Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade RickRoll's THE ENTIRE COUNTRY

I like how they actually started the other song and then totally interrupted themselves with Rick Astley.

[quote name='Magehart']Win... bastards.[/quote]

yeah, seriously. that was the biggest, baddest rickroll evar. my brain still kinda hurts.

That was great...I DVRd the parade, woke up late though. I'd be lip synching too in that frigid ass weather.

That song is still a guilty pleasure of mine

Too bad the only people that understand what the hell was going on is people who spend insane amounts of time on the internet. Everyone else was probably thinking what the hell is happening?

Yeah I saw it. I was waking up and the family had the parade on and I was thinking how stupid blue looked as a balloon and then it happened...I was RickRolled...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Except, not really. Tons of people who aren't "internet folks" know what a Rickroll is. Especially after Family Guy did it.[/quote]

Really, both of those groups are basically linked anyway.

Family Guy = Internet People.

I guarantee you that a third of the people were just like "Hey, I loved this song when I was in High School." and then sang along.

That was so freakin' awesome right there, the best part of that not to entertaining parade in my opinion.

This is the perfect way to let this thing die. A good use of it, but really, it's over for this internet meme. Really.

:rofl: That's great.
I'm sure the 90% of America who doesn't know what Rick Roll is were probably going "..what happened? Oh well, I like this song :)"

For anyone still entertained by this, Barry Manilow is going to cover this song on the Today show in a few minutes.

Personally I don't get it, but whatever.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']this really did jump the shark[/quote]

I agree.

I don't think anyone in the country "got" it. The song just kinda became popular again. fuck, so every time I hear this for the rest of my life, some people are gonna freak out and scream "teh rick roll!" ???

I swear that the commercial I saw a few days ago specifically mentioned Rick Astley being in the parade. Does that still count if it was an advertised Rickroll?

And for the record: the blue puppet looked like a penis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be honest they did mention something to the effect of "Internet Phenomenon" which most people would then figure out as "one of those dorky internet fads" followed by rolling their eyes and moving on with their day.

[quote name='Ziv']I swear that the commercial I saw a few days ago specifically mentioned Rick Astley being in the parade. Does that still count if it was an advertised Rickroll?

And for the record: the blue puppet looked like a penis.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was billed as performing in the parade. From there it was just a matter of when the Rickroll was coming.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Once he actually gets in on the gag himself, the fad is officially dead. For shame.[/QUOTE]

If anything he has certainly made quite a bit of money from this since his music sales have gone up.

bread's done
Back