Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='HydroX']Now do you see what some of us have been saying? :cry:

I've left plenty of points on the board myself, but at least half of them are because Vinatieri sucks/the kick lag makes him seem even worse. I mean, really, I absolutely love that this Super Bowl winning kicker can't make a 45 yarder with 100% power -- and when I mean can't make it, I mean it lands halfway in the endzone at the furthest! This is absolutely true, happened in the Colts/Eagles game. I couldn't believe my eyes, lol. So to anyone that plays me in the future, if I go for it from that range, it's not to be a douche -- it's that my kicker's power rating just fucking sucks in Madden. :cry:

Edit: As for Rames, he's easily one of the most underrated guys in this league IMO. I don't understand how I could hang with him in the first game of the year considering how I've played in my other games.[/QUOTE]

Lol, yea he is Underrated, I would have to attribute my success in Madden to alot of Labbing in practice mode and scrimmages with and against Ramesu ( since Madden 04 , VGA ).

What's the deal with the Chiefs? Sorry if he posted prior explaining a leave of absence but, I didn't see it and I'm not sifting through all that.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']What's the deal with the Chiefs? Sorry if he posted prior explaining a leave of absence but, I didn't see it and I'm not sifting through all that.[/QUOTE]

He couldn't do tonight but I think he can do after 930 tomorrow.

I'll be doing another power rankings after the end of Week 12 btw. So in about a week. This is more for my personal records so I have it all at one place, but I'll post it here too so you guys can see them too and see what to expect with some of the bigger matchups and/or upsets we've seen so far.

Big wins/losses from Week 9-12 (so far):
Saints def. Panthers
Jags def. Texans
Bucs def. Panthers
Texans def. Jets
Raiders def. Steelers

There's a lot more obviously, especially with the middle and lower team of the rankings but those are the key games imo of some of the top teams.

Pitfallharry, when can you play? Tomorrow night is no good for me, but either Saturday or Sunday evening would be fine.

On another note, why am I ranked behind Detroit in the standings when I have a better record? I'm 2-6-1 and he is 2-7, and I'm 1-0 against him this season.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm pretty sure he's still on the roster. Just at the bottom of the HB depth chart. Just sub him in.

They tossed Sidney Rice at the bottom of the Vikings WR depth chart in online games. I just sub him back in when I'm playing a OTP game as WR so I can use him.[/QUOTE]

Well, some guys on there are listed as being lower on the depth chart due to injuries, but Grant is listed specifically as being on the IR, which I believe would mean he wouldn't be available in the first season of my franchise. Realistic, yes, but still... sadface.

He'll probably be down on the depth chart for online games like Rice, but since the offline franchise ahs an actual IR list, I doubt he'll be available to me.

Hopefully I'll have better luck with injuries in the offline 'chise than this online one.

Can I make a public announcement politely asking for everyone to avoid contact with my players' collarbones...I had my 3rd broken collarbone last game which currently makes it 3 total broken collarbones on my team. My starting SS and 2nd string SS are both out with broken collarbones so I'm really lacking in that area...I'm having to use my 4th string CB (who is actually a FS) now as my starting SS (pretty confusing I know...). I think bvharris had a similar situation previously where he asked if he could sign a free agent because of an injury (which he was denied)...but is there a special circumstance in my case where my 1st and 2nd string SS are both out for 3 and 9 weeks I think? I suppose I can manage as it is for now...but it's gonna be REALLY tough for me to defend against 4+ WR's at a time because of this. I'm not gonna complain or anything if you say no...just thought it is at least worth asking.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Can I make a public announcement politely asking for everyone to avoid contact with my players' collarbones...I had my 3rd broken collarbone last game which currently makes it 3 total broken collarbones on my team. My starting SS and 2nd string SS are both out with broken collarbones so I'm really lacking in that area...I'm having to use my 4th string CB (who is actually a FS) now as my starting SS (pretty confusing I know...). I think bvharris had a similar situation previously where he asked if he could sign a free agent because of an injury (which he was denied)...but is there a special circumstance in my case where my 1st and 2nd string SS are both out for 3 and 9 weeks I think? I suppose I can manage as it is for now...but it's gonna be REALLY tough for me to defend against 4+ WR's at a time because of this. I'm not gonna complain or anything if you say no...just thought it is at least worth asking.[/QUOTE]

Just Checked the Current injuries (i can't see past injuries, unfortunately.....) But i think i've found the "INJURY OF THE YEAR" for the madden gods........

