Lunar: Silver Star Harmony LE 29.99 available for pre-order on BestBuy.com <DEAD>

DKRobbie

CAGiversary!
Was browsing for the cheapest price for the limited edition of this RPG classic and lo and behold, 29.99 for preorder available 3-15-10 on Best Buys website. Granted they'll factor in 3.00 shipping and tax, but I'm sure on the release date in store pick-up will be available negating both of those for people like me who despise the double whammy of shipping and tax.

****************EDIT 3-15-10******************************

False advertising on Best Buys part. Shitheads advertise the LE but are only selling the standard edition at 30. No luck guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad39er']I know somebody already mentioned load times, but how would you compare it to a game like Spectral Souls in terms of load times? Spectral Souls loads for every action and menu change, really kind of annoying. If there are as many loading times, I may just get the PSN version.[/QUOTE]

It's not that the load time are invasive like Spectral Souls or Mana Khemia; the issue is that the whole battle system--and there's a ton of battles/grinding--are plagued by a molasses-like flow: the transitions from into and out of battles are slow, and the battles themselves are relatively slow paced.

The game isn't broken by its load times (yes, I'm looking at you Mana Khemia), it's just that, IMHO, the whole experience is bogged down by slow combat. When compared to the zippy battles in the PSP JRPG gem "Brave Story - New Traveler", it's hard to imagine most gamers finding the patience to plod through slow battle after slow battle in Silver Star Harmony LE, especially on a handheld.

MY STERN ADVICE: try the demo of this game before spending the cash on the full version--once you've experienced the battle system, try to imagine yourself spending hours upon hours with it. For me, I know I'd never be able to do it; and this is a bummer because, other than this one irritating facet of the game, I'm sure Lunar is an awesome JRPG for the PSP.

[quote name='Ryouko']I honestly don't mind the load times. I've seen far worse on the PSP, so I can manage with it. The dialouge in the new scenes isn't the best, but it did shed some light on previous plot holes from the original at least (I enjoyed the new scenes, honestly).

I am really hoping they bring out Eternal Blue, too. :) It's so great to see a spring of new fans for Lunar, and to see an old favorite of mine come back into the limelight. It's quite possible that whatever flaws are in SSH, would be fixed in a remake of EB.

XSeed is really awesome to its fans, and they listen to us. They seem to have good ties with the original Japanese makers, and I know they care enough about this franchise to do what's best for it. So I'm giving SSH my full support, and this game was a Day 1 purchase for me. I will gladly keep it in my collection along with all the other versions of Lunar.[/QUOTE]

If you read my post, most of my complaints have nothing to do with XSeed. They did a pretty good job as always (except on some of the voice acting, which isn't that much of a problem). It would have been great if they did a WD and delayed the game to fix some of the gameplay issues, but who knows when it would have been released if they did that.

[quote name='MSI Magus']How limited do you guys think this will actually be? Personally I see this dropping in price down to the $20 range anyways.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how many LE they made. Since they released a regular version as well I don't think they made too many LE. Atlus and XSeed seem to know that only a few people actually bother to buy a LE of a game so they make a truly limited amount.

Well I was hosed on the limited edition guys. Sorry to possibly cry wolf for the rest of you. Went to pick up my supposed "limited edition" and the cashier hands me the regular edition. Reading the puzzlement in my face she asks if it's the right game I reply yes, but the wrong edition. She looks up the picture online showing the difference and extras obviously not included in the edition she rang up for me. Apparently Best Buy only had one SKU as the limited edition though its only the regular edition. She then called over some dickbag who pointed out other sites sold the LE for 39.99 to which I reply I thought it was an online deal BestBuy.com was offering. He then proceeds to incorrectly tell me the extras are something I have to purchase on my own thus making it a LE. Yeah. I asked for my refund and left dejected. The girl was polite and helpful, the guy just a typical smarmy assface. Sorry guys. Let me know if by some chance it works out for you and you snag the LE for 30 or not.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Well I was hosed on the limited edition guys. Sorry to possibly cry wolf for the rest of you. Went to pick up my supposed "limited edition" and the cashier hands me the regular edition. Reading the puzzlement in my face she asks if it's the right game I reply yes, but the wrong edition. She looks up the picture online showing the difference and extras obviously not included in the edition she rang up for me. Apparently Best Buy only had one SKU as the limited edition though its only the regular edition. She then called over some dickbag who pointed out other sites sold the LE for 39.99 to which I reply I thought it was an online deal BestBuy.com was offering. He then proceeds to incorrectly tell me the extras are something I have to purchase on my own thus making it a LE. Yeah. I asked for my refund and left dejected. The girl was polite and helpful, the guy just a typical smarmy assface. Sorry guys. Let me know if by some chance it works out for you and you snag the LE for 30 or not.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I would try calling Best Buy's customer service number or email them about that. Their website clearly states that it is the LE they are selling for $29.99. It is not your fault their website is incorrect. Maybe you can try price matching the website listing with a B&M store though I don't know if that is possible. But yeah Best Buy is totally in the wrong here.

