Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RamesuThe1']New England's defense is horrible and Denver runs the ball better than anyone, if they pound it and protect it, they'll be in great shape. The TO margin will decide who wins that game and if its even, I'm taking Denver. [/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you haven't watched the Patriots much this year, if at all. I'm praying that's the Denver game plan. If they come out and try to do nothing but run the ball all the day, they're going to lose by 20. Once New England adjusted to the run in the last game, they completely shut the Denver offense down. You beat the Patriots by throwing on them. All three Patriots losses this year (and every scare) came when the other team was able to wait in the pocket and expose the weak Patriots secondary. If Tebow can throw the ball with the accuracy that he did against the Steelers, and push it down the field, they've got a shot. If it becomes a run, run, incomplete, punt game they're going to get slaughtered.

If you think turnovers are going to decide it, I'm feeling pretty good. The Patriots were 1st in the AFC at +17, while the Broncos were tied for 14th at -12.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey BigAT , Im about to head to my Moms house to play Ill be there in about 35 to 40 min than we can play , Ill message you online as soon as I get there[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Way to go the extra mile. :D

[quote name='BSETI50']So is the super bowl goin down[/QUOTE]

Looks like it'll be tomorrow.

Given that, I'm going to say the Sunday draft time is my preference again. I'm still fine with Saturday, but that's not going to leave us with much time at all to negotiate and review trades.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm guessing you haven't watched the Patriots much this year, if at all. I'm praying that's the Denver game plan. If they come out and try to do nothing but run the ball all the day, they're going to lose by 20. Once New England adjusted to the run in the last game, they completely shut the Denver offense down. You beat the Patriots by throwing on them. All three Patriots losses this year (and every scare) came when the other team was able to wait in the pocket and expose the weak Patriots secondary. If Tebow can throw the ball with the accuracy that he did against the Steelers, and push it down the field, they've got a shot. If it becomes a run, run, incomplete, punt game they're going to get slaughtered.

If you think turnovers are going to decide it, I'm feeling pretty good. The Patriots were 1st in the AFC at +17, while the Broncos were tied for 14th at -12.[/QUOTE]

The objective of a consistent run game is to possess the ball while minimizing risk. I understand the Patriots' secondary is porous but if Denver can control the game by running, they can control the clock and keep Brady on the sideline (basic football strategy). If they can stay away from 3 and outs they should be fine. Obviously, any team that consistently goes three and out against the Patriots would be slaughtered, the offense is too good, same goes for Saints and Packers. Denver needs to focus on getting first downs on the ground, Tebow was 10/21 last week against the Steelers, hardly accurate but his completions were timely and for chunks, thats been the way they've done it since he took over. It would be a huge mistake if they went into the game with the idea that they should get into a scoring contest by challenging the secondary, Tebow simply isn't good enough. If they possess the ball, without turning it over, I think they win. We will see.

Good games on 2k gb. Jrue was giving me fits in the first game. Staticz I have to go pick up my brother downtown so I just hopped off for a bit. I'll be back though. You and gb should play while I'm gone.

[quote name='Doomtime']Good games on 2k gb. Jrue was giving me fits in the first game. Staticz I have to go pick up my brother downtown so I just hopped off for a bit. I'll be back though. You and gb should play while I'm gone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah gg. I was getting worked by Tyreke Evans though :hot:. Half the moves you were doing I had no idea how to even do :lol: Staticz, sorry I can't play anymore tonight, maybe some other time.

[quote name='gbpackers94']No but I'm keeping up with the score. It looks like they are starting to play poorly now :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

59-53 at the under 4 timeout. UVA's defense has really tailed off since being up at halftime.

[quote name='KasterDB']59-53 at the under 4 timeout. UVA's defense has really tailed off since being up at halftime.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Should have won it there. I hope this loss doesn't stop the way UVA has been playing lately.

GG Cru. I know things weren't meant to go my way when my first completion of the game was immediately fumbled and returned by the defense.

Before I pass out here...

DRAFT DAY UPDATE
Sunday - Yes: 21, No: 3
Saturday - Yes: 12, No: 5

I've had less replies for Saturday, but it's still trending towards Sunday as much as I don't like to admit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advanced.

It's an All Harbaugh Super Bowl! (hopefully not a preview of the real thing).

The game looks like it will be played right around 6PM EST tomorrow, so look for us to advance to the offseason around 7!

