Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Ubernes kick me out the league until this evening I am at work and my gamertag is being accessed , ill message you in detail later.[/QUOTE]

K, i'll be doing that shortly.

Skins Owner, I'll probably on on tonight since I'm going to play Halo around 11:30, So if you wanna get our Madden Game in that'd be cool. If not PM Me when your best available.

[quote name='HydroX']I may not be able to play Sunday, with football season here my gf's family usually gets together for the games. Best of luck on your move, hopefully we can squeeze our game in somewhere as I've been waiting to play against you.[/QUOTE]

I have a reputation or something? :)

if we played sun, it'd be after football

Thanks for the other QB offers, but I'm good with Leinart. He should be able to get me through the rest of the season and maybe even pick up a few more wins along the way (assuming the Madden gods don't strike down the rest of my starters).

Deuce would you be able to play our game sometime tonight after we advance?? I'm going out of town this weekend, so otherwise I won't be able to play until Monday. If you want, we can just play then instead...but I just wanna make sure everyone's not ending up waiting on our game during the weekend.

[quote name='IvanHood']Cincinnati sends LOLB Rey Maualuga (85 OVR) to Arizona for QB Matt Leinart (75 OVR) and a 2nd round pick.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to put this through now. Make sure you guys adjust your depth charts.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Deuce would you be able to play our game sometime tonight after we advance?? I'm going out of town this weekend, so otherwise I won't be able to play until Monday. If you want, we can just play then instead...but I just wanna make sure everyone's not ending up waiting on our game during the weekend.[/QUOTE]

what time are we supposed to be advancing... i'll be out of the house until about 10 or 11 est.

I think we're advancing around 10:30 EST so we can schedule it for 11 (or 11:30 to be safe)...or we could even do later than that, I'll probably be up til about 2 a.m. EST or something. If you're gonna be tired when you get back home though, we can always just wait til Monday...let me know what you prefer.

one more thing... DESKLASER, would u be willing to trade Joe Haden for my 1st rd pick?

Scotts, i dunno if Sergio Kindle being unavailable killed the negotiations but i'm definately still interested in making a move for Patrick Robinson.

I would like to add the following to the trading block:

Have:
CB R. Barber (84 OVR), DT B. Price (75 OVR) DT R. Sims (72 OVR) DT R. Miller (71 OVR)
Willing to field offer on any player.

if trading Barber I would like to include a mid-70's CB replacement

Want: WR, MLB, OLB

[quote name='Matt Young']http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.action?newsId=week2rosters

I've been waiting for this update in order to start my offline franchise, and so many Packers get increases... but Ryan Grant= :(.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he's still on the roster. Just at the bottom of the HB depth chart. Just sub him in.

They tossed Sidney Rice at the bottom of the Vikings WR depth chart in online games. I just sub him back in when I'm playing a OTP game as WR so I can use him.

Eagles back to their losing ways: WSH 42, PHI 21.

The last 7 came on a rush as time expired. Not complaining, but a kneel would have been the noble thing to do. :)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Speaking of Sidney Rice, I'm willing to trade him. He's a 90 OVR. Looking for a LB, CB, or S.[/QUOTE]

first rd pick and antwan barnes

Lol I like the "Awareness" decrease on Dustin Keller...very appropriate. Are these roster updates ever going to take effect in our league?? Like next season or something? Or are we just going to have to stick with the initial roster for however many seasons we end up playing.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol I like the "Awareness" decrease on Dustin Keller...very appropriate. Are these roster updates ever going to take effect in our league?? Like next season or something? Or are we just going to have to stick with the initial roster for however many seasons we end up playing.[/QUOTE]

We'll be keeping these rosters. I wish were able to import the latest ratings and then have our season 1 progress reflect in those ratings, but we can't have both. And I think everyone would be happier to keep the team they built and shaped instead of starting from scratch again despite some minor and slightly less minor inaccuracies.

[quote name='BigAT']Pacer, play our game at 10:30 EST? I definitely need to catch the season premiere of Always Sunny.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Better DVR 'The League' :)

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Sure. Better DVR 'The League' :)[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I'm waiting for the 11:30 showing. I think they are doing a replay of it then.

edit: BRONCOS up by 1 in the 4th quarter. UT OH.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Sure. Better DVR 'The League' :)[/QUOTE]

I've actually never watched it. Heard it's pretty damn good though.

Actually, I think I might download season 1 right now.

11 might be to late for me I usually goto bed by than because I get up early, we will see though If you can get online any sooner please do, lol

[quote name='BigAT']I've actually never watched it. Heard it's pretty damn good though.

Actually, I think I might download season 1 right now.[/QUOTE]

It's funny and I think scores points simply because they got a show about FF on television.

Wow, so I just lost thanks to a lagged FG miss from the 20 yard line. I wish I could say there were other factors, but when it comes down to it that was the deciding factor imo. Rames, you played a great game so I don't want to take that away from you, but it should've been tied late in the game and probably heading into OT.