Yes they certainly are, they even opened the copy they sold to me thinking they'd prove it was the LE but lo and behold, just the UMD and instruction manual and no extra bells and whistles. As if I don't know what the fuck I'm buying. I plan on filling out their questionnaire about my experience with the whole order pick up and rake them over the coals.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Depends on how many LE they made. Since they released a regular version as well I don't think they made too many LE. Atlus and XSeed seem to know that only a few people actually bother to buy a LE of a game so they make a truly limited amount.[/QUOTE]

You can order 999 from Amazon at the moment, so I don't think it will be all that limited.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Lots of PSP developers sadly. I haven't played Mana Khemia or Spectral Force but I have heard horror stories about how the load times are far worse than even Lunar's. It's obviously not that hard to do fast loading times on RPG PSP games, as evidenced by many of them. Developers are just plain lazy.

And yeah, even without the loading times the battle pacing seems a bit slower in this one (other than the fact that everything is so damn easy). The characters moved faster in the PSone version and didn't fuck around with black backgrounds when they use their specials.

Lunar Legend on GBA is also really easy, but at least I don't have to deal with stupid slow load times.[/QUOTE]

I know you have super bitch as your title thing and all but thats really not something to be proud of, anyone that proudly displays it has the wrong idea of whats good in a personality trait. It doesnt make you cool. Infact if you call yourself a bitch you probablly do so out of being treated like one and you feel jaded, but again if you dont act like one you wont be treated like one. But I can definitely see how you are because all Ive seen you done is aggresively look for excuses to complain and argue about things.

I didnt have a problem with the game and liked it, I guess because I dont get off on trying to find negative things to search for and then beat like a dead horse.

We know you dont like it, we got that after like the 5th time you typed 3 paragraphs bitching about it and then being as childish as telling someone to fuck off. Why not try later when you can find something else to say besides insults and complaints that have long since become repetitious because the point of this thread was to share a good price for our forums users, not turn into a rant fest and name calling contest. If you hate it so much what are you doing here?

[quote name='gargus']I know you have super bitch as your title thing and all but thats really not something to be proud of, anyone that proudly displays it has the wrong idea of whats good in a personality trait. It doesnt make you cool. Infact if you call yourself a bitch you probablly do so out of being treated like one and you feel jaded, but again if you dont act like one you wont be treated like one. But I can definitely see how you are because all Ive seen you done is aggresively look for excuses to complain and argue about things.

I didnt have a problem with the game and liked it, I guess because I dont get off on trying to find negative things to search for and then beat like a dead horse.

We know you dont like it, we got that after like the 5th time you typed 3 paragraphs bitching about it and then being as childish as telling someone to fuck off. Why not try later when you can find something else to say besides insults and complaints that have long since become repetitious because the point of this thread was to share a good price for our forums users, not turn into a rant fest and name calling contest. If you hate it so much what are you doing here?[/QUOTE]

Your bitching is a complete waste of space. Don't be an ass.

