Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the offseason not being that far away I just wanted to let everyone know that TJ Ward is probably off limits for trades, but I'd consider about anyone else if the price is right.

Also, they might not be the greatest, but I think I have some receiver depth if anyone is really hurting for a third or fourth guy.

Any titans gettin honorable mention? Sucks bout locker, id need 50 attemps in the next two games to make him qualify. I don't think that's gonna happen. Ikeem would have been dploy and droy.

[quote name='Doomtime']
Also, what does everyone think about guys like Jason Witten who has put up outstanding numbers but his team still sits at 2-11?[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Witten as I did about Mike Wallace last year when Zurezo used to throw him the ball on pretty much every play. If I threw it to Roddy White every play, I could probably put up the same numbers, but I'd also be 2-11. :D

[quote name='BigAT']I'll take my unimpressive stats and wins any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, though it's nice to have Charles in the running again after his injury.

Only stat that really matters to me though is Superbowl wins.

im just glad i gave dallas strong the oppertunity to compete for roty... but in trying i found out i have a monster c pot wr lol

[quote name='Doomtime']Flacco has fallen off a bit in the MVP race. Charles is looking to repeat![/QUOTE]

Lol crap...yeah I've been pretty careless as of late, if I really cared that much about MVP I'd probably try to minimize my interceptions instead of making so many desperation throws as the games go on :(

I guess I will have to settle for big boy Ray for some kind of defensive award...or maybe even MVP recognition?!??! Defensive players get no love these days..

And Ultimate Matt, I'll be around ALL day/night, just going to go get some lunch in a few minutes, but I should be back around 4:30-5:00 p.m. EST and will be able to play whenever. Am about to PM you as well for all those h8azz who frown upon scheduling in the thread!!

[quote name='bvharris']Must be nice.[/QUOTE]

You're always in the running BV, make this the postseason that brings the title to New England!

[quote name='Doomtime']You're always in the running BV, make this the postseason that brings the title to New England![/QUOTE]

Eh, my expectations never include Super Bowls really. I have more fun just playing the games and making trades. In a league with this many good players, I'm just happy to have never finished below .500 in any of my seasons. If I got hot and made a deep playoff run (I've lost in the AFC Title game 2 or 3 times since Madden 10) I'd certainly be happy, but honestly I look forward more to the offseason. :D

As for numbers, I usually don't care either, but I've never had a back (or any player) put up anywhere close to the numbers I've been able to get with Ross, so I admit to being a fanboy there. :lol: I'll definitely be excited to see if he can get to 2000 yards.

[quote name='ubernes']Yeah I was thinking Panthers after I wrote that. I can't even be the best new bad team!! Ugh![/QUOTE]

yea, i think i got that one in the bag...

Am I really the only one having SERIOUS CAG PROBLEMs.

I log in, and it takes me to the home page as if I never logged in, so I hit Register and its says "Hey dumbass, you already logged in".

I can check MY PM's maybe 1/25 times.

So I have to check other peoples profiles to get to this thread which works about 1/2 the time.

Has anyone heard of issues like this before? BV said it might have to do with my Browser but this has happened on 3 seperate computers as of now.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Am I really the only one having SERIOUS CAG PROBLEMs.

I log in, and it takes me to the home page as if I never logged in, so I hit Register and its says "Hey dumbass, you already logged in".

I can check MY PM's maybe 1/25 times.

So I have to check other peoples profiles to get to this thread which works about 1/2 the time.

Has anyone heard of issues like this before? BV said it might have to do with my Browser but this has happened on 3 seperate computers as of now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't had that problem before. Worst I've had is when I click on a thread, I get backed out automatically.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Also 4/5 times I click on ANYTHING it just takes me to the -No Matches Found Screen

Really frustrating[/QUOTE]

Were the all the computers on the same network? Try clearing your cache, that is usually the best place to start.

Is there any web filtering going on?

I haven't tried clearing anything. Great idea. Computers were in different states so thats not it.

i'll try that link BV.

