Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Well Doomtime, you don't have to worry about much pass defense with Nate Davis at qb and no Vernon Davis , lol that's why you need to send me a reciever.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Well Doomtime, you don't have to worry about much pass defense with Nate Davis at qb and no Vernon Davis , lol that's why you need to send me a reciever.[/QUOTE]
Haha no sir. I know I'll end up regretting it. Looking forward to the game later. I have class from 5 pm pst to about 630 but I'll get on as soon as I get back.

You wouldn't regret a trade that will make your past defense unbearable for any offense doomtime , plus we aren't in the same conference after this game I could only meet you in the superbowl lol

Chargers 41 - Rams 16

The Chargers shook off the malaise that had seemingly gripped them for three straight losses with a statement game against the Rams. The Rams scored on their opening drive on a long pass from Bradford to Robinson but the Chargers would answer back with an 83 yard TD to Gates on their first play from scrimmage which set the tone for the game. Another Gates TD had the Chargers leading 14-7 after one. The Rams added a FG to tighten it up before a Rivers pass to Floyd put the Chargers up 21-10. The Rams managed another after driving the length of the field impressively in the waning moments of the half, but missed the two point conversion to make it 21-16 at the break. The Chargers began their second half the same way they began their first, with a long TD on the first play, this time a 75 yard bomb to Jackson. Sproles sealed the game later in the 3rd with a 40 yard TD run. Two FGs after the Rams tightened up in the red zone brought the score to 41-16. The Rams couldn't muster much of anything in the 2nd half.

The Chargers seemingly have found their lost mojo, with Rivers going 17-25 for 402 yards and 4 TDs. Both Jackson and Gates eclipsed 150 yards and Sproles added 61 yards on 12 carries, though 2/3 of that came on one play as he was otherwise pretty well handled.

GG Greg!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Bvharris did you get my facebook message ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did, sorry. Yes, I'll trade any of my LBs, though I've been planning on Butler starting in Year 2. You a Washington fan? :D

Edit: Just realized after the whole Patriots/Titans thing that they are my next two opponents. So much for being impartial. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deuce20602']so TRW... thursday would appear to be gameday. I'll be home by 6:30 pm est so lemme know what the business is...[/QUOTE]

perfect, I'll be around and that gets the game done before the packers preseason game

matt young, thanks, you have given the pats reason to beat the packers bad

[quote name='theredworm']perfect, I'll be around and that gets the game done before the packers preseason game
[/QUOTE]

Never too early to look ahead.. What's your availability like this weekend for our Week 7 game? Sunday would probably be best for me, since Saturday I'm playing golf and taking care of other stuff, but I could probably do later Saturday night.

[quote name='bvharris']Never too early to look ahead.. What's your availability like this weekend for our Week 7 game? Sunday would probably be best for me, since Saturday I'm playing golf and taking care of other stuff, but I could probably do later Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

this is my weekend off, so pretty open

[quote name='theredworm']this is my weekend off, so pretty open[/QUOTE]

Awesome, looking forward to it, always fun to square off against my Pats. :D

Logging on shortly to clear out the Titans/Pats, send red worm an invite, and I already gave venom the league info to join too.

Would anybody with a headset like to engage in some trade talks this evening, I almost thoroughly enjoy negotiating as much as playing games, I would like to do this pretty much after my game with Doomtime.

Colts/Redskins (3pm EST) MIGHT be delayed by a little bit. My girlfriend informed me we have a ton of errands to run today, as well as shopping (ugh), so I'm not sure how long I will be out. If I notice it getting too close to game time, I will try to get on with my Droid and keep you updated.

[quote name='HydroX']Colts/Redskins (3pm EST) MIGHT be delayed by a little bit. My girlfriend informed me we have a ton of errands to run today, as well as shopping (ugh), so I'm not sure how long I will be out.[/QUOTE]

Women be shoppin'

If you do get on with your droid switch it to iphone version its so much faster and user friendly than using the full site view from your droid, I use my droid to make post during the day such as this one, lol

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Would anybody with a headset like to engage in some trade talks this evening, I almost thoroughly enjoy negotiating as much as playing games, I would like to do this pretty much after my game with Doomtime.[/QUOTE]

I'll see ya online later

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Lions owner did you get my xboxlive message ?[/QUOTE]

Try him here via PM, I think that works best for him.

[quote name='HydroX']Colts/Redskins (3pm EST) MIGHT be delayed by a little bit. My girlfriend informed me we have a ton of errands to run today, as well as shopping (ugh), so I'm not sure how long I will be out. If I notice it getting too close to game time, I will try to get on with my Droid and keep you updated.[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully you get here sooner than later. I have to work an all night shift for the next week or so.

Can't wait to talk trades with another team, lol I have grown tired of talking with duece and his ravens over xbox live party chat for the last two weeks lol jk duece

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I can't wait to get home so that crabtree can burn asughma up on the feild lol[/QUOTE]
lol I'd like to see that

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I can't wait to get home so that crabtree can burn asughma up on the feild lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Doomtime']lol I'd like to see that[/QUOTE]

It would seem to be ON. :D

[quote name='ubernes']Big power ranking implications tonight! Will probably decide #2 since the Jets choked.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

Its nothing like some friendly trash talk lol as long as I can back it up, I'm looking to leave Jason Campbell on a stretcher for a couple weeks, lol

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Its nothing like some friendly trash talk lol as long as I can back it up, I'm looking to leave Jason Campbell on a stretcher for a couple weeks, lol[/QUOTE]
Haha that's if you can get to him. Only been sacked once all season.

