Mad Catz Spring Sale: 20% OFF PS3 TE FightSticks, B1G1 TVC + more! ENDS MONDAY!

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It's been awhile since Mad Catz has had a 20% discount on fighting game related stuff! Here we go again!

Mad Catz Spring Sale: 20% OFF PS3 Tournament Edition FightSticks + more!

Spring Sale - GameShark� Store

Right now, for a LIMITED TIME ONLY (Not sure when we're ending this)... you can get TWENTY (20!) PERCENT off any Tournament Edition FightStick on the GameShark Store (Limit 1 per order).

Just use code SPRINGTE at checkout for the 20% discount!

Here is what is currently in stock:

8838.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

MV3-4738.jpg
SS48838_ChunLi.jpg

• Street Fighter IV (Round 1) FightStick TE - Available for PS3 ONLY
  • Street Fighter IV (Round 2) FightStick TE
  • Super Street Fighter IV (Chun-Li) FightStick TE 'S'
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 FightStick TE

Unfortunately we have sold out of our standard FightSticks, FightPads, and some of the other TE FightSticks (MVC2, 360 Round 1, SSFIV Black/White, etc.).

If you're looking for an SE style stick or FightPad, I'd recommend the WWE versions (unfortunately no discount on those at this time).

Also, check out our range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!

stick_shaft_dust_cyan.jpg
stick_bezel_lightpurple.jpg

• FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
  • FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
  • Sanwa JLF Joystick
  • Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons
  • Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons
  • Combat FightStick: Ultimate Edition Top Panel for TE FightSticks (currently out of stock)

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Check out my modded Chun-Li TE 'S' ! Modded with a Cthulhu to work on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Yellow Mad Catz bezel. Clear Mad Catz dust washer & shaft cover set. Swapped out the default Sanwa buttons for the blue (6) and yellow (2) scheme. Yellow Sanwa LB-35 ball top. ♥

The only thing I'm not doing right now is wearing my Mad Catz shirt! BTW, look at Kayane rockin' her limited edition Chun-Li FightStick and wearing the LE Chun-Li inspired shirt!

60435_478865160235_245509115235_7156626_4924458_n.jpg

NOTE: Mad Catz does not condone/advise you to modify your sticks/therefore voiding your warranty.

26584_328774448882_507353882_3611114_1721972_n.jpg

37290_402649548882_507353882_4431258_7427095_n.jpg

Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...

TShirt-TeamMad.jpg

• Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)

For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!

THIS DEAL IS LIVE NOW!

ALSO! Sign up for our GameShark Newsletter! Receive the latest updates on all our sales/promos! Signing up for the newsletter will get you 10% off your next purchase (Coupons can NOT be stacked).

---

Also on sale, B1G1 on the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FightStick for the Wii!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bumslie']Yes they have had this in the past. This last holiday season they ran a special on SF IV R1 & R2 sticks for B1G1. Having 2 sticks for that price I couldn't pass it up. I don't know if they do this every year but the sale was extended a second time after the first one ended. If you wait I would wait til the holidays but then who know what the stock will look like.[/QUOTE]

holy smokes are you f'ing serious? the TE's were part of the B1G1? well hot damn, i'm gonna wait for that then. like you said, stock issues may be a problem but thanks man. :)

[quote name='Donut2922']holy smokes are you f'ing serious? the TE's were part of the B1G1? well hot damn, i'm gonna wait for that then. like you said, stock issues may be a problem but thanks man. :)[/QUOTE]

If you have the patience to wait it's worth it unless you need one ASAP!

Who knows if the B1G1 free will come back. I hope it does so other CAGs can get there game on with these quality sticks. I think I paid with shipping & tax $170 for the 2 sticks. These sticks weigh about 10 lbs. also I heard some people from that deal got sticks that had problems. I would hate to have to do a return on these sticks.

