Lumines madness!

[quote name='Pookymeister']I only try to sell higher priced items at amazon. The mandatory $2.50 or so fees really hurts when you are selling cheap stuff.
Amazon has its perks. I just sold a used guide for $20 there. New copies on Half.com are priced at $10.[/quote]

I learned the min. fee that hard way. I listed a few cheap nes cars on there and after shipping fees, they almost cost me money to sell in the end. I'm just glad they were games I got for free.

I love the convenience of amazon. and I really think the difference in fees is negligible-- after taking insertion, final value, and paypal charges into account. not to mention upgrades, BIN vs. auction, etc. etc.

I hate writing long descriptions, taking and uploading pictures, dealing with crapshoot auctions that may end wayyyy lower than what you expected despite the last 10 auctions ending way higher, waiting on payments, having decentralized fees from both ebay and paypal, and paying fees for items that don't sell. Not to mention all the barely literate people who send you messages in all capitals :lol: It's good when you have a sure sell, but most of the time, it's unpredictable and unwieldy for me.

but after today, it has become clear that both sites screw you no matter what. can't say i'm a fanboy for either site.

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn. I sold 15 copies of Lumines between eBay and Amazon. I got zero feedback from Amazon and 2 feedback from eBay.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I sent out feedback reminders to everyone I sold to on amazon-- finally got 5 positives :\

anyone else having technical problems with amazon today? or are they just breaking my account in attempt to steal my money :)

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, I sent out feedback reminders to everyone I sold to on amazon-- finally got 5 positives :\

anyone else having technical problems with amazon today? or are they just breaking my account in attempt to steal my money :)[/quote]

I went on there and sent feedback reminders. Seemed to work ok for me.

I've received three feedback so far. Two 5 star and one 4 star. The two 5 stars complimented the speed of receipt while the 4 star said "Everything was on time and the way it should be."

I'm actually pissed about that 4 star. The guy didn't pay for expedited shipping, but it was at his door within 5 days of him ordering. Amazon guidelines state that standard should take within 4-14 days. WTF did this guy expect?

Seems like Amazon dried up of the lower 35 dollar new copies, although Amazon lists stock coming in (not sure if these are going to be fixed copies)

Found a slight restock at TRU today of 3 copies ;) Put them online for around 40 dollars and they were snapped up within 2 hours...wow

Amazon seems to be my preferred choice in getting rid of game that might have never sold on ebay, I sold my 007 EON PS2 which was missing case insert this evening (after picking up a non PH xbox version sealed from Sears for .97)... my DDR mario went for almost 140 last week, sold in hours. Granted after fees and shipping I was left with just under 110 but mine was the cheapet one there

Ill grab a stack of games and look them all up. If the price is reasonable (dont see how some games are priced at 12 cents) to where I will make a few times what I paid for the game as lots of them are CC and TRU clearance specials, I will list them at the lowest price. Up to over 550 in my account, hope I dont wait too long. I send CD numbers on the more expensive items. Insurance on DDR game

[quote name='zman73']Seems like Amazon dried up of the lower 35 dollar new copies, although Amazon lists stock coming in (not sure if these are going to be fixed copies)

Found a slight restock at TRU today of 3 copies ;) Put them online for around 40 dollars and they were snapped up within 2 hours...wow

Amazon seems to be my preferred choice in getting rid of game that might have never sold on ebay, I sold my 007 EON PS2 which was missing case insert this evening (after picking up a non PH xbox version sealed from Sears for .97)... my DDR mario went for almost 140 last week, sold in hours. Granted after fees and shipping I was left with just under 110 but mine was the cheapet one there

Ill grab a stack of games and look them all up. If the price is reasonable (dont see how some games are priced at 12 cents) to where I will make a few times what I paid for the game as lots of them are CC and TRU clearance specials, I will list them at the lowest price. Up to over 550 in my account, hope I dont wait too long. I send CD numbers on the more expensive items. Insurance on DDR game[/QUOTE]

Don't sell too much, they might hold on to your cash for 45 days :roll:

Anyway, it is great how fast stuff goes. I've got a copy of IQ that went for $82.99, but unfortunately the buyer was at an APO/FPO place, so I cancelled it (didn't know if that was sketchy or not, and his APO code was in Africa?) but if I relist, it would probably go for the same price. Even after fees, it's almost $20 more than I would get on ebay for it.

