Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='venom']Also I spaced out at some point during this whole thing. Do I drop Ty Warren into FA and Pick Up Breaston? I'm behind on my last trade as well, no one really had input on it besides BV, Uber and MasterAwesome.[/QUOTE]

Don't do anything yet, it still hasn't been officially approved. But yeah, that's how it will work once we put it through.

I think on the other trade you're probably good to go, since both uber and myself have signed off on it.

[quote name='Doomtime']Matt Cassel
40 of 56 673 Yds 71.4% Completion 2 TD 1 INT 116.1 Rating[/QUOTE]

Lol wow, I just saw Jamaal Charles has 21 TDs. Smh, Beast. Talk about a run first offense, lol.

[quote name='venom']Lol wow, I just saw Jamaal Charles has 21 TDs. Smh, Beast. Talk about a run first offense, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm a decent passer, I just haven't had to yet. I expect that to change shortly though.

[quote name='bvharris']Don't do anything yet, it still hasn't been officially approved. But yeah, that's how it will work once we put it through.

I think on the other trade you're probably good to go, since both uber and myself have signed off on it.[/QUOTE]

So I should go ahead and release Jennings and Hill?

[quote name='jza1218']So I should go ahead and release Jennings and Hill?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that trade is good to go. Can one of you re-post the trade along with the potentials? I'll add it to the OP.

Need some more feedback on the Broncos-Chiefs trade, the revamped Chiefs-Cowboys trade, and the revamped Eagles-Pats trade.

[quote name='bvharris']Yeah, that trade is good to go. Can one of you re-post the trade along with the potentials? I'll add it to the OP.

Need some more feedback on the Broncos-Chiefs trade, the revamped Chiefs-Cowboys trade, and the revamped Eagles-Pats trade.[/QUOTE]

Denver Broncos Trade WR Eric Decker (72 OVR, B potential) and DT Marcus Thomas (74 OVR, C potential)

Jacksonville Jaguars Trade: WR Jason Hill (71 OVR, C potential) and HB Rashad Jennings (74 OVR, B potential)

[quote name='jza1218']Denver Broncos Trade WR Eric Decker (72 OVR, B potential) and DT Marcus Thomas (74 OVR, C potential)

Jacksonville Jaguars Trade: WR Jason Hill (71 OVR, C potential) and HB Rashad Jennings (74 OVR, B potential)[/QUOTE]

I will drop Decker and Thomas as soon as I hop on Madden, It will be in the next few minutes so you'll have your updated team. I'm beginning to like the way my WR Core is shaping up... Core 4 with 90+ Speed, I love it! Plus Julius Thomas is pretty quick at TE, He's got 6 TD's for an A Potential Rookie.

Demaryius Thomas - 96 Speed
Eddie Royal - 95 Speed
Brandon Lloyd - 92 Speed
Steve Breaston - 91 Speed
Jason Hill - 87 Speed
Matthew Willis - 86 Speed

With 3:00 left in the 4th, down 10 with the Texans in the red-zone, the Titans needed a miracle (or multiple miracles) to win the game and they got one (or some). On 2nd down from the 16ish yard line Ben Tate fumbles and the a Titans DB takes it back 80+ to cut the lead to 3.

On the ensuing kick, the Titans recover the onside. They do a helluva job moving into field goal range and kicking with no time left to tie the game.

The Titans, then, win the coin-toss and proceed to drive 60+ to get into field goal range and kick the game winner, thanks largely to a beautiful 3rd and 11 conversion from their own side of the field when it seemed like the Texans would get a much-needed 3 and out.

Needless to say, I am now convinced that the Madden gods are not on my side, although, I am still (technically) in first place at 2-5 in the AFC South.

Sad, I know...

[quote name='jza1218']Once I put my kid down for a nap I'll drop Jennings and Hill. So about 30-45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I dropped these guys venom, let me know when you drop Decker and Thomas.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I'm glad I was about to give a UConn guy to get one![/QUOTE]

If I actually cared about UConn football I would try and acquire as many as possible (it wouldn't be too hard, there aren't many in the NFL). I only really care about the basketball team though. IIRC, ubernes is also a Huskies fan, which is the only thing that unites us as sports fans considering the rest of our teams are bitter rivals. :D

[quote name='ubernes']Sure, if you're sending Calvin Johnson over.[/QUOTE]

Ubernes, check out the trades on the last page which are still up for review.

[quote name='bvharris']If I actually cared about UConn football I would try and acquire as many as possible (it wouldn't be too hard, there aren't many in the NFL). I only really care about the basketball team though. IIRC, ubernes is also a Huskies fan, which is the only thing that unites us as sports fans considering the rest of our teams are bitter rivals. :D[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to get UConn basketball players, you might as well trade for Cam Newton. He is also a fan of stealing laptops...

[quote name='bvharris']

Ubernes, check out the trades on the last page which are still up for review.[/QUOTE]

I'll look at then more closely outside of work. It's a real pain on the phone. My initial reaction is that they look good. I'm still unsure why Pacer would trade a young, B pot o-lineman for an older one. It looks like he'll be using that pick on another one at that same level next draft. That aside, I do like the trade more with the new CB involved for Samuels.

