Madden 12 Tournaments - Bad Teams Tournament - Bracket Posted SCHEDULE RD. 2 NOW!

staticz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Madden 12 - Tournament Thread

Game Setup:
Basically the only thing we are changing by default is knocking it down to 5 minute quarters....leave everything else the default and you'll be good.

• All-Pro Difficulty
  • Unranked Games
  • 5 minute quarters
  • No accel clock
  • Updated Rosters - YOU CANNOT USE INJURED PLAYERS in Tournament 2!!! Again you CANNOT use injured players.

General Rules:
  • Play like a real NFL coach
  • Suprise onside kick is ALLOWED
  • QB Sneak is ALLOWED
  • User can control ANY player on the field
  • NO quick QB switching
  • Limited no huddle is FINE

Game Due Dates
Due dates will be determined based on number of players. Obviously as teams get beat our advance rate will get progressively quicker until the tournament crowns a champion. For a 16 team tournament the first round should not take more than 3-4 days.

Please post your team selection as follows -
Tournament Name:
Team:
Gamertag:
Availability:
Best way to contact:​

If you can't play, don't sign up. This is going to be easy-going but I'm not waiting around for anyone either. There will always be another tournament, so you can always catch the next one if you're too busy.

2nd Tournament Details:
Theme: Bad Teams
Team Selection: First Come, First Served
Team Limit: 12
Matchups: Randomly Selected

Tournament 2 Notes -
A) No injured players who are 'out' are allowed (see below). If I find out you did you will be automatically disqualified, no questions asked. That said, if you accuse someone you'll need proof.
Here is a current injury list - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries You can use questionable or probable players. If they are ruled OUT do NOT play them!​
Here is an IR list - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries These players are off limits!​

Tournament 2 Teams and Contact Info:
1. Dolphins - BSETI50
2. Raiders
CAG: ballhawk20 GT: xxballhawk20xx Avail: After 3pm EST Contact: PM or XBL
3. Chargers
CAG: bvharris GT: bvharris888 Avail: After 6pm EST Contact: PM
4. Bucs
CAG: ubernes GT: broadway row Avail: After 7pm EST Contact: PM
5. Chiefs
CAG: staticz GT: staticzV2 Avail: After 8pm EST Contact: PM
6. Eagles
CAG: sprice8688 GT: sprice20 Avail: After 5pm EST Contact: PM or XBL
7. Jags
CAG: gbpackers94 GT: gbpackers994 Avail: After 4pm EST Contact: PM
8. Cards
CAG: DVO21 GT: DVO21 Avail: After 5pm EST Contact: PM
9. Panthers
CAG: LVPatriots GT: MurdaModeLV Avail: After 7:30pm EST Contact: PM or XBL (after 7:30pm EST)
10. Redskins
CAG: Deuce20602 GT: deuce20602 Avail: After 3pm EST Contact: PM or XBL
11Vikings
CAG: Tanabeo GT: Tanabeo Avail: After 12-10pm EST Contact: PM or XBL
12. Bills
CAG: OG Whitewidow GT: ?? Avail: ?? Contact: ??

Tournament 1 Results - Congrats BSETI
Tournament 1 Bracket:
NXBX8.png

Tournament 2 - Bad Teams Bracket:
mX27R.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='staticz']Because of recent terrorist attacks against both the Main and Fantasy Leagues we have chosen to shut down the Fantasy League. Actually it was a lot more than that, but whatever.

With that said -

I'm up for doing one of two things - A) Running a secondary league with current teams (no Fantasy) or B) Running regular tournaments as a supplement to the main leage

My preference is tournaments that way people can come and go as the please. Ideas passed along have been "Bad Teams" "No Doomtime" "Super Teams" etc. The cool thing with tournaments are that the possibilities are pretty much endless and there isn't more than a 3 day commitment.

What say you Madden Fans?[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of taking a team and progressing them, but i understand peoples commitment, but if we can only get 15 people we can do one conference and play each other only, or two divisions in each conference and just secondary so people get more playing time.

But one thing should be before we let people join that we look back and see if they post and play their games quick so we arent getting held back and can progress pretty quuickly. Thats if you decide on a franchise.

A tourney is quick and easy so im up for either one.

I'm down for a "doomtime plays as the packers" tournament. I would like to unleash the hell that is a fully focused doomtime playing with an elite team.
I wouldn't be in this tournament. :lol:

I like Bad Teams, also NFC vs AFC (each first round matchup is an AFC team vs NFC, even amount from each conference), All NFC, All AFC, East vs West, Civil War (North vs South haha), All Wildlife... Okay, I'm done!

And as I said in the thread, I'm up for a full on league using the idea from last Madden where the teams with the worst records get first pick.

