions to CheapAssGamer.com are welcomed by registered users. You agree not use the Site in any way to:
a. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that you know to be false or that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;[/quote]

lol, ...well i find most if not all of your posts to be false, tortious, abusive, harmful and otherwise objectionable...so do everyone a favor and stop posting unless you have something worth contributing

please spug and jedi just add me to your ignore list, you guys are straight up harassing me now. and i will report this to a mod b/c its out of hand now. thanks a mill happy hoarding and trading lumines

[quote name='monkeydeew']please spug and jedi just add me to your ignore list, you guys are straight up harassing me now. and i will report this to a mod b/c its out of hand now. thanks a mill happy hoarding and trading lumines[/quote]

You're the one who is making posts in a thread that in no way pertained to you, stirring up a hornet's nest. You got stung and now you're gonna go cry to someone.

This thread was perfectly fine until you made an unneccessary comment about me. Stop looking for trouble and you'll learn that you'll stay out of trouble.

[quote name='monkeydeew']please spug and jedi just add me to your ignore list, you guys are straight up harassing me now. and i will report this to a mod b/c its out of hand now. thanks a mill happy hoarding and trading lumines[/quote]

and as we all know teh interwebz are serious bizniz...oh and btw you can just as easily add us to your ignore list...wouldnt that solve your problem

[quote name='monkeydeew']adds more quarters[/quote]

want my paypal account...i would gladly give you a place to actually add quarters...and i bet you were just sitting there waiting for somebody to respond for a good 12 minutes

Hey monkey, thanks for signing me up for spam. I know you live in the bay area (Davis, to be exact). Unfortunately for you, your IP came up with one of those, which I traced to your area, and I already reported you to comcast.

Power of the internet... it's amazing.

lol thats why i got a crap load of it too from you right? and im not in davis. thanks for looking up my ebay account though, want a copy of lumines???

[quote name='monkeydeew']lol thats why i got a crap load of it too from you right? and im not in davis. thanks for looking up my ebay account though, want a copy of lumines???[/quote]

Wasn't me. I don't go to childish levels of spamming someone. But judging by your response, you're not denying you did it.

And no, while I did find your ebay account, I found your personal ad on okcupid much more enlightening.

bread's done
Back