Macho Man stopped the rapture with a flying elbow drop! OOOOOTT YEEAAAAH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear you weren't raptured 83. Was starting to wonder for a second.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You could also add an "OOOOOTT YEEAAAAH" if you wanted to be cheesy. 8)[/QUOTE]

You win. If only because you actually had OTT in your title unlike Ugamer. Looks like I can't trust him now, can I?

FamilyRadio.com "What's New": "Graphical Homepage updated on: Mon, 23 May 2011". No mention of May 21st is found. Apparently the website was updated by a sinner.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Sorry, Mak...can't click on the spoiler. Im waiting for my copy to arrive from Go Hastings. :whistle2:(

In other weird news, I was talking to a friend of our family a few weeks ago about this whole rapture nonsense...turns out he had a heart attack and died on Saturday while hiking with his girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

He's in a heaven filled with titties and beer and Macho Man Randy Savage. Ooooooh yeeeeaaaaah. :cool:

Meanwhile, we're all just still stuck here, rotting and waiting for the world to end.

Sorry about your friend, dude. :(

[quote name='Maklershed']Hooray! Another cloudy, rainy day in PA. That makes about 140 out of the 150 or so days this year.

Spoilerish LA Noire question for those of you that are Detectives or higher. Don't click on this if you're in Traffic or lower.
So in the case with the murdered wife where the husband (the guy from Heros) and the child molestor were the suspects. Who was actually the killer? I picked the child molestor guy but in a little conversation you have with the chief in the diner he makes it sound like you picked the wrong guy but he's still really happy about getting the guy in jail anyway.
[/QUOTE]Just keep playing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']He's in a heaven filled with titties and beer and Macho Man Randy Savage. Ooooooh yeeeeaaaaah. :cool:

Meanwhile, we're all just still stuck here, rotting and waiting for the world to end.

Sorry about your friend, dude. :(
[/QUOTE]

I should probably go play Darksiders, just to get some early intel on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

[quote name='Number83']I should probably go play Darksiders, just to get some early intel on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is an awesome game... 1000/1000 AND platinum'ed it. Play it!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Darksiders is an awesome game... 1000/1000 AND platinum'ed it. Play it![/QUOTE]

I agree. I only have 785/1000, but it is worth it. Bought it for either $20 or $30 and was easily worth it.

Speaking of, I should probably play Dante's Inferno soon all things considered, but don't know if I want too.

So .. PSN Store coming back tomorrow?

[quote name='JStryke']Speaking of, I should probably play Dante's Inferno soon all things considered, but don't know if I want too.[/QUOTE]

After reading Inferno and Escape From Hell back to back, I too kind of have an itch to check out Dante's Inferno. I hear its very God of Warish.

Dante's Inferno is serviceable, at best. It gets very stale by the midpoint, and by the end you just want it to be over.

I also 1000/1000 and platinum'ed it, but more because it was easy to get the extra trophies/achievements after getting most of them in the first playthrough.

The difference? I kept my PS3 copy of Darksiders and promptly sold my copy of Dante's Inferno (after playing that wretched DLC... damn right).

macho-man-stopped-rapture.jpg

[quote name='crunchewy']
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/22/BAKO1JJIK7.DTL&tsp=1[/QUOTE]

"I'm not as disappointed as everyone since I didn't fully believe him," said one, who asked to remain anonymous Sunday because he worried he would be shunned for admitting he was "upset" with Camping.

I love how they stand by their precious religion until they ("anonymous") are associated with looking like a complete and colossal idiot. It's like the Republicans hiding when Sarah Palin made them all look like idiots...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Darksiders is an awesome game... 1000/1000 AND platinum'ed it. Play it![/QUOTE]

I didn't like it. I bought it really cheap and played i think up until i killed the third boss or something and just couldn't bring myself to play it again. I traded it off while it was still worth something and got two games out of it, IIRC.

In chem lecture a little while ago I was rolling off Macho Man references. Professor said, "Any questions......pertaining to this?" and I said to my friend, "Good thing he qualified that. I was going to ask if he heard about the Macho Man Randy Savage. Ooooooooh Yeaaaaaaahhhh." Then later he mentioned how "we can never know the true value of a population, only the one above (meaning God) knows the true value." and again I leaned to my friend and said, "The Macho Man, Randy Savage." We were dieing.