[quote name='dejeckt']Firstly, I do not mind chun li stick having extras, but I've seen a chun li stick numbered 2020/2000 either in shoryuken's 'new stick' thread or a youtube video. Also the apparent availability of the sticks makes me question how limited this stick is. Well if the stick isn't limited I would feel less guilty in modding it, but at the same time I kinda feel I've been mislead.
*will update post after finding the link to my claim of being numbered 2020/2000[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'd feel mis-lead as well if that's the case but then again, I didn't buy it mainly for the limited edition aspect. I bought it mainly b/c the crazy looking translucent blue case & 3D lenticular artwork w/that rigid top layer (in addition to the Sanwa parts & design). The limited part was just a bonus for me but to each their own.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Fair enough. I just don't see how there can be so many when there are only 2000. In regards to the guy that said he saw one where it was 2020/2000, I found a youtube video where a guy in the comments section claims that he has 2086/2000. It may be BS but we should know soon enough when people start receiving their new ones. [/QUOTE]

Yes, we've all seen it at Fry's...but where else have you seen it for sale (in the U.S.) besides Fry's, Madcatz (Gameshark) & Capcom's website? And no, Craigslist & eBay doesn't count, haha! My point is, not that many stores & websites has it for sale. Not sure how many have been sold to this day but (again) how many people can justify walking into Fry's & spend $160 (plus local tax) on a joystick (hence them sitting on the shelves)? That's not a lot of money BUT that's a lot for a gaming peripheral.

Markman, can you respond to these questions regarding over-production (> #2000)?

Found the pic to prove my claim (it was actually 2030/2000 not 2020/2000)

Check JayBalance post made on 2/20/11 at 3:46pm (post # 16398)
http://shoryuken.com/f177/check-out...d-part-deux-201537/index656.html#post10298991

Ya, I'd feel mis-lead as well if that's the case but then again, I didn't buy it mainly for the limited edition aspect. I bought it mainly b/c the crazy looking translucent blue case & 3D lenticular artwork w/that rigid top layer (in addition to the Sanwa parts & design). The limited part was just a bonus for me but to each their own.

Same here, I bought it for the unique look and functionality aspect. I did not buy the stick for collection, but when I did buy it I factored in the 'fact' that it was limited so it was likely to retain value (if I ever wanted to sell it to get some other stick). Unless Markman can comment on 2030/2000 pic it seems very likely, if not completely confirms, that the Chun Li TE stick have more than 2000 produced. This doesn't suck for me as much, but it must suck for all those early buyers/'preorderers'.

Technically, no where on the product page states the fightsticks as being limited.

I've taken these "limited runs" with a grain of salt, especially after being able to add 999 PS3 BlazBlue TE sticks to my Amazon cart 10 months after they were released (limited to 1500). I figured they were repeating numbers and hoping people would not compare rather than straight up exceeding the max number.

It's dishonest, but the actual outcome doesn't bother me one bit though. I really hate it when people hoard items just because of the perceived rarity. I actually prefer overproduction because it means people won't miss out and it increases the likelihood that it will go on sale. It doesn't make my joystick any less useful.

Chun-Li stick looks fantastic and has the most updated PCB AFAIK, so I would recommend that one. If you don't care about looks, the older sticks have historically gone on sale for ~$100 individually.

[quote name='Antipodes']I've taken these "limited runs" with a grain of salt, especially after being able to add 999 PS3 BlazBlue TE sticks to my Amazon cart 10 months after they were released (limited to 1500). I figured they were repeating numbers and hoping people would not compare rather than straight up exceeding the max number.

It's dishonest, but the actual outcome doesn't bother me one bit though. I really hate it when people hoard items just because of the perceived rarity. I actually prefer overproduction because it means people won't miss out and it increases the likelihood that it will go on sale. It doesn't make my joystick any less useful.

Chun-Li stick looks fantastic and has the most updated PCB AFAIK, so I would recommend that one. If you don't care about looks, the older sticks have historically gone on sale for ~$100 individually.[/QUOTE]

I wholly agree that the stick is still great, but as you said its just plain dishonest. Seems like sales tactics used by street vendors towards tourists or something. If it was truly limited I wouldn't had the chance to purchase the stick (or pay premium for it), but it is very dishonest to sell an item as 'limited' when they only mean 'tentatively limited' especially to the people who bought it back when it was first released at $200.

I don't know a whole lot about statistics but I would expect that with over 2 millions copies of mvc3 shipped, these sticks would have been gone a long time ago. You can't really say that people are not willing to spend 160 on a joystick since people were paying $1500 for iPad 2s just a couple weeks ago on eBay. If capcom has indeed made more than 2000, then I would say that's a slap in the face especially for the people that bought them at launch. I'm curious to see how limited the mortal kombat joystick will be with it's 20k produced.....

