Madden '11 PS3 League Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! really dude? its on AllPro and your giving up 35 points thats nuts. Im in it for the long haul, Hopefully not every one will over react like that. the game isnt that bad. read and react

I play/ed my franchise on All-Madden. I don't really think I'm overreacting. I don't like the game. I don't get any enjoyment out of playing it. Why should I keep a game I don't enjoy playing? I'd rather get rid of it now and get max value for it than let it sit on my shelf.

Just had a great game with blk_panther. Lag made kicking difficult but we went to OT and I lost when AP fumbled in the redzone and blk panther returned it for a TD.

playing online with All-Madden is very very hard thats why people are not likeing the game so if u play it on pro it would be ezer to do stuff

[quote name='starmask2k3']playing online with All-Madden is very very hard thats why people are not likeing the game so if u play it on pro it would be ezer to do stuff[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know turning the difficulty down makes it easier, but I just wind up killing the CPU that way. I want a game that's challenging, but not cheap where the CPU turns into Superman when they're on offense. Meh, I'm over it.

Glad to see people are getting their games done and enjoying them in the process. Good luck and have fun everyone.

[quote name='SEH']I cant even finish a franchise game it's so bad. Why can the Bills score at will? Why does every game see each team scoring more than 35 points? Why do my corners drop their assignments so they can go defend the tight end that's in the middle of the field already being covered by four guys? Why does my running back magnetize to defenders so I purposely miss the gap? Why is this game even on store shelves? Do the people who create this game watch football? Do the people that create this game have ADD (pretty sure the answer is yes)?

I'm soooo close to trading this off to Goozex for $50.[/QUOTE]

Damn dint see this post, i wanted to be comish.

Hey star you think you can make me comish too?

[quote name='starmask2k3']playing online with All-Madden is very very hard thats why people are not likeing the game so if u play it on pro it would be ezer to do stuff[/QUOTE]

i play unranked all madden, just incase some 1 quits i wont care. I got tired of playing ranked then to have them quit before the 2nd quarter.

I was checking out the xbox forum of madden and they have a post with the games that week and who won and a description about that game. I say we do that here but i think there has only been one game played.

Anyways, Midguy and I had a nail biter of a game. If it was not for lag i believe he would have won( 4 quarter, no timeouts, his ball on the 27 i believe. Botched Field goal due to lag). But it was a great game none the less. He took over the first quarter, then i took the second. Nothing but defense in the third quarter since no one scored then fourth quarter we both scored. Tie game heads into overtime. I chose to receive the ball after he lost the coin toss and his defense allowed not a single yard. Then on fourth and 10 i tried a quick slant pass but it failed. 1st play of his possession he pitches it to Adrian Peterson who fumbles it and Vilma scoops it up and takes it all the way home.

I really hope they fix the lag problem, had missed a field goal and a pat. I kicked the kickoff offsides and my defense was laggy.

check it out guys http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action madden just updated. Quitters finally get a loss.

"
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Any quitter / disconnecter in a ranked game will automatically be given a loss. The victim will automatically be given a win.....

-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Generally making pass defense more effective
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Reducing number of broken tackles
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Tuning injuries
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Improving play action blocking
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Improving kick return blocking
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Random stability improvements"

but no Madden Ultimate Team fixes great. I still get a black screen at the end of head to head games and get no coins

Well here is how my game went. I hope this is detailed enough.

maddengame1.jpg

I have the Jets, I didn't see is LT out for a while? I am not quitting, he wasn't doing jack for me in that game against the Ravens...lol

[quote name='rvdrock']I have the Jets, I didn't see is LT out for a while? I am not quitting, he wasn't doing jack for me in that game against the Ravens...lol[/QUOTE]

Yes hes out for the season.

[quote name='rvdrock']Also, I thought we couldn't sign free agents?[/QUOTE]

We cant. Did you sign any one?? I dont thinks its possible, the free agent tab is not even available like in offline franchise.