Thanks for the legitimate criticism, DoK, and for clarifying your points. I have the original Lunar and your review convinced me not to pick this version up.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Yes they certainly are, they even opened the copy they sold to me thinking they'd prove it was the LE but lo and behold, just the UMD and instruction manual and no extra bells and whistles. As if I don't know what the fuck I'm buying. I plan on filling out their questionnaire about my experience with the whole order pick up and rake them over the coals.[/QUOTE]

Do that. Fill out thee comment box. Everything you say gets sent to the store, and there are actually managers who go through it and try to fix serious problems.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Well I was hosed on the limited edition guys. Sorry to possibly cry wolf for the rest of you. Went to pick up my supposed "limited edition" and the cashier hands me the regular edition. Reading the puzzlement in my face she asks if it's the right game I reply yes, but the wrong edition. She looks up the picture online showing the difference and extras obviously not included in the edition she rang up for me. Apparently Best Buy only had one SKU as the limited edition though its only the regular edition. She then called over some dickbag who pointed out other sites sold the LE for 39.99 to which I reply I thought it was an online deal BestBuy.com was offering. He then proceeds to incorrectly tell me the extras are something I have to purchase on my own thus making it a LE. Yeah. I asked for my refund and left dejected. The girl was polite and helpful, the guy just a typical smarmy assface. Sorry guys. Let me know if by some chance it works out for you and you snag the LE for 30 or not.[/QUOTE]

Wow, no offense but I hope this is just you! Ill be pissed if my copy arrives(had it sent vs buying directly from store)and its not the LE. They advertised the LE so if this is a fuck up on their part they should automatically upgrade paying customers to LE for free.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow, no offense but I hope this is just you! Ill be pissed if my copy arrives(had it sent vs buying directly from store)and its not the LE. They advertised the LE so if this is a fuck up on their part they should automatically upgrade paying customers to LE for free.[/QUOTE]

went today and a worker told me

BEST BUY WILL NOT CARRY THE LE VERISON ...

so you will probally get the normal verison...

At least someone got to buy it. My wife went to pick it up and was told that the release date was the 17th, and they couldn't sell it. When she asked what would happen if she ordered it for in-store pickup, they told her that the order would sit at "pending" for a few days. I've already sent the nastygram.

[quote name='gargus']I know you have super bitch as your title thing and all but thats really not something to be proud of, anyone that proudly displays it has the wrong idea of whats good in a personality trait. It doesnt make you cool. Infact if you call yourself a bitch you probablly do so out of being treated like one and you feel jaded, but again if you dont act like one you wont be treated like one. But I can definitely see how you are because all Ive seen you done is aggresively look for excuses to complain and argue about things.

We know you dont like it, we got that after like the 5th time you typed 3 paragraphs bitching about it and then being as childish as telling someone to fuck off. Why not try later when you can find something else to say besides insults and complaints that have long since become repetitious because the point of this thread was to share a good price for our forums users, not turn into a rant fest and name calling contest. If you hate it so much what are you doing here?[/QUOTE]

I guess you're new here.

I was going to leave it at that but... let me explain a bit. I'm pretty blunt, I'm not afraid to swear, and I'm not afraid to call anyone out on their bullshit. I'll speak my mind about a game in a deal thread or other thread mentioning it because I don't want people to get burned, though every fucking time some crybaby always has to come in and whine about my post. It happens every fucking time. People have a right to know if someone has a differing opinion in the game. fuck, I remember when I imported Silent Hill: The Room before the American release, found it to be a total piece of shit, and posted in a deal forum thread about the game. People told me to fuck off. Then of course, when the game actually came out and people played it, only then did they realize I was trying to do them a favor.

You have a right to your opinion and you can like a game if you want. Just don't be an asshole. The swearing and bluntness can be off-putting in my posts, I know, but I always try to speak the truth about my opinions, unless I am blatantly trolling or using sarcasm/humor. I only call people out and be aggressive if they start out as the aggressor with nothing to stand behind their claims, like dipshit in this thread claiming I was a Victor Ireland fangirl when that had absolutely nothing to do with why I didn't enjoy the game.

That is total shit, but honestly when I first saw this thread I knew Best Buy was going to fuck it up somehow. Doesn't hurt for you guys to try to get the deal though, though it sounds like they aren't even stocking the LE. What a bunch of assholes.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow, no offense but I hope this is just you! Ill be pissed if my copy arrives(had it sent vs buying directly from store)and its not the LE. They advertised the LE so if this is a fuck up on their part they should automatically upgrade paying customers to LE for free.[/QUOTE]

If they don't send you the LE, they probably won't even have the LE. There is only one SKU listed on the website.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I guess you're new here.