[quote name='dejeckt']Found the pic to prove my claim (it was actually 2030/2000 not 2020/2000)

Check JayBalance post made on 2/20/11 at 3:46pm (post # 16398)
http://shoryuken.com/f177/check-out...d-part-deux-201537/index656.html#post10298991

Same here, I bought it for the unique look and functionality aspect. I did not buy the stick for collection, but when I did buy it I factored in the 'fact' that it was limited so it was likely to retain value (if I ever wanted to sell it to get some other stick). Unless Markman can comment on 2030/2000 pic it seems very likely, if not completely confirms, that the Chun Li TE stick have more than 2000 produced. This doesn't suck for me as much, but it must suck for all those early buyers/'preorderers'.

Technically, no where on the product page states the fightsticks as being limited.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little disappointed but yes, you're right...no where on the page does it state it's a limted edition item so no one can fault them for that, LOL! Besides, yes that stick owner has #2030 however, it's not like it's #4050 or something, haha!

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know a whole lot about statistics but I would expect that with over 2 millions copies of mvc3 shipped, these sticks would have been gone a long time ago. You can't really say that people are not willing to spend 160 on a joystick since people were paying $1500 for iPad 2s just a couple weeks ago on eBay. If capcom has indeed made more than 2000, then I would say that's a slap in the face especially for the people that bought them at launch. I'm curious to see how limited the mortal kombat joystick will be with it's 20k produced.....[/QUOTE]

Capcom doesn't manufacture these sticks, Mad Catz does. As for the iPad 2, there are many more peeps interested in iPad 2's (thus having more peeps willing to pay way over MSRP) than joysticks so not really a fair comparison there. FWIW, TE-S (Super Street Fighter 4) sticks are sold out at most retailers although regular TE (Street Fighter 4) sticks aren't. Not sure how it can be a slap in people's faces that bought them at launch if techincally Mad Catz never officially said it was a limited edition stick as dejeckt pointed out.

@nuk. futs
actually when they started to sell the stick (September 2010) they promoted as being limited hence the 2000 number. Even in marksman's post he typed "look at kayane holdin a limited edition stick." I just pointed out the page cause I wanted to see if I could complain but it seems at the moment of my purchase it was never advertised as being limited.

[quote name='dejeckt']@nuk. futs
actually when they started to sell the stick (September 2010) they promoted as being limited hence the 2000 number. Even in marksman's post he typed "look at kayane holdin a limited edition stick." I just pointed out the page cause I wanted to see if I could complain but it seems at the moment of my purchase it was never advertised as being limited.[/QUOTE]
that true the said it was limited to 4000 worldwide in there press release

[quote name='dejeckt']@nuk. futs
actually when they started to sell the stick (September 2010) they promoted as being limited hence the 2000 number. Even in marksman's post he typed "look at kayane holdin a limited edition stick." I just pointed out the page cause I wanted to see if I could complain but it seems at the moment of my purchase it was never advertised as being limited.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so it's a technicality about being a limited edition item. My point is that even though I'm a little disappointed, it's just #2030 (in your link) not like it's double such as #4050 or something. I don't know why people are making a big deal about this, sigh...

Guys, sorry for all the unanswered questions. I was out of town this whole week for Captivate. Now onto your questions/comments...

[quote name='rockphantom']Markman, what is the purpose of the WWE All Stars sticks/fight pads?

All Stars is unplayable with the joystick and fight pads because you need to use both analog sticks in order to pull off many maneuvers. Why were WWE sticks and pads even produced?

Milan[/QUOTE]

The BrawlPads and BrawlSticks are very playable with WWE All Stars. It's the only way I've been playing WWE All Stars these past 6 months (in testing builds of the game). You do NOT need the right analog stick in this game, but you can make use of it by pressing the back/select button and moving the stick (it will register as right stick).

The purpose was to give the end user a more arcade like experience. I'd have to say it works pretty well.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi Markman. Could you also comment on the production numbers for those 2 sticks?

