Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Peyton Hillis (HB) 88 SPD - 79 OVR
Tony Scheffler (TE) 80 SPD - 79 OVR and a 1st rd pick,

for Carson Palmer[/QUOTE]

If there are no objections I would like to go ahead and do this...

[quote name='itlnstln']Lions:
Tavaris Jackson - QB(83 SPD, 69 OVR)[/QUOTE]

I would still be interested in Tavaris if you want to take a look at my team.

POTENTIAL TRADE

BENGALS SEND
CARSON PALMER

BRONCOS SEND
TONY SCHEFFLER
PEYTON HILLIS

Its up for discussion.
Allow me to be the first to turn this down. Sure, the Begals get 2 good players, but they are left with a MASSIVE hole at QB. Don't think I can accept it.
However, we'll see what the rest of the league thinks.

I have a few questions. I'm guessing the league is planning to on to more than just one season, right?

Also, how does contract and player progression work in online franchises?

EDIT: I also made some releases + signings in FA'

Released:
Baskett (WR)
Rocca (P)
Klecko (DT)

Signed:
Sauerbrun (P)
Walsh (WR)
Baker (DT)

Ummm.. Seen (Patriots) just went on a signing spree. He signed and released like 20 people so can one of you go check it out?

[quote name='SoulReaver']I have a few questions. I'm guessing the league is planning to on to more than just one season, right?

Also, how does contract and player progression work in online franchises?

EDIT: I also made some releases + signings in FA'

Released:
Baskett (WR)
Rocca (P)
Klecko (DT)

Signed:
Sauerbrun (P)
Walsh (WR)
Baker (DT)[/QUOTE]

I guess nobody told SoulReaver we were only allowed to sign one FA huh?

I think the trade is fair. He is in the process of trying to get a QB so the hole could be irrelevant before his next game. Maybe he can throw in a backup RB for a backup QB or something since I doubt he needs Benson/Hillis/whatever else he has in there.

I'm not voting against that.

I think the trade is cool also, i really don't have anything against any trades unless somebody trades than leaves the league, i am all about building your team however you want, thats the fun of being an owner, i really want a better qb myself is there any other qb's on the block.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I guess nobody told SoulReaver we were only allowed to sign one FA huh?[/QUOTE]
Oh, did not know that. Sorry, I will release those players I signed and resign my old players

[quote name='SoulReaver']Oh, did not know that. Sorry, I will release those players I signed and resign my old players[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sorry that I forgot to tell you about that.

I see your points on allowing that trade. I'll wait for a little more feedback, but It looks like it'll go through at this point.

Wow, seen, WTF are you doing? Please change your roster back and put back those FA's because I really don't want to have to do that. You know you can only have 1...

On contracts, I really don't think there are any. I think retirements happen at the end of each season, but outside of that I'm not really sure.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Azu im interested in EJ henderson[/QUOTE]
You totally can't have him. I've never put him up or anything of the sort. I'm not interested in getting rid of anybody at this time.

[quote name='Azumangaman']You totally can't have him. I've never put him up or anything of the sort. I'm not interested in getting rid of anybody at this time.[/QUOTE]

lol my bad lol

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah, sorry that I forgot to tell you about that.

I see your points on allowing that trade. I'll wait for a little more feedback, but It looks like it'll go through at this point.

Wow, seen, WTF are you doing? Please change your roster back and put back those FA's because I really don't want to have to do that. You know you can only have 1...

On contracts, I really don't think there are any. I think retirements happen at the end of each season, but outside of that I'm not really sure.[/QUOTE]

I have tried playing with seen at least four times now. He always tell me in "one hour" and they always come and past. Follow-up messages never get answered by him.

Today I messaged him asking when to play and he tells me "10 mins". Okay, I'm fine. But then I check out his transaction history and I see it filled by him so I ask him about it and he never responds, instead he just signs off forgetting about our game.

Can you kick him out? He's just waiting for simulation to come so he can win.

Wow, you really like bending the truth huh?

For starters the first time you tried to play me, I responded "1 hour." You responded "ok", after I sent you the message that I would be able to play in an hour a second time. After that you proceed to barrage me with messages asking if I can "play now"; I had already asked for an hour and you were impatient. Today, you ask me if I can play, to which I don't sign-off but you switch games to play nba 2k9.