I was going to leave it at that but... let me explain a bit. I'm pretty blunt, I'm not afraid to swear, and I'm not afraid to call anyone out on their bullshit. I'll speak my mind about a game in a deal thread or other thread mentioning it because I don't want people to get burned, though every fucking time some crybaby always has to come in and whine about my post. It happens every fucking time. People have a right to know if someone has a differing opinion in the game. fuck, I remember when I imported Silent Hill: The Room before the American release, found it to be a total piece of shit, and posted in a deal forum thread about the game. People told me to fuck off. Then of course, when the game actually came out and people played it, only then did they realize I was trying to do them a favor.

You have a right to your opinion and you can like a game if you want. Just don't be an asshole. The swearing and bluntness can be off-putting in my posts, I know, but I always try to speak the truth about my opinions, unless I am blatantly trolling or using sarcasm/humor. I only call people out and be aggressive if they start out as the aggressor with nothing to stand behind their claims, like dipshit in this thread claiming I was a Victor Ireland fangirl when that had absolutely nothing to do with why I didn't enjoy the game.

That is total shit, but honestly when I first saw this thread I knew Best Buy was going to fuck it up somehow. Doesn't hurt for you guys to try to get the deal though, though it sounds like they aren't even stocking the LE. What a bunch of assholes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a part of me thought it too good to be true. What a rude fucking awakening anyway, and an even ruder Blue shirted shitbag to tell me so indirectly. I went ahead and emailed their shitty customer service dept as if that'd do any good. God Best Buy really does suck.

[quote name='SDC']If they don't send you the LE, they probably won't even have the LE. There is only one SKU listed on the website.[/QUOTE]

Even if they dont upgrade you to LE they can atleast give you a $5 voucher or something for their fuck up. I mean seriously its bull shit that they list the wrong one and im forced to go through the stupid return process wasting my time because of their fuck up for nothing.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Yeah a part of me thought it too good to be true. What a rude fucking awakening anyway, and an even ruder Blue shirted shitbag to tell me so indirectly. I went ahead and emailed their shitty customer service dept as if that'd do any good. God Best Buy really does suck.[/QUOTE]

Best buy does indeed suck. I almost never shop with them because iv had so many head aches the few times iv been stupid enough to buy something from them.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I guess you're new here.

You have a right to your opinion and you can like a game if you want. Just don't be an asshole. The swearing and bluntness can be off-putting in my posts, I know, but I always try to speak the truth about my opinions, unless I am blatantly trolling or using sarcasm/humor. I only call people out and be aggressive if they start out as the aggressor with nothing to stand behind their claims, like dipshit in this thread claiming I was a Victor Ireland fangirl when that had absolutely nothing to do with why I didn't enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that you share your honest opinion and also take the time to explain your views--I wish more people would use forums in this manner However, the excessive swearing makes you seem like a teenager, and, quite frankly, it makes it difficult to take your advice seriously.

You have already stated your awareness that your choice of language can turn off people's interest in the points you're trying to make, so why not take the next step and simply stop doing it? Just a friendly suggestion from a fellow CAG.

Please continue to share your thoughts about videogames, but don't get bent out of shape if your foul language gives forums dwellers the wrong perception and, consequently, causes them to see your verbosity as trolling, rather than advice.

[quote name='AwRy108']I appreciate that you share your honest opinion and also take the time to explain your views--I wish more people would use forums in this manner However, the excessive swearing makes you seem like a teenager, and, quite frankly, it makes it difficult to take your advice seriously.

You have already stated your awareness that your choice of language can turn off people's interest in the points you're trying to make, so why not take the next step and simply stop doing it? Just a friendly suggestion from a fellow CAG.

Please continue to share your thoughts about videogames, but don't get bent out of shape if your foul language gives forums dwellers the wrong perception and, consequently, causes them to see your verbosity as trolling, rather than advice.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that into consideration, but I was raised around parents who swore a lot (though they didn't like me doing it :lol:) so it's kind of hard. I do it less in everyday life, but online, it can be hard for me to stop.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Best buy does indeed suck. I almost never shop with them because iv had so many head aches the few times iv been stupid enough to buy something from them.[/QUOTE]

I tend to just do aimless browsing 99% of the time I'm there, that and to laugh when I know amazon has the upper hand on lower prices on damn near everything. Hell amazon cancels an order last week and gives me a fucking 25 dollar credit! Best Buy sells me the wrong item advertised and wastes my time and gas. Talk about a wide chasm between the twos customer service.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'll take that into consideration, but I was raised around parents who swore a lot (though they didn't like me doing it :lol:) so it's kind of hard.[/QUOTE]

Two wrongs don't make a right, friend. Perhaps now is the time to break the cycle?

