Madden 11 CAG League - Signup's Open - Week 9 + Salary & FA Bidding

What routers do you guys have?? madcatz1999 and cusemanKeith

From what ive read people suggest to disable port forwarding and put your ps3 in the DMZ so it can bypass the NAT

or

If you have a DSL modem, that connects to a store bought router, disconnect the router and connect the modem straight to your PS3. For cable users im not sure.

cable modem, direct connect w/ethernet cord (not using wireless) - never had much trouble w/other games
Also, when we were having issues, I checked my ping by going into the madden head to head area and had full green bars. Not sure what the issue was. I'm hopeful we'll get to try again with better luck.
btw - I've played and finished 75 non-league online games with little issue - maybe just a fluke thing the other night

Indirectly i wanted to say madcatz is the cause of the problem. Since this is an issue gain with his match. IDK maybe it just needs a good hard reboot, unplug the power and leave it off for 5 mins.

maybe its the madden servers... this morning i was playing against the seahawks and in the second quarter it said that it could not connect to the madden server and it would not save the stats or the win

Only problems I've had before this is during the first two weeks, when I had my old router. And that was just connecting to someone to start the game, never disconnects during the game. Bypassing the router fixed that.

This time, though, it's having no problem connecting to someone, just staying connected. If I play a ranked online game, it doesn't even make it to the coin toss. It's not my router, because bypassing it doesn't help, as that's the first thing I tried. Haven't had any problems like this before this week. Tried hardbooting my modem several times, even disconnected everything from the network except the PS3, with no luck. Don't know what's up.

We finally got the game in. My best guess as to what the problem was is that I had a media server running on my PC that the PS3 was trying to connect to. I noticed it was getting DLNA errors -- whether or not that was causing the disconnects, I don't know, but the last thing I tried before we got the game working was disabling the connection to the media server on the PS3.

As far as the game itself, it was a good game. He got off to an early 10-0 lead after I bonked a FG off the crossbar. A couple of red zone turnovers later, and I was up 21-10 by the half. His D stepped up bigtime in the 2nd half, and held me to just 2 field goals -- both of well over 40 yards. Got it to within 3 points, but he couldn't recover the onside kick.

And the injury bug bites us both -- Deangelo Williams is out 2 weeks, and Joe Flacco is out 8. That adds to the 3 defensive starters that I already have out for the season, as well as another defensive starter that's still out for another couple of weeks.

yeah - was a good game but a costly one (especially since I got the L and lost my QB)
Glad we got to play it. Good luck the rest of the way madcatz

Im glad almost everyone played their games, good job guys. The rest got till Sunday Night/Monday Morning, depends if sleep early.

Some people had text me that 7 min quarters were too long, after playing last night i can agree. I was blowing out the Falcons owner 17-0. In the 2nd half i could tell he wasn't even playing Defense, he would just let the clock run out when choosing a play. Well i don't know if that was a signal that the Quarters were too long or simply his strategy on D, because he was stopping my offense. Also we were playing like in the NFL, punting on 4th downs, till it came to a desperate situation. I was also not killing the clock, or anything like that till the last 2 minutes of the 4th, but he wisely saved his timeouts and had more than enough time to send the game to overtime. The final score was 34-27, Green Bay.

Sadly i also lost Tremon Williams for the rest of the season and a few other for a couple of weeks.

Anyhow i added a 15 second run off to the clock, hopefully it gets games completed faster just in case people get disconnected.

Im still a big fan of 7 minutes, and punting on 4th because you can see a momentum shift in the game. If its a blowout in the 1st half, teams have a chance to get back in it in the 2nd half.

[quote name='melokeith']did the schedule advance yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope. And still hasn't. Third time I've logged in in order to get my game played.

Wed Midnight, Look at my psn comment. Trying to get bydesign and banks_2k10 to play. Also waiting on jmorris, who will play his game tonight. Banks joined on Friday and i wanna give him a bit of time, to schedule the game.

sorry about that. forgot it only shows the comment when im online.

[quote name='JayDouble']Joined as the Raiders.[/QUOTE]

yeah dont butt rape free agency and also try not to go for it on 4th down till the 4th quarter. Be logical, dont go for it on 4th down when your on your part of the field. 4th and inches is up to you i guess.

I would only apply these rules vs a human opponent, also before you play against some one else re-instate these rules, like 4th down attempts because they are not set in stone, yet.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Anyhow i added a 15 second run off to the clock, hopefully it gets games completed faster just in case people get disconnected.[/QUOTE]
I guess you changed your mind again? That didn't even last a week.

Wednesday Night, still waiting on JR and ByDesign to play. ByDesign is lagging it IDK why... of you guys know em tell him to log in and play.

Just set a scheduled day/time to advance by and if games don't get done so be it, unless the teams ask for an extension. We should really be able to play two games a week.

[quote name='JayDouble']Just set a scheduled day/time to advance by and if games don't get done so be it, unless the teams ask for an extension. We should really be able to play two games a week.[/QUOTE]

im just waiting on these two peeps. we tried playing two games per week it dint work out. But ive noticed most of the people that are currently in the league are very active and it might work. Then again there will always be 2-4 players that have other things to do and fully take advantage of the 1 game per week rules, which is fine by me.

I know how you feel jdouble. looks like ill be siming wednesdays from now on.
1 game per week is fine, ppl got school/kids/work to handle. Maybe in the future if the really active players stay.

great game against the Texans last night, even though I lost 38-35.

Speaking of losses - the injuries are mounting - seems a bit excessive even for football

I've got 2 out with broken collarbones, one with a broken jaw, one with broken ribs, and the strangest injury - one with a fractured shoulder blade.