These are the teams with players with broken collarbones currently... If there's a number to the right, thats the amount of players with broken collarbones.

Arizona
Atlanta
Buffalo
Carolina (3)
Cincinatti (2)
Dallas
Denver (2)
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Miami
New Orleans
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='Matt Young']Pitfallharry, when can you play? Tomorrow night is no good for me, but either Saturday or Sunday evening would be fine.[/QUOTE]

Sunday will work for me, either between the late games/night game or after the night game. Or possibly Saturday night sometime, but I'm not positive.

The clavicle (collarbone) is the most commonly broken single bone in the human body. :D

tmyk.gif

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Can I make a public announcement politely asking for everyone to avoid contact with my players' collarbones...I had my 3rd broken collarbone last game which currently makes it 3 total broken collarbones on my team. My starting SS and 2nd string SS are both out with broken collarbones so I'm really lacking in that area...I'm having to use my 4th string CB (who is actually a FS) now as my starting SS (pretty confusing I know...). I think bvharris had a similar situation previously where he asked if he could sign a free agent because of an injury (which he was denied)...but is there a special circumstance in my case where my 1st and 2nd string SS are both out for 3 and 9 weeks I think? I suppose I can manage as it is for now...but it's gonna be REALLY tough for me to defend against 4+ WR's at a time because of this. I'm not gonna complain or anything if you say no...just thought it is at least worth asking.[/QUOTE]

He had a guy coming back from injury that week though, so I didn't think it was necessary. After looking at your depth charts, I'll give you the go to pick up a SS. If we end up doing another round of FA pickups on Week 14 this will count as yours (I think we will). If not, I'll ask you to throw him back in the pool once one of your SS come off the injury list.

[quote name='bvharris']The clavicle (collarbone) is the most commonly broken single bone in the human body. :D

tmyk.gif
[/QUOTE]
I broke both of mine...10 years apart

COWBOYS(Appleinthetree) - When can you play our week 11 game. I am available from 5pm-6pmEST Friday, all day on Sat and Sun. Let me know.

[quote name='itlnstln']COWBOYS(Appleinthetree) - When can you play our week 11 game. I am available from 5pm-6pmEST Friday, all day on Sat and Sun. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sayHey']saints: can you play saturday morning?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']Broncos - When can you play?[/QUOTE]

I hope all of you are also using PMs too. :D

Pms are your friends!

[quote name='ubernes']I hope all of you are also using PMs too. :D

Pms are your friends![/QUOTE]

Good sir. you should know by now that P M S IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!

[quote name='ubernes']I hope all of you are also using PMs too. :D

Pms are your friends![/QUOTE]

I did indeed.

My internet at home is still out (argh!) and likely won't be fixed until tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully we can get it in sometime after that.

[quote name='itlnstln']COWBOYS(Appleinthetree) - When can you play our week 11 game. I am available from 5pm-6pmEST Friday, all day on Sat and Sun. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

pmed...did not pms you

i heard someone was mad i scored a td at the end of my game,just for the record,i was not tryin to run up the score,i had the ball for more than 3 minutes and ran all run plays with .01 seconds left on the play clock!

whom ever plays the redskins this week hit me up when you ready to play

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Sunday will work for me, either between the late games/night game or after the night game. Or possibly Saturday night sometime, but I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]

I guess after the night game would work best, in that case.

Rainy mess in Cincinnati, 13-7 in favor of the Bengals.