[quote name='BigAT']If you're trying to get UConn basketball players, you might as well trade for Cam Newton. He is also a fan of stealing laptops...[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't I just stay local and trade for Clay Buchholz instead? :D

[quote name='BigAT']you might as well trade for Cam Newton.[/QUOTE]

now wait just one laptop-stealin, college extorting minute...

just looked over my remaining schedule and i have 1 game vs. a team over .500 and the other 7 are either at .500 or below. So far, i'm liking my chances to get into the playoffs

[quote name='BigAT']If you're trying to get UConn basketball players, you might as well trade for Cam Newton. He is also a fan of stealing laptops...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

* Indicates present Wild Card teams

AFC

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-0)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (6-0)
3. New York Jets (6-1)
4. Houston Texans (2-5)
5. *New England Patrios (5-1)
6. *Denver Broncos (4-2)

In the Hunt

7. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
8. Baltimore Ravens (4-2)
9. Oakland Raiders (4-3)

NFC

1. New York Giants (6-0)
2. Green Bay Packers (6-1)
3. San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
4. Carolina Panthers (5-2)
5. *New Orleans Saints (5-2)
6. *Chicago Bears (5-2)

In the Hunt

7. Detroit Lions (4-3)
8. Seattle Seahawks (3-3)
9. Washington Redskins (3-3)
10. Atlanta Falcons (3-4)
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']I own the head-to-head win over the Jets. ;) I've just had my bye week already.[/QUOTE]

Well aware amigo. The Jets have a bye when we advance, but if you want your top spot in the division, you'll have to earn it on the road in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well aware amigo. The Jets have a bye when we advance, but if you want your top spot in the division, you'll have to earn it on the road in Pittsburgh.[/QUOTE]

I intend to. I've actually never lost to Zurezo in the franchise when using my main team. Though I've subbed against him several times and he's always beat me in those. Should be a fun game. :D

I'm more interested to see if my brother can beat him tonight.

Edit: As of this writing, the combined record of my next four opponents is 24-1. :D

[quote name='BigAT']Holy hell, how is there a division leader that's 2-5? That's even worse than the real NFC West.[/QUOTE]

In Rames' defense, one of those five losses was me subbing for him. I can't account for the other four though. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']
NFC

1. New York Giants (6-0)
2. Green Bay Packers (6-1)
3. San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
4. Carolina Panthers (5-2)
5. *New Orleans Saints (5-2)
6. *Chicago Bears (5-2)

In the Hunt

7. Detroit Lions (4-3)
8. Washington Redskins (3-3)
9. Atlanta Falcons (3-4)
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4)[/QUOTE]

Weak. My Seahwaks team is.500 at this point and I'm not even in the hunt. Guess that is what happens when you take over an 0-2 team!

Losing a division game right off the bat didn't help, though not sure I can run with Cru anyways.

I've released Thomas and Decker. Signing my trades now, I also dropped Ty Warren for you Doomtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']Nope that's my fault staticz, I forgot to add them in. You'd be right there with the Redskins then[/QUOTE]

Ah i figured it was a points thing or some weird divisional tie breaker. All is good then, 'hawks are on the uptick!

[quote name='bvharris']In Rames' defense, one of those five losses was me subbing for him. I can't account for the other four though. :D[/QUOTE]

Lmao...honestly, I've thrown the ball poorly. Turned it over and couldn't sustain offense. I've gotten most of it corrected, but I still found a way to lose last night. I'm 13-2 in ranked matches, against decent opponents but these Texans are having trouble putting it together. I'm still confident in the team though.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, the Houston Texans will finish with a winning record, the crown in the AFC south and will contend for the Super Bowl.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Lmao...honestly, I've thrown the ball poorly. Turned it over and couldn't sustain offense. I've gotten most of it corrected, but I still found a way to lose last night. I'm 13-2 in ranked matches, against decent opponents but these Texans are having trouble putting it together. I'm still confident in the team though.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, the Houston Texans will finish with a winning record, the crown in the AFC south and will contend for the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

The last part of that sentence is pretty funny.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Lmao...honestly, I've thrown the ball poorly. Turned it over and couldn't sustain offense.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely not the only one. I've found keeping a consistent passing game going really tough this year. Brady's still completing his passes at a good rate, but he's only got 7 TDs and 8 picks. After how prolific my passing attack was with the Chargers last year, it's been a huge change.

Thankfully that's coincided with me becoming better at running the ball and playing D, or else I'd probably be in the same spot as you.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Matt Ryan has 2tds and 8ints. I just can't figure out passing this year.[/QUOTE]

Hasselbeck has 0 TDs and 20 INTs.

I pin almost all of it on the improved pass rush as well as the fact that AI safeties can now react to the ball in the air when their back is turned. Throwing deep against any cover 2 defense is infinitely more difficult than it was last year.

[quote name='Doomtime']Improved zone is awesome this year. No longer does the defense fail to react to slant routes.[/QUOTE]

It's improved in some areas, but I think the defensive balance swung too far the other way. Safeties should not be able to react to the ball in the air if they're running the other direction with their back to the play. Nor should MLBs be as good as they are at picking off passes.

I think a happy medium between the defensive AI in last year's game and this year's would be ideal.

[quote name='staticz']Weak. My Seahwaks team is.500 at this point and I'm not even in the hunt. Guess that is what happens when you take over an 0-2 team!

Losing a division game right off the bat didn't help, though not sure I can run with Cru anyways.[/QUOTE]

if u go up to dooms post ur under me as 8th in the hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back