Anybody else got any weird/excessive injuries?

[quote name='melokeith']great game against the Texans last night, even though I lost 38-35.

Speaking of losses - the injuries are mounting - seems a bit excessive even for football

I've got 2 out with broken collarbones, one with a broken jaw, one with broken ribs, and the strangest injury - one with a fractured shoulder blade.

Anybody else got any weird/excessive injuries?[/QUOTE]

dude i have like 7 people out. including 1 out for a the season. all starters. Even Brian Westbrook randomly appears on D.

Yeah the owner of the Texans is pretty cool. I think he might take it all the way on the AFC side. Who ever owns the Colts (bydesign) is seriously lagging it. I he already missed 3 straight games.

I was looking at the trophy list and i saw the one trophy about getting to the pro bowl in franchise mode. It would be awesome if they had this for online franchise. Although getting everyone online without lag would be improbable, i think it would be fun getting to control the individual people.

Also, im not to sure that they still have this feature, but in past maddens they use to say who the player of the week was and other good stuff. Apart from the league leaders, do you guys think that they should put this for online play? Personally i like striving to be on the top of the leader boards. it makes me play harder

Online franchise was (they've admitted) not a big focus this time around, as evidenced by things like lack of a salary cap, among others. Can't be bothered at the moment to find the quotation, but they pretty much said "We didn't put much effort into it, it'll have wait until another year".

Fifa has 11-on-11 play, but who the heck wants to play as the center in Madden? They have 3-on-3 online play in Madden -- I wouldn't be totally surprised if they took it further than that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if 3-on-3 was all they ever did.

They wont make any upgrades till there is competition. Even till this day NFL 2K5 is still better than any madden. I agree all those online features would be great, too bad they have better priorities. Thats why im skipping out on next years madden. I see that most people just play fanchise mode, and seeing that madden 10 is still supported on the EA sports madden front page. I dont see why in the world i would be buying madden 12. Im just saying this if online franchise is my main focus.

Unless they add all the same features as the offline mode. Ill buy madden 12. Cuz right now its pretty much the like the Wild West.

American Football Conference - 2010 Season, Week 15

East

1. New York Jets 6-7
  2. New England Patriots (DRIFTKING05) 5-8
  3. Buffalo Bills 3-10
  4. Miami Dolphins 3-10

North

1. Baltimore Ravens (cusemanKeith) 8-5
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers 8-5
  3. Cleveland Browns 6-7
  4. Cincinnati Bengals 3-10

South

1. Indianapolis Colts (ByeDesign) 9-4
  2. Houston Texans (robbyg08) 8-5
  3. Tennessee Titans 5-7
  4. Jacksonville Jaguars 2-10

West

1. Denver Broncos (shockster28) 10-3
  2. San Diego Chargers (BANKS_2K10) 8-5
  3. Oakland Raiders (JayDouble10) 7-6
  4. Kansas City Chiefs 5-8
National Football Conference - 2010 Season, Week 15

East

1. Dallas Cowboys (JR111737) 11-2
  2. Philadelphia Eagles (davidb69) 6-7
  3. New York Giants (dbeans) 6-7
  4. Washington Redskins 6-7

North

1. Green Bay Packers (Ch1d0r1_666) 12-1
  2. Chicago Bears (disruptor108) 10-3
  3. Minnesota Vikings (jmorris1996) 8-5
  4. Detroit Lions 3-10

South

1. New Orleans Saints (Blk_Panther09) 12-1
  2. Atlanta Falcons (mdam0re) 9-4
  3. Carolina Panthers (madcatz1999) 8-5
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1-12

West

1. San Francisco 49ers9-4
  2. Seattle Seahawks 4-9
  3. Arizona Cardinals 3-9
  4. St. Louis Rams 2-10

AFC PLAYOFF SCENARIO

1. Broncos
  2. Conts
  3. Ravens
  4. Jets

Wild Card

1. Texans
  2. Chargers
  3. Steelers
  4. Raiders
  5. Browns
  6. Patriots

[quote name='JayDouble']When can you play Chargers?[/QUOTE]
hit em up on PSN, hes been out for like 3 days, hes good to play though.

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']too bad there is no way to speed up injury times... i want Vilma back![/QUOTE]

I need Flacco back bad.

[quote name='Lexian']I would be willing to step into one of the teams if joining is still allowed[/QUOTE]

yes you can still join. 49rs are good 1st place in nfc west

[quote name='JayDouble']When can you play Chargers?[/QUOTE]

hey bro please come back. im gonna boot shockster since shes been out for 8 days. Also JR told me to temp boot him, he will be back till the Dec 7th.
So the Broncos and Cowboys are off limits for any one that joins. Those two player have been very active but they seem to have gone on a Thanksgiving vacation. They will rejoin when they comeback.

[quote name='m_d_amore']its week 16 to let someone in and get a playoff team is bulshit he can wait for next season[/QUOTE]

Ready for a rematch?

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Gonna advance in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

THANK GOD!

Well since season 2 will start by Jan. pls spread the word to friends, if they aren't slackers tell em to join. Or if they are slackers that only play madden tell em too.

does anyone know if i recover my account on my friends ps3 if i would be able to play in the franchise? it looks like i wont be able to play for a while on my ps3

Thanks for any help

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']does anyone know if i recover my account on my friends ps3 if i would be able to play in the franchise? it looks like i wont be able to play for a while on my ps3

Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

if you can go to your download history and download the franchise pass it shouldn't be an issue. kinda like game sharing. Or else you might have to re-buy it again. They also give you a 7-day trial for people that buy ea games used.

bread's done
Back