Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

I'd appreciate if you guys talked about making new leagues somewhere else. This one hasn't even started yet :)

Can you link me to the site soodmeg? I'll get it started ASAP.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Also, the website is live (from what I heard) and since you can do everything from the website maybe you want to start sending invites Azu. Lets get this league rolling because I want to at least win 2 more superbowls this year.[/QUOTE]

The Online Franchise servers won't be up till the 14th according to the in-game ad's; you also see this info posted when you go to the online mode.

I have a quick question, does the game remember your subs and audibles for every game once you set them or do you have to set them every game? I know in the NHL games it remembers you lines and you dont have to set them every game which would be a pain to do.

I thought we had already set the rules for FA. From what I understood we were setting it up like a draft based on last years real life records Lions gets first pick, Steelers get last pick.

Its the easiest thing to do plus its completely fair to everyone.

Well my bad Azu, I thought I read somewhere that you could start the franchise via the website today.

Yay, wildcat for me. (was replying to seen's post that is now deleted saying he was hoping to get Vick so he could run the wildcat)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ajh2298']I have a quick question, does the game remember your subs and audibles for every game once you set them or do you have to set them every game? I know in the NHL games it remembers you lines and you dont have to set them every game which would be a pain to do.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that it saves formations/subs.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I thought we had already set the rules for FA. From what I understood we were setting it up like a draft based on last years real life records Lions gets first pick, Steelers get last pick.

Its the easiest thing to do plus its completely fair to everyone.

Well my bad Azu, I thought I read somewhere that you could start the franchise via the website today.[/QUOTE]
They probably meant after the season is over, not when we start. Like are we going to have a system where each team has to drop players? For example, one league I've seen has a system where a team drops 1 90-99 OVR player, 2 80-89 OVR player, so on and so forth. Last answer Azu said was that we'll worry about it later. Hasn't really confirmed how we'll do it when we first start off either.

I was talking about when we started the league. I didnt even know we had opened anything for after the season, hell lets see if we can even get that far to play more than 1 season.

I dont like that system of being forced to drop good players...that doesnt make any sense....since the over all goal of a team is to get the best players they can. Also all that does is put people on a new team constantly..if we both drop 90s then we would just end up picking up each others players.

Plus what do team like the Lions do? Drop Calvin? Thats crazy.

Right, I don't see why you'd have to drop good players to get random FAs...
I like the idea that Lions pick first, Steelers last but I don't know how that would be enforced...

[quote name='Soodmeg']I was talking about when we started the league. I didnt even know we had opened anything for after the season, hell lets see if we can even get that far to play more than 1 season.

I dont like that system of being forced to drop good players...that doesnt make any sense....since the over all goal of a team is to get the best players they can. Also all that does is put people on a new team constantly..if we both drop 90s then we would just end up picking up each others players.

Plus what do team like the Lions do? Drop Calvin? Thats crazy.[/QUOTE]
It happens in NFL frequently. Player movement and all, so yeah. And it's only one 90+ rated player of whom you have the option to pick up again. I don't really know how it works, but it's just a suggestion. Ok, say you dont drop a 90+ player and just do 89-70s, would you be ok with that?

Other leagues have a point system. The higher rated the player you drop, the more "points" you have to spend on FAs. Everyone needs a certain number of points and.. yeah I don't know how it exactly works, but something around that.

EDIT: It's easy to enforce. Set a waiver wire priority list. List the team from bottom to top from last year's standings. Lions owner if he wants to pick anyone, he should post whoever so you manually add, or just make him pick up the FA himself. Then put the Lions on the bottom of the list. It's like Fantasy Football, basically.

Roster update is out now.

Shin, seriously, I wouldnt worry about it. This will only affect us if we make it past 3 or 4 seasons. We dont even know if we can get through 1 season successfully so I dont see any point in trying to make long term rules. Maybe when its closer to the off season we can discuss it further.

That my opinion.

When I said if we settled Free Agency I meant for the possible available Free Agents that are out there like Edgerin James, Marvin Harrison, etc.

As to how to enforce it? Everyone needs to send the commish or seen their pick or if you want to forfeit say so. There should be 2 rounds and a 2 hour limit starting possibly Sunday and at that rate this should last no longer than a day.

As for those that are going to complain that it'll take forever, it won't. We do something similar in a basketball league and it's 29 GMs and the drafts usually take no longer than a day or two.

Just a heads up, I'll be camping today through Sunday so I can't join up until then. I'm still in obviously.

Here's an interesting take on one possibility to handle FAs coming into the season:
"All free agents that are in the game (Plaxico, Brooks, whoever else) will be available after we have finished week 4. Why? Well we are going to have a waiver wire style availability. The worst team in the league after 4 weeks will get to sign one player of their choosing, and it goes from there. Tie breaker is team rating."

