Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I just dropped...DVO play the cpu...just got in from playin ball gettin ready for work then bed, I think I'm burnt out on Madden. Probably done for 12....[/QUOTE]

Wow cmon man I was lookin forward to week 17

[quote name='BSETI50']Wow cmon man I was lookin forward to week 17[/QUOTE]

Dropping like flies. I had a feeling this would happen come summer time.

[quote name='staticz']Dropping like flies. I had a feeling this would happen come summer time.[/QUOTE]

I think you could probably count on one hand the number of people who are still invested. There's nothing wrong with that, it happens. I think most of us are just playing out the string for one more postseason at this point.

[quote name='bvharris']I think you could probably count on one hand the number of people who are still invested. There's nothing wrong with that, it happens. I think most of us are just playing out the string for one more postseason at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, interest is definitely going to peak and hit a low. 5 seasons is an accomplishment, nothing to scoff at.

[quote name='BSETI50']Wow cmon man I was lookin forward to week 17[/QUOTE]

I hope we get to continue our rivalry in 13...but I've got the "it's become a chore to play in the league" feeling so, its time to hang it up for now.

NCAA 13 will be out in about 4 weeks so I'll spend my time playing NBA 2k and fight night until that drops and I get the football itch again.

Hope to see everyone back in August.

[quote name='bvharris']I think you could probably count on one hand the number of people who are still invested. There's nothing wrong with that, it happens. I think most of us are just playing out the string for one more postseason at this point.[/QUOTE]

I for one would love to have Madden to hold me over until the real NFL Season starts. So if we have enough interest left, and if it is cool with BV, I wouldn't mind taking over Commish over the summer.

I doubt I'll do XFN or any of that, just a chill advance every 4 or 5 days kind of league for the summer.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I for one would love to have Madden to hold me over until the real NFL Season starts. So if we have enough interest left, and if it is cool with BV, I wouldn't mind taking over Commish over the summer.
[/QUOTE]

This will definitely be the last official season of the league, as well as my last until Madden 13. I know that's true for a lot of folks.

That said, I have no issue leaving the league open after we finish if some people want to keep playing with their teams.

[quote name='bvharris']This will definitely be the last official season of the league, as well as my last until Madden 13. I know that's true for a lot of folks.

That said, I have no issue leaving the league open after we finish if some people want to keep playing with their teams.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'll take the official tag off, all I care about is keeping the teams. So far Bseti, Widdow and DVO said they would keep playing. And I bet once the season ends and a fresh draft is coming up, people will want to keep playing.

The transfer of Commish power is just a push of a button right? and BSeti can help co-commish next season.

ill play a couple games LV but its gonna be stupid...im not gonna make any effort in playin before ne deadlines or anything....but if im bored ill pick up the sticks, im ready for a break from madden too...

i still say we shorten the advancements to two days, this season would be over in 2 weeks if we did...

I guess I'll bring it up again at the end of the season and see where feelings are at.

I don't know who you are kidding BSeti, you'll be playing Madden.

sorry n8 i would have taken the loss it was my fault i wasnt home in time. also play the cpu i need to help him find out y his internet wont work.

[quote name='BSETI50']ill play a couple games LV but its gonna be stupid...im not gonna make any effort in playin before ne deadlines or anything....but if im bored ill pick up the sticks, im ready for a break from madden too...

i still say we shorten the advancements to two days, this season would be over in 2 weeks if we did...[/QUOTE]

I agree with shortening to 2 day deadlines. At this point and with people dropping, most of us are just trying to make it through this season.

This is by far my last season. I lost to the freaking CPU Raiders in overtime last night. Bv knows I wanted to hang up my cleats during season 3... but I don't really know why i've stuck it out. Games far past boring.

I'm sure the peopl who are still commited would have no problem playin their game within 2 days, its the people who haven't even played madden in a month or checked the thread in weeks that wouldn't get their vgames played

i havbt really been playing but i still checkbon alot... i prob will let all the cpu games sim but ill start makin sure i get my player games in.... hey bseti how bout them os? lol last place sucks dont it

[quote name='Blade3D']Ummm can we advance? We are so close to the end of the season, just a few more weeks.[/QUOTE]

Which is a very, very sad thing.

