Lumines Live! - Drops to 800pts This Wed. + Holiday Pack 20 Skins 400pts October 17th

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do the skin packs add new songs as well?[/QUOTE]

vs. mode should do so, as well as new avatars...

the puzzle pack will probably have only 2 new skins and possibly some avatars... I'm saying this based off my experience with the first Lumines and Lumines Live.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do the skin packs add new songs as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the VS mode adds a skin and an avatar for every guy you beat (there are 10 guys total).

I got to guy 8 on my first try... it seems to be a mix of Lumines 1 (fact) and Lumines 2 vs (just assuming since I don't know the songs in L2).

Not sure on the Puzzle / Mission modes but I assume you'll get a skin when you beat them all since they have unique skins.

Each pack is well well well worth 100 points.

It's not a bad price for the complete set, when you figure in Lumines Plus for PS2 is $30 and I believe Lumines Live!, with all the bonus packs, has more skins.

I never touch Vs. Mode or Puzzle Mode on the PSP version... I think I'll pass on those.

[quote name='Brak']I never touch Vs. Mode or Puzzle Mode on the PSP version... I think I'll pass on those.[/QUOTE]

You're missing out on probably the best part of the game... it's more intense than the actual game...

and yes, I can confirm that the vs. pack has 10 new avatars and 10 new stages...

It's not a bad price for the complete set, when you figure in Lumines Plus for PS2 is $30 and I believe Lumines Live!, with all the bonus packs, has more skins.

So, what's the total at this moment for everything? About $32.50?

Despite what I said earlier, if they dump an assload of free content from various artists on us, I think a lot can be forgiven. The Heavenly Star skin is pretty damn cool, especially for a freebie.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Damn I thought one of the packs was a mission pack, that's the only thing I play.[/QUOTE]

Yea, one of the packs is a mission pack.

The puzzle pack also has missions in it too.

And whoever said the total for these is $32.50, if you were to get everything right it's only 2000 points, which is about $24 / $25. But since we're CAG's, and there are many cheaper ways to get points, it's possible to get the whole shebang for under $20.

The entire game up to now only cost me about $5 out of pocket thanks to that Best Buy points card deal from a long time ago - it's worth full price for this, since this is one of the very very few XBLA games that offers replayability in spades and TONS of things to do.

EDIT: It looks like you get a skin for each "bracket" you clear in puzzle and in mission mode. Each mode has three brackets - easy, hard, super hard. I just cleared all the easy missions in mission mode (15 missions) and got a skin and unlocked the hard bracket.

This would mean there are 6 skins total in the mission pack if each bracket has a skin, and 10 avatars / skins total in the vs pack.

And whoever said the total for these is $32.50, if you were to get everything right it's only 2000 points, which is about $24 / $25. But since we're CAG's, and there are many cheaper ways to get points, it's possible to get the whole shebang for under $20.

Thanks. For some reason, I thought that everything prior to these add-on packs was $30. Probably more typical 1up.com inaccuracy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']You're missing out on probably the best part of the game... it's more intense than the actual game...

and yes, I can confirm that the vs. pack has 10 new avatars and 10 new stages...[/quote]

It's 11 stages isn't it? I got 2 for beating the Alien stage at the end.

The Heavenly Star stage is great, but the background is a little distracting at moments in the video. Glad they finally released this stuff - revived my interest in the game. With the Puzzle/Mission stuff being out now, it's actually worth a purchase for puzzle fans.

[quote name='jollydwarf']And whoever said the total for these is $32.50, if you were to get everything right it's only 2000 points, which is about $24 / $25. But since we're CAG's, and there are many cheaper ways to get points, it's possible to get the whole shebang for under $20.

Thanks. For some reason, I thought that everything prior to these add-on packs was $30. Probably more typical 1up.com inaccuracy.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you got everything right now while it's 100 points, you'll save a good bit of cash. I think if you were to buy everything at full price (300 points per add on, I think, 150 points for the skin) then it's closer to $32.50).

But everyone who is a fan of the game will buy the game within this month anyways.

okay, so I was wrong about the update fixing live play.

but Heavenly Star kicks ass! and so does the song "Mekong" you get for beating all of vs. mode. Still, I hope they come out with more song packs for Vs. mode.

I'm downloading, I thought the added downloadable content before was better than the original game or at least it seemed like I could at least play it with a better difficulty level. I enjoyed this game and I can't wait to try out the new stuff which is sweet that Heavenly Star is free to Gold Members. Last month I got free Oblivion content on my OXM Disc and now I'm getting free content for being a Gold Member, it pays to well pay!

