MadCats Arcade Joystick/XBLA game bundle for $10 at Fry's!! (YMMV?)

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
You guys remember that funky joystick/XBLA game bundle that MadCats released for like $40 a year or so ago? Looked kinda like this?

madcatz.jpg

Well, Fry's is selling them for $10!! I bought it today in hopes that Arkanoid Live is compatible with the spinner, plus I didn't have 2 of the 3 games it comes with (Time Pilot/Frogger/Astro Pop), so whatever.

I'm in Las Vegas and my Fry's had STACKS of these.:hot:

Good luck all!:bouncy:

[quote name='taint mcgee']would this be good to play pacman CE with?[/quote]

I think the reviews said it was a piece of shit. If I could ever find one for $10 somewhere, though, I would probably pick up, just for the hell of it...plus the games.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think the reviews said it was a piece of shit. If I could ever find one for $10 somewhere, though, I would probably pick up, just for the hell of it...plus the games.[/quote]

I just wanted it for the spinner....kinda hard to fuck that up. *shrug*

[quote name='lVlasterchief']are the XBLA games worth 10 bucks by themselves?[/quote]

Yep. Two of them (Frogger and Time Pilot) are 400 point games, while AstroPop is 800 points. So, you're getting $20 worth of XBLA games for $10, along with the arcade stick. Not bad, if you can find this.

i've been waiting for this to drop at GS forever... too bad i don't live anywhere near a frys any more.

i'm actually interested in all of those games and the stick... can anyone snag me one for $15 shipped?

I picked one up for $10. It is a piece of shite. Joystick is way too loose. But $10 for $20 worth of games is probably worth it.

The only good thing about that joystick is the circuit board inside is common ground, meaning it's very easy to rip it out and make a REAL arcade joystick out of it. Otherwise avoid.

[quote name='crackbone']The only good thing about that joystick is the circuit board inside is common ground, meaning it's very easy to rip it out and make a REAL arcade joystick out of it. Otherwise avoid.[/QUOTE]

That and the arcade games are an alright value. I got it for 10$ at a Target last year and I actually stuck it on eBay eventually, and I usually keep everything. It's that horrible. I really don't recommend getting one if you want to play anything. It's seriously garbage. The stick is like a giant analog stick, nothing like an arcade stick.

I got it for my wife to play pacman and dig dug but after the 4th use it snapped at the base it has turbo which was nice for button mashing games. But it is very cheap item.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm actually really kind of interested in this. If anyone picks one up for $10, I'll gladly pay cost, shipping, and a little extra for one.[/quote]

me to.

I bought this last November when Best Buy had them for $10.

Quick question though: I remember the code cards have an expiration date (I believe June 2008). Were you able to redeem the 3 Live Arcade games without any problem?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm actually really kind of interested in this. If anyone picks one up for $10, I'll gladly pay cost, shipping, and a little extra for one.[/quote]

[quote name='Irukandji']me to.[/quote]

I'll PM you guys, I'm going to Fry's tomorrow, so I'll try and pick up two for you guys. So it'll be about $10.85 or so with sales tax here in California. So it'll be that and shipping, paypal fees and whatever else you guys wanna add on, least I can do for some fellow CAGers.

If anybody else wants one PM me sometime tonight or early tomorrow, and I'll see if I can get you guys one as well.

Jonathan, thanks a lot. I'm a little hesitant, though, about these codes, as well. I know that Live subs and points don't seem to "expire" according to their printed dates, but what about game codes? Hopefully, someone will have a quick answer, because I do want to get one.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Jonathan, thanks a lot. I'm a little hesitant, though, about these codes, as well. I know that Live subs and points don't seem to "expire" according to their printed dates, but what about game codes? Hopefully, someone will have a quick answer, because I do want to get one.[/quote]

I'm guessing based on previous experience, that they should *NOT* expire, but of course I can't tell you for sure. It seems like that it would be unfair, if not wholly illegal in a sense. It gets in a grey area of legality because in my state for instance, gift cards cannot expire or lose money over time. Because it's the same as cash, some could argie these cards are "cash." So who knows?

[quote name='halomaster']For $10 bucks Im N 4 1.[/quote]

Did you want me to get you one as well? I'm getting 4 as of right now (1 for myself and 3 for fellow CAGers)

For anyone else, I'm going to go right now and get 5 of them. So I'll have 1 for me, and two others guaranteed. The final 2 will go to the first 2 people that post in here or PM me and ask for them. If more of you want them, let me know, I don't mind going back, I'm close to Fry's, so it's not that big of a deal.

That's OK. I live down the street from Fry's. I need to pick up Saint's Row 2 next Tuesday anyways. Thanks....

Did you want me to get you one as well? I'm getting 4 as of right now (1 for myself and 3 for fellow CAGers)[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Jesus! Sold out already![/quote]

Wow that was quick, I got 2 at 10:30 and they were gone by 10:40

Joystick is terrible for Pac-Man Championship.
Spinner is the worst piece of garbage ever.
3 XBLA games do not expire.
Frogger is worth at least $4.
Other games are hideous though.
With tax and shipping, it's not worth it.

Anyone know where I can find one of these? I've been looking all over - I don't have a Frys near me, and the next cheapest I can find one is 39.99!

I bought one of these in July and the codes still worked then. I didn't even look at the expiration date though.
I found it for only $10 at gamestop.

Hmmm, $20 at GS is too much, especially if I'm taking a gamble on whether or not the codes have expired $10 or $15, I'd be willing to roll the dice on.

FWIW, I confirmed these are $10 in AZ (Tempe location).

Also, ppl may not realize that the arcade joystick support turbo. Try looking up turbo controllers on ebay to see how expensive a regular gamepad is. They're apparently near-impossible to find anymore, and friends have told me they're going for ~$90. Anyway, turbo's pretty maningless for the vast majority of games, but if you like playing for achievement points then it can come in handy once in a while. For example, you can use turbo + a rubberband to play out hands indefinitely in Texas Hold'em (XBLA) to try for the "Luck of the Draw" (get one of every type of hand including both a Royal Flush and Straight Flush).

BB had this sale earlier in the year so I jumped on it for the games. The joystick is absolutely worthless. Unless you'll use the joystick to make your friends suffer when they come over or need spare parts, the true value of the controller can only be found when you toss it into a recycling bin!

I bought one a couple of weeks ago at frys. There was like 10 more left. All of the codes (frogger, astro pop, timeshift, and the 48 hour code) worked fine for me. And yes, the joystick suck balls. I went to frys again last week and found all of them gone...

None of the game cards that come with this have an expiration date listed anywhere on them. The 48 hour code does but evidence has shown this to be false.

Also, the joystick is complete poo poo. The same can be said about Frogger.

Finally picked one up, $19.99 new from Gamestop. Thanks guys. Also - the controller *IS* crap but my girlfriend loves it for playing the old-school arcade games.

Still about 25 of these at my Frys. I went ahead and picked one up.

[quote name='Shady3011']None of the game cards that come with this have an expiration date listed anywhere on them. The 48 hour code does but evidence has shown this to be false.

Also, the joystick is complete poo poo. The same can be said about Frogger.[/quote]
They do have expirations dates. All 3 games on my cards said 6/30/08.

[quote name='Jonathan360']For anyone else, I'm going to go right now and get 5 of them. So I'll have 1 for me, and two others guaranteed. The final 2 will go to the first 2 people that post in here or PM me and ask for them. If more of you want them, let me know, I don't mind going back, I'm close to Fry's, so it's not that big of a deal.[/quote]

You've been PM'ed.:D

bread's done
Back