You are really immature, I added the FA's as it looked like it was a free for all since nothing had been mentioned and others were adding players.

I will never vote against any trade, unless it is completely terrible like Tashard Choice for Adrian Peterson.

Mr Grand Chu trade me Stewart.

[quote name='ubernes']I think the trade is fair. He is in the process of trying to get a QB so the hole could be irrelevant before his next game. Maybe he can throw in a backup RB for a backup QB or something since I doubt he needs Benson/Hillis/whatever else he has in there.

I'm not voting against that.[/QUOTE]

Correct... I am still trying to get a QB. Even if I go to work with my backups for this week I am okay with just trying to run. Oh... and Hillis is a FB not a RB like stated in the trade.

[quote name='seen']Wow, you really like bending the truth huh?

For starters the first time you tried to play me, I responded "1 hour." You responded "ok", after I sent you the message that I would be able to play in an hour a second time. After that you proceed to barrage me with messages asking if I can "play now"; I had already asked for an hour and you were impatient. Today, you ask me if I can play, to which I don't sign-off but you switch games to play nba 2k9.

You are really immature, I added the FA's as it looked like it was a free for all since nothing had been mentioned and others were adding players.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played NBA 2K9 in eons. Check it here: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/default.aspx

I also never barraged you with anything. I have never sent you more than one message within at least a hour time span. Stop waiting for the simulation time.

Haha, nothing had been mentioned? Good stuff :lol:. It was mentioned at least five times that you are only allowed one FA after the draft.

Guys please use PMs to sort out trades. The last like 4 pages are nothing but constant trade talk. Yes posting who you want on the block is fine and maybe a follow up interest question. But the constant, give me this guy, give me that guy, what about this guy and those guys really clutters up the thread.

We either need a structured way of doing this or it needs to be in Pms.

EDIT:
Seen and albo chill out and just get your game done.

The trade for Carson Palmer also includes a first round pick being sent to the Bengals, I just ask you all to consider that when posting your opinions.

Thanks

Not so much that I want to trade Palmer as it is I want to build up my other positions. I have never had problems playing with lower rated QBs, but I need some guys that are actually fast to be able to be somewhat successful. I am absolutely fine playing with a QB that is 60 something as long as I have a backfield and some WRs/TEs that can catch and run.

That being said... Assuming this trade goes through I will still be looking for a QB. Does anybody have any offers? I am still interested in T. Jackson to the person that offered him earlier.

NOTE: I just seen on the franchise site here online that I apparently owe a 1st round pick for a prior trade... What exactly was the trade? Just curious that way I know what the hell I actually got for the pick.

[quote name='Azumangaman']POTENTIAL TRADE

BENGALS SEND
CARSON PALMER

BRONCOS SEND
TONY SCHEFFLER
PEYTON HILLIS

Its up for discussion.
Allow me to be the first to turn this down. Sure, the Begals get 2 good players, but they are left with a MASSIVE hole at QB. Don't think I can accept it.
However, we'll see what the rest of the league thinks.[/QUOTE]

I think this trade is fine. If he wants to give up a franchise player let him. We are not here to dictate what you can and cant give up. We are only here to make sure someone doesnt completely obliterate a team out of existence so that if the player quits no one can even fix the team.

That was the problem with the first trade, he basically gave up his entire LB core and top draft picks for a back up and 2 horridly rated players.

You can always trade or draft a QB.

Thanks sood. Posting trade blocks is cool but if you want any indepth trade talk, use PMs. Then once you've come to an agreement, PM me and I'll post the trade up for discussion.

P.S. - seen and Albo STFU and play. I'll change the free agents whenever the hell the server gets up and running.

P.P.S- Yeah the trade makes sense and it'll go through once the server kicks in.

I have Sage Rosenfels mvp. He's slower than Jackson but I believe he's more accurate. I'd check numbers, but again, the servers down. His OVR is also 69.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I think this trade is fine. If he wants to give up a franchise player let him. We are not here to dictate what you can and cant give up. We are only here to make sure someone doesnt completely obliterate a team out of existence so that if the player quits no one can even fix the team.