Haha well If Patrick Willis is confused its only going to be because he can't decide if he wants to force the fumble or catch the pick lol

[quote name='Doomtime']Haha that's if you can get to him. Only been sacked once all season.[/QUOTE]
And that was also a fumble broguth back for 6, might I add. Still the only big highlight of my defense this season. :(

[quote name='bvharris']Chargers 41 - Rams 16

The Chargers shook off the malaise that had seemingly gripped them for three straight losses with a statement game against the Rams. The Rams scored on their opening drive on a long pass from Bradford to Robinson but the Chargers would answer back with an 83 yard TD to Gates on their first play from scrimmage which set the tone for the game. Another Gates TD had the Chargers leading 14-7 after one. The Rams added a FG to tighten it up before a Rivers pass to Floyd put the Chargers up 21-10. The Rams managed another after driving the length of the field impressively in the waning moments of the half, but missed the two point conversion to make it 21-16 at the break. The Chargers began their second half the same way they began their first, with a long TD on the first play, this time a 75 yard bomb to Jackson. Sproles sealed the game later in the 3rd with a 40 yard TD run. Two FGs after the Rams tightened up in the red zone brought the score to 41-16. The Rams couldn't muster much of anything in the 2nd half.

The Chargers seemingly have found their lost mojo, with Rivers going 17-25 for 402 yards and 4 TDs. Both Jackson and Gates eclipsed 150 yards and Sproles added 61 yards on 12 carries, though 2/3 of that came on one play as he was otherwise pretty well handled.

GG Greg![/QUOTE]

As is often the case, when a team has to get away from its gameplan, things go downhill. The Rams offense is reasonably potent WHEN Jackson can run (he did big time in the first half of this game) and set up the deep pass (which is getting harder with Avery out with injury for 6 weeks). Unfortunately, the Rams defense serves as a runway for opponents to strut their stuff on, and the result is that Jackson is relegated to the occasional screen pass (which he is good at) while Rookie quarterback Sam Bradford tries (and he tries hard, but is ultimately unsuccessful) to carry the team on his back.

The Rams NEED wide receiver and cornerback help. The only problem is that trading away the only trade chips we have (Jackson, Bradford, Otagwe) would be counterproductive and eliminate the chance that we win the occasional lucky game (like the one last week).

In the end, we need free agents and a couple of years of good drafting. (unfortunately, we don't have that opportunity).

[quote name='gregthomas77']
In the end, we need free agents and a couple of years of good drafting. (unfortunately, we don't have that opportunity).[/QUOTE]

Why not? You leaving us this offseason? :cry:

Colts 27, Redskins 14

I wasn't too happy with the way OCD was messaging me in game cursing at me, and telling me I was playing like a douche, and that he was going to do this and that. After a few messages telling me off, I pretty much told him to go fuck himself. Apparently he was pissed off because I went for it on 2 4th downs in the 1st quarter. One of them being a 4th and inches (which is easily gotten), and another being 4th and 6 on his 41 yard line. I felt I'd be screwing the pooch no matter what I tried (the lag was horrendous, and winds were 19 mph diagonally so kicking was shit).

He quit on me in the 4th quarter with 3:08 to go (after I picked off McNabb for a 2nd time). I really thought this was going to be a fun game with the way we were conversing before the game, but he turned out to be a big fucking crybaby about it.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']And that was also a fumble broguth back for 6, might I add. Still the only big highlight of my defense this season. :([/QUOTE]
lol I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up. :lol: I'll try and get that scrimmage in with you tonight. Sorry I had to postpone last night.

I appreciate the opportunity to play in this league.

3 seperate 3rd and short conversions, quarterback sneak.

4th and inches, 2nd quarter, tie game, person on their own 28 yard line.

Play call? Quarterback sneak. A Peyton Manning.... Quarterback sneak.

I cannot remember, but I am pretty sure there was another 4th down attempt play called in their own territory with the score tied.

95% of every snap I take, the SAME linebacker, is in my face practically as I just take the ball from the center. Nano'ing? No idea, but it sure as hell felt like it.

It could be sour grapes, or whatever the hell you want to call it, or maybe I came here to play to escape exactly that sort of play.

Good game I guess, Colts.

Im out, though. I am angry enough in my day to day life without being angry in my little amount of free time, as well.

Well, it's unfortunate that this happened the way it did. I'm not going to address much since it seems OCD is taking himself out the league, BUT I do think people are taking too many liberties with 4th down. The Chiefs told me the Colts went for it a number of times (I didn't get the specifics), now we're seeing the same thing in this game. I do not really think 4th and 6th really anywhere is something people should be going for unless they are down by multiple touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Definitely shouldn't be going for it if you're up, especially by multiple scores.

I really don't know how to properly police nano blitzing or even how to differentiate regular blitzing with your LB and nano blitzing. Everyone should know that nano blitzing is NOT allowed. Some people don't realize they are doing it, or consider what they are doing not nano blitzing, but maybe we need to set up some hard rules. It really should be common sense that if you're getting to the QB within seconds without so much as a offensive lineman looking in your direction that you're pulling some bullshit. So let's be smart about this and use your own discretion in the meantime.

Besides all that, no one should be quitting early or cussing out their opponents no matter what they are doing. The best thing to do would be to stick with the game, capture replays and explain your experience plus the videos into discussion here. I hope that it doesn't have to come to that, but I think that is probably the best way to handle it moving forward. If someone is truly breaking the rules of the league (most importantly, respect and sportsmanship) then they will be the one on the way out. Not saying that this is the case with the Colts here, but no one should feel that this league isn't what they signed up for and have to quit because of it.

bread's done
Back