M.A.S.K. - Coming to DVD 8.9.11 from Shout Factory!!!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQdgbs0IUDg

Pre-order from ShoutFactory.com and get a free Iron On Patch:

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/pr...58C5233D0294DBAA1420FFB391A219F&nocookie=true

Amazon Pre-order (no patch but much cheaper)
http://www.amazon.com/M-S-K-Complet...KL14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308504507&sr=8-1

Los Angeles, CA (March 30, 2011) - Shout! Factory and FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) announced today a deal to bring the renowned classic animated series M.A.S.K. to the home entertainment marketplace. Under its multi-year agreement with FME, Shout! Factory will be the exclusive home entertainment distributor with digital rights to the first 65 action-packed episodes of M.A.S.K. (known to fans as the original series aired in 1985) in North America. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory's founding partners Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos; and Jeff Siegel, FME VP of Home Entertainment, The Americas.
Finally!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I probably still have some of these figures in a box somewhere. Don't even remember the show, but the toys were awesome.

can't recall the show either but i had a ton of these toys! Would probably pick up a season just to relive some childhood moments

M.A.S.K. crusaders... working overtime, fighting crime... FIGHTING CRIME!

Secret raiders... who will neutralise as soon as they arrive... at the site!

Trakker's gonna lead the mission, and Spectrum's got such super vision!

M-M-M.A.S.K.!!!

Is the mighty power that can save the day!

Oh the memories... YAY!!!

PS: The toys rocked.

I remember the show. I always thought it was funny how they'd be in awkward situations and get the call on their watch.

One guy would be delivering a baby, another would be working on a car, etc.

I've probably seen every episode but I had honestly forgot about this show till I saw the Robot Chicken parodies. Might pick it up if the price is right though.

Just to have this in the thread somewhere:

M.A.S.K. = Mobile Armored Strike Kommand

V.E.N.O.M. = Vicious Evil Network Of Meyhem

Of the toys I grew up with, this was the biggest chunk of my portfolio, just ahead of He-Man and Transformers.

Wow.... Brings me back. I had these and like with my Star War's and Gi Joes these got given away too... :\

In other news... You guys realize there are kids that won't know wtf we're talking about. Guess what that means, you are all old fucks too. lol

Had some of the toys that I got from a friend as a kid. I was born in 85 so didn't know what they were from as was with most of the toys him and I traded. Hell I just liked most of them so thats why I traded the stuff I didn't want anymore for them. I never had the figures that went with them. I didn't even know what they were from till that toy isle thread here on cag. Well I think it was that thread. I hope Exo squad comes to DVD some time.

[quote name='VipFREAK']In other news... You guys realize there are kids that won't know wtf we're talking about. Guess what that means, you are all old fucks too. lol[/QUOTE]

And quite proud of it.

My favorite vehicle was the Thunderhawk, so much so that my first car was a Camaro. Looking forward to getting the DVD's.

OMG! the toys rocked! i loved that gall wing camaro the leader drove! i remember the garage gas station play set for xmas ! & going to school & trading with other school kids, like the orange jeep that opened up & it was a boat ( Gator i think) & the yellow motorcycle , that turned in to a helicopter. Dam the good o'l days.. He-man, transformers, go-bots, g.i. joe, m.u.s.c.l.e. , M.A.S.K. , silver hawks , i can go on & on. but i think i'll be picking this up so i can see it with my two boys! good times!

It's about time!!!

I've been searching and waiting for this for some time now.
Can't wait!! :D

Now if someone can release vol 2 of silverhawks.

Am I the only one that misses the outrageous media that came out during the 80s? Watching the intro just reminded me of something you dont see much nowadays, that is, blatant unapologetic action for no reason. Hell, even the little kid plays chicken with a truck and a speeding car for no apparent reason. If decades were named after people, the 80s would be called Michael Bay. Unfortunately, I didnt see much of the show growing up, but that intro reminded me of ever other 80s cartoons I used to love.

[quote name='skinkrawl']And quite proud of it.[/QUOTE]

thumbs_up_emoticon.gif

Awesome......lets hope the video quality is pretty good. We don't know how bad this might be......

Next on my list for them to release.......Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future!!!!

[quote name='VipFREAK']http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17497327AGNXDqdf

Wow, that takes me back... Farther. lol[/QUOTE]

I remember those toys, standing in front of the tv blasting it with the captain power ship zapper toy. At first glance of that episode, that guy in the cloak reminds me of kane from c&c .

Shout Factory is starting to release some awesome shows, from years ago. C.o.ps, braver starr, now M.A.S.K. How about some more of the real ghostbusters, Silverhawks, Centurions, Sky commanders, and the other versions of G.I. Joe. I'm sure i'm missing some other shows that haven't been released.

I still have almost every one of the toys in my basement - boxes and all! I definitely have all of the first and second series of toys (maybe minus 1 or 2) but probably none of Series 3 (Split Seconds, I think they were called).

[quote name='squishface']I remember those toys, standing in front of the tv blasting it with the captain power ship zapper toy. At first glance of that episode, that guy in the cloak reminds me of kane from c&c .

Shout Factory is starting to release some awesome shows, from years ago. C.o.ps, braver starr, now M.A.S.K. How about some more of the real ghostbusters, Silverhawks, Centurions, Sky commanders, and the other versions of G.I. Joe. I'm sure i'm missing some other shows that haven't been released.[/QUOTE]

Ghostbuster is already out in a full series box by Time. It has the best packaging of any 80s cartoon

[quote name='squishface']I'm sure i'm missing some other shows that haven't been released.[/QUOTE]
Dinosaucers!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Awesome......lets hope the video quality is pretty good. We don't know how bad this might be......

Next on my list for them to release.......Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future!!!![/QUOTE]
That's the one with the toy ships which fire light beams isn't it?

I had the toy of that main car back when I was a kid. I can't wait to grab this DVD and dive back into my childhood lol.

Main I loved this show, I think my favorite was the asian guy, I think his mask gave him telekinetic powers or something. Didn't his vehicle go from car to boat mode I think?

Wow, i don't remember this at all and i would've been 7-8 when it was out. I remember loving GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers, The Snorks, Go-Bots, Inspector Gadget, Voltron, and many others though.

I remember loving this show, but don't actually remember the show itself, just that I loved it, if that makes sense. Had a bunch of the toys too. Price is steep to me. I'll let it be out for awhile and let Amazon gold box it for me. I had no idea that this show was on long enough to fill 12 discs too. I thought it came and went relatively quickly, which pissed me off, because I had so many other toys I didn't get yet(and never got).

Amazon's listing has people saying this isn't the complete series either, just season 1, even though it says complete series on the box. Oh, WTF?

The reason its listed as the Complete Series when its really S1 is because of rights in the US.

Somewhere after the show went off the air the rights for the first season and the short spin off racing 2nd season broke up

Shout has rights to the first 65 eps which follow the same characters and storylines, thus they are calling it the Complete Series

The 2nd season made up 10 episodes and basically had nothing really to do with the 1st season.

Its stupid but I would rather have the first 65 released then not have the show because the horrible last 10 racing episodes are legally tied up elsewhere

The UK and Australian sets have all 75 episodes in one set

Don't really remember this show well but I did have some of the toys and it has one of the best 80s cartoon openings. I'm definitely grabbing a copy.

bread's done
Back