That was the problem with the first trade, he basically gave up his entire LB core and top draft picks for a back up and 2 horridly rated players.

You can always trade or draft a QB.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't me that tried to get rid of all the LBs... I browsed the thread by searching "Bengals" and seen what the prior owner tried to do with them... Thank God that you guys vetoed that shit or I don't know what I'd be dealing with.

After looking up that info, I am assuming that the message on the board that the Bengals owe the Panthers a 2010 draft pick was prior to the trade being shot down by everyone correct? I am trying to get an idea of what I have to work with to help get a better team for myself.

EDIT: Where are the league rules and whatnot? I was trying to find them but couldn't... I just wanted to make sure that I am not doing anything that isn't allowed (in game or out of game). Also, it comes into play since gamcreator (bhaines23 / Ravens) and I weren't able to get a game time together today since he wasn't available tonight and I have to leave town for the weekend at 6AM tomorrow (don't worry, not a usual occurrence, just a one time thing).

Shit dude, I dont even remember the Bengals trading a Pick. You are gonna have to get with Grand Chru (panthers owner??) and ask because I honestly dont remember.

[quote name='mvp828']

That being said... Assuming this trade goes through I will still be looking for a QB. Does anybody have any offers? I am still interested in T. Jackson to the person that offered him earlier.

[/QUOTE]

Would you be interested in Kevin Kolb?

[quote name='mvp828']
EDIT: Where are the league rules and whatnot? I was trying to find them but couldn't... I just wanted to make sure that I am not doing anything that isn't allowed (in game or out of game). Also, it comes into play since gamcreator (bhaines23 / Ravens) and I weren't able to get a game time together today since he wasn't available tonight and I have to leave town for the weekend at 6AM tomorrow (don't worry, not a usual occurrence, just a one time thing).[/QUOTE]
There really aren't any rules, outside of don't use glitches and whatnot. Running up the score tends to be frowned upon, but I've done it. Some people don't like it but hey, that's life I guess. I can't say I'll do it again though. Anyway, just play fair and there won't be any problems.

fucking christ.

Titans win in a u....g.....l.....y... you aint got no alibi game.

The game pissed me off because it kept giving me 4 and inches on almost every one of my drives. That prompted me to go for it (all of which in their half) but instead of just running the ball like a normal person I kept running off the wall plays thinking they would work.

Also, missed a lot of open passes, missed a lot of defense picks just crap by me overall.

But Panda was on fire with Shaun Hill threw for like 200 plus yards although I held frank gore to -3 I think.

GG panda.

I am starting to realize that the more I watch real football the worse I get at madden. I think its because I keep trying to do things that I see every sunday in a game that doesnt really follow any football logic.

I just tried for a while to connect with Galego. We both sent invites, restarted our Xboxes, reset our modems... nothing worked. I had the same problem with pitfallharry, but no one else on any game, Madden, or otherwise. My NAT is open. We don't know what to do. I don't want another sim loss. :(

Just tried to get our game in. Lag was horrendous. Htlstn or whatever his name is was up 21-0 so he should get the win. Terrible terrible lag though.

[quote name='FrankySox']Just tried to get our game in. Lag was horrendous. Htlstn or whatever his name is was up 21-0 so he should get the win. Terrible terrible lag though.[/QUOTE]

I had no lag, but he is correct I should get the win!!! NO MO UNDEFEATED!!!

As much as I wish I could choose the winner, I can't. You guys may want to try playing each other again. It didn't register a victory or anything, so you can either try again or hope the Lions win.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']you still have the draft pick, i dont have it because that was also part of the trade[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's what I thought... Just wanted to double check before I get that pick involved in any trades.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Would you be interested in Kevin Kolb?[/QUOTE]

Let me look into that and get back to you. Might not be able to get back to you until Sunday night or Monday since I am heading out of town for the weekend @ 6AM and won't have access to internet.

[quote name='Azumangaman']There really aren't any rules, outside of don't use glitches and whatnot. Running up the score tends to be frowned upon, but I've done it. Some people don't like it but hey, that's life I guess. I can't say I'll do it again though. Anyway, just play fair and there won't be any problems.[/QUOTE]

Alright, sounds like just the standard Madden/Live etiquette apply.