Regardless, keep sharing your opinions--maybe you can inspire some of the new CAG forum members to be more involved in discussion or, at least, post links when they create a deal thread ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'll take that into consideration, but I was raised around parents who swore a lot (though they didn't like me doing it :lol:) so it's kind of hard. I do it less in everyday life, but online, it can be hard for me to stop.[/QUOTE]

It's not even the cursing so much as it is the negative vibes you give off in a lot of your posts. But the cursing is a good indicator that I should skip over that particular post of yours since it'll be an overly negative perspective.

I dropped by my local BB to see if L:SSH limited edition was available. According to the BB employee, this game has a street date of 3/17/2010.

I ordered the L:SSH limited edition on bestbuy.com with in-store pickup. I went to the store, and like other posters here, found to my dismay, that it was the normal edition. The Best Buy clerk tried to convince me it was the Limited Edition. It was the only SKU in their system, so the clerk was telling that it must be the Limited Edition. I returned it and then went to a Fry's down the road. Picked up a copy of the Limited Edition and asked them to do a price match since Best Buy is apparently selling it for $29.99. So Fry's calls Best Buy and confirms that they're selling the Limited Edition for $29.99, and so Fry's sells it to me for that price.

[quote name='Seburo']I ordered the L:SSH limited edition on bestbuy.com with in-store pickup. I went to the store, and like other posters here, found to my dismay, that it was the normal edition. The Best Buy clerk tried to convince me it was the Limited Edition. It was the only SKU in their system, so the clerk was telling that it must be the Limited Edition. I returned it and then went to a Fry's down the road. Picked up a copy of the Limited Edition and asked them to do a price match since Best Buy is apparently selling it for $29.99. So Fry's calls Best Buy and confirms that they're selling the Limited Edition for $29.99, and so Fry's sells it to me for that price.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to try that at my local Fry's since based on what has been reported by CAGs. BB seems to have made a big mistake and is selling the regular L:SSH as a limited edition in stores and online.

Thanks for the tip, Seburo.

hmmm, just received a backorder email from bestbuy and they expect to ship in 1-2 weeks.... oh well... gonna cancel anyway since the total with tax/shipping isn't really saving me much and I already have one.

[quote name='DKRobbie']I tend to just do aimless browsing 99% of the time I'm there, that and to laugh when I know amazon has the upper hand on lower prices on damn near everything. Hell amazon cancels an order last week and gives me a fucking 25 dollar credit! Best Buy sells me the wrong item advertised and wastes my time and gas. Talk about a wide chasm between the twos customer service.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee too that their going to not refund me for shipping, so at the end of the day im out shipping, gas and time.

Of course too I was hoping for a last minute cancel but its already shipped...

Wow this is crap. I'd be helluva pissed if I ordered this (which I almost did) and got the standard edition when it was advertised as LE.

Speaking of returns, anyone know if Best buy has a way of returning without bringing it into the store, and if they do do they reimburse shipping for something like this? I have a best buy about 15 mins from me so im going to try there first, but if that does not work I want to try sending it back via mail.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Speaking of returns, anyone know if Best buy has a way of returning without bringing it into the store, and if they do do they reimburse shipping for something like this? I have a best buy about 15 mins from me so im going to try there first, but if that does not work I want to try sending it back via mail.[/QUOTE]

BestBuy's policy is on their website. You can return stuff purchased online by mail, but you're going have to pay shipping, unless it's their fault. This would seem to be a case of Best Buy at fault, but I don't know how many rounds you want to go with Customer Service.

I got the backordered email as well.... So what now? I know that they will refund shipping fee on wrong items, but yeah, extra trip to bb to return is a pain. By any chance they ship the LE? I don't believe bb is carrying the regular only...

[quote name='kk012']Has anyone checked BB to see whether or not the L:SSSH LE is even sold in-store?[/QUOTE]

I checked when I picked up God of War 3 Ultimate... The computer system said they had the limited, but all they had was the standard.

Best Buy simply ain't selling the Limited Edition.