[quote name='Eviltude']I didn't like it. I bought it really cheap and played i think up until i killed the third boss or something and just couldn't bring myself to play it again. I traded it off while it was still worth something and got two games out of it, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Are you a fan of OoT or Twilight Princess?

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Finally went to Yardhouse for the first time. Overrated. I'll maybe go back in about a year when there isn't a 3 hour wait to get a beer on tap.[/QUOTE]

Overpriced for sure. But I've never had bad service and their selection is fantastic. I haven't felt the need to go since I stole one of their half yard glasses by shoving it in my pants.

I fucking hate my new post man. He refuses to leave packages at the door like the last guy. The last guy did our route for like 10 years and even told him that is how it is done. Now I have to wait until Friday before I can get my repeater. Might have to get $$$ to pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I love how they stand by their precious religion until they ("anonymous") are associated with looking like a complete and colossal idiot. It's like the Republicans hiding when Sarah Palin made them all look like idiots...[/QUOTE]

Deny her three times and the cock will crow.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Are you a fan of OoT or Twilight Princess?[/QUOTE]

I loved OoT, but never really played Twilight Princess even though my sister has it upstairs (and never plays her wii anymore). She found an expansion pack for N64 at a thrift store the other week which means we can finally play Majora's Mask. I hear it's not that great, but I've had it so long and unable to play it, so naturally I've just been dieing to do so.

I was told Darksiders was like a mixture of God of War and OoT, but I just couldn't get into it. After checking my trophies after getting home, I got 8% of them for Darksiders before I got rid of it :lol:.

When I was younger, I actually preferred MM over OoT. Been thing for me when I was a kid was the transformations you undertook when putting on a mask. The zora mask was my favorite.

[quote name='Eviltude']I loved OoT, but never really played Twilight Princess even though my sister has it upstairs (and never plays her wii anymore). She found an expansion pack for N64 at a thrift store the other week which means we can finally play Majora's Mask. I hear it's not that great, but I've had it so long and unable to play it, so naturally I've just been dieing to do so.

I was told Darksiders was like a mixture of God of War and OoT, but I just couldn't get into it. After checking my trophies after getting home, I got 8% of them for Darksiders before I got rid of it :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Majora's Mask is excellent... if you don't use a guide it can be pretty difficult too... it's one of the few games I kept a guide handy for since there's so much you can miss and I wanted to do as much as possible in a single playthrough. I don't regret it at all.

Did you at least beat Tiamat in the cathedral?
I'm looking at your trophies... it looks like you quit right before it got good. If you didn't play through the first dungeon (twilight cathedral right after the weird on rails shmup section...), you missed out. You get the crossblade in the first dungeon, and you don't have the trophy for it, so I'm guessing you gave up before you got there... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel ashamed that I just bought an avatar item, new gamerpic, and a new theme for my 360. Oh well. I've had the theme and gamerpic since I got my 360, so I guess a little change in two-three years isn't such a bad thing. Plus with already having or having no interest in the DotW items in the past two months or so, my points were collecting dust anyways.

As for majora's mask being difficult, it's been a while, but the only overly difficult part was what I believe was the 4th temple. It was very water templeish with how much of a pain in the ass it was.

[quote name='JStryke']I feel ashamed that I just bought an avatar item, new gamerpic, and a new theme for my 360. Oh well. I've had the theme and gamerpic since I got my 360, so I guess a little change in two-three years isn't such a bad thing. Plus with already having or having no interest in the DotW items in the past two months or so, my points were collecting dust anyways.

As for majora's mask being difficult, it's been a while, but the only overly difficult part was what I believe was the 4th temple. It was very water templeish with how much of a pain in the ass it was.[/QUOTE]

Once you get going, the game is easier, but still, trying to get all the masks so you can become Oni Link is rather taxing to get everything right.

