Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!
MADDEN 12 Fantasy LEAGUE RULES:

1) PLAY FAIR AND HAVE FUN
2) NO FREE AGENT PICKUPS ALLOWED

RULES: Just a brief clarification on the "rules." By play fair, we mean that you play the game like a NFL coach would. That should be self explanatory. No going for it on 4th and long in your territory. No onside kicks in the first half when you're up. Just don't be a jerk. And of course, have fun. Amendment: QB sneaks are now officially banned. It's completely broken in this game. Do not use them, ever.

1. All trades MUST be agreed upon by both parties and then presented to the league for discussion.

2. The commissioner will lead this discussion and ultimately decide whether or not to pass the trade based on the opinions of the league.

1) Please sign up in the following format:

CAG NAME:​

XBL NAME:​

2) Anybody can signup, unless of course you signed up last year and never played any games. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN:

1) YOU MUST BE WILLING TO PLAY A GAME AROUND EVERY 3 DAYS. IF YOU ARE BUSY, JUST DON'T JOIN!

2) There will be a 3 strikes policy. 3 unplayed games = OUT

3) If there is anybody from last season who left from RROD/other system failures, you are welcome to come back!

Teams will be determined by the Comissioner's (Mr Grand Cru and Doomtime ) All users from the main CAG League have first priority on joining this league. The Draft time will be determined very soon and posted in addition to any other important details.

Special Thanks to Ubernes and BvHarris for the organization of the main League which I have adopted for this league.

Participants:
Mr Grand Cru (Mr Grand Cru)
Doomtime (Doomtime)
gbpackers94 (gbpackers994)
bvharris (bvharris888)
ballhawk20 (xxballhawkxx20)
staticz (staticzv2)
VeryCheapGame (Shadow Dragon A)
MasterAwesome (MasterAwesome)
Ubernes (broadway row)
Augmog (mog3526)
Man2008 (Man2008)
Zurezo (zurezo)
LVPatriots (MurdaModeLV)
Tanabeo (Tanabeo)
Superstar (sgmsuperstar)
Venom (antivenom360)
itlnstln (hotitlnstln)
pdm76 (pdm0376)
lageorgec05 (iiD3ad Pr3zii)
Young Deezy (Meechie Baby)
Damailman2272 (Damailman2272)
Bseti50 (Bseti50)
og whitewidow (og whitewidow)
Deuce20602 (Deuce20602)
siradam134 (ferocious1 or ferocious2)
steelerfansean (Isoxballin)
EdFnReed (EdFnReed)
Caggrenade (G I Ricky)
UrAllVirgins (Fatalkiller X)
The Zero (.....)
Gpninja (gpninja)
officianadokj (newlife774)

NFC

NFC South

Mr Grand Cru (Saints)​
Doomtime (Falcons)
Mog (Bucs)
Deuce (Panthers)

NFC North

MasterAwesome (Vikings)
Ubernes (Bears)​
Isoballin (Packers)
Sprice (Lions)

NFC East

Zurezo (Cowboys)​
Ballhawk (Redskins)
VeryCheapGame (Giants)
Staticz (Eagles)

NFC West

Bvharris (Cardinals)​
xxIaintmadxx (Seahawks)
Man2008 (49ers)
gbpackers (Rams)

AFC

AFC East
Oskeezee (Jets)
Superstar (Patriots)
Itlnstln (Bills)
Dead Prez (Miami)

AFC North

Ferocious1 (Ravens)
LpvPatriots (Bengals)
EdFnReed (Browns)
Antivenom (Steelers)

AFC West

Tanabeo (Denver)
Damailman2272 (Oakland)
Beseti50 (Chiefs)
Pdm76 (Chargers)

AFC South

The Zero (Texans)
Gpninja (Titans)
CagGrenade (Jaguars)
Oj Whitewidow (Colts

Waitlist

LEAGUE INFO

Cagfl3

Password: abc123

Go ahead and start joining up now.

League News:

As far as free agents feel free to drop a player to add a player while we are in week one if you have two kickers and punters or need to fill a position for it to allow you to play your game. Also all teams have users even though some haven't joined yet so do not play any games versus the computer.​

Welcome new users also make sure you take time to review the rules for the franchise, and if you have any questions direct them to myself or Doomtime's inbox.​

Approved Trades:

49ers send a second round Draft pick to the Saints for RB Taiwan Jones.

Buccaneers send a 1st round draft pick to the Vikings for QB Colt McCoy.

Panthers send TE Brandon Pettigrew, QB Ryan Mallett, and a 1st round draft pick to the Vikings for TE Vernon Davis

Giants send WR Brandon Lloyd, DT Vince Wilfork, and a 3rd round draft pick to the Chiefs for WR AJ Green, HB Mark Ingram, MLB Dan Connor, and a 1st round draft pick

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gbpackers94']CAG NAME: gbpackers94
XBL NAME: gbpackers994
TEAM: Green Bay Packers[/QUOTE]

Teams to be determined But I will keep in mind you prefer Packers , lol

CAG NAME: Doomtime
XBL NAME: Doomtime
TEAM: Since that vampire took my team, I don't know.