[quote name='AshesofWake']Heavenly Star sucks balls, it's the most annoying skin i've ever played on. I can't concentrate for shit on it.[/QUOTE]

I found the game's regular skins to be more distracting oddly... though, even if they released that skin alone, I'd be happy :)

again, upon request, I can get the heavenly star song or video (in MP4 format for PSP) for whoever.

wow forgot how addicting this game was. I was trying to get the achievement for clearing 30 blocks in 60seconds an hour and a half later and I got it. Tried the 90 blocks for 180seconds and another hour later and only got up to 80...

[quote name='Apossum']okay, so I was wrong about the update fixing live play.
[/quote]

they need to get on that! im still waiting to beat down my entire friends list!

[quote name='AshesofWake']Heavenly Star sucks balls, it's the most annoying skin i've ever played on. I can't concentrate for shit on it.[/QUOTE]
That's what I like about it. It makes you pay more attention.

I read that there won't be any online play for Lumines Plus on PS2, is that correct? And were you guys basically saying that the content of all the XBLA packs adds up to what you would get in the PS2 version? I am just trying to figure out my best option for experiencing this game, since I don't have a PSP.

[quote name='Roufuss']EDIT: It looks like you get a skin for each "bracket" you clear in puzzle and in mission mode. Each mode has three brackets - easy, hard, super hard. I just cleared all the easy missions in mission mode (15 missions) and got a skin and unlocked the hard bracket.

This would mean there are 6 skins total in the mission pack if each bracket has a skin, and 10 avatars / skins total in the vs pack.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I've been spending way too much time on this game!

[quote name='BustaUppa']I read that there won't be any online play for Lumines Plus on PS2, is that correct? And were you guys basically saying that the content of all the XBLA packs adds up to what you would get in the PS2 version? I am just trying to figure out my best option for experiencing this game, since I don't have a PSP.[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding (and from IGN's preview), that Lumines Plus is basacially all of Lumines 1, with some extra skins from Lumines 2 thrown in.

I'm not sure if Lumines Live has unique skins just for it, but I know it's a mish mash of Lumines 1 and 2. I want to say it has some new skins but I can't find that information *anywhere*.

I myself am trying to decide if it's worth getting Lumines Plus if I already have Lumines Live... I miss the Lumines 1 tracks they left out but who knows if they will ever add those in to Lumines Live.

Has anyone here gotten this achievement:

0Tc8P2Nh.jpg
- "clear base - clear one round of challenge mode Base"

If so, how and when do you beat a round. I play base mode and it seems to go on forever.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Has anyone here gotten this achievement:

0Tc8P2Nh.jpg
- "clear base - clear one round of challenge mode Base"

If so, how and when do you beat a round. I play base mode and it seems to go on forever.[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere that you have to play through about 12 skins or so.

12 Skins total you have to beat in base mode. After you beat 12 you go back to the first skin and when you finally lose you will get the achievement.

You should also be able to get the 20K base achievment if you can beat base.

So far I can get to the seventh skin. That green and brown one always messes me up.

Holly shit! I need more practice then. I can only get to the 3rd one but that's because that's all I've unlocked. I saw some videos on youtube for the timed mode and OMG I suck.

I was in a groove yesterday night and I thought I was going to finally beat base because I passed that green and brown skin without a problem but then I got messed up on the one afterward.

whoa. just scored about 240,000 in base, cleared the whole round, then got up to the 3rd skin again. I got bored towards the end. but now I know how to play this game and get ridiculous scores! :lol:

Yea you just need practice for this game as you see when you're playing things will just click and you'll just continue to own. On the timed ones just have the notion that you have to get a clear everytime the line goes across then you should be good. I found the base to be the hardest and I'm lovin the new content. I got up to stage 7 on vs, sucks they don't save checkpoints like Astropop lol. I found Heavenly Star to be better than most annoying skins, the only complaint I have is that it plays it over and over again so I just kill myself. Does anybody play this game online because I can never get into a game!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea you just need practice for this game as you see when you're playing things will just click and you'll just continue to own. On the timed ones just have the notion that you have to get a clear everytime the line goes across then you should be good. I found the base to be the hardest and I'm lovin the new content. I got up to stage 7 on vs, sucks they don't save checkpoints like Astropop lol. I found Heavenly Star to be better than most annoying skins, the only complaint I have is that it plays it over and over again so I just kill myself. Does anybody play this game online because I can never get into a game![/QUOTE]

I have to wait a while before I get into a game. I think it's deserted since it's completely broken online. the lag keeps it from being a fair match.

I got most of my points on the reggae skin and the other slow skins. You just have to keep lining up 4 or more squares each pass. Pretty sure I got about 60,000 points on each slow skin.

I just took the lunge into Lumines again (I had owned the PSP version and loved it....when I thought it was worth owning a PSP..) and I don't know if I'm entirely satisfied...having a hard time getting back into it. I haven't tried the online mode yet and after reading through the posts it seems to be rather broken...