[quote name='BSETI50']Any titans gettin honorable mention? Sucks bout locker, id need 50 attemps in the next two games to make him qualify. I don't think that's gonna happen. Ikeem would have been dploy and droy.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm a little late on this...but it must be addressed!

Ikeem Smith through first five games (until he got injured): 18 tackles, 1 INT, 2 FF
Ray Lewis through first five games: 26 tackles, 7 INT, 5 FF

Don't know how you can consider Smith a lock for DPOY off those projections!! DROY on the other hand was definitely possible

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Sorry I'm a little late on this...but it must be addressed!

Ikeem Smith through first five games (until he got injured): 18 tackles, 1 INT, 2 FF
Ray Lewis through first five games: 26 tackles, 7 INT, 5 FF

Don't know how you can consider Smith a lock for DPOY off those projections!! DROY on the other hand was definitely possible[/QUOTE]

true true...u aint do none of that shit against me tho, i believe ikeem outplayed ray in his last game before tearin his shoulder.

plus i was jus gettin warmed up

Yeah he had his best game of the season against me :(
5 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF
I can't check TFL through XFN, but I'm sure at least 4 of those were TFL the way you were stopping my run game every time with him.

Ray Lewis still put up decent numbers though - 4 tackles, 1 FF

so pissed he went down....if there were ever a time for my connection to have shit the bed, that would have been it.

Here's my campaign for turner (although I don't really care that much): he IS my offense. He may not have as many yards or touchdowns as turner or McFadden (pretty close) but without him I doubt I'd be anywhere close to 9-4. You can see by my passing stats just how important turner is to my team. I just wish he was a little faster and then he would have at least 400 more yards and 5 touchdowns more (he's been caught from behind on a ton of would be breakaways this year and he has trouble getting to the outside).

Here is my schmear campaign against Jamaal "8 touchdowns in one game" Charles: yes, he puts up monster numbers, but he obviously isn't important to the chiefs success. I guess "not important" is an overstatement but the fact that doom can beat 3 of the better teams in the league without him remains.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Here's my campaign for turner (although I don't really care that much): he IS my offense. He may not have as many yards or touchdowns as turner or McFadden (pretty close) but without him I doubt I'd be anywhere close to 9-4. You can see by my passing stats just how important turner is to my team. I just wish he was a little faster and then he would have at least 400 more yards and 5 touchdowns more (he's been caught from behind on a ton of would be breakaways this year and he has trouble getting to the outside).

Here is my schmear campaign against Jamaal "8 touchdowns in one game" Charles: yes, he puts up monster numbers, but he obviously isn't important to the chiefs success. I guess "not important" is an overstatement but the fact that doom can beat 3 of the better teams in the league without him remains.[/QUOTE]

How dare you!!!!11

Obviously I'm biased in this regard, but the numbers Charles has been able to put up in 9.5 games is crazy. He also has 106 less carries and 13 more touchdowns at this point than Turner. Could I win without him? Probably, but not nearly as much.

[quote name='Doomtime']How dare you!!!!11

Obviously I'm biased in this regard, but the numbers Charles has been able to put up in 9.5 games is crazy. He also has 106 less carries and 13 more touchdowns at this point than Turner. Could I win without him? Probably, but not nearly as much.[/QUOTE]

Is this MVP or OPOY talk? I don't think Charles is MVP worthy, OPOY for sure though.

[quote name='staticz']Is this MVP or OPOY talk? I don't think Charles is MVP worthy, OPOY for sure though.[/QUOTE]

Why not? And yeah that is MVP talk

[quote name='staticz']You won three games without him.[/QUOTE]

True, though there's no way to say Atlanta or anyone else with a stud runningback (or QB/WR) wouldn't win had an injury taken place.

[quote name='BSETI50']so pissed he went down....if there were ever a time for my connection to have shit the bed, that would have been it.[/QUOTE]

Most good players don't get the 3rd pick in the draft, so you were kind of fortunate to have him in the first place. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']True, though there's no way to say Atlanta or anyone else with a stud runningback (or QB/WR) wouldn't win had an injury taken place.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Your backup was no slouch though, that makes me think you would win either way.