If I've asked this question before forgive me, I have swiss cheese for brains.

Does PayPal offer seller protection to Canada? I think they don't, but eBay always has that "open to Canadian buyers and you have a 6% better chance of selling" option at the bottom of when you list an item.

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I've asked this here already.

Edit: I dont think I did ask, but I found the same question answered at ebay.

[quote name='guinaevere']If I've asked this question before forgive me, I have swiss cheese for brains.

Does PayPal offer seller protection to Canada? I think they don't, but eBay always has that "open to Canadian buyers and you have a 6% better chance of selling" option at the bottom of when you list an item.

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I've asked this here already.

Edit: I dont think I did ask, but I found the same question answered at ebay.[/QUOTE]

I figure if the address was confirmed it would. Butif the guy is a trusted ebayer, I wouldnt worry too much, just go overboard with emails, and dc numbers, and save everything

[quote name='Apossum']Don't sell too much, they might hold on to your cash for 45 days :roll:

Anyway, it is great how fast stuff goes. I've got a copy of IQ that went for $82.99, but unfortunately the buyer was at an APO/FPO place, so I cancelled it (didn't know if that was sketchy or not, and his APO code was in Africa?) but if I relist, it would probably go for the same price. Even after fees, it's almost $20 more than I would get on ebay for it.[/quote]

APO/FPO's should be fairly safe. As safe as sending anywhere in the US. I just shipped one of my copies of Lumines to an APO w/ Delivery Confirmation.

[quote name='zman73']I figure if the address was confirmed it would. Butif the guy is a trusted ebayer, I wouldnt worry too much, just go overboard with emails, and dc numbers, and save everything[/quote]*nods* It looks like I have to do global express to have it insurable and trackable. I'm going to the PO today to see if there are any flat rate deals for Global Express. If not, forget it because by weight usps.com says global express for around 13 ounces is something like $28. That's absurd. Even if a bidder were willing to pay that, I wouldn't offer it, because they're just throwing money away.

[quote name='sp00ge']APO/FPO's should be fairly safe. As safe as sending anywhere in the US. I just shipped one of my copies of Lumines to an APO w/ Delivery Confirmation.[/quote]Yup. APO/FPO are just folks in our services who are stationed around the world. They're still considered US addresses, even though you have to do a customs form.

I got kinda lucky with my big sale, 5 copies of Lumines... it allowed me to ship express USPS with tracking number etc for about 35 bucks

[quote name='sp00ge']APO/FPO's should be fairly safe. As safe as sending anywhere in the US. I just shipped one of my copies of Lumines to an APO w/ Delivery Confirmation.[/QUOTE]

whoops, well, I'll have to email the guy and let him know...

I found another TRU with 15 copies. I picked up 9 (8 to sell, 1 for myself) and left 6 there for the taking, unless mine sell fast.

Got my first trouble customer today. The guy bought a copy from me on the 3rd, and today I get an email saying he never received it. DC# shows it was delivered on the 7th.

What options do I have at this point? I'm emailling him back with a scan of the DC slip and the receipt as proof, but what else is there?

[quote name='sp00ge']Got my first trouble customer today. The guy bought a copy from me on the 3rd, and today I get an email saying he never received it. DC# shows it was delivered on the 7th.

What options do I have at this point? I'm emailling him back with a scan of the DC slip and the receipt as proof, but what else is there?[/quote]
I assume he did not pay for insurance? If that's the case he may be "F"ed. I would imagine once you give him the info he could go to his local post office and inquire about it.