Bills O was horrible. Just horrible. Fitzpatrick throwing balls waaaay over my receivers, no running game whatsoever (what else is new), only TD was a lucky throw after a Leinart INT. I had a chance to win it with 2:00 left in the game and down by 6, and Fitzpatrick got nailed and threw his second pick to close it out. (His first was an extremely overthrown ball on a curl to Evans...ack)

We had to come down from our high horse eventually. Bills fall to 4-6 and playoff hopes begin to fade as the Steelers come into town next week. My conference record is now an astonishing 1-6.

Oh, also, Ken Lucas, who has hurt himself three times in four games since I picked him up, got carted off the field after a kickoff with....

...you guessed it...

...a broken collarbone. 6 weeks he's out, which probably amounts to the rest of the Bills' season, or just about. Blech. The good news is Donte Whitner comes back next week (he's been injured since week 1, and I wasn't even the owner!), and Spiller comes back in 2. Maybe he could have mustered more than -1 yards in this game...

[quote name='Lexxon']Rainy mess in Cincinnati, 13-7 in favor of the Bengals.

Bills O was horrible. Just horrible. Fitzpatrick throwing balls waaaay over my receivers, no running game whatsoever (what else is new), only TD was a lucky throw after a Leinart INT. I had a chance to win it with 2:00 left in the game and down by 6, and Fitzpatrick got nailed and threw his second pick to close it out. (His first was an extremely overthrown ball on a curl to Evans...ack)

We had to come down from our high horse eventually. Bills fall to 4-6 and playoff hopes begin to fade as the Steelers come into town next week. My conference record is now an astonishing 1-6.[/QUOTE]

It was a really tight game. I need to remember that Leinart's deep throw accuracy rating is absolutely terrible, which is why he sent that floater straight to Jairus Byrd.

Kick lag was almost nonexistent, though, which was a nice surprise. Dave Rayner (52 OVR) even managed to knock down a 46-yarder.

ok..i'm a little miffed....The Score's 35-35 with 14 seconds left in third game with the bears...his offense is STORMING down the field (owning my defense)...he's at my 25 or 30..Within scoring range (Field goal, game over) He decides to keep running (he has 3 timeout's) I force forte to fumble and i recover the ball..... At My offensive Play Screen (i'll take a picture)....."The Connection to your peer has been lost" ....i'm sorry...no freaking way is that a coincidence......3rd Game....first Time we disconnected after his KR fumbled on the First Kickoff return of the game....... 2nd time we disconnected after i kicked the ball (it was in midair) Uber. I'm miffed. seriously, shall i play him again? eddie 564 sends me a message "....damn connection"

in all fairness, when we disconnected at the beginning of the 3rd quarter with him up 28-7 (and madden allowed him to play against the cpu) he opted to "replay me" Kudos for that move but......Madden isn't giving me this option. I'm all about a replay for a fair game.....but since when have you seen madden disconnect with 14 seconds left directly after a game altering fumble.......... I'd imagine uber's going to tell us to replay it.....but at this point...if we disconnect again....i'm going to back out of the league and let him get the win he deserves i suppose.

To the bears owner: I cannot replay you tonight.I can play tomorrow afternoon / early evening / late evening if you would like.

maddendisconn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let me say my piece.

The first disconnect happened I believe in the first quarter, right in my first possession. I think it was right as Forte fumbled and lost the ball, but to be perfectly honest I don't remember. I, and I assume him as well, didn't think much of it. We reconnected and off we go for a second game.

The second game happened and it seemed to go without a hitch.I was simply dominating the entire game, and I managed to go up 28-7. The game disconnected right as I was about to receive a punt, with about 1:30-40 left in the 3rd. I got the message, saying something of the following:

"The user you were playing has quit the game. Please choose an option:
1:Quit and count the game
2:Quit and don't count the game. "

He also told me that the game kicked him out to the dashboard.

I didn't get any option that said play the CPU, so I have no idea what he's talking about. And had I known I was going to get thrown under the bus like this, I probably should've taken a pic of it. Hindsight is 20/20 in that respect, and I'll be doing it if it ever happens again. I promise you guys that.

And lastly, yes it was a coincidence. I didn't quit, and I've had some more heartbreaking losses than this, and had some really bad losses before. The last few games come to mind in that respect. Whether you wish to believe it or not, I don't care. But count it if you really do feel that way. Just know that I had that option when I was up 28-7.