[quote name='Serpentor']My copy is shipped, i'm not sure it's the LE, but the confirmation clearly says it's the LE. We'll know soon enough...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take that to mean anything. For some reason, it's in Best Buy systems as the Limited Edition, but the actual item in question is the regular edition. When I did in-store pickup, my receipts said it was limited edition, even though the clerk was handing me a regular edition. I pointed it out, and he said it was the correct SKU, that it matched the systems and he was selling me a limited edition. So as far as Best Buy knows, it's the limited edition. After all, that's what their systems describe it as. At this point, I'm certain enough, I would wager money that you're getting a regular edition in the mail.

[quote name='kk012']Has anyone checked BB to see whether or not the L:SSSH LE is even sold in-store?[/QUOTE]

I've been to every Best Buy in the greater San Diego area and not one is selling the Limited Edition, though plenty are selling the regular edition, and the little white cards with the pricetags always they're the limited edition. And there is only one SKU in their system for Lunar. They aren't getting any other versions.

Honestly, getting other stores to price match is the best option at this moment. Because the other stores will call Best Buy and ask if they sell the Limited Edition at $29.99, and the Best Buy clerk will look in the computer and see it listed as Limited Edition for $29.99, and say yes. If someone even asks to make sure it's the limited edition with the soundtrack CD and the cards, the Best Buy clerk will probably look at the description on their system, which says it has all that, and say yes, instead of actually looking at the actual item in question. I've done this at two different Fry's and both times, this is what happened.

received email from best buy:

"Thank you for your interest in the Lunar: Silver Star Harmony video game on BestBuy.com. This e-mail serves to inform you that there was a content error on our site in which we incorrectly stated this product was a limited edition, when in actuality this is the standard edition of the video game. The standard edition only includes the video game itself. Unfortunately, there is no limited edition available. We are currently working on correcting this error on BestBuy.com. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to any Best Buy store for a full refund within the 30 days of receiving it.
If you have any questions, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

The Customer Care Team"

Hey guys. I just wanted to bring something up... Best Buy doing what they're doing are technically violating FCC trade regulations.

What they are doing is technically considered "bait advertising."

What is bait advertising? According to the FCC FTC...(Google "Guides Against Bait Advertising 16 CFR PART 238" for more)

Sec. 238.0 Bait advertising defined.
Bait advertising is an alluring but insincere offer to sell a product or service which the advertiser in truth does not intend or want to sell. Its purpose is to switch consumers from buying the advertised merchandise, in order to sell something else, usually at a higher price or on a basis more advantageous to the advertiser. The primary aim of a bait advertisement is to obtain leads as to persons interested in buying merchandise of the type so advertised.

I'm no lawyer, but what they're doing is pretty clear, read on...

Sec. 238.2 Initial offer.
(a) No statement or illustration should be used in any advertisement which creates a false impression of the grade, quality, make, value, currency of model, size, color, usability, or origin of the product offered, or which may otherwise misrepresent the product in such a manner that later, on disclosure of the true facts, the purchaser may be switched from the advertised product to another.

(b) Even though the true facts are subsequently made known to the buyer, the law is violated if the first contact or interview is secured by deception.

Sec. 238.4 Switch after sale.
No practice should be pursued by an advertiser, in the event of sale of the advertised product, of "unselling" with the intent and purpose of selling other merchandise in its stead. Among acts or practices which will be considered in determining if the initial sale was in good faith, and not a stratagem to sell other merchandise, are:
(b) Failure to make delivery of the advertised product within a reasonable time or to make a refund,
I doubt this is the first time they've done this sort of thing.

Maybe if we show this to Best Buy Customer Service and ask nicely, we'd be able to come to some sort of mutual agreement?

Best Buy is clearly liable in this case. My 2 cents here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ac_fiz']received email from best buy:

"Thank you for your interest in the Lunar: Silver Star Harmony video game on BestBuy.com. This e-mail serves to inform you that there was a content error on our site in which we incorrectly stated this product was a limited edition, when in actuality this is the standard edition of the video game. The standard edition only includes the video game itself. Unfortunately, there is no limited edition available. We are currently working on correcting this error on BestBuy.com. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to any Best Buy store for a full refund within the 30 days of receiving it.
If you have any questions, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

The Customer Care Team"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I received the same e-mail AFTER they shipped the game. :headache:
Now, I gotta wait for it to arrive then return it to a BB.

bread's done
Back