Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

i only turn madden on to play with you guys so i'm not as menacing in Madden 11 as i was in Madden 10... for starters, i cant compensate for my corner's stupidity and lack of man coverage skills like i could before, and the angles defenders take to get to the ball carriers are killin me. Cant wait for the patches

[quote name='bvharris'] ... I think I should be better than 2-2 as well, I'm just playing like shit at the moment ...[/QUOTE]

I'm just shortening your post so it's relevant for everyone that's 2-2.
Thanks. :)

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']I'm just shortening your post so it's relevant for everyone that's 2-2.
Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least you're on a winning streak. And for the record, me saying I'm playing like shit is not taking anything away from your win over me. There'd be no point in me competing if I didn't think I should beat everyone though, right? :D

It was on his 39, sorry for the confusion.

And I wasn't a fan of the early quit because I wanted to take videos from the game to post them here.

No one should be quitting early in league play. I know losing/the game in general can be frustrating at times, but out of respect to your opponent and for them to be able to grab hightlights, look at stats, etc don't do it. Especially if there's only like 20 seconds or some shit left.

i aint know u couldnt get the videos cuz of that so my bad about that... but my daughter was startin to fuss so i aint feel like sittin there watchin 1:45 slowly tick off the clock with u kneelin down... to me, the game was over.

I mean, no big deal Deuce Im not mad or anything. I know what its like when you got a lot of other stuff going on in the house.

GG ubernes. He'll fill you in on his dominance I'm sure...but outside of the 4 INTs (the big long one to Evans that got picked just killed me ._.) I actually felt like I did okay...had a chance to win for at least two and a half quarters. Not bad for the Bills.

On the kickoff return called back--as soon as I saw the 'daylight' for the kickoff return, Gus said 'there's a flag on the field'...I knew the next 75 yards were for naught :( *grumble*

just wrapped up my game with the Bills. the Jets remain undefeated for now, winning 41-14. gg.

the Bills did a great job stopping Greene. he didn't much going until the later parts of the 2nd half, but still ended up with 97 yards and 2 TDs. the offense was unspectacular for the most part. Sanchez was efficient. Edwards lead the team with 79 yards.

If anything stood out from this game is was the Jets defense. They kept the Bills under a yard per carry. Through the air, they picked off Edwards 4 times. Revis jumped a slant route in the 1st for one, Leonard had a pretty amusing basket catch on an underthrown ball (wanted to upload this one, but the replays focuses too much on the ball in the air), rookie Kyle Wilson grabbed one in the 3rd that he ran back for a TD (replay: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32488518) and finally Lowery grabbed one in the 4th that stopped the Bills final drive.

turning point of the game was probably, the Jets going up 14-7. on the ensuing kickoff the Bills ran back the kick for a TD to tie it up but it was called back on a hold. this was with just over 2 minutes in the 2nd quarter and the Bills wouldn't find the end zone again until 3 minutes left in the game.

edit: the score was definitely closer than it looks. as Lexxon said, we played it pretty even for the first half plus. and that INT, the one that Leohard had that you mentioned, was a backbreaker. I really thought I was getting beat on that one, it just all of a sudden died on you and didn't reach your WR. hell it hardly reached my safety, he had to pick it off the floor pretty much.

I don't understand how some people's defenses can be so dominant. I mean, I'm not a horrible Madden player by any means. I used to dominate NCAA Football games with my user coverage (which is something I can't seem to do with Madden) and stuffing the run was my forte, but this year's Madden takes my defense and shits all over it while smoking a cuban and smiling.

Pending some lucky breaks, I should be the 0-4 Colts .. which is something you'll never read in real life during the Peyton Manning era.

I wouldn't say my defense is dominate, or anyone's really (i'd have to look at the box scores closer though). It's hard in this game to be dominate on defense. I mean, I'm averaging just under 21 points allowed per game. Not bad, but I wouldn't call it dominate. Too many big plays in this game to keep people to only a TD or 2 regularly.

[quote name='ubernes']I wouldn't say my defense is dominate, or anyone's really (i'd have to look at the box scores closer though). It's hard in this game to be dominate on defense. I mean, I'm averaging just under 21 points allowed per game. Not bad, but I wouldn't call it dominate. Too many big plays in this game to keep people to only a TD or 2 regularly.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I just suck at Madden then.