I had the most trouble finding the first temple... once I figured it out and got inside, the game started to click. :)

[quote name='flowery']I am addicted to Treme and can't wait to get the other discs for season 1.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to watch that but HBO is really friggin weird sometimes with their On Demand stuff. They only put up the first season for like a week. So needless to say I missed it.

(they had The Pacific up for one friggin day!)

Finally got a ps3. Target deal was too good to pass up.

ps3 $140
gift cards $100 + $60

With tax the system came out to $153 but yeah, still got more gift card money then the cost of the system.

[quote name='DT778']Finally got a ps3. Target deal was too good to pass up.

ps3 $140
gift cards $100 + $60

With tax the system came out to $153 but yeah, still got more gift card money then the cost of the system.[/QUOTE]
Hot damn, you get both gift cards for that deal?

If I knew I would ever play on the PS3, I'd be strongly tempted to get that. Especially since I would also get an additional 15% off (employee + red card).

[quote name='Maklershed']zew - do you still have that Banksy thing?[/QUOTE]

I think so. My dad might have fucked it up when he put it in storage for me or thrown it away. I sort of forgot about it when I picked up and moved to LA. I know my friend and my cousin still have theirs.

Morning, OTT.

So, Number83.5 is starting to push that "I'll be 18 soon, and then I can do what I want" button...He wants to get the most stupid tattoo on his bicep. First of all, while athletic, he does not have an ounce of muscle in his bicep. Second, it's a fancy, barb wire looking, type cross...So I ask him "What's the significance, you don't go to church, and your dad is Jewish."

To which he replied: "I'll be 18 in a few months, and then I can do what I want" Yeah, I have no say...I only raised him. But I had the last laugh. I replied, "True, I don't have any say what you do, but I do have a say in what rent you'll be paying if you decide to live here when you turn 18. Oh, and I'm telling your mother."

/checkmate

Hahaha.

I used to talk about getting the stupidest tattoos when I was a kid, just to get reactions out of my mom.

When I was 16, I once told her that I was going to start lifting weights [dot dot dot] with one arm, so I could have one giant, buff arm. She mildly shat herself.

[quote name='Maklershed']I wanted to watch that but HBO is really friggin weird sometimes with their On Demand stuff. They only put up the first season for like a week. So needless to say I missed it.

(they had The Pacific up for one friggin day!)[/QUOTE]

I just waited for the Blu on Netflix. I just wish Netflix would have HBO and other good shows/channels on Instant. It sucks having to rent out 4 or 5 discs for a season.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Majora's Mask is excellent... if you don't use a guide it can be pretty difficult too... it's one of the few games I kept a guide handy for since there's so much you can miss and I wanted to do as much as possible in a single playthrough. I don't regret it at all.

Did you at least beat Tiamat in the cathedral?
I'm looking at your trophies... it looks like you quit right before it got good. If you didn't play through the first dungeon (twilight cathedral right after the weird on rails shmup section...), you missed out. You get the crossblade in the first dungeon, and you don't have the trophy for it, so I'm guessing you gave up before you got there... :([/QUOTE]

I think I got to it but that was about where I gave up, as you noted. Maybe I will get it again if I find time for it. I know it was pretty cheap when it was fairly new so I bet I could find it real cheap now or a bit down the line.

This house I'm staying in at anaheim hills has a beautiful view of yorba linda. I wish I had remembered that california is cold.

[quote name='DT778']Finally got a ps3. Target deal was too good to pass up.

ps3 $140
gift cards $100 + $60

With tax the system came out to $153 but yeah, still got more gift card money then the cost of the system.[/QUOTE]

Woah. I need to look into that deal. I'll definitely buy it for $140 *and* with all those gift cards. Surely there's a catch. Heck, even if I just get the $100 or the $60, and a $140 price, I'll buy for sure.

[quote name='crunchewy']Woah. I need to look into that deal. I'll definitely buy it for $140 *and* with all those gift cards. Surely there's a catch. Heck, even if I just get the $100 or the $60, and a $140 price, I'll buy for sure.[/QUOTE]

You still have to pay $300.

LOL. So why say that PS3 is $140? Oh well, I should have known. I'm better off using my $100 off a PS3 coupon for Gamestop. Less OOP. I just need to figure out if I really need a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back