I've read that the Chun-Li one was a very limited run compared to the MvC3 one. Could you confirm that?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Chun-Li one is limited to 2000 per platform. It's true that some of the numbering was messed up on the sticker for the production run, however it does not change the fact that we did one run of this limited item. There are 2000 on the PlayStation 3 and 2000 on the Xbox 360.

[quote name='isofan1']Do another Buy 1 Get 1 free promo again plz!!!!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, we won't be doing this. I mentioned this at the time, we would only do this for the holidays.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I'm starting to question their claims on how rare these sticks are. I think MVC3 is limited to 2500 per system and my local Fry's has at least 10 Chun Li sticks stacked up in electronics.[/QUOTE]

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is limited to 5000 total. We made 3000 for PlayStation 3 and 2000 for Xbox 360. They are individually numbered out of 5000 total.

Just because your Fry's has 10 of the Chun-Li sticks doesn't change the fact of the numbering (see above).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.[/QUOTE]

The B1G1 won't be coming back anytime in the near future.

---

Also, as an aside. Anytime we say a stick is limited/numbered. It is.

Here's a breakdown of the one run sticks so far:

Comic-Con TE - Limited to 250 per platform (500 total)
Femme Fatale TE - Limited to 1000 total (650 for Xbox 360; 350 on PS3)
Chun-Li TE 'S' - Limited to 2000 per platform (4000 total)
BlazBlue TE - Limited to 1500 per platform (3000 total)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TE - Limited to 5000 total (3000 on PS3; 2000 on Xbox 360)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - I forget how many, but it was about 2000
FightStick TE GOLD - 24 total, all for PS3

The Round 1, Round 2, Super SFIV Black/White, and Japan only TE sticks we make regularly. Although, it should be noted, we are not making any more of these than what is already currently out on the market/pending production.

Got my midi pro adapter for ps3 for 35.99 shipped, great deal. Ordered friday morning and they shipped it by friday afternoon. Great company.

May I ask what's the difference between MvC3/Chun-Li TE sticks ($159) and SFIV TE sticks ($149)? I mean quality, material and functionality wise, besides the different cover art.

[quote name='allen9917']May I ask what's the difference between MvC3/Chun-Li TE sticks ($159) and SFIV TE sticks ($149)? I mean quality, material and functionality wise, besides the different cover art.[/QUOTE]

No difference with quality, material & functionality. Still uses awesome same exact Sanwa parts! Round 1 & 2 TE (SF 4) has the wider side pieces. TE-S (Super SF 4) has upgraded PCB that's supposedly more reliable (I've never had issues w/my round 1 & 2 sticks) & lock function locks start & select/back now. Also MvC3 & Chun-Li sticks are a limited one production run as stated by Markman & their artwork doesn't cover the full top panel so they have bezel's.

[quote name='MarkMan']

The Chun-Li one is limited to 2000 per platform. It's true that some of the numbering was messed up on the sticker for the production run, however it does not change the fact that we did one run of this limited item. There are 2000 on the PlayStation 3 and 2000 on the Xbox 360.
[/QUOTE]

That still sorta looks weird how the numbering system exceeds the 2,000 cap. I'm sorta surprised how they messed that one up.

i just recently bought the MvC3 TE Fight Stick at full price then this comes up? sigh. haha totally worth it though, such a good build. had to swap out some parts to my liking but now its perfect.

what are the chances of the store distributing the TE keychain hexkey? you have no idea how helpful that should be. also it should be a regularly stocked item. me wants!

i'd prolly get another stick just to mod it as well. i need that key!

[quote name='MSUHitman']MarkMan,
On the WWE PS3 fightpads, can 2 be used at once now or will they still interfere w/ each other?[/QUOTE]

Hey Mark Man just wondering if this question could be answered. Thanks!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Hey Mark Man just wondering if this question could be answered. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It has been already answered, here:

The BrawlPads and BrawlSticks are very playable with WWE All Stars. It's the only way I've been playing WWE All Stars these past 6 months (in testing builds of the game). You do NOT need the right analog stick in this game, but you can make use of it by pressing the back/select button and moving the stick (it will register as right stick).

The purpose was to give the end user a more arcade like experience. I'd have to say it works pretty well.