BTW, I got that same exact message he has in the screenshot up there. Word for word, and no option other than "End game".

after the five disconnects we had, iono if I can ever pinpoint when its the user disconnecting and when its Madden bring a douche...

I'm going to assume it's a simple connection problem. The only reason why the Bears were given the option to count the 2nd game was because he was so far ahead late in the game. I'm sure if one team was ahead during the disconnect after the fumble in the 3rd game, they would have gotten the same option. (I'm not sure how much you have to be up by to get that option, but I imagine that late in the game any amount of points would do).

So my suggestion would be to just try a 4th time. I know it's a pain, but that's my only real suggestion. If someone is up enough late in the game where if a disconnect happens and you're given the chance to take the W, then I would just do it. If the game is decided then just wrap it up. It's not 100% fair, but having to play 5, 6 times isn't fair or fun either.

I'm pretty sure that if someone quits, the message actually says that they quit, in so many words. And I can vouch that Eddie didn't quit on me when he and I went to overtime and I ended up kicking the field goal to win.

I noticed that you guys had to restart the game once when you were winning, Adam, and then in what I presume was game 2, it was like 14-13. Not gonna lie; I want a Dolphins victory.

What I did when faced with the issue of disconnect which was only once in this league and probably twice in another is to get the score back to where it was and try to get the time as close as you can it happen earlier in the season between me and the seahawks and he was winning 21 to 7, I believe. When your winning it sucks to have to start from scratch especially if you are a player who uses different playbooks slash gameplans everyweek for different opponents. This being said that's why I only felt it right to give the seahawks his lead back. I am not saying this should be the rule for disconnects but anybody I play I will show that type of courtesy and expect it in return.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm going to assume it's a simple connection problem. The only reason why the Bears were given the option to count the 2nd game was because he was so far ahead late in the game. I'm sure if one team was ahead during the disconnect after the fumble in the 3rd game, they would have gotten the same option. (I'm not sure how much you have to be up by to get that option, but I imagine that late in the game any amount of points would do).

So my suggestion would be to just try a 4th time. I know it's a pain, but that's my only real suggestion. If someone is up enough late in the game where if a disconnect happens and you're given the chance to take the W, then I would just do it. If the game is decided then just wrap it up. It's not 100% fair, but having to play 5, 6 times isn't fair or fun either.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I won't extend that courtesy ever again then.

PM sent siradam.

Received your PM. I'm Sorry for the tirade. Nobody threw anybody under the bus, if i would have played you again last night i would have thrown my xbox out my window. I posted on the forums in an attempt to stop myself from doing that. But i'm going bald with this fuck game. If it's not madden screwing us(not just me), it's players abusing the TE over the middle, TE Slant routes, HB Slip Screen, etc etc etc. Because they know they can, and they know no matter what defense is called, it's going to work, because the secondary is broken in this game. It's all getting so old quick. (not just commenting on the online franchise....regular online games are frustrating the hell out of me.)

The Gators play at 3:30, i would much rather play after 7 (8-9 ish), But if you can't, i understand and would be willing to play between 4-7

And I wouldn't say the courtesy of replaying the game should never be extended. If it's like 14-7 in the 3rd and you get that option, then obviously replay it. But 28-7 in the 3rd, while not impossible to overcome, considering you were already having connection issues, I would have just taken the win then.

Chargers 33, Broncos 11

Definitely closer than the scoreline indicates, this one didn't feel fully comfortable until the 4th quarter, mostly because I had some serious red zone issues in this game (scored all 5 times in, but only 1 TD)

The Broncos started with the ball and drove the whole length of the field but Orton threw a costly interception in the endzone to turn it over. The Chargers capitalized on back to back long completions to Gates (his only two of the game as it turns out) to drive 97 yards for the TD. The teams then exchanged field goals to make it 10-3. The Broncos punted on their next drive and starting from the 10, Rivers found Jackson open for a 90 yard TD which put the Chargers in a commanding lead. After another Broncos punt the Chargers were able to get the ball back with 10 seconds left and a timeout and completed a long pass to set up a FG to send it to the locker room 20-3. In the third quarter the Chargers had issues putting it in the endzone on two drives, culminating in Kaeding FGs (he was 4-4 on the day, all from 31 or less). Meanwhile the Broncos added a TD to tighten it up on a pass from Orton to Graham. The Chargers held strong in the 4th quarter though, and added an 8 yard TD from Matthews to ice the game.