[quote name='ubernes']I like Bad Teams, also NFC vs AFC (each first round matchup is an AFC team vs NFC, even amount from each conference), All NFC, All AFC, East vs West, Civil War (North vs South haha), All Wildlife... Okay, I'm done![/QUOTE]

All wildlife may have to be the first tournament.

I'll leave it for discussion for the time being. We may do a poll if there isn't an immediate consensus.

[quote name='ubernes']I like Bad Teams, also NFC vs AFC (each first round matchup is an AFC team vs NFC, even amount from each conference), All NFC, All AFC, East vs West, Civil War (North vs South haha), All Wildlife... Okay, I'm done![/QUOTE]

I like the "spring break" tourney: all Florida and California teams + New Orleans.

[quote name='staticz']All wildlife may have to be the first tournament.

I'll leave it for discussion for the time being. We may do a poll if there isn't an immediate consensus.[/QUOTE]

So Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Jags, Colts, Broncos, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, Cards, Rams... one short. :cry: Am I missing someone?

Edit: And I wouldn't use a poll because you can't edit or delete them. Mucks up the thread.

Edit2: The Browns have the "Dawg Pound" they can get the last "Wildlife" spot. It took me like 15 minutes to connect the animal dot to another team haha.

I'd be up for tournaments. I love playing with you guys, but it's getting harder and harder to keep up with the quick pace of the main league as well as having to play games for 2 teams in the JV league.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I like the "spring break" tourney: all Florida and California teams + New Orleans.[/QUOTE]

Miami, Jacksvonville (Spring Break 98!!!), San Diego, Oakland (see: Jacksonville), New Orleans, Tampa Bay, San Fran, LA Rams

Could be a good 8 team tournament.

[quote name='ubernes']Miami, Jacksvonville (Spring Break 98!!!), San Diego, Oakland (see: Jacksonville), New Orleans, Tampa Bay, San Fran, LA Rams

Could be a good 8 team tournament.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually thought the same thing about the rams :D. And you could add the texans to the wildlife tourney, at least their logo is an animal.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah I actually thought the same thing about the rams :D. And you could add the texans to the wildlife tourney, at least their logo is an animal.[/QUOTE]

Good point about the Texans. See my edit above about the Browns, a bit more of a stretch than the Texans haha.

[quote name='ubernes']Good point about the Texans. See my edit above about the Browns, a bit more of a stretch than the Texans haha.[/QUOTE]

What is a "brown" anyways? I'm going to go look it up. Brb

Edit: named after a guy. Lame.

i like the tournament a lil better than a full on league but thats ONLY because of me leaving for basic. I'd be down to do second league like we did last year but it would suck for me to have to relenquish the fairly good team i'd get (i am 3-4 right now :)) at the end of January.

Looks like there may be more interest in tournaments rather than a full league. That is OK with me.

Ill be sending PMs out to some of the guys that haven't seen this thread yet and see if we get anymore responses. Assuming the majority doesn't change I will get to work tonight or during lunch.

Anyone up for a jail house tourney - all teams must have at least one convict on their roster!

I'm in for Bseti's Ideas on another Fantasy Draft. And of course, I am down for tourneys and/or a new league with less than 32 players. Basically I'm in. May Vince Young's Super Bowl dreams R.I.P. with the fantasy league.

Since everyone is calling out teams for a non-existant league, I'll take the Eagles.

Also everyone should know that giving Bseti the Pats is a horrible idea. (Unless we want a Doomtime 2000)

BSETI if you see this, start a thread for a new fantasy league, post it on here and the other 2 forums, instead of just having people PM you, It'll give people a good idea of who is interested. Because I DEFINATELY AM.

ief we do good players get bad teams ill take the bengles or rams..... mayb u should take teams that have the worst records from ours and just give them first dibs on teams and kinda do i like if it was doing a draft 1 bein the worst to 32 the superbowl winner

[quote name='LVPatriots']I'm in for Bseti's Ideas on another Fantasy Draft. And of course, I am down for tourneys and/or a new league with less than 32 players. Basically I'm in. May Vince Young's Super Bowl dreams R.I.P. with the fantasy league.

Since everyone is calling out teams for a non-existant league, I'll take the Eagles.

Also everyone should know that giving Bseti the Pats is a horrible idea. (Unless we want a Doomtime 2000)

BSETI if you see this, start a thread for a new fantasy league, post it on here and the other 2 forums, instead of just having people PM you, It'll give people a good idea of who is interested.[/QUOTE]

even if he went undefeated it be a repeat of patriots giants....