[quote name='sprice8688']i havbt really been playing but i still checkbon alot... i prob will let all the cpu games sim but ill start makin sure i get my player games in.... hey bseti how bout them os? lol last place sucks dont it[/QUOTE]

we'll see what happens dude its still early... jus remember come august when the tables turn, cal ripken aint walkin thru that door

[quote name='Blade3D']Ummm can we advance? We are so close to the end of the season, just a few more weeks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, I ended up having to go out of town unexpectedly last night and then I came in to work early this morning (and I'm still here). I'll advance us in the next couple of hours.

[quote name='bvharris']Sorry guys, I ended up having to go out of town unexpectedly last night and then I came in to work early this morning (and I'm still here). I'll advance us in the next couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, was just surprised no one had responded in so long lol.

[quote name='BSETI50']we'll see what happens dude its still early... jus remember come august when the tables turn, cal ripken aint walkin thru that door[/QUOTE]

well mayb in a couple years his son will pick up where he left off

Are the bucs still owned or did Tanabeo leave the league? I always read everything that goes on in here but I can't remember everyone who have called it quits thus far....

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Are the bucs still owned or did Tanabeo leave the league? I always read everything that goes on in here but I can't remember everyone who have called it quits thus far....[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he is still here.

I should be free anytime Sunday I guess even though it's Father's day!!!! I'm out of town for tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I should be free anytime Sunday I guess even though it's Father's day!!!! I'm out of town for tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

YEAH. The most exciting random weekend update unrelated to SNL ever!

MA, you're so cool. ;)

Calling Staticz, Staticz you out there? I am only free late tonight or tomorrow morning to play. PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey bv might need to u to boot superstar unless he already left he told me he wouldnt have time this weekend becuz of work and to go ahead and play the computer

[quote name='KasterDB']YEAH. The most exciting random weekend update unrelated to SNL ever!

MA, you're so cool. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah I was pretty drunk at that moment....I get a little intense after alcohol :O)

can someone get in contact with yanksrule? i got the rest of today to play but i'm not sure about tomorrow since i am being dragged out of the house for Father's Day

BV's team is just too good. Not even an anti-BV rant. He just gets results out of his players that other people don't get. It's absurd really.

EDIT - Most productive thing I did in my game against BV was eat some pizza, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Requesting Staticz get booted, I don't have a lot of time to play tomorrow, so I need him out so I can play if I have time.

No word from Yanks rule all day deuce.

[quote name='Blade3D']I haven't heard back either for my game with the texans...what we doing here?[/QUOTE]

He's done for the year. Play the CPU.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Requesting Staticz get booted, I don't have a lot of time to play tomorrow, so I need him out so I can play if I have time.

No word from Yanks rule all day deuce.[/QUOTE]

Doing it now. I've also booted yanksrule just in case.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']BV's team is just too good. Not even an anti-BV rant. He just gets results out of his players that other people don't get. It's absurd really.

EDIT - Most productive thing I did in my game against BV was eat some pizza, lol.[/QUOTE]

yea his team is the best on paper but hes still beatable, its his defense that wins games for him. he doesnt gamble much and hes good at open field user tackles which is by far the most underated and important skill in this game.

[quote name='LVPatriots']No word from Yanks rule all day deuce.[/QUOTE]

thanks for texting him. he (someone) was online last night playing MLB 2k12 and i sent him 2 messages and got no response...

just saw BV's post. I'll play the game when i things calm down around here

[quote name='BSETI50']yea his team is the best on paper but hes still beatable, its his defense that wins games for him. he doesnt gamble much and hes good at open field user tackles which is by far the most underated and important skill in this game.[/QUOTE]

No, that's totally what it was. His defense was brutal. His DB's were jumping routes in single coverage like my practices were videotaped or something....hmmm. They were seriously just nonchalantly brushing my WR's aside and stepping in front for easy INT's (and he wasn't usering them).

And since he had no trouble defending my receivers, he could blitz his LB's all day. And they're just so damn fast. This is to his credit as he does user them...but seriously, when an OLB goes around the line into the backfield, and makes a tackle on the other side of the field, resulting in only a 1-2 yard gain...it's just not right, lol. Then, yeah, offensively, it was death by 1,000 blows. Nickel, dime, nickel, dime. Agonizing. I don't know that I even want to play him with that team anymore. There's just no point.

bread's done
Back