Week 12 - Oct. 3-6
Week 13 - Oct. 7-10
Week 14 - Oct. 11-14
Week 15 - Oct. 15-18
Week 16 - Oct. 19-22
Week 17 - Oct. 23-26
Playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, slow it down there. I'm just asking if people would be interested (which, as of now, it doesn't seem like it). If we could get like 12 people or so, then we can start discussion on who wants what teams, whether we should do existing or fantasy teams, etc...

Screw it, since people are claiming teams, I updated the main post with those interested as well as the team they're claiming. I guess I'll turn this into the sign up thread.

Damn, nobody here is interested in Madden? Not to many PS3 users into sports games it seems. May have to snag this for the Xbox instead.

[quote name='SEH']Damn, nobody here is interested in Madden? Not to many PS3 users into sports games it seems. May have to snag this for the Xbox instead.[/QUOTE]

Well, I played the XBOX demo today and it seemed better to me than the PS3 version so that's what i'm getting it for, but I still hate the new "changes" to the game. To me it feels like they went backwards. The kick meter is for children and gameflow blows.

I turn GameFlow off immediately. So dumb. Why in the hell would I not want to choose my plays? I don't really mind the kick meter, but do they honestly have to change it every fucking year?

Gameflow is dumb, but they also overly complicate the playbook for casual gamers and non-sports fans. At least in the demo, since I haven't played Madden in years. You need to pick if you want a run or passing play, then pick a formation, then pick a play. I just want it set up with 3 plays of each time in each formation so I can scroll up and down in one menu instead of having to go in and out of several of these menus.

[quote name='mossman43']Well, I played the XBOX demo today and it seemed better to me than the PS3 version so that's what i'm getting it for, but I still hate the new "changes" to the game. To me it feels like they went backwards. The kick meter is for children and gameflow blows.[/QUOTE]
This. It just seems smoother with less tearing.

I'm in. Sign me up for the Panthers. With the awesome firepower of Matt Moore and...whoever the hell our running back is this year.

Man, I'm going to get my butt kicked.

Edit: BTW, if anyone remembers, drop me a PM when this thing gets closer to start-up. Granted, it's only 8 days 'til release, but I tend to have a terrible memory when it comes to this sort of thing.

[quote name='tagout']Sign me up, I'll be playing with Eagles as you can already tell.[/QUOTE]

davidb69 got them just before you.

This is kind of starting to fill nicely. I'm assuming we wont have it totally filled by the time the game comes out. If that's the case, once I create the league and everyone from here gets the team they signed up for, feel free to invite your friends to fill out the rest of the league.

[quote name='SEH']This is kind of starting to fill nicely. I'm assuming we wont have it totally filled by the time the game comes out. If that's the case, once I create the league and everyone from here gets the team they signed up for, feel free to invite your friends to fill out the rest of the league.[/QUOTE]
So, are we trying to make this a 32-team league with one-game-a-week NFL scheduling, or what? Just trying to get my head around how these things work. I've never done one.

[quote name='madcatz1999']So, are we trying to make this a 32-team league with one-game-a-week NFL scheduling, or what? Just trying to get my head around how these things work. I've never done one.[/QUOTE]

That would be the goal. Even if we dont get the full 32 teams, I think if we have a minimum of like 16 or so, it could still be fun. Any less than that though it can be boring since you'd wind up playing the computer a lot.

[quote name='SEH']That would be the goal. Even if we dont get the full 32 teams, I think if we have a minimum of like 16 or so, it could still be fun. Any less than that though it can be boring since you'd wind up playing the computer a lot.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. Was there a way in '10 to do round-robin leagues (say, like a 8-team league, where everyone plays everybody everyone else twice) or something?

[quote name='madcatz1999']Gotcha. Was there a way in '10 to do round-robin leagues (say, like a 8-team league, where everyone plays everybody everyone else twice) or something?[/QUOTE]

Not that I recall. They just need to make it where you can edit divisions. That would solve all the problems right there, and I think it'd make online leagues a hell of a lot more fun.

Main post updated with peoples PSN names. Tagout still needs to pick a different team as well as post his PSN name.

[quote name='rvdrock']Damnit...Saints picked and I'm from New Orleans...[/QUOTE]

I'll give u the saints... moved from NOLA to Miami. So ill take the Dolphins

[quote name='mossman43']Vikings[/QUOTE]
Uh-oh, heard the news? Guess you have to hope that EA doesn't patch him OUT of the game now :bouncy:

[quote name='madcatz1999']How the holy f*** do you go from the Eagles to the Steelers? I officially hate you now. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Read first page. :cry:

[quote name='tagout']Read first page. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Heh, I wasn't really asking how you got to change your team, but moreso how the Steelers were your second pick when the Eagles were your first :p I mean, Steelers would've been my second, but well, the Eagles would be about dead last ;)

[quote name='melokeith']I'll be getting mine on Friday the 13th...

In for the Ravens
psn - cusemanKeith[/QUOTE]

That's fine. Probably wont start the league until a full week has passed so that way we can try and get it filled and so people can get used to their teams playbook and whatnot.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Uh-oh, heard the news? Guess you have to hope that EA doesn't patch him OUT of the game now :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Man, and I was just joking. Turns out if he does retire, then he'll be made unavailable for multiplayer at the very first roster update they release. Didn't even realize they did that. Goes to show you how long I've been out of the Madden loop.

I'll have it sometime tomorrow (have release date delivery from Amazon). I'm going to add everyone from the main page to my friends list when I hop on later.

We've got 12 users so far, and I suspect that we could easily get this filled by inviting friends and whatnot once the league actually goes live. That said, we need to come to a conclusion on when we should start this and how much time should be given to play games.

I'm thinking we start the league on Sunday assuming we've got a decent amount of spots filled. Also, how much time do you guys want to play your matchups? Three days? A week? Post your opinions and we can hash out when to start and how much time should be given for each weeks games.

I hate that i have both work and school, cant really game that much anymore but will try to do the best i can for this league. Please just let me know how these games will go.
Thanks

It's cool guys, if Favre don't play, I heard some bad-ass fucker named mossman43 will take the field for the Vikes!! In other news, Moss returns to Minnesota because he was released after running over a Patriots parking attendant for telling him he can't park in a handicap spot!!

Still waiting on my copy from Amazon. UPS is taking forever.

Anyways, regarding my question on the last page about play times and whatnot, anyone with opinions/suggestions?

[quote name='SEH']Still waiting on my copy from Amazon. UPS is taking forever.

Anyways, regarding my question on the last page about play times and whatnot, anyone with opinions/suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Heh, mine from Amazon arrived at 11:23 this morning (EST), according to the tracking info (haven't been home yet).

I'd say somewhere between 1 game/week to 2 games/week. I'm flexible, though. I can start as early as tomorrow (though I wouldn't mind a couple of days to learn the game, as I haven't owned a Madden since...'04, maybe?)

[quote name='madcatz1999']Heh, mine from Amazon arrived at 11:23 this morning (EST), according to the tracking info (haven't been home yet).

I'd say somewhere between 1 game/week to 2 games/week. I'm flexible, though. I can start as early as tomorrow (though I wouldn't mind a couple of days to learn the game, as I haven't owned a Madden since...'04, maybe?)[/QUOTE]

Great year to jump back in. No more robotic players and a running game is possible. Also, every single pass you throw doesn't have the chance to get intercepted.

On the subject of games. 1 - 2 games a week is fine.'

Add me guys, Fembot666

I've been playing all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back