Edit: I'm really starting to understand Soodmeg's rant and where he's coming from exactly, about how broken this piece of shit game really is. My defensive players just stand around with their thumbs up their asses as guys run right past them, so if I'm not controlling them nothing gets done to stop my opponent -- which it's pretty hard when it seems like 11 vs. 1 -- and now this supposed "uber patch" is supposed to fix everything. The more I play, the more it frustrates me and makes me want to back out of the league until at least half the bullshit is "fixed".

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Redskins top the Eagles. I cost myself a close one by dropping the controller and tossing a lateral/fumble by Brent Celek. Ugh. Great game by Washington and great player in terms of etiquette.[/QUOTE]

Hey great game, Pacer. Alot of respect for you keeping your head in the game and to keep fighting like that when you fell behind big, early, and then nearly came back to beat me. Much respect.

Now that being said, the Redskins are officially hitting their stride and I am now annointing myself a dark horse pick in the NFC. I am coming for you week 5 opponent - and then come week 13 I am coming for you BigAT!

:cool:

I will edit this as necessary if I proceed to get crushed the next eight weeks or so! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Great I'm excited to play, it seems Deuce and Ramsue lost so I have to try and hold it down for the crew, lol[/QUOTE]

It's up to you to restore the dignity for the week.

*Ramesu not Ramsue

If BV can't whip together the first power rankings after week 4 ends on Friday then I can probably do them over the weekend. And end of season awards would be good.

Yea I think end of the season awards would be excellent , make sure Ted Ginn is in the vote for Special Teams player of the year lol

mid-week update:

Seahawks vs Rams (haven't heard from either)
Lions vs Packers (I believe this is being worked out)
Panthers vs Saints (time?)
Broncos vs CPU Titans (play asap)
Niners vs Falcon (tonight, I believe)
Bears vs Giants (time?)

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Yea I think end of the season awards would be excellent , make sure Ted Ginn is in the vote for Special Teams player of the year lol[/QUOTE]

Not getting anything to recieve today.

Bears/Giants was supposed to happen last night, but Eddie's obligation ran long and was unable to make it. I think we're playing tomorrow night.

um, you don't need to do trades in this league if the real NFL does them. if the Vikes want, and you want, go wild but I'm not going to force you guys to make that exact trade for accuracy's sake. the Vikings in this league, as far as I know, still have Rice completely healthy and migraines don't really hamper Harvin's play in Madden so the point of the trade IRL is moot here pretty much.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Will we still get power rankings and are we doing end of season awards ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ubernes']If BV can't whip together the first power rankings after week 4 ends on Friday then I can probably do them over the weekend. And end of season awards would be good.[/QUOTE]

I fully intend to still do the Week 4 power rankings, and probably Week 4 re-caps as well, I just won't have time during this week to go back and do the ones for Week 3.

I tried to do end of season awards last year and it didn't really work. If it didn't work last year it's not going to this year when the stats are 10x as bonkers.

[quote name='ubernes']mid-week update:

Seahawks vs Rams (haven't heard from either)
Lions vs Packers (I believe this is being worked out)
Panthers vs Saints (time?)
Broncos vs CPU Titans (play asap)
Niners vs Falcon (tonight, I believe)
Bears vs Giants (time?)[/QUOTE]

Matt(GB) and I(Lions) are set to play tomorrow at 7pmEST.

I'll do the EOS awards.
EDIT: That is of course no one else has time to pick them up. (I'm having major knee surgery probably around the time the season should get over so I'll have a month at least of being at home)

[quote name='bvharris']I fully intend to still do the Week 4 power rankings.[/QUOTE]

Good, I was just going to make the Jets #1 anyways haha.

[quote name='ubernes']Good, I was just going to make the Jets #1 anyways haha.[/QUOTE]

The Jets are at I think around 13 or 14 in my current draft, but I'd have to check.

Disregard what I said earlier, Giants/Bears just got played.

Antrel Rolle was a big part of the Giant defense, recording two inceptions (one user, one CPU). Both of the picks gave the Giants fantastic field position and resulted in touchdowns. Eli Manning had a short but productive game through the air, going 8-10 for 243 yards and a touchdown. Steve Smith was his primary target, leading the Giants in receptions and yardage with 3 catches for 126 yards. Brandon Jacobs ran for some tough and important runs against a stout Bears defense, rushing 9 times for 55 yards (6.1 YPC) and 3 touchdowns.

Giants - 35
Bears - 19

bread's done
Back