[quote name='rvdrock']Also, I thought we couldn't sign free agents?[/QUOTE]

who sign free agents

he should be in the bengals, the only big free agent in franchise mode should be Brian Westbrook, you are right hes on the panthers... wtf who made that trade? i hope it aint nothing fishy

from: http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=online%20franchise%201

"Q: Does online franchise have player contracts or the salary cap?A: No, this was the hardest pill to swallow for the entire design and development team this year as far as cut features go. But the reality of this decision was that we were able to get all of the other features of online franchise, and we were able to make it all in time to get into the Madden NFL 10 box. Just like with CPU trade logic, we will balance what features are most important to the community and try to attack those first after the game comes out.

Q: So no free agency either then?
A: Actually, we do have a free agent wire. You have the ability to cut players in online franchise and then sign a free agent to replace him. That means when you release them to the free agent wire, they become available to the rest of the league. If you are in a Franchise with your friends, you could submit waiver claims to your commissioner and have him determine the order of who gets what free agent like a fantasy league (this is what we've been doing here at work). However if you are in a Franchise with strangers this will just be first-come first-serve.

Q: So how long does the player stay on your team?
A: Since we do not have contracts in online franchise, players stay on your team until they retire or until you trade them away.

Q: So no free agency, no contracts, and no salary cap...that stinks! Why didn't you put them in?
A: Many have asked why we left these features out, and the simple answer is that there just wasn't enough time to get it in before the game hits the shelves. Creating a 100% server-based Online Franchise mode with full stat tracking and numerous other features wasn't a very quick task. :) It took a major effort from our team to get to what we were happy with in a 1st year feature. The good news here though is that we HAVE given you a way to simulate this important part of the NFL off-season. We have given you a way to handle all of your offseason player movement, player contracts, etc. with your own house rules. The commissioner will have the option to Add/Drop players at will during the offseason (this is a website exclusive feature). I can give you an example of what we are already doing here at the office in our online franchise...Each team in the league is forced to give up five 70+ OVR players to free agency (we all agreed on the CPU team players to release). We then took that list, and did a quick free agency draft with that list of players. The commish then went into the Commissioner Options screen and add/dropped the players to the new teams. While this is not exactly ideal, it does give those folks who are looking for a very realistic Franchise experience a way to have offseason player movement every year. We are actively looking at a robust, live bidding free agent type feature for the future, but a lot depends on the priority you all (the fans) give us on each feature once you get your hands on online franchise."

I specially asked earlier in this thread about picking up free agents (as well as various other rules), as I know many franchises don't allow them. I was told by the commissioner, that yes, we were allowing free agent pickups in this franchise starting Friday. Personally, I think we'd be better off without allowing free agents, anyways (since the whole FA system isn't really implemented well). With the new commish and all, I'll drop TO and sign back the player I released before I play my first game. And everything will be groovy again :D

Edit: And...it's done.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']he should be in the bengals, the only big free agent in franchise mode should be Brian Westbrook, you are right hes on the panthers... wtf who made that trade? i hope it aint nothing fishy[/QUOTE]
I assume you'll be trading back the five you just picked up as well, then?

[quote name='rvdrock']I have the Jets, I didn't see is LT out for a while? I am not quitting, he wasn't doing jack for me in that game against the Ravens...lol[/QUOTE]

yeah, it said it during our game... sorry - sort of ;)

Yay they're making defense better!! X)

All-Madden is hard this year because the computer cheats. It knows what you're doing on every play. Only way around it is to call audi's all game long.

I'll be playing the computer if no one picks the Bengals up by sunday night or monday.

I just picked up wesbrook. I you dont know how to pick up free agents, Go to Player Management, then when you switch teams there will be a Free Agents section.

[quote name='madcatz1999']I assume you'll be trading back the five you just picked up as well, then?[/Quote]
Guess not.

So...I release the one free agent that I signed...and the two people that were complaining sign 8 free agents of their own? That sounds...fair.

One way or the other, the new commish probably needs to make a decision about this. Either way, I'll be playing with the stock Panthers.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Guess not.

So...I release the one free agent that I signed...and the two people that were complaining sign 8 free agents of their own? That sounds...fair.

