Lumines Live! - Drops to 800pts This Wed. + Holiday Pack 20 Skins 400pts October 17th

seeing as its monday, i dont think anything is going to happen with it. they might drop the points on the future expansions that arent out yet, and call it even, then they dont have to dick with refunds.

Well I voted by not purchasing this title, even though I downloaded the demo. For the price I'd much rather just buy Lumines II for the PSP and be done with it, rather than get nickeled and dimed for "extra" content.

The benefit of this is, I still get to experience Lumines on the crapper. Playing on the big screen just doesn't have the same appeal. ;)

Jeremy

Speaking of playing on the crapper. I played Brain Age the other day on the throne and I could barely get up from sitting there a bit two long. Both my feet were asleep. It hurt like hell but in a sick way it was kind of funny. Kind of like what cheapy d was talking about in the podcast when he was playing phoenix wright on the hopper. Its to much info I know, lol.

283,000 on advanced I wish there was still a joystick alternative a la DOA4 Arcade Stick, the analog and the d pad are a little wonky

[quote name='sying']283,000 on advanced I wish there was still a joystick alternative a la DOA4 Arcade Stick, the analog and the d pad are a little wonky[/quote]the DOA stick does work for this. It's what I use.

god damb it!! i just bought this and realized this doesn't come with the puzzles, i guess i shoulda researched that a little bit more, but at least it cost me less than 5 bucks, with the BB 1600 points deal

[quote name='rabbitt']I just completed the first round of Base. Tough stuff; I thought I'd never do it.[/QUOTE]

How long did that take you?

Also, has anyone gotten the achievements for the higher # of blocks destroyed in time attack mode? 70 in 60 secs, etc.? The highest # I've gotten is 49. I don't see how this is possible.

I seen in the leader boards of time for 60 someone had 100+. Best I have got was 34 lol. I have not beat base yet, I dont know how long it is but I did get to the skin where the pieces remind me of Halls cough drops and the music is African or something. (they were like blue and white) I dont know how much further there is.

My least fave skin is the one where the pieces have holes in them. That one makes me nervous for some reason.

[quote name='BREVITY']My least fave skin is the one where the pieces have holes in them. That one makes me nervous for some reason.[/quote]The brown and light green skin? Damn that always screws me up as well. I'll be doing fine and then that skin comes up and my game is effectively over.

I just got to the brown and green one last night. It messed me up too. This game is so much fun (I'm neglecting my Splinter Cell and Dead Rising purchases).

my least favorite is the Arriba! skin. not that it's hard, the song is just annoying as hell and really kills the mood.

Funny you should talk about the song. Often I play some songs from my large collection on the PC and its funny to see how well I play on some compared to others. Like the other night I messed up what I told it to play and it started to dip into my wifes song collection. GOD! I said I didnt want to stop to fix it since I was on a roll but some of those songs messed with me so much I started to perform very badly and soon I ended my game and had to change tracks.

Ok. Are people just THAT ridiculous at Lumines? I'm looking at the leaderboard, and people have broken over 150 blocks in 60 seconds?! How is that even humanly possible?! My new high score is 60! SIXTY. I feel pitiful.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ok. Are people just THAT ridiculous at Lumines? I'm looking at the leaderboard, and people have broken over 150 blocks in 60 seconds?! How is that even humanly possible?! My new high score is 60! SIXTY. I feel pitiful.[/QUOTE]

i downloaded their 60 second runs, it's fucking insane, download one one time. my highest i think is 34 lol.

[quote name='AshesofWake']i downloaded their 60 second runs, it's fucking insane, download one one time. my highest i think is 34 lol.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know you could download replays, pretty cool feature. And wow. Just wow. The leader in the 60 second time attack is out of control. My jaw literally was dropped the entire time. Straight up, mouth open in shock as I watched. I don't see how someone can think that fast and set up SO many combos.

Also, haven't managed to read through all 13 pages, but does the advance pack give you more achievements?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I didn't even know you could download replays, pretty cool feature. And wow. Just wow. The leader in the 60 second time attack is out of control. My jaw literally was dropped the entire time. Straight up, mouth open in shock as I watched. I don't see how someone can think that fast and set up SO many combos.

Also, haven't managed to read through all 13 pages, but does the advance pack give you more achievements?[/QUOTE]

I can see how they did it... drop a block, pause, plan attack, drop, pause, etc...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, but when you pause the playing field is obstructed by the pause menu.[/QUOTE]

LOLed at that one.

Thanks Rolento. I had no clue whatsoever how they were doing that. I thought they were just guessing or something? GG.