[quote name='sprice8688']even if he went undefeated it be a repeat of patriots giants....[/QUOTE]

Insinuating that Doomtime is unbeatable?

i think a full on league would be fun a more relaxed one with like 4 or 5 days in between games and the better people get the worse teams and the guyes like me that arent quite as skill full get better teams...... i just really want the cowboys

[quote name='LVPatriots']Insinuating that Doomtime is unbeatable?[/QUOTE]

no cause im the only one in either league.to beat him :)..... but i feel noone is unbeatable no matter who they have i would play him 10 tines wit him being the pats and i guarentee ill win at least 1

Heading back more towards 50-50...

One thing I will say is that I'm not going to do a Fantasy League. There is no way I'm dealing with that. If we end up with a league is there a willing co-commish?

[quote name='sprice8688']no cause im the only one in either league.to beat him :)..... but i feel noone is unbeatable no matter who they have i would play him 10 tines wit him being the pats and i guarentee ill win at least 1[/QUOTE]

I'd be fine winning the other 9.

i would be co with u im always on so i would be able to help get trade put through when ur not able to and help with questions u and i have multiple ways of making contact with eachother and i think our views on trades and everything about equal and everything.
i dont like the idea of a fantasy league though to much bullshit and i think it takes the fun out of it a little atleast in my eyes.
what about trade caps would we leave it the same or make it lower or even higher ??????

QUOTE=Doomtime;9193593]I'd be fine winning the other 9.[/QUOTE]

lol and i can take knowing that i beat someone whos supposably unbeatable just 1 time :). my fantasy team was great tho ill never get an offense like that again. but also not sure if u saw doom he said bseti with the pats would have a season like u did last yr and i said hed lose in the superbowl so lv thought i was sayin noone could beat u so being the only one so far i had braggin rights.

[quote name='sprice8688']lol and i can take knowing that i beat someone whos supposably unbeatable just 1 time :). my fantasy team was great tho ill never get an offense like that again[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was, still can't believe nobody else picked those receivers.

Looking for 9 more people to do a fantasy draft

12 teams, cag rules. Updated rosters. Play vs cpu on all madden. No trading of draft picks.

If I can build a list we ill make a thread and we can create divisions

At this point I'd rather do tourneys than another league. But if we do a league dibs on packers!

[quote name='staticz']
Anyone up for a jail house tourney - all teams must have at least one convict on their roster![/QUOTE]

So basically every team is available? ;)

[quote name='BSETI50']Looking for 9 more people to do a fantasy draft

12 teams, cag rules. Updated rosters. Play vs cpu on all madden. No trading of draft picks.

If I can build a list we ill make a thread and we can create divisions[/QUOTE]

You know I am in. I suppose I will send you a PM though.

Actually Sprice, If I play Bseti 10 times I'll usually win more than 1. But we don't really have that luxury in a league.

And I have yet to play Doom (except for half a scrim). So I really don't know how amazingly awesome he is at this game.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
And I have yet to play Doom (except for half a scrim). So I really don't know how amazingly awesome he is at this game.[/QUOTE]

He sucks ;)

We're pretty split at this point. I'd like to get a few more opinions before we decide either way. If you want a fantasy league hit up BSETI, looks like he trying split off a third league. 4 madden leagues on CAG...maybe we should just start our own forum lol.

Yeah I'm not interested in a fantasy league. I'd be down for tournaments, although the updated roster Chiefs are terrible.

[quote name='LVPatriots']You know I am in. I suppose I will send you a PM though.

Actually Sprice, If I play Bseti 10 times I'll usually win more than 1. But we don't really have that luxury in a league.

And I have yet to play Doom (except for half a scrim). So I really don't know how amazingly awesome he is at this game.[/QUOTE]

i was just using it as an example thats anyones beatable.... im think i can beat anyone but ive also been beat by guys u would think shouldnt beat me... bseti u kicked my ass but it will be diff next time we play

Will tournaments just be scheduled ranked (more likely unranked) games. When we finish it, we post who won, and they play the winners from the bracketed games?

It has absolutely nothing to do with online franchises correct?

After the fantsay mishap, I like that idea.

Also I motion for 6 MINUTE QUARTERS in whatever we do......Yea you heard me

[quote name='sprice8688']i was just using it as an example thats anyones beatable.... im think i can beat anyone but ive also been beat by guys u would think shouldnt beat me... bseti u kicked my ass but it will be diff next time we play[/QUOTE]

I agree, Madden is crazy like that. Any given X-Box....

[quote name='LVPatriots']Will tournaments just be scheduled ranked games. When we finish it, we post who won, and they play the winners from the bracketed games?

It has absolutely nothing to do with online franchises correct?

After the fantsay mishap, I like that idea.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I'm still liking this idea better. People can come and go as they please, we can do as many or as few as we want, and so on.

I think it is a better way to supplement the main league.

bread's done
Back