I should've, could've won/tied the game by other means too. So I can't blame it all on that one gimmie FG. I threw a pick in the red zone which took away a possible score in the 2nd half. So that's on me. I also picked off Schaub going into the half and couldn't decide whether to get tackled or run out of bounds and the clock ticked down before either was able to happen, I would've had a shot at 3 there. So I left plenty of points on the board myself. Oh well, win some lose some I guess. I'm just glad I was competitive, I've been in a bit of a rut between leagues games.

Texans def. Jets, 20-17

Other thoughts: I have to tip my hat to Rames' 2nd half rush D. It may look like I had my way with his front line with Greene, but the majority of that came in the first quarter. I would say I probably had about 100 yards at the half, so he made some adjustments. Slaton on the other hand was fairly consistent throughout, no huge gainers that I can remember but he got the job done and racked up plenty of yards with him. He was keyed in on Edwards it seemed, or at least the safety he was usually controlling was coincidentally shadowing him. Edwards only had 2 catches, but both were in pretty big spots. Keller seemed to be the one to benefit from a lot of the extra attention paid to Braylon, as he had 6 catches himself. Nothing else that I can think of to note. My pick in the red zone was rough, and I would probably dwell on it more but Slaton coughed it up a play or 2 later so it was negated almost immediately. Had 2 shots at the end zone there, one that got picked which I luckily got back and then once I did get it back I missed the easy field goal. Tough set of plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders defeat Steelers 38-24. I'll edit this and do a write up in a bit.

9-0 Oakland Raiders @ 8-1 Pittsburgh Steelers

This game lived up to the hype.

The first half was a defensive struggle.

1st Quarter-The Raiders scored first on a McFadden run after forcing Big Ben to fumble. Shortly thereafter, they scored again on a field goal after forcing the Steelers to punt. 10-0 Oakland

2nd Quarter- Pretty much all Steelers. The Raiders experienced their old school style of play for the majority of the quarter, which resulted in a Mendenhall touchdown run. Oakland drove down the field but ended up running out of time and couldn't turn the drive into a score. 10-7 Oakland

3rd Quarter- First play of the half, Campbell throws his first interception of the season. (Horrible pass) Steelers drive down inside the Raiders 10, but are unable to punch it in. 10-10 tie game. On the ensuing kickoff, Higgins runs it back 92 yards. McFadden also adds a 55 yard touchdown run later in the quarter. 24-10 Oakland

4th Quarter- Oakland only had the ball for 3 plays all quarter. A pair of 80 yard runs by McFadden and the knee to clinch the game. After the Steelers pulled to within one score, Oakland called on McFadden to answer.

Oakland 38 Pittsburgh 24

GG Zurezo.

Game Notes
Campbell's first INT of the season.
Oakland only had 4 first downs and 4:21 of total possession.
McFadden- 7 rushes for 246 yards and 4 Touchdowns
Mendenhall held to 96 yards on 19 attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubernes']Wow, so I just lost thanks to a lagged FG miss from the 20 yard line. I wish I could say there were other factors, but when it comes down to it that was the deciding factor imo. Rames, you played a great game so I don't want to take that away from you, but it should've been tied late in the game and probably heading into OT.

I should've, could've won/tied the game by other means too. So I can't blame it all on that one gimmie FG. I threw a pick in the red zone which took away a possible score in the 2nd half. So that's on me. I also picked off Schaub going into the half and couldn't decide whether to get tackled or run out of bounds and the clock ticked down before either was able to happen, I would've had a shot at 3 there. So I left plenty of points on the board myself. Oh well, win some lose some I guess. I'm just glad I was competitive, I've been in a bit of a rut between leagues games.

Texans def. Jets, 20-17[/QUOTE]

Now do you see what some of us have been saying? :cry:

I've left plenty of points on the board myself, but at least half of them are because Vinatieri sucks/the kick lag makes him seem even worse. I mean, really, I absolutely love that this Super Bowl winning kicker can't make a 45 yarder with 100% power -- and when I mean can't make it, I mean it lands halfway in the endzone at the furthest! This is absolutely true, happened in the Colts/Eagles game. I couldn't believe my eyes, lol. So to anyone that plays me in the future, if I go for it from that range, it's not to be a douche -- it's that my kicker's power rating just fucking sucks in Madden. :cry:

Edit: As for Rames, he's easily one of the most underrated guys in this league IMO. I don't understand how I could hang with him in the first game of the year considering how I've played in my other games.

[quote name='jbrun85']Hydro, I feel your pain. My kicker is terrible too and I've been in that situation.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I've been playing as the Bucs in some offline games and Barth is god awful. I'm so sorry, man. :cold:

Ravens and Panthers tied up 35-35 late in the 4th. Master was up 28-27, deuce went ahead 35-28 and Master scored shortly after. Go go Madden Spectate Mode.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Ravens and Panthers tied up 35-35 late in the 4th. Master was up 28-27, deuce went ahead 35-28 and Master scored shortly after. Go go Madden Spectate Mode.[/QUOTE]

I was in the party with Duece receiving play by play, lol

bread's done
Back