Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

After seeing Slaton fumble like crazy in college I'm not surprised he coughed one up to cost you the game. He is fast as hell and turns on a dime but he has always had butterfingers.

Games left. Some people need to get a move on.

Bills vs Jags (both seem to be around now, time?)
Colts vs Chiefs (in touch but haven't played, time?)
Panthers vs Bears (any luck reaching the Bears yet)
Vikings vs Jets (playing Mon at 8)
Niners vs Eagles (anything?)
Cards vs Saints (what are you guys doing for this?)

Nope no luck getting in contact with the Bears...I friended him on Live last night and sent him a message but he hasn't been on much today. It said he was on earlier today (like 4:00 p.m. or something) but he didn't accept my friend request, but it might have been someone else on his name so I dunno what's going on.

Anybody want to get a quick game in?

Also, in light of recent news, I have been thinking about trading Antonio Bryant, if anyone's interested. He's an 83 WR, and I'm looking to beef up my O-line (need a better LG, Center, and RT) or possibly improve at SS/FS.

[quote name='ubernes']Games left. Some people need to get a move on.

Colts vs Chiefs (in touch but haven't played, time?)[/QUOTE]

Been in touch with Chiefs but we're struggling to be on at the same time. We had planned on fitting it in tonight at 11pm EST, but it's 12:20am now on the East Coast and no word from him.

He had mentioned early Monday morning so I'm hoping we can both be on then.

I'm heading to bed now though, so tonight is a no go.

Also, my generic availability starting 9/5 will be the following:

Sunday anytime after 2pm EST
Monday before 4:30pm EST
Tuesday anytime
Wednesday anytime
Thursday before 4:30pm EST
Friday before 4:30pm EST (depends on work, I may be available all day on some weeks)
Saturday after 6pm EST (depends on work, I may be available sooner)

[quote name='ubernes']Did you PM him on here? That's probably the best way to reach pretty much everyone.[/QUOTE]

Alright I just PM'ed him. A lot of people on here have different CAG forum names than their Xbox Live gamertags. My last 2 opponents had different names (and both post really infrequently on the forums) so it's pretty inconvenient to have to sift through a bunch of random pages on the forums to try and find their username. That's why I always try to message them on Live first to get a response. It would probably be too much of a hassle to go back and add everyone's CAG forum name to the front page too (or at least just the ones who have a different name for Live), but I think that would help a lot for these situations.

Edit: Alright lol he responded to my P.M. within 5 minutes...I guess that was the way to go. We're scheduled for tomorrow at 6 p.m. EST.

[quote name='get abolished']@ Hydro, Up early today. Sent a PM, hopefully we can squeeze the start of our game in before 10 which is about an hour and a half.[/QUOTE]

I just "officially" woke up, not counting the several times throughout the night with my kid.. lol

Sorry we keep missing each other. I'll be around all day until 4:30pm EST. After that I won't be home from work until 1am EST at the earliest.

Panthers vs Bears (8pm EST tonight)
Vikings vs Jets (8pm EST tonight)
Niners vs Eagles (10pm EST tonight, hopefully)
Colts vs Chiefs (1:30am EST tonight, err tomorrow morning!)
Cards vs Saints (being figured out)
Bills vs Jags (I Pmed both, hopefully they have something set up)

My plan: Advance us in the afternoon/early evening tomorrow barring any set backs. The Broncos just told me he's going to be out of town Wed-Sun so we're going to squeeze our Week 6 game in tomorrow night before he's gone. If you played your week 5 game or you're sitting around with a bye, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start reaching out to your week 6 opponent via CAG PMs to get the ball rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I just remembered I have dinner plans at 5 tonight so hopefully (I'm about to message him) me and the Bears will be able to reschedule our game to 8:00 p.m. EST. Our game doesn't appear to be the last one, so I guess it doesn't change anything...but just wanted to give an update anyways.

Good to see my Madden team jinxing my real team. Pace looks to be about for 6 weeks. He was out for 7 in this league, but luckily at least 1 of those 6 in real life will be preseason.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I meant shooting for around 10pm.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I have a fantasy draft (in person), but it's at 6:30PM. I'll be Cru's fifth victim tonight. :cry:

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Yup. I have a fantasy draft (in person), but it's at 6:30PM. I'll be Cru's fifth victim tonight. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I had an in-person one last night. It was awesome. :D

Bills/Jags seem to be the only game left without a set time (that I know of), every other game should be played by late tonight. If Bills/Jags is played tonight too then expect a late night/early morning advance. Either way, I expect us to be moving along in the early part of tomorrow evening.