Rivers completed 12 of 17 (I think all 5 incompletions came in the red zone) for 303 and 2 scores. He also somewhat uncharacteristically had several good runs to pick up 1st downs, rushing 3 times for 31 yards overall. Jackson and Gates each had a score (as they always seem to) and rookie Ryan Matthews had his best game as a pro, rushing 14 times for 100 yards and a score.

For the Broncos, Orton threw 1 TD versus 2 picks, and faced a stiff pass rush all day. Though he wasn't sacked, there were several times he was forced to make a poor throw under pressure or get rid of the ball quickly, which led to him completing less than 50% of his passes. Moreno carried 13 times for 68 yards but had a costly fumble late deep in Chargers territory. Graham did most of the damage through the air, catching 4 balls for 106 yards and a score.

The Chargers showed once again why they can be so dangerous if they avoid mistakes. They protected the ball and forced 3 turnovers, and had they not had issues punching it in the score could have been even higher. I attribute a lot of that to Gates being on the bench with a minor injury for most of the second half (I didn't want to risk putting him back in with a lead) and he's one of my primary red zone targets.

---

GG Solid, definitely felt tighter than the score for much of the game. Looking forward to our next one. :D

[quote name='gbpackers94']Gregthomas and I can't connect. What should we do? (we've both changed settings and no dice)[/QUOTE]

and it is f*cking aggrivating

We managed to get the game going, great in terms of connection. But game itself...well.

The second half started 14-7, 'fins leading. I get the ball, get a decent drive going, and managed to score. 14-14. But he marches down easily enough. 21-14 'fins. And this is when the shit hit the fan.

The next drive, I'm forced to punt. I pin him inside his 10, but he manages to pull off a crazy 90+ yd TD catch by Brandon Marshall. 28-14. It was demoralizing to say the least.

Next drive and start of the 4th, I press the A button one too many times to hike the ball, it gets intercepted and returned for a pick 6 by Dansby. 35-14. Then again, my drive halts, he drives down again, Fasano catching a 14 yd TD catch. 42-14. Next drive, I stall again, and again, he marches down the field and another Marshall TD catch caps it. 49-14.

Oh well. It is what it is.

[quote name='eddie291']We managed to get the game going, great in terms of connection. But game itself...well.

The second half started 14-7, 'fins leading. I get the ball, get a decent drive going, and managed to score. 14-14. But he marches down easily enough. 21-14 'fins. And this is when the shit hit the fan.

The next drive, I'm forced to punt. I pin him inside his 10, but he manages to pull off a crazy 90+ yd TD catch by Brandon Marshall. 28-14. It was demoralizing to say the least.

Next drive and start of the 4th, I press the A button one too many times to hike the ball, it gets intercepted and returned for a pick 6 by Dansby. 35-14. Then again, my drive halts, he drives down again, Fasano catching a 14 yd TD catch. 42-14. Next drive, I stall again, and again, he marches down the field and another Marshall TD catch caps it. 49-14.

Oh well. It is what it is.[/QUOTE]
I hear you on that one. I've had a couple of games just like that, so I know how you feel. Always next season.

Well, Pitfallharry said either before or after the night game, and I said after would be best (in the thread), and we've had no further communication. Thus, I assume we are to play following the Sunday night game.

All I know is, after the craziness of tonight and then getting up to go to a sports bar tomorrow for the Packers game with friends (game starts at 10 A.M.), I'm going to be tired as fuck- well, more than usual- so I hope that doesn't hurt me in that game against Minnesota/Harry. Good thing I don't drink, or else I'd be crazy hung over tomorrow from all the free booze that was offered to me tonight.

bread's done
Back