[quote name='Matt Young']I just tried for a while to connect with Galego. We both sent invites, restarted our Xboxes, reset our modems... nothing worked. I had the same problem with pitfallharry, but no one else on any game, Madden, or otherwise. My NAT is open. We don't know what to do. I don't want another sim loss. :([/QUOTE]

Hmm... That's weird Matt, NAT shouldn't be a problem since it is an EA server that is used. Also, when NAT is open you can connect to anyone regardless of what their NAT setting is. I know in my other franchise Darktower and I had problems the first time we tried to play each other, so maybe it was just the server acting up.

P.S. What's up itlnstln? It just caught my eye that you were from Grand Blanc... I am from GR and go to school in Midland, so I go by there a lot.

[quote name='itlnstln']I had no lag, but he is correct I should get the win!!! NO MO UNDEFEATED!!![/QUOTE]

LOL, good game. You are right "no mo undefeated", didn't really expect to finish undefeated though. However if you want to talk smack I'd LOVE to play you again without lag! You think I make a habit of running straight into defenders with trying to juke or spin?

Pats roster should be back to normal and the Bengals/Broncos trade is complete.
I had to drop one player from the Bengals, so I chose Jordan Palmer (OVR 53 QB) because he has the lowest OVR on the team. However, if you want him back, feel free to drop somebody else and sign him.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Pats roster should be back to normal and the Bengals/Broncos trade is complete.
I had to drop one player from the Bengals, so I chose Jordan Palmer (OVR 53 QB) because he has the lowest OVR on the team. However, if you want him back, feel free to drop somebody else and sign him.[/QUOTE]

No problem Azu... I was actually just thinking about that and thinking I would probably have to drop someone. Thanks for adjusting for the trade.

[quote name='Soodmeg']fucking christ.

Titans win in a u....g.....l.....y... you aint got no alibi game.

The game pissed me off because it kept giving me 4 and inches on almost every one of my drives. That prompted me to go for it (all of which in their half) but instead of just running the ball like a normal person I kept running off the wall plays thinking they would work.

Also, missed a lot of open passes, missed a lot of defense picks just crap by me overall.

But Panda was on fire with Shaun Hill threw for like 200 plus yards although I held frank gore to -3 I think.

GG panda.

I am starting to realize that the more I watch real football the worse I get at madden. I think its because I keep trying to do things that I see every sunday in a game that doesnt really follow any football logic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah game was frustrating for me as well, was on the phone the whole 1st quarter and plus i couldnt get gore goin. Though you were having 8 in the box so i gave up and started to throw it. Had two drives to tie it up with a random fumble on 1st drive then random wide open receiver drop on 2nd drive. Bleh.

Here is my take on trading franchise type players.

If you are honestly dedicated and plan on STICKING in this league with your team, then by all means go for it. If you have the slightest inclination of flaking out and abandoning your team that now looks nothing like they do in real life, stop right now.

Nothing worse than replacing a flake ass team owner with someone who is excited to play with let's say for examples the Bengals thinking he has Palmer as a QB to find him missing on his roster. Not saying that this will be the case, but it's the most relevant example.

[quote name='Azumangaman']As much as I wish I could choose the winner, I can't. You guys may want to try playing each other again. It didn't register a victory or anything, so you can either try again or hope the Lions win.[/QUOTE]

After FrankySox QUIT, I continued against the CPU. This registered a 33-13 win. The CPU must have had lag too, because Percy fumbled and dropped passes numerous times.

[quote name='itlnstln']After FrankySox QUIT, I continued against the CPU. This registered a 33-13 win. The CPU must have had lag too, because Percy fumbled and dropped passes numerous times.[/QUOTE]

What does dropping passes and fumbling have to do with lag?

I'm also not sure what exactly your problem is. I sent you numerous messages during the game BEFORE I was down 21-0 asking about the lag. I also came in here and posted you should win the game, and said gg to you on here and in a message. Then you reply with crappy messages on XBL, and on here. If I would have kept playing I would've gotten destroyed. My passing was delayed and I couldn't control my guys worth a shit. Listen man you got the win so if you want to keep being a dick about it go ahead. But like I said in my previous post if you ever want to back up the talk I'm always willing to play you.

bread's done
Back