Offensive POW - Conference Frank Gore (SF)
26639.png

Rushing: 69 yards, 3 tds
Receiving: 8 yards, 0 tds

Defensive POW - Conference Donte Whitner (SF)
27292.png

Tackles: 2
Ints: 1
FF: 1

Going to repost this with some updates. If it could be linked that would be appreciated. Sorry for the vague potentials, I just shut down as I thought to repost this and I never double checked these. All of them are at least B potential unless otherwise noted. I can double check anything if there's interest.

JETS TRADE BLOCK
Antonio Cromartie (90 OVR, A pot, CB, 29 years old)
Shonn Greene (85 OVR, A pot, RB, 28 years old)
Calvin Pace (76 OVR, B pot, OLB, 33 years old)
Bryan Thomas (77 OVR, B pot, OLB, 34 years old)

*Note* This is listed in the order of difficulty it will take to obtain, but I'm more than willing to deal them.

WANTS
LG or RT (+run block stats a must. I have two young B pot guys at both positions, willing to deal them back for any 26-28 year old run block stud)
OLB (decent speed + decent zone coverage, ROLB preferred)
WR (80+ speed, good CIT, SPC, general catch. tall. good carry a plus)
Draft picks

*Note* This is also listed in order of what I want most!

*NOTE 2* If you have a player that fits my WANTS and have little interest in my players on my block, still hit me up. I can talk any player, for the most part.

[quote name='ubernes']If it could be linked that would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

We prefer that only the commissioners edit the OP with.. oh wait..

I linked it for you. Lazy. ;)

hahah, oops. it's too late for me.

PS: If anyone is looking to scrim on Sat (especially if we don't draft that day, which looks likely), keep me in mind. I'd like to go into Season 3 focused! Plus, I have nothing else to do.

I'll do the same -

Seattle Seahawks Offseason Trade Block

Sydney Rice WR 88 A POT
Zach Miller TE 89 A POT
Robert Gallery LG 85 A/B POT
Brandon Moore RG 88 A/B POT
Leon Washington RB 78?? 99 KR B POT
Justin Foresett RB 79 B POT ( this guy is a Ray Rice clone!)
Marcus Trufant CB 81 B POT
Alan Branch DT 79?? B POT

I'm looking for draft picks and would be willing to listen to other offers.

I'm still all about Sunday for the draft, especially now that we're advancing tomorrow night. I think Saturday afternoon is way too quick a turnaround, I'd like to have at least a full day of offseason.

[quote name='DVO21']jags trading block

Matt Schaub QB overall 89

wants 1st round draft pick

who wants him come and get him[/QUOTE]
I'll give you a 3rd rounder, i think that was the round he was taken in.

Yea isn't Saturday a little soon. I think everyone should have more than 24 hours to look over the Draft Board. Plus Sunday night after the playoffs has such a better ring to it

Thanks for the support guys :O) I'm feeling pretty good about this game...I remember I had played Cru a couple times in Madden 12 so I took a look back at my schedule through XFN. Last season I squeezed out a 38-31 victory against him, but in Week 3 THIS season I managed to pull off a substantial 34-0 win against Cru :O Not that I expect the Superbowl to go anywhere near that smoothly...but definitely a winnable game for me to say the least!! They key is definitely to limit Gore and get an early lead. My pass defense held Kaepernick to 5/17 passing for 119 yards, 0 TDs (obviously), and 3 INTs. If only I could remember ANYTHING about that game.... hmmmm

BTW you guys who were thinking about getting GTA: San Andreas...apparently it's gonna be 33% off on Xbox Live starting January 17th (800 points down from 1200). I dunno if you already bought it or not...I think I might at that price! No one ever messages me on Xbox Live anyways :(

Draft is officially Sunday night. I apologize to those who can't make it but Sunday night got the best response. If you or someone you traded draft picks with cannot make it, let me know asap. I'll try to work something out especially for picks in the first 2 rounds.

[quote name='ubernes']Draft is officially Sunday night. I apologize to those who can't make it but Sunday night got the best response. If you or someone you traded draft picks with cannot make it, let me know asap. I'll try to work something out especially for picks in the first 2 rounds.[/QUOTE]

The first 2.5 rounds are the best selection of A/B potential players anyways. Good luck to those in the upcoming draft!!

[quote name='Og whitewidow']I'll give you a 3rd rounder, i think that was the round he was taken in.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you right now that isn't going to happen.

[quote name='staticz']I can tell you right now that isn't going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a 1st rounder might not happen either though. I think DVO would probably get better value trading Gabbert and keeping Schaub, but that's just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back