How come I can only play the computer in one round on Vs. Mode, when I downloaded the Advance Pack?

[quote name='Brak']How come I can only play the computer in one round on Vs. Mode, when I downloaded the Advance Pack?[/QUOTE]

Because the advance pack only added to the challenge mode.

You have to wait for the vs cpu pack to come out next year, when they decide to release it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']You have to wait for the vs cpu pack to come out next year, when they decide to release it.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was afraid of.

In wake of the three different packs to have the complete game, notice that they're all 50 MB... they got away with breaking the 50 MB file size by gouging for more marketplace points.

I hope this doesn't become a trend.

[quote name='Brak']That's what I was afraid of.

In wake of the three different packs to have the complete game, notice that they're all 50 MB... they got away with breaking the 50 MB file size by gouging for more marketplace points.

I hope this doesn't become a trend.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Scroll back the last 278 posts in this thread and you'll see that 90% are people upset about it.

Microsoft blames Q?, which I find funny. They are so strict on so many rules involving XBLA games, to the point of severe anality, but when a dev wants to gouge the user like Lumines does, it isn't their fault.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yup. Scroll back the last 278 posts in this thread and you'll see that 90% are people upset about it.[/QUOTE]
I know that, but nobody brought up the reason why the game was split up into packs -- because of file size.

[quote name='Brak']I know that, but nobody brought up the reason why the game was split up into packs -- because of file size.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that reason was brought up multiple times, but perhaps not in this thread, can't remember.

The ultimate conclusion of where they went wrong is three fold:

1) They didn't make it clear what you are buying (or aren't buying)
2) The price for the base pack is too much. (only worth 800 points)
3) They should have released AT LEAST all the packs to fill in the greyed out content in the other modes for purchase, with the release of the base.

I knew they were going to do something like that because of what happened last time. They wouldn't give it away like they should, but they'd offer it "on sale" early to make people think they're getting a deal.

[quote name='BREVITY']Funny you should talk about the song. Often I play some songs from my large collection on the PC and its funny to see how well I play on some compared to others. Like the other night I messed up what I told it to play and it started to dip into my wifes song collection. GOD! I said I didnt want to stop to fix it since I was on a roll but some of those songs messed with me so much I started to perform very badly and soon I ended my game and had to change tracks.[/QUOTE]Wait a minute, does this game actually incorporate your own music into the gameplay somehow??? That's very intriguing if I'm reading correctly.

The one part that I wanted the most and was missing the most was the VS. mode... though live is great, it's oddly less annoying vs cpu.

plus heavenly star for free is too awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The one part that I wanted the most and was missing the most was the VS. mode... though live is great, it's oddly less annoying vs cpu.

plus heavenly star for free is too awesome.[/QUOTE]

live works great for you? I've never had a match without a shit ton of lag.

[quote name='Apossum']live works great for you? I've never had a match without a shit ton of lag.[/QUOTE]

I phrased it wrong... I meat to say vs. CPU is better than Live due to Lag

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I phrased it wrong... I meat to say vs. CPU is better than Live due to Lag[/QUOTE]

gotcha. glad it's not just me. well, no I'm not glad the game is laggy but...yeah ;)

The 2 packs and free skin are up.

Downloading them all now.

By far my favorite XBLA game.

The free skin is AWESOME, imo. I hope they release more skin packs since I'd really like the rest of the songs from the PSP versions on here.

Got an update too-- I tried one live game and it was less laggy than usual.

Could it be...?

I wonder if they're ever going to actually deliver on the promise of popular artists lending their songs to this game; I would think we'd at least see some of the songs from the PSP game.

Not that I have any desire to see Gwen Stefani's flat-chested no-talent ass on my 360 in 1080p, but at this point I'll take any free stuff they're offering to make up for them ripping everyone off at the beginning. The heavenly star skin sounds cool though.

[quote name='KaneRobot'] The heavenly star skin sounds cool though.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely awesome... it's something like 150mb, and I wondered why it was so fucking big, but that's because it's pure awesome in the background.

I'm hoping they will keep releasing skins for this (need more Lumines 1 skins... like Shinin') and not just abandon it because sales were low.

[quote name='Apossum']Got an update too-- I tried one live game and it was less laggy than usual.

Could it be...?[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right... I stopped playing vs online due to lag. If it's fixed, I'm game :)

I don't know if I'll get the puzzle pack, but the vs. pack is worth it. Plus now with heavenly star on this thing, there's no reason to get Lumines 2... also it dosn't have the "pop" crap in Lumines 2 making it better already.

bread's done
Back