If we're going to separate the better players, we all need to be in the same conference. Pick a conference and then I'll pick a team

[quote name='doomtime']cag name: Doomtime
xbl name: Doomtime
team: Since that vampire took my team, i don't know.

If we're going to separate the better players, we all need to be in the same conference. Pick a conference and then i'll pick a team[/quote]

:-({|= :)

[quote name='Doomtime']CAG NAME: Doomtime
XBL NAME: Doomtime
TEAM: Since that vampire took my team, I don't know.

If we're going to separate the better players, we all need to be in the same conference. Pick a conference and then I'll pick a team[/QUOTE]

I posted somewhere in the first post that we would determine divisions, probably me and you can discuss it , Bvharris and Ubernes could take a look at what we come up with also.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I posted somewhere in the first post that we would determine divisions, probably me and you can discuss it , Bvharris and Ubernes could take a look at what we come up with also.[/QUOTE]

All right, I'll be back in a couple hours to discuss it then. Heading out to class.

[quote name='staticz']CAG: staticz
XBL: staticzv2
Team: Chiefs if I can

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.[/QUOTE]

Will do thanks for joining.

[quote name='bvharris']I'll amend my team choice to "anyone not in Doomtime's division." I can't stand that guy. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Me, Doomtime , MasterAwesome and Duece probably all be in same division.

I'm in. I wanted a 2nd league, but that advances more like the original and not like the one I'm in now so I may drop the other one.

CAG: ubernes
XBL: broadway row
Team: Browns, Rams, Seahawks, Bucs, Bills (in that order, but I prefer to go where the tougher guys are so make that a priority! sorry for all the requests haha, I can add even more... edit: I'd like to not be in BV's division just because we're in the same one in the original.)

[quote name='ubernes']edit: I'd like to not be in BV's division just because we're in the same one in the original.[/QUOTE]

What I heard: "I'm scared of BV" ;)

The more I think about it, if we do team requests I'd like the Redskins. If I'm not going to use the Pats, might as well use my current local team.

[quote name='bvharris']I'll amend my team choice to "anyone not in Doomtime's division." I can't stand that guy. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: What about the reunion??!?

[quote name='bvharris']What I heard: "I'm scared of BV" ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was actually going to clarify that one, but decided to let it sit and see where you took it.

CAG: MasterAwesome
XBL: MasterAwesome
Team: 1st choice: Panthers, 2nd choice: Broncos
Hobbies: Playing Madden, eating Subway, domin8ing n00bs

[quote name='MasterAwesome']CAG: MasterAwesome
Hobbies: Playing Madden, eating Subway, domin8ing n00bs[/QUOTE]

Jersey Mikes > Subway

[quote name='MasterAwesome']CAG: MasterAwesome
Hobbies: Playing Madden, eating Subway, domin8ing n00bs[/QUOTE]

Pure Pwnage .....lol

I'm very excited to see how some of these teams turn out. You know at least half a dozen guys are going to end up with elite running backs behind O-lines in the 60s. :D

Does anyone have a lot of Fantasy Draft experience? I find them to be quite interesting sometimes. Building an entire team is hard and sometimes you focus in the completely wrong area. Live BV said, I expect some mistakes (this guy!!) to be made.

[quote name='staticz']Does anyone have a lot of Fantasy Draft experience? I find them to be quite interesting sometimes. Building an entire team is hard and sometimes you focus in the completely wrong area. Live BV said, I expect some mistakes (this guy!!) to be made.[/QUOTE]

I do it pretty much every year for my offline franchise. I agree with you, it's incredibly interesting and also really challenging to try to build an entire roster from scratch.

What I usually do offline is try to focus on one side of the ball (this year it was offense) and then build up the other side through the draft. I ended up with DJax, Megatron, Charles, and a few good lineman with Cam as my QB, but my defense is pretty mediocre. I don't think a strategy like that would work as well with 31 other guys trying to do the same thing.

[quote name='bvharris']I do it pretty much every year for my offline franchise. I agree with you, it's incredibly interesting and also really challenging to try to build an entire roster from scratch.

What I usually do offline is try to focus on one side of the ball (this year it was offense) and then build up the other side through the draft. I ended up with DJax, Megatron, Charles, and a few good lineman with Cam as my QB, but my defense is pretty mediocre. I don't think a strategy like that would work as well with 31 other guys trying to do the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I have a strategy I use that I would prefer not to reveal. lol , but I enjoy drafts we usually chat in the league room and talk trash about good picks bad picks lol it is fun

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']MADDEN 12 Fantasy LEAGUE RULES:

1) PLAY FAIR AND HAVE FUN
2) NO FREE AGENT PICKUPS ALLOWED

RULES: Just a brief clarification on the "rules." By play fair, we mean that you play the game like a NFL coach would. That should be self explanatory. No going for it on 4th and long in your territory. No onside kicks in the first half when you're up. Just don't be a jerk. And of course, have fun. Amendment: QB sneaks are now officially banned. It's completely broken in this game. Do not use them, ever.