One way or the other, the new commish probably needs to make a decision about this. Either way, I'll be playing with the stock Panthers.[/QUOTE]

Well Coles is on the Jets, and as far as Springs and White go, Cromartie is out with broken ribs and LT we all know is out for the season...

real life injuries ont roll over into the franchise do they? i dont think they do. starmask needs t be doing some commishing seriously

[quote name='m_d_amore']real life injuries ont roll over into the franchise do they? i dont think they do. starmask needs t be doing some commishing seriously[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I lost two guys in my first franchise game...

[quote name='rvdrock']Well, if anyone needed Westbrook its me...ah well, I added Coles, Springs, and White, damn torn pectoral...[/QUOTE]

well if you want to make some trades, we can talk. But yeah i tried to take all the best free agents, Sorry bro.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Guess not.

One way or the other, the new commish probably needs to make a decision about this. Either way, I'll be playing with the stock Panthers.[/QUOTE]

My bad, its because i dint see the free agent section, get TO who cares, its part of the game. I just thought it was some sort of hack.

Okay so,

Computer controlled Bengals almost robbed me of my first game. Won it 14-13. I think they were playing better because I gave them up for the Pats.

The whole time I was thinking of the irony, but I pulled through lol.

DickyBeans and I tried for a good half an hour last night to get a game going (and about the same on Fri night), with no success. Whoever was joining would get a "Failed to retrieve game information from your opponent." message, and then get booted from the online servers.

Our game might have to end up being simmed when the week advances.

Seems like FA's should go to whatever team they're supposed to be on if they just didn't get assigned by roster update.
For the rest of them, there probably should've been a limit to how many you can take. I mean, fantasy draft was an option if we wanted different players than were actually on the teams.
I saw the FA's the other night, but passed b/c I wasn't sure if it was still cool - could've upgraded a few positions myself. Oh well, it's just for fun, right??

Now, as for different players, though, I will entertain trade offers...

I don't really care too much about the FA situation, but I do believe that TO should be on the Bengals since he is the best FA available (better than most teams #2 receiver) and he was signed to them before we started the league.

Could probably use a commish ruling on this.

[quote name='madcatz1999']DickyBeans and I tried for a good half an hour last night to get a game going (and about the same on Fri night), with no success. Whoever was joining would get a "Failed to retrieve game information from your opponent." message, and then get booted from the online servers.

Our game might have to end up being simmed when the week advances.[/QUOTE]

i would get this with auner626 when we tried playing a friendly, but we tried the next day and all was fine. I hope this is not caused by some one running torrents or p2p apps running on other pcs. Or just by websurfing on a another pc.

My computers were off at the time so i know it wasnt me.

yeah, that pretty much sucked.

I still don't have any idea what the problem is.

[quote name='madcatz1999']DickyBeans and I tried for a good half an hour last night to get a game going (and about the same on Fri night), with no success. Whoever was joining would get a "Failed to retrieve game information from your opponent." message, and then get booted from the online servers.

Our game might have to end up being simmed when the week advances.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Is there a way to make the new Commissioner the new owner of this thread?[/QUOTE]

Or maybe just get a new thread started. Season should advance to week 2 today, right?

[quote name='Midguy']Or maybe just get a new thread started. Season should advance to week 2 today, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

We all have jobs or go to school. So, commissioner, if you need help managing the league promote a few of us.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Yup.

We all have jobs or go to school. So, commissioner, if you need help managing the league promote a few of us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I 2nd this (didn't know there was an option to have multiple people commish). Promote a few who are obviously pretty active in this thread like Jinchuriki and Madcatz1999.

I'll just chime in and say it's not possible to have more than one commissioner. Once you promote someone else, you get removed.

[quote name='SEH']I'll just chime in and say it's not possible to have more than one commissioner. Once you promote someone else, you get removed.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. That option would be nice though. You know, in the event that the original commishioner decides he doesn't want to play the game before the first week has been played :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']also i change it to pro from all-madden[/QUOTE]

Can we vote on this or is everyone okay with it being all-madden now?

Because all-madden is a cheat fest this year. The cpu is crap and players just break tackles constantly on all-madden.

Do you plan on at least using the sliders to balance it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back