[quote name='MarkMan']^ Glad to hear about your experience. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter for 10% off your next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Tried that, only received an verification email, but no 10% off code (I am using hotmail account).
Also, did not see the 10% off code mentioned for the newsletter anywhere on Madcatz's website.
Anyone else got that code?

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']

what are the chances of the store distributing the TE keychain hexkey? you have no idea how helpful that should be. also it should be a regularly stocked item. me wants!

i'd prolly get another stick just to mod it as well. i need that key![/QUOTE]

We've run promos in the past where any fighting game related purchase on our web store = free key chain. But we haven't done it in awhile. Maybe when we do our new key chain!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Hey Mark Man just wondering if this question could be answered. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes you could always use two FightPads/BrawlPads on PS3. The pairing process should be 1) Plug in first USB receiver 2) Turn on first controller, then repeat for the second controller.

[quote name='minmao']Tried that, only received an verification email, but no 10% off code (I am using hotmail account).
Also, did not see the 10% off code mentioned for the newsletter anywhere on Madcatz's website.
Anyone else got that code?[/QUOTE]

It's a unique code. I would suggest checking your spam folder just in case. Also if it doesn't show up you can always call our web team/support number and let them know what happened.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So just to be clear the B1G1 won't be coming back? Not even for the holidays this year?[/QUOTE]

I don't see it coming back anytime soon. For the holidays, probably not. But you never know!

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes! Also these have the improved parts we've engineered from the ground up. So they're the same parts as the TVC sticks. A lot better!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Hmmmm THAT girl. :)

BTW Kayane is also helping us with FIGHT FOR RELIEF! And you should too:

http://fightforrelief.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/a-golden-opportunity/[/QUOTE]

Wait so the WWE sticks are better than those SFIV TE sticks? (not sure if I read that right)

[quote name='Tracid']Wait so the WWE sticks are better than those SFIV TE sticks? (not sure if I read that right)[/QUOTE]

You didn't, he says "TVC Sticks" right in the post you quoted. Those are SE sticks.

The ground shipping for $7.50 really is a good deal, especially considering the size/weight of the package and the speed of service. Purchased a Round 2 TE for 360 last Sunday, it shipped out Tuesday, and was delivered Thursday. Very happy about that. :applause:

And being in AZ, no tax for the order!

[quote name='MarkMan']We've run promos in the past where any fighting game related purchase on our web store = free key chain. But we haven't done it in awhile. Maybe when we do our new key chain!
[/QUOTE]

ok seriously if you make a MvC3 hex key keychain i will give you 20-30 dollars for that thing. i really want that key. haha.

btw its a great stick. i cant stop using it! its an addiction. even using it on my PC with SF4, an amazing stick.

whats neat is many games that dont use anilog i'll play on my fight too. if it were 99 like i got my last dead i'd get that chun li stick. :)

Hmmm, strange. I ordered a stick last night using PayPal instant transfer and it was successful. I decided to remove that order because I wanted to wait for any news from Captivate, then I was going to place the order again but apparently, GameShark no longer accepts instant transfer?

Are these TE sticks pretty much the best bang for the buck for someone who just wants to unbox, plug, and play without modding? Anything better in the same price range?

How well do they (both PS3 and 360 versions) work with a PC? Read about the Nvidia chipset issue with ps3 versions already, but I'd love to hear more about day to day use.

Can't speak highly enough on these sticks. I have a TE and a SE (both xbox) and beyond being solid out of the box, they are both ass easy to open up and mod however you see fit. (I really prefer Semitsu buttons as I have a bad habit of resting my fingers on buttons when I play)

If you do get a SE, be prepared to hit up lizardlick.com to get replacement buttons and a joystick. Supposedly the new "Brawl" sticks have much better quality knockoff buttons and stick, but I haven't played on one myself.

TE's are heavy, solid, and basically have become the standard go to stick for fighting game enthusiasts. I got my MvC2 one at gamestop for like 80 bucks last year, and it was one of the best bang for my buck gaming related purchases I've had (even with replacing the buttons)

I find it hard to accept that a fight stick cost more than a xbox 360 slim (currently 150 on amazon).

bleh i'd buy one on xbox for this sale but there's no more.
I'd definitely buy asap for chun li at $100-120 without thinking. but until then i cannot justify this purchase.

bread's done
Back