Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Guys guys. I and being serious here. I just figured out the 3-4 defense in this game and its a fucking monster.[/QUOTE]
I love it against the wildcat.

[quote name='homeland']Good game Moonknight. Jones-Drew was a beast. No way could I have stopped him tonight. Luckily I get a rematch later in the season. Final score 24-14[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a great game! There were two plays in the game that were horrible calls though and made the difference imo.

Garrard drops back and throws a duck and Freeny picks its off and then fumbles...but his knee was down. They review it and i get the ball back. The score was 14-7 Jags at that point and you would have been almost in the red-zone!

Then the other play call that screwed you was the pass you threw to Adai, he caught it and then fumbled right before he went out of bounds. It was like a phantom fumble and i recovered it, my girlfriend was like wtf just happened. I said just got lucky as @#@$!

Look forward to the rematch though and hopefully the refs will take out their eyeglasses lol!

ajh2298 and I had to play an unranked game since for some reason we keep on getting disconnected before the kickoff when we tried to play each other through the franchise.

Dolpins 7
Falcons 20

Are we going to address the holding during field goals problem? ajh had a field goal nullified at the end of the half because of holding and although it wouldn't have affected the outcome of this game it would hella suck for someone to lose because a last second field goal didn't count because of Madden's broken special teams.

Didn't get any response from my opponent tonight. So... if we have conflicting schedules tomorrow, then what? I'm not so surprised considering he seems to have only joined CAG within the last month, specifically for this league. =p I see him on XBL but he's not on when I'm on and still hasn't added me as his friend. -___-

[quote name='DT778']ajh2298 and I had to play an unranked game since for some reason we keep on getting disconnected before the kickoff when we tried to play each other through the franchise.

Dolpins 7
Falcons 20

Are we going to address the holding during field goals problem? ajh had a field goal nullified at the end of the half because of holding and although it wouldn't have affected the outcome of this game it would hella suck for someone to lose because a last second field goal didn't count because of Madden's broken special teams.[/QUOTE]

I really hope we dont count this score/results for the league. I thought we were only playing to check the connection and we were going to try and play our league game again tonight. I really didnt try all that much because I didnt want to give any of my playcalling/playstyle tendencies away for our game I thought we were playing tonight. Hell I dont even plan on using Chad Pennington as my QB I was going to use Pat White.

I'm pretty sure you can't count that for the league, even if you wanted to. They really gimped the commish I believe, I don't think he has the power to set games like that.

Azu cant set game scores like that, all he can do is sim it. All I can say is continue to try to play each other through the franchise screen, if that doesnt work...simming is all that is left.

Also, everyone knows FG is jacked up but its screwed for both teams so I see no reason to adjust anything for it. Holdings does happen on field goals although no where near the rate it does in this game. Only thing I can say about that is dont let it comes down to a field goal/ make sure you get a kicker with a strong leg.

I got a holding call when I was right before I kicked the game winner against the Steelers. It would have sucked if I missed but I cant expect my opponent to make sure I make it because you know whats even more messed up than holding calls? The fact that there is a 1 and 8 million chance to ever block a FG in madden.

[quote name='itlnstln']Hybrid5006 - when are you able to play our week 1?
[/QUOTE]

Hybrid5006(Saints) and I(Lions) are playing tonight.

Sweet deal on advancing it tonight. I'll PM the Pats and see if he wants to get in a late game tonight, would save me some trouble over the weekend.

[quote name='ajh2298']I really hope we dont count this score/results for the league. I thought we were only playing to check the connection and we were going to try and play our league game again tonight. I really didnt try all that much because I didnt want to give any of my playcalling/playstyle tendencies away for our game I thought we were playing tonight. Hell I dont even plan on using Chad Pennington as my QB I was going to use Pat White.[/QUOTE]That's cool, hopefully we will be able to play through the franchise mode. I should be available like around 7:40 pacific.

Regian's been getting home from work late, and I've been getting to sleep early. That's why we haven't replayed our game. But I'm just going to have to try to stay awake tonight to get it done, I reckon.

I was checking the league everyday until the last two and most people weren't ready to play and now we have to have the game done by Friday? Are we going two games a week or what? I am fine with that I just need to know.

[quote name='mikejonesgr']I was checking the league everyday until the last two and most people weren't ready to play and now we have to have the game done by Friday? Are we going two games a week or what? I am fine with that I just need to know.[/QUOTE]

The overall goal is to get your games down as soon as possible. There is no reason to look at the online franchise hoping your opponent random signs on. Find your opponent send them a PM and get a time set up to play.

Get the shit done.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']i found this very interesting

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/286969.page[/QUOTE]

I tried to watch these but this guys voice is making me sleepy. I play on all madden and I dont really have any complaints but discussion on this should be in the madden general thread.

We have to move forward tomorrow so that people can get a bulk of the game is over the weekend. Most people have those off.

What time is the deadline on Friday? I'll be out tonight, but I'm hoping Regian and I can finally get our game in tomorrow if he's not on when I get home.