1. All trades MUST be agreed upon by both parties and then presented to the league for discussion.

2. The commissioner will lead this discussion and ultimately decide whether or not to pass the trade based on the opinions of the league.

1) Please sign up in the following format:

CAG NAME:​

XBL NAME:​

2) Anybody can signup, unless of course you signed up last year and never played any games. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN:

1) YOU MUST BE WILLING TO PLAY A GAME AROUND EVERY 3 DAYS. IF YOU ARE BUSY, JUST DON'T JOIN!

2) There will be a 3 strikes policy. 3 unplayed games = OUT

3) If there is anybody from last season who left from RROD/other system failures, you are welcome to come back!

Teams will be determined by the Comissioner's (Mr Grand Cru and Doomtime ) All users from the main CAG League have first priority on joining this league. The Draft time will be determined very soon and posted in addition to any other important details.

Special Thanks to Ubernes and BvHarris for the organization of the main League which I have adopted for this league.

Participants:
Mr Grand Cru (Mr Grand Cru)
Doomtime (Doomtime)
gbpackers94 (gbpackers994)
bvharris (bvharris888)
ballhawk20 (xxballhawkxx20)
staticz (staticzv2)
VeryCheapGame (Shadow Dragon A)
MasterAwesome (MasterAwesome)
Ubernes (broadway row)[/QUOTE]
Augmog (mog3526)

The only thing that will be tough for me is not being able to practice against another person at that team. I'm already struggling with that in the other league now that I've added/lost a few pieces. I'm excited though - I have a few ideas that I think will work but who knows!

Any idea on when you plan to do the draft yet?

Regardless, I need to decide whether or not I have the time/desire to join a third league. The last thing I would want to do is join and then leave after the draft. Although whoever gets my team would automatically win the Super Bowl since the only thing better than my playing skills are my GMing skills.

[quote name='BigAT']Any idea on when you plan to do the draft yet?

Regardless, I need to decide whether or not I have the time/desire to join a third league. The last thing I would want to do is join and then leave after the draft. Although whoever gets my team would automatically win the Super Bowl since the only thing better than my playing skills are my GMing skills.[/QUOTE]

Lol even if you did a season or two I think it would be cool so we can help toughen up these divisions ?

I like the idea of grouping the better players by division. Can anyone tell where a clear divide is (maybe there are only 8 elite teams instead of 16)?

If you look at the current standing of the other league there are 7 one or zero loss teams, 7 two loss teams and everyone else is basically a bottom dweller. So perhaps a split of 16 based on current standings of the other league, although I'm not sure everyone will hop over here.

I don't consider myself one of the elite players in the league. If you want to see the players I think are elite, take a look at the list of past champions in the OP.

Here's how I'd break it down (I apologize in advance if I'm forgetting anyone):

The only guys I'd consider to be the very top tier are BigAT, Cru, Doom, and mog. Maybe that's one division right there. ;)

There's certainly a much larger group of guys I'd consider to be in the next tier, which would include ubernes, myself, Rames, MA, sprice, Zurezo and Deuce. You could probably toss a few of the newer people in there as well, I don't have as much experience with them yet.

I think objectively you can probably come up with a pretty good consensus about how it would break down if we end up wanting to set it up that way (I'm on the fence myself).

I define the second tier as those players who on any given Sunday have a prayer of beating the guys in the first tier. ;)

Oh, I forgot Matt Young, who's definitely played himself into that 2nd group this year IMO.

[quote name='Doomtime']I like that division :)[/QUOTE]

There you have one division right there, than if Big At is in , another division would probably be Ubernes, Duece, Masterawesome and Sprice. Another being Zurezo, Man 2008 , undecided, undecided. Than Ballhawk, Bvharris , Matt Young, undecided.

I will make sure Me , Doom, Mog , and BigAt , all have Ubernes Duece and Masterawesome and sprice on our schedules.

I will play in a 2nd league. And I like the idea of grouping the teams together. It will make me better for the other CAG league :)

CAG: Zurezo
XBL: Zurezo
Team: Bills/Bears

[quote name='gbpackers94']May I request to be in the 4th division of the superior conference?[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds good.

[quote name='staticz']Is the plan to wait until the league is completely full? I can do some recruiting if needed, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got a couple people also myself that are on the forum, I wanted to give everybody a chance to join in the other league also, so I would start recruiting tomorrow.

[quote name='Doomtime']Need more members![/QUOTE]

I know I was going to see if you could send pm's to everyone in the other league before I start heavy recruiting ?

bread's done
Back