That was my one fear with moving all of these copies of Lumines... running into the problem buyers. So far (KNOCK ON WOOD) all of my transactions have gone just fine altough I just sold my PSP system with my last sealed copy and of course a buyer with zero feedback snuck in an won at the last second. I'm going to have to jump through all of the hoops with this guy.:bomb:

Well, I'm selling strictly on Amazon (Thank god this wasn't an eBay deal). After reading a bit, I've covered my bases rather well and I shouldn't be held liable if he should file an A-Z cliaim. It's in the hands of the USPS and recipient, especially since the DC# shows delivery did take place.

I told him to contact the Post Office or talk to his mail carrier, since there isn't anything I can do from this point on.

I'm not gonna sweat it.

On the plus side, 7 of the 8 I listed the other day are already sold, averaging at about $45 sale price.

nice work spooge. i'm driving home this coming weekend and am going to hit up a bunch of backwoods TRUs. Hopefully I'll find some more.

not that it matters since Amazon still won't give me my money or respond to my emails ;) Are they letting you withdraw yet?

[quote name='Apossum']nice work spooge. i'm driving home this coming weekend and am going to hit up a bunch of backwoods TRUs. Hopefully I'll find some more.

not that it matters since Amazon still won't give me my money or respond to my emails ;) Are they letting you withdraw yet?[/quote]

Yeah, I only had $120 pending when my 2 weeks were up, and I've been doing withdrawals every couple of days before my balance gets too high and raises any flags.

I'm sure having some positive feedback (100% 5 stars) helps too. I'm just glad that guy retracted that 4 star and changed it to 5. Claimed he clicked the wrong thing.

I finally got 4 ratings on Amazon after sending out reminders. I thought that was pretty good until I realized they were all from the same buyer. Over the span of 2 days he bought 4 copies from me.

woo hoo! They finally gave me my cash. I had called the other day and they told me that 99% of the time it's held for the full 45 days and that I wouldn't get it until September 6, so this was a nice surprise.

Sweet! I just got my cash last weekend after waiting my 14 days. I even sold a Xenogears guide I had for well over what eBay would pay.

I just listed something on ebay - and noticed that a game I sold a few weeks ago had a bigass picture of Lumines in the description...and i definitely was not selling Lumines. Whoops.

Hey guys, just a heads up. Blockbuster will let you buy their rental copies and take the case & manual as well. The game costs $12.99. Their rental fees are bad now ($8 for a friggin game rental). But any online members with a free rental coupon to kill will save a bit. Unfortunately you cannot buy this game off of a game-pass.

I was able to find 2 more Lumines this way. Ive been out of the game since EB/GS raised their prices to $25 (and now $35), but i figured $13-$21 is still a bit more profitable.

Found one copy of this at a TRU near me, so I don't have to buy it for the rediculous prices you're selling it for. ;)

Too bad there weren't more.

[quote name='Rocko']Found one copy of this at a TRU near me, so I don't have to buy it for the rediculous prices you're selling it for. ;)

Too bad there weren't more.[/QUOTE]

We are not selling this game to CAGs , it was to people who know no better... I didnt get in on this until a couple weeks after it started, and there was about 10 copies of this at my TRU... I dont feel guilty for selling this at a profit, alot of the overseas buyers were flipping it when they got it

[quote name='zman73']We are not selling this game to CAGs , it was to people who know no better... I didnt get in on this until a couple weeks after it started, and there was about 10 copies of this at my TRU... I dont feel guilty for selling this at a profit, alot of the overseas buyers were flipping it when they got it[/quote]

I know, it was a joke. I'd flip it as well if there were more copies at my TRU, but I do want one to actually play for myself.

[quote name='Chitown021']Wow, I lucked out and found a couple more copies tucked away in the glass case at my Wal-Mart.[/quote]

I found a few at sears and kmart a few weeks back, but they weren't priced and I was pretty much said and done with it. It was fun while it lasted. :D

I thought I was done with it until I found these two copies today. They were full price ($19.82) but I figure I should still be able to double my money on them.

bread's done
Back