Yeah, I wanna know too. I might be out tonight as well and I contacted that mikejones guy 4 days earlier so we could get things planned out but only now he responds. If any case, our schedules conflict and we may not get our game done. I don't care if my game is simmed. =p

Well, I have a Fantasy Football draft at 7:30ish, so I could advance the league at 9:30? How's that sound? EST.

4 games left:
Lions vs. Saints (playing tonight)
Chargers vs. Raiders (shinryuu will not be yelled at, mikejones may be)
Bears vs. Packers (will sim if not done, no infraction to either player)
Dolphins vs. Falcons (same as Bears vs. Packers)

If players can't connect and it gets simmed, there won't be any problem. The fact that you try to get games together is enough for me to know that you are legit.

If 3 of the games aren't played tonight and you guys don't care if they are simmed, I can advance the week after the Lions/Saints game. If not, its no big deal, but think of it this way: If you won't be able to play your game by Friday at 9:30 EST, tell me now and we can just advance the week.

Hopefully that's not too confusing.

I'm waiting on a response from Regian, who is at work, but if his schedule is the same tomorrow, he won't be home till around 9 central time. Maybe you could extend the deadline by a half hour or so? Either I'll post or he will once he gets my PM and we get this sorted out.

If players are having issues connecting with each other, enable UPNP on your router and it will most likely solve the issue. Pm me with any questions.

I have no problems if my game was simmed I just found out that they play pick-up hockey on Thursday nights at the local ice rink.

Regian PM'ed me and said he'll be working a different shift tomorrow and will be home well before the deadline, so never mind, Azu. We'll be playing for sure tomorrow... I just hope we don't get another disconnection.

Well sood, 2 of the games have connection issues, 1 is being played tonight, and the other is poor communication by one party member.
LEAGUE WILL ADVANCE AT 9:30 FRIDAY!

LEAGUE NIGHT BEGINS IN 20 MINUTES.
The majority were played on Tuesday...
What do you guys think about A Friday Night- Wednesday night for League weeks? Should we aim for less time than that or more?

21-7 Chargers owned Raiders... as usual. :lol:

Got some INTs here. TDs from LT and Gates... ah, can't wait to see this play out in real life. =D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well sood, 2 of the games have connection issues, 1 is being played tonight, and the other is poor communication by one party member.
LEAGUE WILL ADVANCE AT 9:30 FRIDAY![/QUOTE]

I like that idea.

I think we should advance every 3 nights, no matter what day they fall on, I feel like 3 days barring extreme circumstances is plenty of time to coordinate a schedule to play a game of madden.

If this were the case we would advance Friday...have sat, sun, mon to play and advance mon nite, then go tue, wed, thur, and advance on thur nite....thougts???

3 days is to short but 5 days seems fair, though some weeks would be mon-fri and maybe some can only get in their games on the weekend.

yeah 3 days is ridiculously to short.

I don't mind leaving it at a week. Like I suggested, if it's the same people holding up the league week after week.. we've got plenty of people on the waiting list willing to join.

i'm trying to coordinate a time to play on Sunday with the Pats and I'm not getting any feedback. like i said, i'll be on vacation for the week but will be able to pop on for a 2-3 hours block Sunday late afternoon EST at a friends house to make sure I don't miss this game. hopefully we don't have to end up simming this.

[quote name='shinryuu']21-7 Chargers owned Raiders... as usual. :lol:

Got some INTs here. TDs from LT and Gates... ah, can't wait to see this play out in real life. =D[/QUOTE]

are you going to answer your messages? :cool:

[quote name='Galego23']are you going to answer your messages? :cool:[/QUOTE]

What messages?

EDIT: Oh, the trade. I rejected it. I like Sproles. =D

3 days is too short. im going camping for 4 days over labor day, a weekend trip to LA a few weeks later, and a trip to vegas for 5 days in october. and im sure other pepole will have similar things going on throughout the season. 5 days seems more reasonable (if were going to speed it up). a week does seem a little slow, but hey pepole have lives.

I'm fine with 3 days. Those who can't get it done either play against the CPU (if your opponent is fine with that/can't show up) or sim the game (if you both can't make it). 5 is OK too. =p

I seriously cant believe we are still on week 1. Here is my point of view, we should keep the weeks ending on each Thursday because Friday is kinda part of the weekend and we should make weekend play top priority. Now here is my twist, I think that if there is only 3 or 4 games left for the week they should be played within 48 hours no matter want or will be simmed.

So if we start the new week on a Friday and by some miracle every game gets played expect 3 those 3 game need to be done by Sunday. This is to prevent 90% of us waiting on just a few people who are playing 20 min before the deadline 5 days later.

Also and unrelated.

I just found out that there are no end of the year awards for online franchises (heard this on gamefaqs so who knows if its true) but I see this as a good thing as now we can actually get together and vote on who we think his the best and should get awards.

What do you mean Matt?

If there is 3 games left, they now have a 48 hour deadline, after that dead line Azu will just sim any remaining games left and then advance the week. I dont understand what wouldnt work about it.

bread's done
Back