BigAT that is perfect. I would not be opposed to starting it at the beginning of the season though and just doing it by team rating. Tie goes to whoever signed up first. I would say tie goes to a coin flip, but if 3+ teams have the same rating then it becomes a pain.

I would not, however, worry about FAs next year. It would be pretty damn easy though to just take a look at the FA list of the actual NFL and make everyone drop those players. Then do waivers in here where the worst records get first pick at the lot of FAs.

[quote name='ubernes']
I would not, however, worry about FAs next year. It would be pretty damn easy though to just take a look at the FA list of the actual NFL and make everyone drop those players. Then do waivers in here where the worst records get first pick at the lot of FAs.[/QUOTE]

I would be for this except I don't think players you already got in trades should apply, which when I think about it makes this an issue once our teams start to look different than the real NFL. What I mean is, say I trade Derek Anderson this season since I'm the Browns. Well, he likely won't be with the Browns next year so I don't think whoever I trade him to should have to put him up as a free agent again when he becomes available. I mean I guess we could match the real life FAs, but that might prohibit trading some.

I agree with waiting til week 4 to sign current fa's. For the offseason I think it would be efficient if we were required to drop 3 players rated between 70 and 89, and priority would go to the worst player in the league (draft-style).

I think thats fair and uncompicated.

When will the invites go out for the league???

Man, the game is pretty solid with some quirks but nothing game breaking so far. The only thing I dont like is down field blocking is still horrid. You always have to hope that all the blocks are picked up 1 yard for the LOS when you should be able to pick up a 5 yard block.

Most of the time the lineman get there but I am seeing to many DB instantly breaking a OT block for some reason.

From experience, 5 qtr's work well and games take about an hour. I've never been a fan of clock run-off/clock accel. but if those were wanted I would opt for 7 minute qtr's.

4 Quarters, 5 minutes each.
I wont be able to get the game till this evening (worst comes to worst, early tomorrow morning) so I'll set up the league then.

so I ordered the game from amazon and it was supposed to show up today but no dice. The tracking info says it is still in Transit so hoping it comes tomorrow.

OK, so I'm working on sending out invites to all 31 of you :)
League name is: CAG Madden Official
Password is : cags
Invites are being sent.
CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY MY FIRST GAME.
HERE'S TO A GREAT SEASON!

Ok, so I couldn't invite a TON of you because you haven't activated your Online Franchise codes yet.
I managed to invite:

BigAT
ubernes
Regian
seen
bhaines23
Mr Grand Cru
The Chop Suey
mikejonesgr
galego23
FrankySox
Doomtime

Again:

League name: CAG MADDEN OFFICIAL
PASSWORD: cags

ah will activate before I go to bed.

This will be a fun season, the little I've played has shown to me how much room for improvement I have. Its been awhile since I played madden and I thought playing NCAA would get me warmed up, but god they are truly 2 different games.

^Hopefully the tracking # says its close.

What do others think of the wide camera view? While I enjoy it for the passing, I feel it is a trade-off as it is harder to see the gaps to break runs.

It should be there no later than Monday. It took me 2 days after my item was shipped from Vegas till it got here.

I signed up, but Azu, why do you and someone else have your status set to ready when no games have been played? We are in week 1, FYI. so you should maybe tell people not to go ahead and play their games till everyone has joined. It gave me the option of playing my week 1 game with Chicago against the CPU.

Side note- Has anyone else found All-Pro to be really hard at times? I used the custom difficulty Madden IQ thing last year, but I've been losing on All-Pro this year. So much for achievements, for now.

Also, anyone up for online co-op sometime? 75 gamer points for completing a game on All-Pro and 50 for a successful lateral to your human teammate.

Yeah, I checked the tracking number. It also shipped from Nevada, so I'm expecting it tomorrow. It was shipped and it says arrival scan... it just doesn't say the location of the arrival scan. =p

Guys you do realize you dont have to wait for Azu to send you a invite right? I just joined by searching online franchises and then putting in our password.

Yes trades are allowed, just not with CPU teams (which there hopefully won't be any).
From what I understand, it is entirely possible to play your games if your opponent is in the leauge.

I think it should be easy enough to imagine that YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY YOUR GAMES WITH CPU OPPONENTS. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE KICKED.

Since I am the one who has the ability to advance the weeks, you can now essentially play your games (at this point however, I believe there are only 1-2 potential games that can be played.

I'm signed up!

I assume we can play our games as soon as the team we're playing signs up? Texans: holler at me when you join. I'll be on and off online all day/early evening.

WTF, the Dolphins dont have one WR screen in their whole playbook and thats my goto play 0-16 here I come.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back