Broncos/Jets for Week 6 is already slotted in for 9pm EST tomorrow. :)

Usually I would hope the J-E-T-S would be badly B-E-A-T, but I hate the Broncos with a passion, so go get em' New York! Err.. Jersey, wherever the hell your team is at these days.

[quote name='ubernes']Bills/Jags seem to be the only game left without a set time (that I know of)[/QUOTE]

Jags let me know that he'd be online at 4PM today waiting for me, and I plan to be home from work by then or just after. We should get it in today.

Awesome. So the Colts/Chiefs at 1:30am est will be (should be) the last one of week 5. I imagine I'll still be awake by the time they finish so I can advance us right after. Though I'm not sure anyone is itching to play their Week 6 game at 2:30am haha.

[quote name='Doomtime']Battle of the Bay Area in Week 6.

5-0 Oakland Raiders v. 4-0 San Francisco 49ers[/QUOTE]

Good games like that make you want to be able to Spectate in on games.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Good games like that make you want to be able to Spectate in on games.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Knowing EA sports, we'll probably have this around Madden 25.

Jags beat Bills 31-24
Holy shit. Great freaking game. It was there and back all game.

Bills had ball 4th and goal from the 1 with 30 seconds left down by 7.. Decided to go with the playaction and it was picked by Mathis. Wish I knew how to upload highlights

I haven't screamed at a video game in a LONG time...........

AAAGH.

The Jags gave me this game. TWO kickoff fumbles. A couple big Lee Evans catches. Etc etc...

Here's the Bills Mishaps:

Bills get stuffed at third and short on the goal line, settle for a field goal.
Bills get the first kickoff fumble, throw it away in the endzone. AGH.

Jags go ahead...Bills are 4th and inches at the 2 or so, 7 down. I audible into a quick goal line pass. PICKED.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF. SO MUCH RAGE.

None of it directed to the player--great game, Jags. The AI pretty much lost the game for you, I won it for you with stupid mistakes.

Just looked at both endzone picks...horrible, horrible throws by me. Just so worried about the rush >.>

This was to be the Bills resurgence...this was to have a chance at redemption. A chance to battle for not a completely shitty record. But in the end, it's just one more step toward hanging it up for yet another season. Boy, do we need that bye.

I screamed at the TV when I threw that last pick, and I'm an extremely timid person while gaming. Son of a...arrrrgh.

EDIT: I'm saving highlights now but I had all sorts of issues actually getting onto the EA site with my login. It was pretty bugged out.

Also, don't take my negativity away from anything: This was an awesome game. The outcome was...frustrating for Mr. Bills. Loved about 59:30 of the game, though.

I thought there was no way I was coming out with that game, especially after fumbling that kickoff and you returning it. I was suprised with my ability to stop you on the goal line, my DB's made some great clutch plays.

Spiller is a great runner, he has alot of potential. Also, Evans had my corner beat on a couple of long balls.. He scored one when he pulled away on a slant.

There was an extreme amount of rage on my side to, just not my lucky day but somehow pulled it out. You play pretty well with the Bills.

Jags are now on a 3 game winning streak and have the 0-4 Titans up next

Yeah, the goal line D was brutal. I just didn't trust my line to push it through, hence the two (terrible) throws.

I did finally get production out of Spiller. I tried him in a couple games before (although one was the Jets and that game never happened :X) and didn't get much out of him. He's got potential if I can get a good handle on Madden 11 running. Already had a trade offer for him I'm still considering though.

Evans is the one shining star of the Bills. He can beat coverage all the time, but I tend to try and force it to him sometimes. Poor Roscoe Parrish is feeling left out. The third receiver and TE actually get good work.

Speaking of titans wasn't there a post of somebody trying to get in the league a couple of post earlier or is that team reserved for someone?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Ivanhood check your pm's .... ooo yea and if anybody needs a QB Alex Smith is on the block.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any PMs from you. Might want to try re-sending.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Speaking of titans wasn't there a post of somebody trying to get in the league a couple of post earlier or is that team reserved for someone?[/QUOTE]

Venom has them. He will be taking them over Wednesday so he'll be playing his Week 6 game.

