Machete (2) Kills!: BOGO This Saturday only!

I'll only see it if they just make a fun movie and stop bashing the audience over the head with the blunt political commentary. That totally ruined the first one which would have been awesome without said political commentary.

[quote name='Clak']A conservative friend of mine hated the first one, I can't imagine why.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I can see that. It's been a while since I saw the first movie but I probably agree with a lot of its political message, it was just so heavy handed and forced that it made the movie awful.

They did the same thing with Killing Them Softly. The political messages took away from what should have been otherwise fun action/crime movies as those political commentaries added nothing of value to the movie. It was like the writer and/or director were like "Well, since I have you here as a captive audience, let me throw this shit at you that you weren't expecting!"

[quote name='kodave']I can see that. It's been a while since I saw the first movie but I probably agree with a lot of its political message, it was just so heavy handed and forced that it made the movie awful.

They did the same thing with Killing Them Softly. The political messages took away from what should have been otherwise fun action/crime movies as those political commentaries added nothing of value to the movie. It was like the writer and/or director were like "Well, since I have you here as a captive audience, let me throw this shit at you that you weren't expecting!"[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. I don't like political commentary in most of my movies or TV series, because the issues are generally misrepresented, one-sided, and/or oversimplified.

If they're really careful they can make it work on a small scale, but I'd rather they just let the characters do their thing without embedding a message.

Eh, it had a message if you were looking for it. The white folks in the movie were mostly the bad guys, while the heroes were mostly not white. I can see why some folks would see that as a message, but to me it's only if you want to take it as a message.

Or to put it this way, it's no more a message than it is when the heroes of a film are all white and the bad guy is a minority. So at most this is just the old film cliche being turned on it's head for once.

That's what I'm saying. You gotta dig deep in what is essentially a grindhouse flick to find a message. I had wine and pizza and just enjoyed the craziness. An overall message was nothing I saw or was looking for.

More proof that this shit is gonna be awesome!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/sofia-vergara-takes-aim-in-new-machete-kills-poster
SOFIA-VERGARA_machete-kills-poster.jpg

[quote name='dohdough']A machine gun bra is no crazier than a machine gun on a bike. I'm there on opening day.:D[/QUOTE]

oh I am gonna be there for the 10pm/12am release! (if they have it!) . How crazy is this shit going to get?

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh I am gonna be there for the 10pm/12am release! (if they have it!) . How crazy is this shit going to get?[/QUOTE]

Only enough to have us wanting Machete 3.:cool:

oh god, they pushed it back a few weeks to October!  WTF? Whatever, if they put it toe to toe with PA5, Machete will slice the fuckers up!

Must either be for reshoots , or test audiences didn't like the ending or something.... really?   I am not expecting a deep movie, I know it's just going to be stupid fun(ny).

I really hope they don't go over the top with CG....which it looks like they are....

My excitement level just dropped 2 points because of the trailer :(

I can deal with CG, but is there such a thing as being too campy? The trailer reminded me of The Office episode: Threat Level Midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
New trailer...

It's getting there........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F07GK4iSaeM&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DF07GK4iSaeM&has_verified=1

Well folks, this is it!  The sequel to the first movie comes out tonight in early sneak peeks across the county.  Already got my tickets but was disappointed to learn that there was no "Machete-Thon" ANYWHERE :(

Enjoy.......can't wait to talk about it over the weekend.

So...........did anyone see it?

Thoughts......

Honestly, it was either the two bitches who kept on running their mouths during the movie or how weird it got towards the end that kinda ruined it for me.

There were a few crazy wtf/wth moments.

-The Wall that was mentioned from the first movie was built.

-Senator Mcgloughlan's poster can be seen in the early part of the movie.

-Jessica Alba's character dies :( blah

-Mel Gibson's character and motives made so sense......him putting on that weird Cobra Commander type mask from the first GI Joe movie was meh.

-Michelle Rodriguez's character get's shot in the other eye...making her blind but not dead.....

-Desdemona's cock piece gun......agh....tasteless.

-All the chicks were hot in this movie..

-Machete gets gunned down at point blank yet the next scene he's repaired.....um....what the fuck?

-only 5 people in the theater during the 8pm showing :whistle2:(  *sigh*

-The ending got really sci-fy' .... The movie really pushed that a sequel is coming that will be totally what the fuck?

-Too many star wars references.

I give it a 5 out of 10 . 

For a movie that I really had high hopes for these past few years since the first movie, it was kinda a let down.  According to Box office results, it did not fair well against Captain Phillips and Gravity this weekend.

What the hell happened to Robert Rodriguez between the first one and second movie??

Maybe you would have liked it more if you brought 3-D glasses? :)

I saw it on opening day and made a small post about it in the Movie thread.  Anyway,  I thought it was f'n hilarious and the commercials are tame compared to what is actually in the movie. The mock trailer at the very beginning set the tone for the entire movie so you knew exactly what to expect (don't tell you didn't laugh when they killed Bieber).

The bad:

The villain with the split personalities. Just didn't work for me. That one tall henchman (who must be a stuntman or choreographer in real life) was incredible.

The revelation with the masked man near the end. It was so obvious in the beginning of the movie.

The pacing of the story didn't really pick up until the boat was destroyed. 