Does everyone seem to have problems with Lag online or is it less often a problem than it seems?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']wow forgot how addicting this game was. I was trying to get the achievement for clearing 30 blocks in 60seconds an hour and a half later and I got it. Tried the 90 blocks for 180seconds and another hour later and only got up to 80...[/QUOTE]

I was working on the 70 in 60 seconds one last night, but I could only get to 48. I do wish the achievements were a little more varied in this game.

[quote name='Apossum']whoa. just scored about 240,000 in base, cleared the whole round, then got up to the 3rd skin again. I got bored towards the end. but now I know how to play this game and get ridiculous scores! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I got about 170,000 I think, died on the 12th skin, but I still unlocked it and got the achievement for clearing base, which is awesome.

Has anyone done the "Clear 150 Squares in 3 minutes" on mission mode yet? It gives me no counter whatsoever so I have no clue how many blocks I've cleared and I fail the fucking thing every time... up to like 20 times now I've tried to beat it.

yesterday played CPU vs out of whim and beat the whole thing in 10 min... plus, the last skin is the best of them all even though I've seen it before in the original game.

has anybody had trouble unlocking the puzzle mode level called "O"

i have gotten it like 10 times, but it never says that it is actually beaten. Each time i have made sure no extra pieces are touching it

[quote name='Roufuss']I got about 170,000 I think, died on the 12th skin, but I still unlocked it and got the achievement for clearing base, which is awesome.

Has anyone done the "Clear 150 Squares in 3 minutes" on mission mode yet? It gives me no counter whatsoever so I have no clue how many blocks I've cleared and I fail the fucking thing every time... up to like 20 times now I've tried to beat it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that one's super annoying. In normal Time Attack mode, I think my high is like 137; I usually average around 127, though.

FWIW, my high score is around 350,000 in challenge mode. Lumines isn't as bad as, say, Columns, but when you get decent at it the main game can become pretty boring. I hate that the leaderboard has been wiped so many times that I have to go in and own my friends' scores every few weeks just to represent. ;)

I got all the new updates last night. God I suck at this game even after laying waste to the PSP and Cell phone version. I am a baby but I got to think its the troller thats making it tougher for me. I have yet to get through the reg single player. I have not touched the advanced or much of the new stuff.

so is it worth it or should i just get lumines plus!? thanks!

i love lumines. i stole my bf's PSP just to play Lumines.

-Kat

this version is worth it. the games looks great in HD.

i had to pick up a third party 'joytech' controller from walmart
because the microsoft 360 digital pad sucks dick

now i am on top of my game again... the one thing i would add
to this version is the option to save your game and return to it at
another time like the psp's hibernation mode

[quote name='polaricecaves']this version is worth it. the games looks great in HD.

i had to pick up a third party 'joytech' controller from walmart
because the microsoft 360 digital pad sucks dick

now i am on top of my game again... the one thing i would add
to this version is the option to save your game and return to it at
another time like the psp's hibernation mode[/QUOTE]

thanks! i ordered lumines plus but i'm not sure if i should get this verison too. i downloaded the demo and it looks beautiful on our plasma. hee hee.

-Kat

love this game so much! Even have the cell phone version
smile.gif

Courtesy of 1up

Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Genki Rockets have released only one single to date (another is forthcoming), but "Heavenly Star" has earned the group enough clout to land a slot alongside Rihanna and Linkin Park at Tokyo's Live Earth benefit concert on July 7th.
"It is a great honor to have been selected to perform at the SOS (Save Our Selves) Live Earth concert, a massive, globally initiated musical event that will raise awareness and help combat our climate crisis," said Mizuguchi. "Thanks to this great opportunity, I now feel a stronger connection with our environment and hope that I can contribute my part to preserve the beauty of this heavenly star called Earth."

To celebrate Genki Rockets' first live performance and to further benefit the environment, Q Entertainment will be releasing the Tokyo Club Mix Pack aka SOS Charity Campaign Pack for Lumines Live via the Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday, June 27th.

For 350 Microsoft points, gamers will pick up four new tracks for the vibrant puzzler: Genki Rocket's "Heavenly Star - SOS Remix," Sugiurumn's "House66," Techriders' "4x4 Bricks," and Muku's "Cosmic Humming." A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this pack (between June 27th and July 17th) will be donated to non-governmental climate protection organizations.

Also on the docket for next Wednesday is a brand new Booster Pack (600 points), which contains 20 additional skins, including "Bloomy Girls" by Masakatsu Takagi. A Lumines Live theme pack (150 points) will also be available, as well as four new picture packs (100 points each).

Played the game again and did a few more puzzles, still stuck on two: Clear one column and clear everything. How the heck do you do those two?! Yea played through the base again and I can tell I haven't been playing the game for some time lol.

bread's done
Back