So has anyone gone back and tried to play the CPU in All-Madden now that they've had the game for a while? I just started playing my franchise in All-Madden and it's still really tough. I won my first game against the Falcons 35-7, barely won my second game against the Lions 38-35 or something, and now I'm struggling a lot against the Colts. I've had to restart the game like 3 times because I'm getting killed by their offense and Steve Smith drops so many passes in All-Madden it's ridiculous.

Also, did they implement the patch online yet with the improved kick-lag? I had a scrim with Ivan Hood last night and it seemed to be a little better...and the overall game lag was surprisingly almost non-existent.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']
Also, did they implement the patch online yet with the improved kick-lag? I had a scrim with Ivan Hood last night and it seemed to be a little better...and the overall game lag was surprisingly almost non-existent.[/QUOTE]

No patch per say, but the lag definitely seems improved. Although I just got used to the consistent kick lag, now I'm not sure what it will be like...I almost liked it better consistently bad. Alas!

[quote name='Lexxon']No patch per say, but the lag definitely seems improved. Although I just got used to the consistent kick lag, now I'm not sure what it will be like...I almost liked it better consistently bad. Alas![/QUOTE]

The game I just had with you was the unlaggiest game I have played yet. Maybe its the patch, but I attribute it to the network at my university which is one of the fastest in the country

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Vikings 38, Jets 37 :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ugh. GG. I have no regrets going for 2 at the end of the game for the W. My defense didn't exist, literally. Scott, Harris, Pace (he's been out), Leohard, Gholston, Lowery, Cummings (my like 66 rated LB I had to put in so the CPU stopped subbing in LT as my LB) all out for the game. AP already broke every. single. tackle. that touched him. You can probably guess how he did once the guys not even on my depth chart were in the game.

I believe I was down 28-3 in the 2nd quarter. The whole first half was just silly actually. I'm trying to be a good sport, it was a good game, but I'm looking forward to them turning down the broken tackles and injuries.

edit: shit, I think Eric Smith was even out too. I dunno for the game, but for a period of time. I remember I had both my 2nd string safeties in, well that was until Lowery, my 2nd string FS, went out for the game. haha. yup.

You're definitely cursed with injuries. I had more of my guys injured in this game than I have all season.

Edwards had a ridiculous run, too, after a catch. My defense was better in the first half than it has been all year. I just knew I was going to blow the lead, though. And I was certain you were going to score on that final conversion attempt.

I couldn't find the exact play I wanted on the 2-pt conversion. So I was just hoping you'd be in zone coverage and I'd sling it into Keller in the corner. You don't want to take a sack there, so I kind of forced it over quicker than I wanted despite the coverage and it didn't net me enough yards. A draw play would've been interesting to pull off haha, but I wasn't running well all game, or all half until I gave up on it.

Thinking back I'll probably regret not letting OT decide the game. Though with the way both our offenses were running, it would probably be whoever won the toss, which is what I wanted to avoid.

edit: I wish I had the same faith in my comeback initially as you did haha. I started trying to score 21 points in one throw and it cost me on one of those picks. One was just terribly overthrown by me, but I think my first one which may have given you 21 or 28 points was just forced into tight coverage and I paid big time.

edit2: and luckily, my team has a quick turnaround with a game tomorrow vs the Broncos. hopefully they can bounce back and they can redeem themselves. I'm going to have to find someone to fill in at MLB now. Harris is out 3 weeks it looks like. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoya, Dolphins beat Vikings 42-35.... Dolphins Lose to Jets. Jets lose to Vikings. All is right in the world.

(sorry about your injuries ubernes......you're getting the bug!)

HOLY CRAP....wow.

Time of Posession:

Vikings : 15:21
Jets: 4:39

[quote name='neworlbush25']The game I just had with you was the unlaggiest game I have played yet. Maybe its the patch, but I attribute it to the network at my university which is one of the fastest in the country[/QUOTE]

Could be. My last two (previous game was vs. Jets) have been pretty stable, although our game was the best yet. I'm just on a home Comcast connection, but no one else was home. The connection can bog down somewhat when my sister/brother/parents are all using it, although I'm the only one who does any major downloading, so I'm not entirely sure why. (Could be temporary upload bottlenecks, who knows)

...on an unrelated note, I have the Ravens week 7? I keep hearing "good" things about the Ravens...which probably means I'm going to loooose. Again. Oh well...if I lose like I did today more often I'll feel better about this bum-ridden team.

bread's done
Back