I've had on off year as far as my offense goes, Freeman is a INT machine and the run defense caught up with my running offense. My DPOY would be my entire defensive line, sack machines!

5th pick...I didn't expect him to fall to me either. I felt he was easily the best player on the board. But that's just me. I was ready to pick a safety or lineman. He will be back with a vengeance next year. In the mean time akeem ayers and barrett ruud will have to get the job done.

I feel like since he had such a shitty record last year guys who had no business goin down went down. My RT and cortland finnegan went down others also

[quote name='sprice8688']i hate u for beating the cardinals ( god damn it lvp) lol good luck to u in the playoffs[/QUOTE]

Thats a little old news?

We have a game tonight, should I beat him for you Sprice?

I'm starting to think about filling teams for Season 3. Assuming Superstar is sticking as the Vikings, it looks like we'll have two open teams:

1) Bills
2) Panthers

Is anybody else planning on leaving between seasons?

[quote name='staticz']Not me.

Do we have any suitors in mind?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I figured we'd see if anyone in the JV league wants a spot.. But if anyone has friends they want to bring in, by all means.

[quote name='bvharris']Not yet. I figured we'd see if anyone in the JV league wants a spot.. But if anyone has friends they want to bring in, by all means.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. Seems like the guy who owned STL is tops in the power rankings over there, but the Falcons owner seems to do some damage as well.

Another shitty game for Sanchez. He's officially on the block. Todd is the QB. I don't care if his stats say he's worse. No one could overthrow more open receivers.

edit: Actually looking at his numbers he wasn't too bad. Though in game they gave him a mystery TD to Kilgo which definitely did not happen, or the score would've been 21-21. 47% completion, 2 TDs, 1 INT (which I don't believe led to a score). Could have completed more passes, but I threw away a handful on pass rushes, so take out those and he'd put up an okay line. He sucked when it mattered most. Overthrew on a potential game-tying drive with less than a 2 minutes remaining in the game on both 3rd and 4th down. Open WRs too, and he never even gave them a chance. Didn't even give someone on another part of the field a chance. These balls went way out of bounds. Bad way to go out on 4th. AND a bad way to end the season.

In all honesty, the Jets should have packed it in sooner. They were never contenders with the way they were playing. I just couldn't rely on Sanchez to make any sort of clutch throw.

Last edited by a moderator:
kaster db from the jv league wants to join im playing him right now he said he would take the bills over sound good???????/

Patriots 59 - Broncos 7

The suddenly resurgent Patriots defense notched its second consecutive game without giving up an offensive TD, as the Broncos lone score came off a late INT return. Really not much to say about this game that the scoreline doesn't indicate. It was pretty one-sided from the start.

Tom Brady was 5 of 6 (the incomplete was a spike with 2 seconds left in the 2nd) for 49 yards and 2 TDs in the first half before being relieved by Matt Hasselbeck, who went 3 of 4 for 31 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT (late, when trying to run down the clock, which was returned for six).

Cobie "Dallas Who?" Ross carried 21 times for 301 yards and 2 TDs (though he did fumble on the Pats' first drive). Shane Vereen carried the ball 3 times for 90 yards and a TD, and Law Firm had 3 carries for 18 and a score. Even Ridley got a few carries, as all told the Patriots backs had 30 carries for 418 yards (13.9ypc) and 4 TDs.

Roddy White caught 2 TDs, and Aaron Hernandez caught the other.

The Patriots picked off Tebow 4 times and also forced a fumble, and never really came close to giving up a score. Definitely my best defensive showing of the year.

--
gg Aftershock! Sorry this one got out of hand pretty early, like I said in my message that last throw (which you picked) was really just to run out the clock, I'm obviously not trying to score there.

And I definitely got some good breaks in this one with defenders picking off passes, I usually drop more of those. Though when Tebow throws 35 times, I guess 4 picks isn't entirely unexpected.

Only bad news here is I lost my rookie kick returner for the season (he's got a very low injury rating). Shane Vereen will have to fill in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back