The good:

Everything else. Yes, this was over the top and full of WTF [and quotable] moments. It's pretty obvious that was the point. Plus the way they introduced Lady Gaga and Antonio Bandaras  was great. I don't know how Machete Kills Again is going to finish the trilogy's story since
all the clones will get in the way and Michelle Rodriguez (who is now stuck in clone mode after Resident Evil) has two eyes but will probably get sci fi enhanced vision
but it's going to be hilarious to watch.  I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

Also, make sure to stay after the credits for a few additional scenes.  

It's odd; this is the same exact reaction to Kick Ass 2 which was also good. Are people afraid to laugh during action scenes?  

I don't know what you're talking about. I used a spoiler tag for the intense stuff. 

If it's about "Machete Kills Again", you know there was going to be a third movie since the end of "Machete".

The masked man? It's the most obvious thing in the entire movie. Hell, you can figure it out in a commercial.

Mock trailer where Bieber dies, villain with the split personalities, revelation about the masked man that gives away the ending, and the boat getting destroyed: looks like 4 things that should've been in spoilers to me. It's like saying Zod kills Jor-El in Man of Steel and insisting that it isn't a spoiler because we all know Jor-El dies anyways. Or how Michelle Rodriguez's character gets shot in Machete, but it's obvious that we should know that she survives because she's wearing an eye patch in some of the commercials.

edit: I know you're not talking about The Sixth Sense-level spoilers here, but c'mon, the movie's only been out for a couple days.

Mock trailer where Bieber dies, villain with the split personalities, revelation about the masked man that gives away the ending, and the boat getting destroyed: looks like 4 things that should've been in spoilers to me. It's like saying Zod kills Jor-El in Man of Steel and insisting that it isn't a spoiler because we all know Jor-El dies anyways. Or how Michelle Rodriguez's character gets shot in Machete, but it's obvious that we should know that she survives because she's wearing an eye patch in some of the commercials.

1. Do you honestly think Bieber is essential to the entire movie? Are you a Belieber?

2. Which one? I know film critics have already said this and like me, I didn't say who.

3. I didn't say it gave away the ending. It was something "near" the ending about one person. I didn't say who.

4. Are you kidding me? The boat explosion has been in EVERY. SINGLE. COMMERCIAL.

And honestly, it's been out in theaters for a few days so you had plenty of time to watch.

Stop trolling.

1. Do you honestly think Bieber is essential to the entire movie? Are you a Belieber?
Do you like hearing the punchline of a joke before you hear the the build up?

2. Which one? I know film critics have already said this and like me, I didn't say who.
Are there full texts of those reviews on this thread? Is there more than one villain with split personalities? Congrats! You just dropped another spoiler.

3. I didn't say it gave away the ending. It was something "near" the ending about one person. I didn't say who.
Ahhh ok. So the revelation about a masked man towards the end of the movie that you say that's telegraphed at the beginning isn't a spoiler and you giving more details about it doesn't make it a bigger spoiler either because you don't name names.

4. Are you kidding me? The boat explosion has been in EVERY. SINGLE. COMMERCIAL.
Newsflash, I've only seen the initial trailer and the red band one a month ago. Or just maybe, someone in the world hasn't seen EVERY.SINGLE.COMMERCIAL.EVER.

And honestly, it's been out in theaters for a few days so you had plenty of time to watch.
And honestly, I happen to have a life and actual responsibilities that make it difficult to catch movies the weekend they come out sometimes. Maybe when you grow up and have some responsibilities that involve taking care of someone besides yourself, you'll understand that. If a "few days" is "plenty of time" for me, then why bother putting anything in spoiler tags at all? Oh I know, because you don't want to give away any of the movie because some people might not have seen it yet.

Why not just spoil the entire movie at this point since we've all had plenty of time to see it.

Stop trolling.
I see. So it's "trolling" when someone calls you out on dropping spoilers. :roll:

I guess it's a little too much to ask for a littlest bit of common courtesy..

ENOUGH YOU GUYS!

I was really expecting a bigger crowd for the early release, but with less than half a dozen people in the theater!?!!? that wasn't a good sign to start off.

I need to rewatch it again this week and do it soon because if it bombed like this it may not last two weeks.

*sigh*

ENOUGH YOU GUYS!

I was really expecting a bigger crowd for the early release, but with less than half a dozen people in the theater!?!!? that wasn't a good sign to start off.

I need to rewatch it again this week and do it soon because if it bombed like this it may not last two weeks.

*sigh*
Sorry for shitting up the thread, dude.

I'm definitely going to be telling all my family, friends, and coworkers to see this movie. I'd be a shame if they didn't make a third...and a forth...and a fifth. :D

Man this movie bomba'd hard.

Saw it at the Saturday matinee.  Less than 10 people there.  It was ok but I thought some parts were boring and not that entertaining.  Definitely preferred the first one.  Still hope they make #3, looks like it could be the best yet.

Man this movie bomba'd hard.

Saw it at the Saturday matinee. Less than 10 people there. It was ok but I thought some parts were boring and not that entertaining. Definitely preferred the first one. Still hope they make #3, looks like it could be the best yet.
I think Gravity and Captain Philips had too many good reviews that people went to see that instead. This movie should have stayed in it's September release date.

Unless this movie does well either this week or even on home media...........the studio may or may not approve going ahead with the 3rd movie......but come to think about it, they could go ahead with the sequel anyways since it is low budget.

Unless this movie does well either this week or even on home media...........the studio may or may not approve going ahead with the 3rd movie......but come to think about it, they could go ahead with the sequel anyways since it is low budget.
They spent $20 million on advertising alone. Which makes no sense to me.

bread's done
Back